Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thus, I reviewed Taiyou no Ie

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Review here:

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/04/20/taiyou-no-ie/

This is my favorite manga because of its focus on family as WELL as romance. I also just think it's a very good manga.

ROAR! TWIGLION!

Andrez-ssi

Andrez-ssi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

I didn't read it till the end. Although it was a good review, it seemed like you were telling the whole story of the manga, so I stopped

Spoiler
. I enjoy reading stories with the least ammount of information about what happens

EDIT: meanwhile I started reading the manga and it turns out it's all in the first chapter. I feel kinda stupid now :S

Edited by Andrez-ssi, 22 July 2016 - 01:37 PM.

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Yeah. I didn't tell the whole story. You learn about the Nakamuras' death in chapter 1. It's the premise. I don't spoil series.

Well, if you read the manga regardless I'm happy.

ROAR! TWIGLION!

Andrez-ssi

Andrez-ssi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

yeah, sorry about that. It's just that I've read reviews that end up telling the whole story, or at least main plot points more often than I'd like so at this point I just close the tab when my inner alarm goes off. Better safe than sorry, after all. Still, a lot of shit happens right out of the bat, huh.

Anyway, I'm more than halfway through and enjoying it tremendously. I had been putting this off for a while but your review (or at least the first part of it) gave me the final push so thanks for that I guess :)

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Still, a lot of shit happens right out of the bat, huh.

Indeed.

Glad you're enjoying it.

ROAR! TWIGLION!

Andrez-ssi

Andrez-ssi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

already finished it, actually. Read it through the afternoon and it was time well spent. Your review did a good job of explaining the manga's strengths, btw

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Thanks! That's terrific.

ROAR! TWIGLION!