Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] On Stranger Tides

Pirates Fantasy One Piece

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@ Johnny and Joker

I think it would be best if we make use of a system where we simply describe your abilities and improve them by adding facets/aspects to them throughout the RP (as previously mentioned). I was thinking of including attributes (Strength, Agility, Endurance, Dexterity and Willpower) but aside from assigning a numerical value to it along with what that number actually means, I can't think of a good enough way to do it.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

From personal experience, quantifying stats generally just serves to compare player characters to one another. If you'd really like to do that, I think ranking stats rather than quantifying them (A being really good, F being pretty shitty) is generally easier since, at the end of the day, it only ends up serving as a benchmark between player characters.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Seeing as the player pool seems significantly small, I think we could skip attributes and rely on just the abilities you've given your characters. If the need arises, simply adding to the existing system would be easy.

With that, the character sheet is finalized. I apologize for the indecisiveness on my part regarding the system to be used in the RP.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Reposting on this page for you since this site takes six years recently to open threads. Not really much change, but it is now completed.

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I appreciate the concern. I thought it was just me who took so long to open threads around here.

As much as I want to get this thing running, we currently only have two characters. There are two others who expressed interest though. I'd be willing to start with at least three if not much people actually join.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
Spoiler

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
If I may chime in on a system, I believe a system where perks are introduced as you move on would help give versatility and stuff to abilities. Something that can be progressed writhing the need for making it techniques like Logia reflexive transformation or Zoan transformations.

Even special abilities like Gears 2-4, asura, diambe Jamble, and awakening. Just my thought
Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@Rogue I've seen that image several times already, but I just noticed its lack of a left shoe? I don't see anything wrong with the character. Glad to have you around. :)

Just a question, what exactly is Bear God Yorken? An actual giant bear who talks? Or just a regular massive grizzly? Ohm did have that giant dog with boxing gloves.

@Kid Sorry, but chime? You want to agree with the system? Maybe you could give me an example of what you mean. I apologize, but I'm having a hard time understanding your suggestion. 

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Perks would be a way to advance a person's ability and keep track of them.

Depending on how you govern the perk could give people very versatile abilities.

For example:

If I was a Zoan,
The Zoan he abilities of being able to turn into an animal with varying degrees of transformation.

Basic ability is to transform into an animal and hybrid
A perk could be something along the lines of having poison saliva because a person is a snake Zoan. Being able to grand form one part of a person's body into a specific animal body part instead of a full on hybrid form. Things like that.

Yiu wild still need techniques for application but at least people would not be pulling stuff out of their asses
awakening can also be a perk since its advancement of an ability.

Swordsmanship perks
Giving people the ability to cut through steel or even Karoseki

Perks can serve and measuring sticks and limitation buffers in order to show who can do what. I feel it makes it easy on the GM and everyone to be Honest
Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

That's similar to the facets/aspects I was talking about with the abilities.  They'd still be able to advance in terms of what they can do and its easily monitored.

Let's say Rogue wants to give Orzo the ability to be able to selectively transform specific body parts instead of his entire form, that would certainly be possible with the system being employed now.

Having poison saliva because you're a Snake Zoan? Wouldn't you be able to produce poison already and you'd have that ability right from the start. The point of the system I decided to use is to allow people to "pull stuff out their asses" as they see fit as long as its within the scope of the description they gave their ability. Awakening would be achievable later on if they become more proficient with their fruit and decide to go for it.

Regarding swordsmanship, if we take Han as an example, he's only has the a vanilla sword style and the ability to be able to cut steel or launch blades of air would come later. 

Everything you suggested is quite within the range of the system I'm using right now and isn't taxing on my part whatsoever. I'm not really getting the point of your suggestion since everything you just said already exists right now. :P

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Oh Kay cool: then I am agreeing with it don't worry about stats because perks can make up for it
Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'm actually not worried about either since both of those are already integrated into Abilities. :) Anymore concerns?

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Do you have any plans of having a captain, or is everything being left to us? I think I usually prefer an NPC since it gives the GM a way to nudge us in different directions, but wouldn't mind either way.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Honestly, I was debating with myself on the same topic. I've already typed up the first post and it doesn't involve an NPC Captain to be controlled by me, but given the scenario I came up with, it would be easy to just introduce one. I was thinking that someone amongst the players would want to be captain. If the majority prefers an NPC Captain, that would be fine with me. It wouldn't change the plot that much.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Han wishes to be captain. It is known.

None yet have trusted him with such a position, or any position in fact.

Take that as you will. :3

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 19 June 2016 - 10:45 AM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

I don't think anyone would willingly devote their service to Han. Maybe you can find a ragtag team of vegetable-themed ten year olds, but otherwise you're probably out of luck.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

@Devi

It's just a giant bear that's cool with his tribe because they give it things.  Since shandians love their giant animals and calling them gods.  

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@Majestic I got the feeling that Han wanted to take the role of Captain.

@Johnny Maybe he earns Orzo and Vaska's trust?

@Rogue I thought so. I was just thrown off by the whole fruit giving aspect of the story.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Maybe his sword fighting will actually be impressive. He'll dazzle the others with a fantastic display of combat prowess and cool poses. That's all a Captain needs right? Sword skills and cool poses. In theory he's perfect for it. It's a shame he's also the worst guy of all time.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
When did useless become so mean?
Spoiler