Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Romance in NNM?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
As the title indicates, this thread is about romance in nurarihyon no mago.
we all know that the romance is not the center theme of the said series, but we can't deny the fact that it contains such genre.

So who's your favorite pair in this manga, and why then?
Who are your bets for Nura Rikuo? Kana, Tsurara, Yura et cetera. name your girl!

For the first question, I'm really a big fan on Rihan and yamabuki pairing. They are the awesome lovers for this manga as I see and their story, even a tragic one was really inspiring.

For rikuo, I prefer tsurara as his lover. I know that their relationship is on servant-master thing but if you observe closely, there is something in them that's interesting. They have chemistry and although I'm not sure, I see hints from the mangaka for this two :batoto_025:

Edited by αɖα- ɕɧαɲ, 17 November 2011 - 02:01 PM.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
I'm going to name my favorite pairing, but as far as "interesting pairing" goes... Kurotabo and Tori. I know, it's kind of... impossible from Kurotabo's perspective, but Tori is probably kind of interested in him (after being saved time over time by him).

My favorite couple would be Rikuo and Tsurara. I just like seeing them together. And the author clearly has some preference for Tsurara over any other female lead to be with Rikuo, as she is constantly shown by his side and is clearly shown to have some feelings for him. Though Yura is still a possibility, Rikuo and Tsurara is most probable as a couple. (I almost forgot about Kana as she didn't have any appearance for a while, and even in the current arc I believe she is not that important...)

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
You know at first I'm not that against with Kana and Rikuo's pairing. And since whenever I read any synopsis or character info of the anime, Kana is said to be the main love interest whatsoever.. I set my mind that there won't be any pairings that will bloom. But as I watched/read the anime/manga an impression leaves me that Kana ain't the main heroi at all. I always see tsurara by the side of rikuo, well it's not that surprising since she's the "Bodyguard" of rikuo but it's just weird to see them have lots of screen time together. With that, my admiration with the two grow and I started to like their pairing. i really do hope that they will initially end up together! :)

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
I initially accepted Rikuo's pairing with Kana... But Kana never changed too much as a character... Just too boring... And Tsurara is simply better in my opinion, and much more cute!!! XD.

I hope they get paired too.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
or let's just say her position as heroine suddenly depreciates (drop down)
I believe that the mangaka himself intended for rikuoxKana but as his work progresses and it seems yuki-onna (tsurara) is much famous than kana, he then shift to the latter. But I guess hiroshi shiibashi is also shipping for tsurara and rikuo. haha

Edited by αɖα- ɕɧαɲ, 20 November 2011 - 02:47 AM.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
It will be RikuoxYuki onna
Even in the latest arc. Hyaku monogatari clan. Kana get a tiny bit screen time
While Yuki Onna get to fight together with rikuo

want to know Yuki Onna in japanese folklore?
Yuki onna folklore story by nostudio. Watch in Youtube, here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M8_MRLVPVc

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
yeah and what's funny is that Kana is together with Kiyo for this past chapters. There are lots of scenes that kana may arrive with however the shiibashi doesn't even give a damn on it. So rikuoxTsurara is really probable *prays*

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
Tsurara support Rikuo in battle and she also become one of the upper member (Ch 135)
Tsurara clan has born and a loyal supporter of Rikuo of course (Ch 136)
and there is no way the author will let Rikou without a descendant, will the clan fall into disarray because of no heir "produce". Kana is a human!
1/8 Yokai means only 3 hours in yokai form.
Tsurara is the one who come to see Rikou when he was rotting (ch 174)

You know who I am supporting now. It's obvious

Edited by manga2x, 20 November 2011 - 08:32 AM.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
you sure does :3

so yura is the least possible you say? hmm.. the same thinking as I have

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
It seems that the descendants of Nurarihyon can't have a child with another yokai... So, wouldn't it make a good arc Rikuo and Tsurara trying to find a way to break that curse? Even more reasons for a RikuoxTsurara relationship!

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
The curse was from Hagoromo gitsune (400 years remember? when Nurarhyon slay the 3 tailed (I forgot how many tails) hagoromo gitsune for taking his beloved Youhime. Befor dying she said that she'll make sure the filthy blood of nurarihyon will be eradicated whatsoever)
Although Rikuo already finished off hagoro 9 tails it is still unclear if the curse was lifted since the the true hagoromo gitsune was sent from hell (by his bastard son Nue)

Edited by αɖα- ɕɧαɲ, 21 November 2011 - 12:46 AM.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Yes, I remember that. I also wonder if the curse is still active, even after Hagoromo-Gitsune died.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
she doesn't died. She was just sent to hell actually.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Really? It's been a while since I read that part...

It's actually funny how the anime is reminding me of very important things.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
yeah. It's really far from the latest chapter already.
speaking of hagoro.. Yamabuki (the girl she possesed which is the first wife of Rihan) is really a beautiful girl that lots of people think that she and rikuo are good pair lol

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
And THAT is something I've never thought about before...

But...

Meh... I don't know... It simply wouldn't feel... right...

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
I know right! haha. I also thought of it but I can't clearly imagine it.
I don't know why still a lot of supporters are holding on to the two of them ;p

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
Dating your Father ex-wife....
Just simply because she has been re-born and looks young enough
That just so wrong... I can't imagine it...

Why her when there is Tsurara?

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
I also don't know o.0
That's how other peoples mind and taste are.

They also said it can be par with rikuoxtsurara ship.
btw.. have you already heard of the drama cd of NNM entitled "tsurara and a small love"?
If you haven't, it's really great and a super shiptease to rikuo and tsurara XD

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Didn't know it existed in the first place.

Need to search for it. Like... NOW!!!