Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Licenced content : Re:Monster [FR]

potato

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Kotawa

Kotawa

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

The other day, I bought the first tome of Re:Monster in my local library. And as I was sorting through my follows today, I've stumbled on the same said manga and thought that I'd check its progress in english. Which allowed me to see that the French translation was still up.

So I figured I'd let the staff/mods/lurkers know that the first 9 french chapters have an official release in France. That's all ! Sorry if it's the wrong place to post this, I'll humbly take any punishment you see fit to bestow inflict me with !

(If you want to check out the publisher's site, you can find it here )

-Kotawa

mod edit: moved from batoto support to General Comic Hosting Stuff

Ever heard of Spirit Circle ? A great read, give it a try !

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Spoiler

But I don't believe Batoto actually has a rule against rehosting fan-scanlated content just because that content is also licensed.

If a request is made by someone with an actual stake in the conversation (i.e. the publisher, scanlator, etc... of that content ) then yeah, they pull it, not otherwise though. 

I mean, think about it, there's all sorts of the content here that is indeed also licensed in English, yet they're not pulling the fan scanlated chapters of them, right? Unless someone with a legitimate beef comes along and says something about it :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Kotawa

Kotawa

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

Lesson learned kids, it's bad to assume things. Well at least I said my piece right.

Although it wouldn't be the first time a french publisher would come with the request to remove his content (there was some really nasty stories a couple of years back :D). 

Ever heard of Spirit Circle ? A great read, give it a try !

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Lesson learned kids, it's bad to assume things. Well at least I said my piece right.

Although it wouldn't be the first time a french publisher would come with the request to remove his content (there was some really nasty stories a couple of years back :D). 

Yup, exactly, you're right about that.......and yeah, I'm mainly going by memory here, one of the staff may say differently.....but yeah, if the group that scanlated those chapters gets a nasty email from somebody......yup, they then come here and say "hey, it's licensed in the language we scanlated it into now and we don't want to be publicly tied to it anymore". And then, yeah, Batoto will take it down.

Tn7HA0h.png

KenjiKay

KenjiKay

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

That would explain why My Hero Academia's still up, that's for sure.

Personally, I really, really wish a group would take up Drops of God. Far as I know, Vertical couldn't renew the contract, so the license is in limbo.