Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

News on the Author's Health? Hiatus Status?

ballroom e youkoso illness hiatus takeuchi tomo

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

Would anyone hapen to have news on how Tomo-sensei's doing? Or if not, somewhere to look for news when it eventually comes out? Any kind of social media or official news source would be fantastic, I'm not sure where to start looking for reports. My weak googling skills have found me nothing.

It's only been two and a half months, but it feels like a helluva lot longer, especially given how spoiled with long and gorgeous chapters we have been up until now. We've lost so many good series to indefinite or permanent hiatus because so many mangaka wind up seriously ill or even dead, and Takeuchi Tomo is absolutely one of my favorite authors around; it would be a huge loss to the world for an author like that to be out of action.
If nothing else, it'd be nice to know what's going on, and if there's a twitter account we could send our well-wishes and support. Hell, if enough people wanted to, we could actually send a letter from all of us.
Thanks in advance for any help or ideas, guys and gals.

Edited by theroadstopshere, 28 April 2016 - 06:21 AM.

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

kenni

kenni

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAmestris

I don't want to crush your hopes, but it's not been two and a half months, that's just the scanlations. The manga itself has been on hiatus a lot longer. The last time raws surfaced was half a year ago and I've researched a bit. Well, at least I tried. I didn't find anything on the health status of the manga-ka, but I found out Ballroom e Youkouso won't be published in the june issue of monthy shounen magazine (May 6th). That means, the next time to get our hopes back is for the july issue published in early june.

Since it's already been so long, my hopes are honestly fading away at this point. It's a fantastic manga and it's such a shame the manga-ka is suffering from such severe health issues that makes her unable to continue with work for such a long time. I still hope she'll be back, but...

Edited by kenni, 29 April 2016 - 07:25 PM.

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

Damn, I forgot about the time delay between raw release and scanlation. That just makes it even worse... It makes me worried for the future of manga as a whole when so many good authors seem to end up permanently disabled or worse, especially since a good amount seems like it can be attributed to the stresses and physical demands of making manga.

Thanks for the info, kenni, its very much appreciated. Hope we can hear some good news soon. Even if she can't continue this manga, it'd be a huge relief to hear she's recovering. If Tomo-sensei is even half as wonderful a person as she is an author, the world would be a sadder place without her.

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

kenni

kenni

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAmestris

Hope we can hear some good news soon. Even if she can't continue this manga, it'd be a huge relief to hear she's recovering. If Tomo-sensei is even half as wonderful a person as she is an author, the world would be a sadder place without her.

Honestly, at this point, I'm more worried about her than her manga. Something that knocks you out for such a long time, must be serious.

Unfortunately, since Ballroom is pretty unknown/unpopular here in the west, it's hard to get any information. :(

btw, no Ballroom in the next issue as far as I can tell.

Edited by kenni, 22 May 2016 - 06:20 PM.

uoroai

uoroai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

sigh still on hiatus....sob

such a good manga this one

I guess for now you guys can go read 

this

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=121703

Also a competitive dancing manga, I think it even has a scene where sengoku pair showed up?

Not sure if it's a real crossover or just my imagination!

Zelkanok

Zelkanok

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I'm crying ;_;

I hope Takeuchi is in good care.

stelok

stelok

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Any news yet about the status of the manga?

ElBichoRaro

ElBichoRaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the north and the south hemisphere

Nothing at all has been said, but I just came across the mangaka's Twitter. What scares me the most is that nothing was posted AT ALL since November 2015. This makes me fear the worst.

za87gXz.gif Naaaaa

stelok

stelok

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Goddammit! A whole year?!

Has the author abandoned the manga? It can't be!

Edited by stelok, 13 November 2016 - 01:32 PM.

ixa

ixa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Today it was announced that the manga is coming off hiatus. From the tweets I saw it seems the author's health has improved.

ElBichoRaro

ElBichoRaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

This better be true! I wouldn't be able to stand yet another disappointment!

za87gXz.gif Naaaaa

Jouzea

Jouzea

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

WE BACK IN JANUARY!!!

Keiz

Keiz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCherrrr somewhere not in Japan D;

HALLELUJAH!!!

kirakuri

kirakuri

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I just started reading after the anime was announced out of curiosity and I got so worried when I heard about the author's health.
I'm really glad the series will be back on track and that she's doing better!

kmattza

kmattza

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

When is the Heat 43 going to be released? anybody knows anything about the mangaka's health?

ElBichoRaro

ElBichoRaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Raws come out on the 6th. No hiatus was planned. So the author should be okay.

za87gXz.gif Naaaaa

BertShadow

BertShadow

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi, the RAW of the new chapter is online but there are only 5 pages, someone knows if a new hiatus is comming?

BG_Comedian

BG_Comedian

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hi, the RAW of the new chapter is online but there are only 5 pages, someone knows if a new hiatus is comming?

As far as I know, the latest episode got only 5 pages due to mangaka's health again.

Twitter @borurumu tweeted on 4 Aug that her health is getting better, and thing is expected get back on track on the next volume.

Hopefully, she takes care of herself. Her health condition sounds pretty serious.

ElBichoRaro

ElBichoRaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

Does anyone know exactly what's her illness, anyway?

za87gXz.gif Naaaaa

mn-chronus

mn-chronus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

the mangaka's personal twitter if anyone's interested! 
@T2taketom

send good wishes to sensei

and I think this is obvious but don't tweet them spoilers/images of recent chapters, be respectful.

Edited by mn-chronus, 13 August 2017 - 10:42 PM.