Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter 72 raw

Tower of God 72 raw len guide baam sniter

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Poll: [Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter 72 raw (67 member(s) have cast votes)

How is Hwa Rayun

1. Ranker in disguise (13 votes [19.40%])

Percentage of vote: 19.40%

2. A princess from the 10 families (10 votes [14.93%])

Percentage of vote: 14.93%

3. BOTH???? duh (13 votes [19.40%])

Percentage of vote: 19.40%

4. Normal Regular (2 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

5. Something else (29 votes [43.28%])

Percentage of vote: 43.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Funfreek

Funfreek

Potato

• Members
  • 121 posts
Ren is dead but his coutume looks fine. I guess its belongs to Sunwoo Nare now.

AWSOME!!

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ha! It was obvious that something was up with Hwa Ryun. I mentioned long ago that she always seemed more interested in observing the regulars than in the lessons or tests (she seemed bored of the lessons). For someone who worked so hard to sabotage the Crown test that attitude didn't make sense, plus there's how she suddenly targeted Lahel during said Crown test when it would have made more sense to either target Baam directly or target the bigger threat first (the big guy). She also didn't seem to care much when she didn't get qualified for the final test.

It's still pretty surprising that she doesn't even bother to look at Evan though. She must be higher ranked than we thought.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Kaishin

Kaishin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Is it at all possible that Hwa Ryun is Yu Han-Sung in disguise? Perhaps that is why Evan is so surprised.

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Spoiler

Urek mazino! Wow! a name i've only heard in the beginning of the story plus in the forums! And I'm not even sure if this is the right spelling!

hwaruyn's beauty....Uhh,, Yeah...

Hatsuling was a Koon. what a suprise.

Edited by Cadence, 14 November 2011 - 08:53 AM.

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw
thank you sensei

Lazy Tiger

Lazy Tiger

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 526 posts
Thank you sooo much Cadence! Again you make the impossible happen by bringing us a translation so soon! :)

This was a really great chapter! I knew SIU wouldn't disappoint but he just is amazing! The way he choreographs each chapter with how the story unfolds and progresses is pure genius!

I really enjoyed seeing Ren squashed like a cockroach, but then I read the translation and confirmed that it was indeed not his real body... Oh well... it probably means that Anak may be the one to settle the score with him later in the story...

I'm a little surprised at Yuri leaving without seing Baam... but at least she tells us something good about Urek waiting for Baam... Also, she tells us another important thing... that Baam must come to floor 77 AFTER becoming a ranker... What does that mean exactly?... Wouldn't he pass floor 77 when he climbs the tower to become a ranker anyway?... Or is it possible to skip floors or to become a ranker without having to reach the top 134 floor?... Well... one more mystery SIU likes to introduce subtly into the story...

I also had a laugh about Androssi's date with Baam! :P But I don't really understand why she would joke like that in these kind of circumstances... Even if she really did promise Baam that (in a more serious tone or as a joke...)...

It's also good to see that the director is also afraid of some things... when Yuri said he would kill him... This makes me really wonder about Yuri and Evan's real rank number... I know Evan is supposedly ranked higher then her... but is that really true?... I'm having doubts about that until I see a clear statement about it in a chapter... or in one of SIU's stat cards...

To conclude... Hwa Ryun's appearance was a real refresher... I was hoping she was still in the story and it seems SIU really doesn't like to leave loose ends and brilliantly reintroduces which characters are important when they are needed.... Also, about the translation Cadence made in the previous chapter's blog post... Maybe the first interpretation about some other main character rejoining the story and having an important part in Baam's test was the correct one, and that character was indeed Hwa Ryun... It would make a lot of sense if this was indeed the case...

Overall, great chapter, simply amazing... can't wait for next week's release! :)

EDIT: I almost forgot about the Koons... Their conversation was within expectations... And probably foreshadows Agero's joining the Wingtree sometime in the future, even though he seems stubborn right now...
And, about Anak losing her Green April... it almost seems as this was payback for stealing the Black March from Baam in the first place! :P... And not to forget Androssi warning Anak about something like this way back after they met... I really am looking forward to how things will progress from now on between Baam and his allies climbing the tower together...

Edited by Lazy Tiger, 14 November 2011 - 09:56 AM.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
*Worship Cpt. Cadence*

Well, well, well... With each new chapter SIU succeed in making me more ToG dependant. If he keeps giving us chapter as awesome as this one I'll start giggling...

But let's start the concrete stuff

Hwa Ryun's beauty is a foreshadowing : As far as I know, the only people/girls in the Tower famous for their beauty are the Zahard's Princess right? or is there a family of redhead I missed in the wiki/chapters? Because if she is a princess the real question now is the following: Is she a Regular Princess or a Ranker Princess? imho it's the second due to the fact that there is already two princess in this group (even if anak is not one technically) and since one is chosen every few hundred years (200?) the timeline with Androssi would be complicated. Moreover she is in cahoots with the Director and Evan seemed shocked to see her so her being a Regular would be weird in these two situations. Could she be the missing princess? the one rumored to be hiding in the 43rd floor (can't remember her name...)? Because if she was hiding in the second floor with the permission of Evankhell (I don't think she could have hide from him but I can't remember her Rank so she could have threatened him - but not very likely)and since no Ranker/high Ranker are admitted there (normally) it would make it easy for her to hide and help filtrate the threats to the Tower.

Regarding Baam and the Wind Tree, it seems like Baam will not take a shortcut 2nd floor --> 77th Floor ^^. I thought it was a way for him to climb the tower more rapidly without a time skip but hey it would have been difficult anyway. One thing I don't understand, will he not have to pass a test on the 77th floor while climbing to be a ranker? And will not Urek (or his delegate - can't remember his name either...)be the one to administer this test?

it's all for now, but I'm still processing things !

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

It's also good to see that the director is also afraid of some things... when Yuri said he would kill him... This makes me really wonder about Yuri and Evan's real rank number... I know Evan is supposedly ranked higher then her... but is that really true?... I'm having doubts about that until I see a clear statement about it in a chapter... or in one of SIU's stat cards...

Iirc Evan's rank is in the 100 and Yuri's is in the 500. Since the Director is not a High Ranker (well, he declined so he could be one but at the end of the ladder otherwise he wouldn't really have a choice, I think) either one could squash him like a cockroach. The difference between Evan and Yuri is that Yuri has a reputation of rash behavior, bad temper, and being a thug (cf. Androssi) when Evan seems like someone even-headed who will not, easily, succom to passion of the moment. So the Directors know that Evan probably won't kill him because it would cause a mess, but Yuri could, without worrying about the consequences. So I guess I'd be a little nervous too if she was threatening to kill me :P

To conclude... Hwa Ryun's appearance was a real refresher... I was hoping she was still in the story and it seems SIU really doesn't like to leave loose ends and brilliantly reintroduces which characters are important when they are needed.... Also, about the translation Cadence made in the previous chapter's blog post... Maybe the first interpretation about some other main character rejoining the story and having an important part in Baam's test was the correct one, and that character was indeed Hwa Ryun... It would make a lot of sense if this was indeed the case...

I think SIU was really talking about Baam, because he is back in this chapter in spirit if not in flesh. This chapter is all about him, how Len sent the bull, how Yuri want to help him, how his real test is now beginning, how he is drafted into the Wing Tree, etc. ... So Baam is once again at the center, with the different plot revolving around him

Edited by eXon, 14 November 2011 - 10:14 AM.

pegaso

pegaso

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
ooooh thanks captain cadence! just need to see the full scanlation and life is complete :D

hwaryun's reappearance makes sense but wow. i think she's a princess cause the blog translation said her beauty is a foreshadow and i can only guess that's what she is. but she's not wearing zahard's symbol so she may not be. my take is that she is a well-known spy/secret agent so maybe her current appearance is not her true appearance but evan sense something below the face. given how she blatantly ignored evan, either she thinks he's no threat or she's weak not to realise.

or maybe it's just a joke and our lingzhi mushroom has fall in love at first sight :D

Lazy Tiger

Lazy Tiger

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 526 posts
I would like to add another thing, about Kurudan and Ren's reaction to his attack... Maybe "dansoolsa" is not really a wave controller subclass, but some kind of position in the Wingtree organization... That's why he knows he cannot put the blame on Yuri...

Or maybe "dansoolsa" = ally in SIU language, literally...

Or even maybe it is some king of shinsoo attack... probably not though...

Just some thoughts... SIU will most likely reveal more as the story progresses, or maybe in some of his future blog posts or naver cafe...

Edited by Lazy Tiger, 14 November 2011 - 10:49 AM.

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Thank you Cadence^^
After reading a proper translation, I understand google translate translates "this" as "two" :D
Maybe forgotten main character was bull as being test's main enemy?
And I don't think Hwa Ryun is a princess because she let herself to be used by director and got a serious eye injury from Baam's attack.
But she must be really someone important to be known by Evan.
and this part from blog ;
"Now Baam is coming up.
You could say that the next chapter is the beginning of Baam becoming a real main character.
So what was he up to now?
A.... good-looking guy?"
made me laugh really :)
I think Baam will get really strong at some point in some floor and will get title of "Ranker"? Because we can't possibly see all of the floors he has to pass..
Maybe giving the title of "Ranker" is the job of Ranking Administation office(?).. And you don't have to pass the tests at every floor?
And we shouldn't forget Baam's story is just one piece of Talse Uzer story. And If i was SIU, i wouldn't start with the best story, would you? So I think this story is Baam's "Coming tower being the strongest guy in Urek's side maybe taking the place of Urek and becoming the Head of the wing tree organization?"
Attention: last part was just an idea crossed my mind without even thinking, so it is not a theory :)
In the end this chapter was a really awesome one and i think the next one will be more awesome with Bull and Baam!

Edited by Gizem, 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM.

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

Regarding Baam and the Wind Tree, it seems like Baam will not take a shortcut 2nd floor --> 77th Floor ^^. I thought it was a way for him to climb the tower more rapidly without a time skip but hey it would have been difficult anyway. One thing I don't understand, will he not have to pass a test on the 77th floor while climbing to be a ranker? And will not Urek (or his delegate - can't remember his name either...)be the one to administer this test?

IIRC Urek killed that floor's Guardian and since then there are no tests held there (regulars skip that floor). It's also the base of operations of the Wing Tree organization.

chaddann

chaddann

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 42 posts

IIRC Urek killed that floor's Guardian and since then there are no tests held there (regulars skip that floor). It's also the base of operations of the Wing Tree organization.

the one who killed the guardian was Enryuu. the 77th floor was given to Urek by Arie Hon http://www.batoto.ne...lations-thread/

Edited by chaddann, 14 November 2011 - 01:14 PM.

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

the one who killed the guardian was Enryuu. the 77th floor was given to Urek by Arie Hon http://www.batoto.ne...lations-thread/

I stand corrected. Looks like I mixed up the 43rd and 77th floors.

Edited by Murkel, 14 November 2011 - 01:46 PM.

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts

Hwa Ryun's beauty is a foreshadowing : As far as I know, the only people/girls in the Tower famous for their beauty are the Zahard's Princess right? or is there a family of redhead I missed in the wiki/chapters? Because if she is a princess the real question now is the following: Is she a Regular Princess or a Ranker Princess?

Lemme check the wiki...
Garam Zahard and Enne Zahard are supposedly missing. Enne is officially sealed, though. Garam Zahard is rumored to be on floor 43, which has no Guardian, and they say Urek has a crush on her. So who knows, could be that Garam teamed up with the Floor of Test to cause a wave that will shake the tower. In that case, Headon might have been talking to her back then, not about/to Lahel.

Keep in mind Evan is a scout, he doesn't have to be better than Yuri in combat, his talents are elsewhere.

Edited by Michael Chandra, 14 November 2011 - 01:49 PM.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Lemme check the wiki...
Garam Zahard and Enne Zahard are supposedly missing. Enne is officially sealed, though. Garam Zahard is rumored to be on floor 43, which has no Guardian, and they say Urek has a crush on her. So who knows, could be that Garam teamed up with the Floor of Test to cause a wave that will shake the tower. In that case, Headon might have been talking to her back then, not about/to Lahel.

Keep in mind Evan is a scout, he doesn't have to be better than Yuri in combat, his talents are elsewhere.

I wonder if that means no one can use shinsoo in that room, of course baam is an exception :P

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
And it's the 43rd Floor Guardian that was killed by Enryu. It's on this floor that Garam Zahard is rumored to be hiding since she murdered Uram Zahard and seized the Indigo July. If Hwa Ryun is a Zahard's Princess (in regard of SIU's most recent blogpost about her beauty being a foreshadowing)she may be her. The fact that the Director use her is not necessarily a setback since if it's her she's in hiding in his floor and should at least obey him a little. And regarding her injury, if you don't expect someone to attack you with a shinsoo bloast they are not even supposed to have you could get caught offguard.

Edit: humpf while typing my answer all my point have already being made !

And it's a good question Laurens, if there is no guardian, is it possible to use sinshoo? because if not it would be a good damn place to hide except from irregular who can use shinsoo without any contract... Guess we will know when Baam get there !

Edited by eXon, 14 November 2011 - 02:02 PM.

Kroll

Kroll

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 282 posts

I would like to add another thing, about Kurudan and Ren's reaction to his attack... Maybe "dansoolsa" is not really a wave controller subclass, but some kind of position in the Wingtree organization... That's why he knows he cannot put the blame on Yuri...

Or maybe "dansoolsa" = ally in SIU language, literally...

Or even maybe it is some king of shinsoo attack... probably not though...

Just some thoughts... SIU will most likely reveal more as the story progresses, or maybe in some of his future blog posts or naver cafe...

Dansoolsa is like anima subclass. Yu also has this position in her statcard

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts
Isn't the whole idea of the contracts that the Guardian disallows you from using Shinsoo without them? That means that floor 43 is the only one that allows Shinsoo-usage without contract. And usually that one is skipped by regulars.

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D

I wonder if that means no one can use shinsoo in that room, of course baam is an exception :P

it means more like there is no shinsoo restriction in this floor remember what the guardian said "it's a shackle"