Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sense-scans delay policy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

rue

rue

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts

Starting today please enact a one week waiting period on all of our groups' series.

rue

rue

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts

And your mod has just uploaded our chapter despite this post and the massive paragraph on our front page. Please have magi 303 removed until after our 1 week delay period. Blatant disrespect on your uploader's part.

Edited by rue, 18 April 2016 - 09:06 AM.

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

ROTFLMAOMAGNETS

Robot Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 767 posts

Blatant disrespect on your uploader's part.

Eh, judging by the amount of work he burdens himself with every day, I'm sure he simply hasn't noticed the policy change yet and there was no malicious intent in it (that massive paragraph doesn't look partiularly eye-catching imho, nor does it scream "read me before downloading; important stuff!" - plus maybe he went straight to download threads instead of checking the front page? - and you've just made this thread too).

Anyway, apologies on behalf of the staff for this incident.

Global-Mod-in-Disguise

怒りの鉄拳!正義の鉄拳! 悪を打ち砕くために ijqDjd4OWWdmm.gif

<Daktyl button>

Habit: moving off-topic talks to this thread

| Batoto FAQ (WIP) |

| KeyNote || TheSage |

rue

rue

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts

I guess maybe we should have put it in bold or red letters, or on the download page, eh. I expected your mods to check the group status or the forums before ripping and uploading but you've got your procedures. What's done is done, so no hard feelings. Thank you for getting back to me on this.

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

Eh, judging by the amount of work he burdens himself with every day, I'm sure he simply hasn't noticed the policy change yet and there was no malicious intent in it.

I agree... he does what? Something like 10 to 50 chapters a day, depending on who releases... missing a change like that after it just happens is completely understandable.

Starting today please enact a one week waiting period on all of our groups' series.

A question... why are you initiating this? I'm not complaining about it... they're your submissions... I just want to know why they have to wait a week. If you release it, it should be available. If you want them to wait a week, why not just wait the week before you submit it? It would save the mods a lot of time and hassle.

*\(シ)/*

Russet potatoes are the most delicious!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Spoiler

http://forums.sensescans.com/index.php?topic=3359.0

Sense-scans has their own online reader.......one that's frankly as good as batoto's and better than most all of the other reader sites......and they have had so at least as far back as early 2013 (just going by my own memory).

I'm personally amazed they waited this long to (at the least) institute a delay policy for a site which is willing to honor such requests. Site traffic equals income in this case.........if it were me having to pay to keep my own site up and relying on any amount of traffic I could get, I don't know that I'd allow batoto to rehost at all.

Tn7HA0h.png

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

Ah... I see. Thanks for pointing that out, svines85. Now it makes sense why they'd ask for a delay.

But still... my other point still stands. If it's available... it should available.

Maybe they could do a 'members only' release first, then a general release a week later...

*\(シ)/*

rue

rue

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts

Our delay policy will stand. If you have issue you can either read on our site to avoid the delay or if you're against supporting those that bring you the series you enjoy then you can read on another aggregate that does not respect scanlator wishes.

This forum is not for discussion of delay policies, it's for groups to request it of the batoto staff. If you have any questions or comments please direct those to us on our forums at SenseScans.com

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

I'm not complaining about it... they're your submissions... 

I don't have an issue with your policy, as my post above states.

If you have issue you can either read on our site to avoid the delay or if you're against supporting those that bring you the series you enjoy then you can read on another aggregate that does not respect scanlator wishes.
This forum is not for discussion of delay policies...

I'm not against supporting scanlators, or for disrespecting scanlators. That's quite the jump in assumptions you made there.

Also, I think that was a kind of backwards jab at the mod's legitimate and understandable mistake. It was quite unnecessary.

I thought svines85 handled and answered my question quite well.

I'm sorry if this 'discussion' offended you in some way. When it comes to anything else you post, I will rein in my curiosity and refrain from engaging in conversation.

Thank you for your time.

*\(シ)/*