Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] On Stranger Tides

Pirates Fantasy One Piece

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

I figured the bear just happened upon the fruit and gave it to him without knowing what it was and just thought it looked tasty and Orzo read into the meaningless gesture a lot more than was intended.

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 19 June 2016 - 03:35 PM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

If you put it that way, that does definitely sound like something you'd see in One Piece.

Just waiting on either Mors or Kid to submit their character then we can start this.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Working on mine should have it done tonight.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

When did useless become so mean?

November 30th, 1992.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Hey, that's just a few months after I started being awesome. What a coincidence.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 19 June 2016 - 11:34 PM.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I just wanted to inform everyone that in this RP, I plan to generally boost the level of technology in the world. Examples would include Dirigibles, Zeppelins, and Blimps being present. 

I'll also be starting the IC thread soon.

Edited by Deviruchi, 21 June 2016 - 12:16 AM.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Spoiler

Here's a character. If there is no NPC captain, then that's the position I'll be aiming for. If parts of the backstory feel incomplete, it may be because I originally intended to be playing as two separate characters x.x

Edited by Mors, 21 June 2016 - 07:03 AM.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Seems like something out of Game of Thrones minus the nudity, profanity and incest along with a few DotA references. And was that a little tease at the end some Haoshoku Haki? Nothing wrong with that though.

I like the character and didn't notice where it was suppose to seem incomplete. What was the other character you were planning to play as? A guard who was loyal to the royal family and knew the truth?

By the way, accepted.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
You guessed right, I had a personal guard assistant character as well but wasn't sure if two characters would fly. It was supposed to be Haki, yeah. And sweet.

Edited by Mors, 21 June 2016 - 04:52 AM.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

The idea of two characters doesn't really bother me. Are they going to be together at the start of the story or would you want Doran's guard to try to look for him first? The former would be more convenient for myself.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
It would be the former.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

No problem them. Like I said, I wouldn't mind.

I mean, only if you still wanted to.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
The IC Thread  is up.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Spoiler

Here's the second character. I'm altering the end of Doran's backstory slightly so that she's with him.

Edited by Mors, 21 June 2016 - 07:20 AM.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
No real problem here. I'm just curious with the devil fruit you chose. I suppose you aren't following the technicalities they used in the movie. I think when enlarging or speeding something up, they used multiples of 10. I'm not saying I prefer. Considering her upbringing, Mirana would probably be quite skilled; no issues with that. I'm just curious with her capabilities with her devil fruit ability. What would be her current power-level?

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Well, I purposefully left that unspecified both because I wasn't sure what sort of power level we're starting at exactly, and because I was mostly gonna use it in more general terms than specific number. Instead of "Ha, I increase my speed by 100x Hon Hon Hon" it'll be "SUPER SHIELD THROW ATTACK" and you can interpret that as whatever. 

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

That's cool. I try as much as possible to avoid imposing limiters and whatnot on characters. Maybe after the arc, you'll get a better idea on the power levels. Strictly speaking though, it'll be quite varied and would depend on your character's background.

If I had to rank the character's in terms of strength, Mirana would be the strongest then followed by Doran or Orzo, then Vaska and last would be Han. In terms of growth, its definitely a free for all.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

I imagine Vaska as both really strong, and also not strong at all. He himself is kind of a little punk bitch, but if he keeps his distance then he's kind of unstoppable in a way unless you have a way to deal with the swarm. I will probably post tomorrow. (:

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Creativity would definitely be a factor in determining how strong everyone is. Not really sure how you're going to play Vaska, but I can imagine how strong he'd be in the later parts of the story.

If anyone wants information on the island or certain characters, just ask. I can include it in the updates or just present it here.

EDIT: I honestly didn't expect someone to post so soon, but this isn't me complaining; I just wanted to make that clear. I actually expected that someone was going to try to leave the cit; my guess was Vaska though.

If no one else will try to leave, I can give Rogue a quick update within the day.

Edited by Deviruchi, 21 June 2016 - 10:10 AM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

I was intending to bump into Mors' character, but yeah, he was gonna look towards leaving.