Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Romance Dawn

One Piece Whats that? Probably Worth Checking Out Join?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Yo, young pirate. Welcome to the world of One Piece!

Bvy7gy8.png?2

Here, you're gonna be exposed to an age of romanticism filled with adventure and piracy. Cool, huh? No prior knowledge of the One Piece world is needed, its totally fine. If any one feel like reading up, just check the Wiki site: One Piece

Here's the premise for everyone's enjoyment:

Over half a decade has passed since the last Pirate King roamed the seas. Monkey D. Luffy and his band of merry men were notorious throughout the world for traversing the mysterious Grand Line, conquering the New World and obtaining the truth about the origins of both the World Government and the network of sailors who call themselves, Pirates.

Towards the end of his journey, Luffy had obtained the respect of many islands and focused his attention on cleaning up the seas of those who he deemed to be 'bad'. However, although he managed to rid the world of many evil Pirates and Marines alike, the world inevitably keeps turning and history continues to repeat itself in the form of new dreamers setting sail onto the greatest sea in the world.

Not long after he ascended to the seat of Pirate King, the greatest crew in the world simply vanished. Without a trace or word, there was nobody left alive who could account for the whereabouts of the Straw-Hats, some hypothesized that in order to live a peaceful life the Straw-Hats had took it upon themselves to flee to Raftel, or one of the Sky-Islands, where they would forever remain undisturbed till the end of their days. On the year of the turtle, Luffy declared that he had left the greatest treasure ever to have existed, One Piece, in its rightful place, waiting there for the next crew who were destined to become the new kings of the sea. Ushering the world into the next era, whispers float through the Grand Line and the Blues, the seat of Pirate King is once again up for grabs and those who seek power, fame and fortune are once again sailing towards their dreams.

The race for One Piece has once again, begun. A pirate's life has never been better. So, any questions?

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Questions and Answers:

Spoiler

The Crew

Edited by Tres, 20 May 2016 - 11:41 AM.

tumblr_n2zgauSRUy1trxys9o2_500.gif

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Woo One Piece. I made a guy. :3

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 15 May 2016 - 05:29 PM.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
Interested in this.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Woo One Piece. I made a guy. :3

Spoiler

Vaani has this precious little gutter rat feel to him; ain't that cute. Cool character, no reason to reject him at all.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Yay!

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Not sure how many participants I'm gonna get. Will be setting 3 as the magic number for us to get started.

That seems fair enough.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
How much am I allowed to toy with existing canon when developing character backstory?

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Really depends on what you have planned out.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
My idea involved being the sheltered daughter of Voila from dressrossa, who wanted to run away in disguise and go on adventures instead of being a royal heiress. If something like that isn't allowed it's cool, and I'm also unsure how far into the future this takes place.

Edited by Mors, 15 May 2016 - 06:36 PM.

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I'd say 60-70 years; just wanted to make sure everyone had died already lol

You could still go with that but maybe without Viola.

Edited by Tres, 15 May 2016 - 06:37 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

You'd maybe want to be her granddaughter then. >.<

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
Ah, thought we might come across canon characters. That's cool too, in the case of my example it would be grandaughter or something then, but if you prefer something further removed from the manga's story then just let me know.

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Not a problem; I just find it difficult to RP as them if ever needed.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I wanna do it so much. I think I'm going make someone in going to evolve during the RP. So blank slate guy or gal. Idk I might choose a path but when it comes to skills like cooking and such, will we suck at it or will we be able to be proficient at them from the start. I just want to be sure that i can make meal for people and not suck at it just because it's the start

Plus, I don't want to add all this background about cooking and all my efforts in the past leads me to still suck ass
Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

This is a One Piece RP. You can probably be the best chef in the world, but nobody knows you. It's fighting that you'll get stronger at, not learning to use coriander more effectively. As you become a more famous pirate your magic cooking would spread.

Just like Sanji.

Or maybe you turn your parts/posts into shokugeki no soma. And it's all about cooking battles. Who can make the best lobster?! THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO KNOW!

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Pretty much what he said. 

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Good I didn't want to create someone whose history is avcept do but negated because we are "just starting out"

Combat is one thing. Helpful skills is another. I will roll someone cool

I hope he/she is cool
Spoiler

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I hope to see someone cool as well. Good luck, friend.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Thanks I'll be thinking hard tonight
Spoiler

Tres

Tres

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Just in case people don't feel the whole-adventure-as-a-crew idea, I can always change the plot into something else. I'm just a fan of the OP universe; not necessarily the idea of RPing as a pirate.