Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ratman; latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well I would like to hear what you think about this series.
I really like it. but what will happen if the probation period is over. will he still be ratman?

Hallowx0

Hallowx0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Yea it would be good I mean it would be bad if he got his Powers away and I would like to know if the Manga would be an Anime :D Like Beelzebub ^^

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
i like it, the plot is good and the characters are great. If it was turned into an anime i would watch, do you think there will be a triangle romance?
i would prefer it if he choose the girl he sits next to.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
Chapter 19 was good chapter that shows the different sides to people. People are like stew you need to take more than one bite to appreciate the taste.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
what do you think of the ending of chapter 26. Can you believe he actually told him. I excepted nothing less from shototo still he really did it

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
Well he is naive, he believes everyone has good in them. He will get hurt sooner or later when he discovers what his new "friend" does.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Well he is naive, he believes everyone has good in them.

? where did you get that from, he didn't extend that notion to Ankaiser.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
Well at first before he become ratman, he believed all the heroes were kind people. But after becoming Ratman he sees the truth

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Well at first before he become ratman, he believed all the heroes were kind people. But after becoming Ratman he sees the truth

? I still don't see how you extracted that conclusion.
That doesn't mean he is overly naive or optimistic, it just means he didn't have the knowledge of how much corruption is behind the hero organization, which could apply for anyone. And even since then, Ankaiser has mostly been the example of corrupt heroes, the others that have recently appeared are more like villains who disguise themselves as heroes.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
true, my mistake

xxjasonxx

xxjasonxx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Yea it would be good I mean it would be bad if he got his Powers away and I would like to know if the Manga would be an Anime :D Like Beelzebub ^^

no beelzebub is one of kind :D

http://god-of-lol-55.mybrute.com

mrpatpie

mrpatpie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Locationthere *points*
how come the other guy was fine ?
broteampill on youtube FTW

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCashin a keg of Natty Ice with Fratmaster Urek "The Man"zino
So does anyone else think that the cell phone antihero will be "redeemed" after talking to shooto? It seems like quite a few of the villains (Ankaiser, bison burger guy, Unchain) end up being good after shooto has a bro-to-bro talk with them. Maybe this time we'll see a flashback where cell-bro will lose his first cell phone, and thus is unable to call the radio station and win the million dollar "name that tune" prize that he needed to pay for his mother's medical bills, which will explain why he turned into a guy who uses the power of his iPhone to make heroes run amok. Will Shooto make him realize the error of his ways, or will this guy actually remain evil?

"Koichi really steals! No dignity!" - Jusuke Josder

GreenDrag

GreenDrag

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOn the wall that held back the hordes of infidels invading Europe.

I think we're having a main 'villain' here... So if anything will come of talking with him, it will be Shooto losing confidence (again) in what he is, and question what his beloved dayman Shiningman actually was...

So in short, we're having a plot character...

Also, lol @ catgirl Rio...

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

So does anyone else think that the cell phone antihero will be "redeemed" after talking to shooto? It seems like quite a few of the villains (Ankaiser, bison burger guy, Unchain) end up being good after shooto has a bro-to-bro talk with them. Maybe this time we'll see a flashback where cell-bro will lose his first cell phone, and thus is unable to call the radio station and win the million dollar "name that tune" prize that he needed to pay for his mother's medical bills, which will explain why he turned into a guy who uses the power of his iPhone to make heroes run amok. Will Shooto make him realize the error of his ways, or will this guy actually remain evil?

Well, I doubt that iPhone-man will get redeemed so easily. In regards of the latest chapters I can only tell that he has a reason for acting the way he is acting, but it seems it's revenge driven or even worse (psychopath messiah delusions, what with giving the "gift" of the S-Factor to all heroes).

Well, we really don't know the whereabouts of Shiningman, since the flashback only told us about the director's POW of the events that transpired 10 years ago.

But whatever, time for wild massive guesses!!]============> The only seemingly logical theories I can draw: Sin is Shiningman's son. Shiningman is alive. Aaaaand, if both my first and second theories are correct: Shiningman(Shadowman?) might become the true final enemy.

And yes, your comment made me chuckle.

Edited by figureLP09, 28 September 2013 - 06:15 AM.

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

paraquat

paraquat

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCashin a keg of Natty Ice with Fratmaster Urek "The Man"zino

Well, I doubt that iPhone-man will get redeemed so easily. In regards of the latest chapters I can only tell that he has a reason for acting the way he is acting, but it seems it's revenge driven or even worse (psychopath messiah delusions, what with giving the "gift" of the S-Factor to all heroes).

Well, we really don't know the whereabouts of Shiningman, since the flashback only told us about the director's POW of the events that transpired 10 years ago.

But whatever, time for wild massive guesses!!]============> The only seemingly logical theories I can draw: Sin is Shiningman's son. Shiningman is alive. Aaaaand, if both my first and second theories are correct: Shiningman(Shadowman?) might become the true final enemy.

And yes, your comment made me chuckle.

Now that the plot has advanced a bit, I think I agree with you about the final enemy, if he's still alive. Certainly sounds plausible, as does the reason for the iPhoneman giving everybody free weekend and evening minutes with unlimited text and data...er...the S-Factor.

"Koichi really steals! No dignity!" - Jusuke Josder

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

Well, rushie rushies, the chapter flew us by. And now Sin got to  interrupt such a nice date, I wonder if that was Shooto's plan all along?

New post/editbecausef@ckdoubleposts:

First theory struck gold. Suck it, nonbelievers.

Edited by figureLP09, 05 June 2014 - 04:23 AM.

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

Well... they fucked it up.

My expectations were low from the beginning, but even with that, they managed to disappoint me. Nothing even remotely interesting in the ending, just the same old cliches we grew tired of. Everyone is redeemed, there aren't any decent villains left. And to think I started to read this because the protagonist was supposed to be an antihero! You'll get diabetes from all the excessive cheesy sugary bits in it. Details below.

Spoiler

All in all, this was more childish, than your average toddler's storybook.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)