Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Nice manga!

romance drama shoujo school days

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
Well I started reading at 11pm yesterday and I just realized it's 7:30am...wow how addictive is this manga...
I'm a drama/romance/school days manga lover, and this one has a lots of it, especially drama, can't get enough of it!!!
Kinda makes me sad when such good mangas come to an end, I feel like, this weird emptiness, thank God there's so much manga out the to fill that weird feeling up again.

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
just finished...with almost tears in my eyes, so much love and drama, GOD it was awesome!!! hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
Any recommendations for mangas like this to read?

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, since you ask, I can babble on for ages with such recommendations.
Koishi Tagari no Blue is both pretty dashed good and really very similar to this one. The plot isn't the same and who loves who isn't the same, but the characters and the feel are a lot like. They make me think of each other.
Love So Life is the ultimate cuteness overload because the main character is taking care of the male lead's twin little kids. Romance is very gradual.
Violet Blue Rose is heartwarming and hilarious, great characters, good romance.
Bara no Tame ni (or maybe Bara no Tameni) is amazingly good even though--if I describe the plot it will sound melodramatic but it isn't, it's awesome, heartfelt, sometimes sad, funny, and weirdly down to earth. Unusually, the female lead isn't that good looking--plump and average. But she's a nice kid. The other characters are strong and all different from each other and interact incredibly. There isn't a stereotype in the bunch. Unfortunately it's not on Batoto, not yet anyway.
Monkey High
Hanjuku Joshi is a lovely sexy romance with nice characters which happens to be yuri so if you don't like yuri don't read, but it's great.
Kimi ni Todoke is one of the very best currently going. Just read it.
You could check out things by Yoshizumi Wataru, who wrote Marmalade Boy, Kimi Shika Iranai and various others, usually good.
Going back a bit, Kare Kano is one of my all time favourites for high school romance manga.

Hope that helps.

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
You sure know a lot about this genres of manga, I'm definitely gonna read them all! thank you for the recommendations!
I saw the anime of kimi ni todoke, it was really funny, i'll make sure to read the manga.

liminaliti

liminaliti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Funny coincidence. I started reading at 9pm last night... read until 2:30am in the morning since I had an exam today. Finished it now. =)

I generally don't like shoujo manga, many stories are too cliche, or the main characters are too weak/constantly complain/annoying. The only ones I really recall enjoying are Skip Beat, Cat Street, Tenshi Nanka ja Nai... Probably more but those are the ones off the top of my head.

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
Thanks for the info! I will look into them!

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Oh yeah, liminaliti's right, Cat Street is really good.

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
Damn, read it for the 3th time, just the kind of manga i'd definitively buy if it was translated in my country...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

A live action adaptation apparently. Well deserved, as I remember this was quite a good story.....

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-08/strobe-edge-shojo-romance-manga-gets-live-action-film/.76427

Tn7HA0h.png