Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RPG] Hordes of the Tower of Ishido

rpg hoti

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Aurora Mysthen

Aurora chided herself shortly after the words had left her mouth. Regardless of the strength of a person's Chi, it did not allow them to perform the impossible. As Taiyo confirmed as such, the monk felt a wave of guilt ripple through her.

"My apologies," she replied with a warm smile, "I was foolish to say such a thing. But some tea does sound delightful, I will be up shortly."

And with that, she slowly closed herself off. Her consciousness wistfully sought its way back to her physical form, the sounds and lights of the bar room fading back into her focus as she did. The room had gotten much more lively while she was away, but thankfully nobody had seemed to notice her. Or, if they had, they had not disturbed her. She opened her eyes slowly, keeping her breathing regulated and consistent. It was always wise to be cautious when returning from a mental voyage; the shock of returning to the physical form could result in a slew of side effects, even in someone as experienced as she was. Once she had righted her bearings and steadied herself, however, she stood up, pushed her chair back in, and made her way upstairs.

Taiyo's rooms was not hard to find. Aside from having been told which one it was, there was no mistaking the smell of fresh tea being brewed. She knocked softly and quietly opened the door. The priestess was seated with her face toward the door, and upon seeing her Aurora bowed her head forward. "Miss Taiyo. It is pleasant to meet you in the flesh, so to speak."

She stepped inside, closed the door behind her, and stood before her host once more. "I wish to apologize again for my prior intrusion. But I thank you for having me as your guest." As good as the tea sounded, she remained just inside the door; common propriety dictated that she wait until Taiyo offered her a seat, and heaven only knew she should show some manners here.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Shin

A good assassin moves unseen. A great assassin moves unnoticed.

It seemed as though no one questioned his backstory. Confidence was, of course, the key. Shin smiled, and carried on with his routine. One of the inn's patrons were the first to respond to his grand entrance. He certainly looked the part of the hero, at least. Blonde and broad shouldered, the foreign knight. Even though Ishido was far away from his home, Shin could hazard a guess at who he was. Devon Blanc, the so-called "Smiling Tiger" of Urvandel. 

"A bard? And from the Imperial Court no less. Well, well this is a party after all," he said.

Shin flashes him his brightest smile. "The pleasure is mine. Your reputation proceeds you, Mr. Blanc." From the corner of his eye, he saw the Inn owner, Lucian Graves turn his attention towards him. It was his cue. He unwrapped the cloth covering his shamisen at his back, and kneeled onto the ground, resting it over his lap.

"Everyone, it would be my pleasure to celebrate our meeting with a song."

Shin found that the best way to make everyone believe he was a musician, was to be good at playing music. And he was more than good. As he began to rapidly pluck at the strings, he summoned his companions, both in the art of assassination and the art of music. Materializing from the air, the kamaitachi began to dance alongside his tune, their form translucent like dust in the wind. To start things off, a fast song, one for excitement and adventure. He would save the dirge for later...

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Taiyo Tiazu Obu - Praise the Sun Tea for Two

Patiently, as wisps of steam curled upwards towards the ceiling, Tiazu waited for her guest to arrive. With eyes closed in a seemingly tranquil state, she listened for the sounds of footsteps approaching. It never took long, and within a few minutes her ivory hood was cast upward again just in time for the door to open and quietly close; announcing the presence of her guest. Not long after, the Monk verbally announced her presence and bowed her head.

A long silence lingered as an invigorating warmth inexorably filled the room with the scent of the tea.

From beneath the edge of the hood, the faux Ishidoan priestess carefully studied the monk in this silence. Assuming that she was precisely the woman that had intruded upon her meditiation and this was no trick, there were slight hints of distrust. Wariness from a long life lived, and a heartime torn asunder many times. However, she finally broke the silence with a respectful gesture and a handful of words.

"Welcome, Miss Aurora." She began, with a voice that felt as smooth as a pond on a pristine day. She bowed deeply and respectfully then, with tresses of silver hair draping over the table's edge as she did such. Raising up then, one hand raised in a sweeping gesture while the other remained settled upon her lap. "Please, have a seat. If you would be so kind, that is."

Once the woman settled on the opposite side of her table, Tiazu went about the work to properly prepare the tea in accordance with Ishidoan tradition. First by plucking up the kettle and gently resting one hand on its bottom, protected from the scalding heat by the emerald pad she had placed there earlier. Leaning slightly forward, each movement seemed filled with intentional grace as the green tea slowly filled Aurora's cup first and then Tiazu's second. After that, another hand swept across and wrapped her slender fingertips around a jar of honey. A small spoonful was then meticulously delivered to each side and stirred. Adding a touch of subtle sweetness to a usually bitter tea.

The end result was a tea that tasted just as wonderful as it smelled, without the trivialities of things like sugar.

"Welcome, honored Aurora." Tiazu bowed low and humbly a second time, indicating that the pouring ceremony was complete. "Please repeat my motions as it is our tradition." So without the use of her lower half, the incognito Goddess leaned forward and first wrapped her fingertips around the brushed glass cup. Lifting it slowly then, the bottom was caressed by her opposing hand. Lifting the cup following the center of her figure until the brim touched her lips, Tiazu took only a light sip of the steaming liquid before settling it back to where it was held in front of her center.

Once Aurora completed the motions, Tiazu would look across the tablegend then to her visitor. "I must ask two things of you, if you would be so kind to oblige. First is my inquiry to find out what.your surname is. It is Ishidoan nature to address others by such first until we approach a distinct level of familiarity where such things are no longer required. Second however, requires discretion."

Music began on the floor below, and she could hear it. The plucking of fingertips upon a string that brought further harmony to her current state.

Another sip of tea alighted her lips then, and she looked eye to eye with Aurora with absolute certainty. "I would request you do not mention that which you saw earlier to anyone. From time to time, people grow wary of Magi who possess any sort of power. Would that be too much to ask?"

Edited by The Hawk's Eye, 03 May 2016 - 09:07 PM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
 The Hero's Journey: The Cutthroat & The Vixen
Chapter Four
Spoiler

Additional Information
Spoiler

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Aurora Mysthen

Aurora's host beckoned her to be seated and set about preparing the tea. Taiyo poured and served with a well-practiced hand, and when she was finished she directed Aurora in what the monk could only assume was the proper ceremony for the priestess's patron deity. Not wishing to be disrespectful, she mirrored the movements precisely. The tea possessed a nicely balanced flavor to it, neither bitter nor disgustingly sweet, and it took quite some poise to not take another drink until after the two of them had brought their cups back to the resting point.

"This is very well-brewed. One of the best cups I've had the privilege to drink, I would say," she remarked as she took her next sip. When Taiyu mentioned her requests, the beverage gave her an ample excuse to consider them. She chided herself again for forgetting the surname custom; how long had she lived in these lands and still spoke to people by their birthname on first meeting?

"Ah, yes. I seems I've many reasons to offer apologies this night, Miss Obu," she began, "The name I go by is Aurora Mysthen. It is not my true name, but rather one I took as a result of a... significant event in my past. It serves as both a way to conceal my true name... and as a reminder. But I will respond to either name."

The second request, hushed and secretively asked, called for a longer sip. This priestess was remarkably different from most every other mage she had met. Many of them chose to flaunt their power, especially those with as much as Taiyo possessed, yet she wished it concealed. Still, it was far from an unreasonable request, especially from where Aurora herself sat. "I see no reason it would be. I know all too well what it is like to wish an aspect of one's self hidden from prying eyes. You have my word, and my silence."

"Now, if I may ask," she continued, "You mentioned that you were a priestess. May I inquire if there is a particular deity that you are beholden to? I don't recognize the robe or the rites, but then I'm only scarcely versed in the subject, I'm afraid."

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Devon winced as Graves wrapped his burly arms around him. The man was sturdier than he looked, and he already looked sturdy. Graves’ answer was to be expected among mercenaries, so Devon did not begrudge him his secrets. A faint wistfulness almost made him look back at Sessilé, but he tempered it with the thought of Lord Graves choking the life out of him before he even started his adventure.

As the seasoned veteran spoke of the fearsome creatures outside the cursed tower, Devon thought of how they could defeat the evil brood of beasts that threatened the peace of the land. They were not without intelligence. What more of the creatures that lay in wait for them within the tower?

The thought gave him pause. This was certainly a battle he did not want to fight on his own.

The conversation with Graves duly interrupted by the bard’s arrival, Devon looked around the room once more, taking note of a powerful-looking archer squabbling with a wizened priest. The two of them, alongside him, and the great tiger-beast he saw earlier could make a decent scouting party.

Graves goaded the bard on with some applause. It was not an unwelcome interruption; this could just be the last merry evening they will all have in a long while once they begin their journey. He joined the applause. After all, if the entertainment truly was from the Imperial Court, people usually paid good money to listen to them perform. Tonight was a free show, and weren’t the best things in life for free?

"The pleasure is mine. Your reputation proceeds you, Mr. Blanc."

The grin on Devon’s face only grew wider; any more and his face might just split. He had a reputation of his own now? Not his father’s prestige or his sister’s fame, no, the honor was his. This was most auspicious, and the adventure tomorrow would only bring fortune with a welcome such as this.

He raised his glass in acknowledgment, waiting to see how the bard would respond to the applause.

"Everyone, it would be my pleasure to celebrate our meeting with a song."

Stirring music began to play and Devon could feel the spirits in the room begin to rise—then again, it could just be the euphoric buzz of liquor mingling with the blood in his veins. Then the bard’s apparitions, as if lured in by the song, made their appearance. They moved about in a primal dance, beautiful and fearsome at the same time. As he polished off yet another mug of fine beer, Devon wondered whether the apparitions could kill just as gracefully as they danced. Something in their eyes—or was it the emptiness in their eyes—told him that it must be so. He turned to Graves.

“The creatures in the tower… are they anything like that? Somehow the bard’s managed to control them and he hasn’t even raised his voice! Think he could charm the monsters long enough for us to chop them down? Interesting crowd you’ve gathered here, Lord Graves.”

A sudden thought occurred to him.

“By the way, you never told me… Did you go into that tower alone? To be frank, that flies in the face of all military tactics, except the most drastic of measures. And even then, it’s usually a suicide mission. Something pretty damn important must have made you go in there.” He smiled. “That’s all right, you don’t have to tell me what it is. Everyone has something they’re willing to die for. As an officer it’s part of my job, finding out what my soldiers care most about, then using it to convince people to go to their deaths, if that is what the greater good requires. The best of officers can convince their men to lay their lives down for them, no questions asked. In essence, you would probably make a great general if you wanted to become one, sir. But we are mercenaries now. I suppose it is most accurate to say that we die for ourselves.

Devon laughed.

“Not that I plan on dying at all. My sister would kill me if that happened.”

Edited by Crouching Bacon, 05 May 2016 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

The reflection of her hefty war-ax revealed a Markhala that she never knew. Her canines jutted out of her face like knives and beautiful scars adorned her once clear face. 'Makeup of warriors' as her father had told. Her shaggy mug green locks were replaced by darkened reddish dreads, maybe it was the blood of the fallen or that of her friends, the author doesn't know any better. The wonderful necklace of skulls that adorned her ample bosom dangled around as she sucked in air and gave a war cry fitting of a queen. 

A warrior queen!, the aftermath of a bloody massacre that surrounded her filled her with giddy pleasure. Finally, finally she had washed away the humiliation of her father. She had proved that his belief was wrong and that regardless of what gender his offspring was, it was still destined to be a chief if they worked hard. She had amassed an army unlike others in the lands and had finally began the unification of Kroshtar that been her long cherished dream of her kind. Even if it meant building it all again with the bones of the fallen. 

She could feel the chill in the air take a kindling to her skin as her stood on its end and a happy shiver down her spine. The atmosphere was wrought with anticipation, another grand battle beckoned. To die fighting, it was an honor that only the greatest of Orcs got. She was confident that with this her father's disgrace could be wiped.

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 05 May 2016 - 06:21 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Tiazu Obu - Tea for Two

There was a hint of befuddlement in the eyes of the Monk when the Goddess requested discretion. It was small, and subtle as she drew upon a sip of honeyed tea; and Tiazu did not miss it. Such confusion made sense after all; if she was such an adept Magus, why hide such abilities from their future allies? Especially when so many lives were on the line, not just themselves, but the whole of Ishido atop that.

Thankfully however, the Monk acquiesced to her request for discretion, and thankfully all things also came with a surname and with that, the blessing of a question. A chance to divert the topic from her questionable explanation over the potency of her magic.

Yet the question itself caused a moment of trepidation for Tiazu. Though with a practiced hand, she easily hid such behind a long sip of tea.

Is this a trap?

Though this one appeared externally young, the Goddess saw her true age upon the first of their meeting in the mind's eye. Was the ancient one trying to test her knowledge, or try and see through any sort of deceit that she was using as a cover? For she mentioned not knowing whose robes she wore, surely one so aged as the Monk would know. Eyes filled with distrust hidden beneath the edge of ivory studied her opposite carefully, meticulously, trying to find evidence of leering suspicion. Yet this woman was hard to decode, perhaps because of her likely centuries of practice herself.

"I must first thank you for not inhibiting my privacy, Mysthen Aurora." The Priestess began, bowing her head slowly while simultaneously settling the cup of tea back upon the table.

Now empty, it was proper enough for her to lower her hood. Taking the edges into her grasp, the white silk was carefully lowered and the hair of extroaordinary platinum rolled in waves past her shoulders. "For reliance upon those who wield magic very well could undo all that we will be fighting for soon. We truly do not know that which we are going against."

"As for the matron diety I worship, I am a devout to Chang'e. She is the Ishidoan Goddess of the moon." Tiazu smiled then, and though such a thing was a display of happiness, this was anything but. It was filled with an all consuming sorrow, bittersweet and full of subtle misery.

"I am aware of the irony of who I worship, and how my abilities presented elsewhere."

At least she had told the truth, at least what she could remember of Ishidoan mythology and culture. For now, the accuracy of her comments would suffice. At least she hoped.

Wisps of steam continued to curl upward between the two, as Tiazu's eyes of brilliant blue stared through the translucent warmth to Aurora. "Since you know a little more about me, Mysthen Aurora, I suppose it is only fair that I ask of you some things. Where are you from? And how did you happen to decide to take the path towards enlightenment?"

Edited by The Hawk's Eye, 05 May 2016 - 06:27 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Tama

As the pompous nobleman, one whose arrogance and greed was known all over Ishido, drew his last breath thus signaled the end of her mission. This mission was one many of her ilk dreamed of accomplishing, it was a momentous achievement for anyone but this mission was also a test. A test to determine whether Tama was truly worthy to be the Kirigakure Clan's heir and next leader. Sure, she was the child who had the same blood running in her veins as the clan's current leader, her father, and the previous leader, her grandfather and Mother's father, and yes these blood ties usually guaranteed ones place but not in her case.

Her situation was a bit complicated. In most societies, and among most races, leadership of nations, clans/tribes are predominately male where, while not uncommon, it was rare for a female to lead a nation or be an heir to their clan but that's not the case here. What made it complicated was the fact that she wasn't an only child, which is usually the case when a female is named heir/leader, and not only that but the other was a male, an older one at that (6 years older). When she was named as the next heir of the clan, it caused a huge outrage within the clan. It's not that they doubted Tama's skills and talents, which greatly surpassed her older brothers, but questioned her ability to lead and the fact she was chosen over her elder sibling where tradition always favored the first born.

Suffice to say, she needed to prove herself. Tama probably could've managed to clear some doubt with a lesser job but if she was truly going to win her clan's trust and make them accept her ability to lead, she needed to complete a big job, one that was considered nearly impossible to accomplish. And that was where Orvas the grand collector came in. He was a greedy noble from a highly distinguished family whom had amassed great wealth and had an obsession for rare and unique treasures and eventually earned his title for his massive collection. It was considered a 'dream' target for thieves every where, though after many failed attempts, it was left as just that, a dream one can't hope of making a reality. And for that reason she was considered crazy and foolish for attempting such a mission.

However, as Tama stood over Orvas's corpse, a dream was made real and cemented her place as next head and erased all doubt the clan had of her regarding her leadership. Tama had a lot to celebrate that night, as she just turned 17.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Julius Schwartz

Julius could not comprehend the scene that was unfolding before him. In one moment, he was about to enter his room to rest his fatigued body, yet in a blink of an eye, he ended up in this.. fantastical place. In front of him is the shape of none other but Devon Blanc, his brother. The form of his wordly yearning incarnate, sans the upper portion of his attire. How do you expect him to think straight, given the unscrupulous situation he was in?

Try and try as he might, Julius could not seem to be able to comprehend a single thing that's happening to him. No, he was forced to focus on the sensation of his brother's lithe fingers tracing his neck and towards the collar of his shirt, caressing the buttons on it before slowly and teasingly undoing them one by one. He tried to raise his voice at one point, but nothing but laboured sigh escaped his lips.

"St..op.." he finally managed in between his heavy breathing. Yet the Devon in front of him did not seem to be eager to listen to his plea. He then tried to raise his arms and stop his brother's studious fingers from doing their work, yet all he did was delay the unstoppable. Slowed down as they were, Devon was still making a steady pace at breaking his final defense that is his shirt. He was now a couple buttons away from revealing Julius' true identity as a female.

And it was then that he realized that something is definitely wrong with the situation in hand.

"I said.. STOP!" Julius shouted with renewed vigor as he tore Devon's hands from his shirt, causing him to stumble slightly backwards. Before his brother could regain his balance and recommence his approach, Julius threw a backhand slap at his brother's cheek before continuing.

"Get off me you homophilic swine! We're both male for Heaven's sake! Is this how the young master of Blanc family conducts himself?!"

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Aurora Mysthen- Tea For Two

So, the mysterious Priestess followed the Lunar Goddess. Aurora was curious, not for her response, but for the smile she showed while making it. Rather than a happy smile, it was a rueful one filled with pain. Her question had touched a nerve, that much was obvious, and she felt deeply ashamed. Here was this woman who had simply been seeking a room for the night to rest, and Aurora had started poking about her most personal secrets on a whim. Her attention was arrested, however, when Taiyo commented on the juxtaposition between her deity and her abilities.

"I find it only scarcely so," Aurora responded as she continued to sip her tea, "Moon and Sun are two sides of the same coin in perfect balance. Without one, we could not have the other. It seems perfectly sensible to me that you direct your devotion to the moon while drawing your power from her eternal partner."

As Taiyo made a request of her, Aurora finished her own tea and set the cup down in turn. "I chose to follow the Way," she began, "because Hoshan-Lai has been my home for as long as I can remember. I never knew my homeland and I scarcely knew my parents. The most I can recall is a trek through the mountains searching for a new home, and a rock slide that took them both from me. The monastery took me in when I was naught but a frightened little girl lost among the cliffs, and while I resided there it seemed only right that I study their ways and learn of their ideals. In time, those ideals became my own. And shortly after I took this name, I set out to experience more of the world and do what I can to ease the suffering of others, which is what brings me to this desecrated place."

She placed her teacup aside by the pot, bowed her head in thanks, and rested her hands atop her lap when she was finished. "Is there anything else you wish to know of me?"

Edited by Hero of Ishval, 10 May 2016 - 06:20 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Kahn_zpszpkhrl2f.jpg

Kahn

Leafy Green Inn

Graves story was cut short due to a bard that claimed he was from the royal court came in and interfere. The crowds were lead to a standing ovation by the owner of the Leafy Green Inn hoping the young bard would deliver a tune to rouse. In the midst of the commotion the door was opened and a horned lass with a long tail came in while clapping her hands along and sit in his table. she admit that she had no idea what's going on.

While the bard playing his tune with kamaitachi dancing around him, the Dryad came and put a mug on the table "Will there be anything else, beloved?" as she asked the lass.
"Ah, merci beaucoup - thank you! But that will have to suffice for now I'm afraid. It's already quite late, and I do need my beauty sleep," she replied. Kahn quietly sipped his ale while listening to their conversation when suddenly a voice come from behind.

Come now, my dear. Rest is for the wicked. Now saints like us? We can go all night long!" the voice belong to a man old enough to have a beard reaches his waist and wearing a monk's attire

"Oh non," she replied. While hiding his laughter to her reaction, the owner's wife excuse herself. Judging by her reaction it seems the man was an acquaintance, an annoying one at that.

"Oh yes," the old man said as he take a seat across the Lass.

"It seems our paths cross again..."

"Stop following me."

"Ohohoho! She's so funny," he said to Kahn who didn't anticipate that and almost spurt his ale.

"I don't even know you."

"And now you never will! You see, in the morning I go to die for my country. But do not mourn for me, My sacrifice will become the foundation for future generations."

"Ahahah... Are you insane?!"

and the banter continues on and on, some foreign insults were mixed in but Kahn's mind still lingering on the old man's words. 

"What do you mean by going to die tomorrow?" he ask the man after the banter stopped.

The night still young yet he still lacked information regarding anything. Might as well spend it all, hearing the tales of a suicidal man.

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
 The Hero's Journey: The Cutthroat & The Vixen

Chapter Five
Group A: Dreams & Fantasies
Spoiler

Group B: Fine Friends & Better Drinks
Spoiler

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Markhala

It was a moving scene, enough fill her breast with unimaginable happiness, as far as her eyes could see her horde moved, it felt as if the earth was rumbling and the skies were taunting their advance as they turned red with anger. In the far distance she could see the mighty armies of the ones that opposed her. Man and beast united as one, their armors gleaming in the light of the heavens that was shining on them.

It may have caused a slight shiver in her spine, but it was not of dread but anticipation. Her eagerness to prove that Morkha'ash Brokenfang had one able offspring. Her roar ignited her ilk to charge into battle, the horde advanced at a frightening pace, she could see the ranks of men huddle closer as they prepared to stop the advance of her kin in their tracks, but Markhala won't be stopped; not today.

Riding atop a giant warg that the orcs kept as pets, she drew her mighty battle ax as she entered the fray, jumping over the pikes and spears of the defense line and into the middle of the regiment, her mind intent on slaughter.

Not long after she spotted a worth adversary, a knight dressed in striking white, his long slender sword expertly dodging any powerful shattering swings from frenzied orcs as his blade drew beautiful patterns before relieving some of their mortal coil. Of the ten of her brothers that attacked him, not one survived. His head was to be her prize, she had decided this the moment their eyes met. Dismounting from her ride, she charged at the white knight. Both of them at the peak of their styles, while the Knight symbolized order, it won't be hard to say that Markhala was Chaos embodied. Her swings were heavy but her footwork was swift, she drew unpredictable trajectories as he wielded an ax and her favorite whip. To his credit the Knight took up her challenge for a bloody dance and they engaged in a performance, most bystanders and meddlers paid with their life. The fighting happening around them almost trickled to a stop as both the groups were dumb with awe.

Both sides equally matched made it a contest of stamina and from some divine will, it was Markhala that was gifted in this. A misstep from the white knight caused him to stumble as Markhala took initiative. Knocking the sword out of his hands she pinned him down, her blow would finish his valiant struggle. But destiny was bizzarre as the helmet became unhinged and slowly rolled off.

The face that stared back at Markhala suddenly drained her of all the bloodlust that ran rampant in her psyche. It was a familiar face, a face that had offered to help when it was unexpected, not because it was something that could be fortuitous for him but out of common courtesy. That day ran in front of her eyes before her toil reminded her of her positioned. Markhala let out a demonic roar, her canines inches away from the beautiful face of Julius Schwartz as she brought down her ax with her eyes closed only to land it next to his face in the earth.

She got up from pinning him letting out another vicious roar before whistling for her warg and climbing atop it.

"Consider the debt paid, Human. Next time we meet, I will show no mercy. Markhala won't be denied." with one final warning she plunged into the battle again slowly lost into the melee, leaving Julius behind. His face may have swayed her from her destiny for awhile, but what she was doing now was her duty. Her duty towards the thousands of her brethren that had sacrificed themselves for her dream. It was her duty towards her blood and as her father said Blood before Honor.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Tama

Normally, it would be perfectly acceptable for one, one who underwent such a difficult task such as this, to lower ones guard after all that she has been through up to this point and have fun for once. But for Tama, this would be a mistake that she'd never forgive herself for. For it was because she gave into the moment and decided to enjoy herself, everything came crashing down before her. When it happened, she never noticed a thing. She was simply sitting there in-front of a large fire they made as she was drinking with her 2 closest advisers, Yuki and Ren, ones she has been friends with since she was a child, as they all started sharing old stories of when they were younger.

While she considered them her childhood friends, Yuki and Ren were in-fact a number of years older than her and technically her servants. They were from a branch family and was brought into the main household, when Tama was little and her abilities began to manifest, to serve as her bodyguards and watch over her. Yuki was a beautiful, strict yet kind women with black hair who was also quite tall for her gender. Due to Tama's mother being stricken by illness, Yuki not only served as an older sister figure to the younger tama but also as an surrogate mother. Suffice to say, they were quite close, seen by the rest of the clan as inseparable for they were very rarely seen out of each others site.

The same can also be said of Ren, as if it wasn't Yuki by her side, it was sen. He was a kind man with dirty blonde hair, who also had quite the sense of humor. Based on the way he acted, one had hard time figuring who was really older between him and Tama. While Yuki was strict and taught her what to do, he was anything but and taught her what not to do. As they'd play around and as he would bring her along pulling pranks and getting into all sorts of trouble. Despite his childish behavior, he was quite protective of Tama, acting more of a brother then her real one. To her, they were like her true family, unlike the man that now stands before them.

That man, who stood with an almost mocking grin, was none other than her older brother Shirou. Behind him were his numerous number of supporters and behind them were the corpses of hers. Needless to say, her brother and his men used their exhaustion and their celebration to his advantage to finally make his move. While him or Tama never exactly got along, nor thought highly of him as a person, she never thought he would be capable of massacring his own clansmen for such a petty thing as succession. It wasn't originally this way but when she was around 8, things started to change. While simple jealousy over her talent and ability played the biggest part, it wasn't the only thing.

During that time, a rumor stated spreading like wildfire that Shirou was actually an illegitimate child, born of a union between their father and a servant and that he wasn't a legitimate successor to the clan. There was also some saying he wasn't actually related at all and was actually the child of a servant or was orphaned. Of course, they were simply rumors that eventually died out but wasn't exactly without reason. It wasn't just the fact that Shirou didn't quite have the talent Tama did but also the way he looks, showing no resemblance to their mother and very little to their father, as well as the way he acts. Nonetheless, he was the first born, a male one at that, and thus was still expected to lead the clan. Still, while the rumors affected him a little, none of these were the main reason he hated her.

The real reason? It was simple, it was Yuki. Before Ren and Yuki were appointed to serve and protect Tama, the three of them were actually quite close. Ren was Shirou's best friend while Yuki was the one he was in-love with. She was a year younger while Ren was a year older but nonetheless they played together quite often. No one is really sure what exactly happened between the three, but it's rumored there was a particularly nasty incident between them, with some saying it was a fight over Yuki and some saying something else. Though, with as forceful and overbearing as Shirou was acting in regards to his behavior towards Yuki, it was speculated that he confessed to Yuki but was rejected and he in-turn tried to take her by force. It was right around the time Tama's abilities manifested and their mothers health took a turn for the worse, as a result Ren and Yuki were assigned to watch over Tama.

It was even speculated that these turns of events eventually inspired the the riff, as they were ordered to watch over her and thus always being with Tama. While his hatred and jealousy small and insignificant at first, it eventually started growing over time, even more so when it became more obvious that he couldn't even compete with his little sister's natural born skill and his feeling of inferiority towards her. It then grew to the point where that episode happened and eventually came to blame Tama for everything that went wrong. Eventually it transformed into full blown hatred and to the point where it started with a desire to unseat her from father's eyes to eventually thinking about seriously getting rid of her.

And that's what lead to this situation. A situation where Tama finds her people being killed and slowly but surely finding her, Ren and Yuki being surrounded as Shirou began taunting her. Initially frozen with shock over her brothers betrayal, she was eventually overcome with rage. Letting emotions get the better of her, she forsake reason and charged. at her brother with the intention of killing him. However, she was stopped just in time by Ren, as he begged for her to run. While outraged, a brief thought of whether he to was betraying her popped up but clearly regretted that thought, when he managed to calm her down enough for her to be reasoned with.

It wasn't that he was protecting Shirou, especially not because of their past as friends, and was siding with him or wasn't able to defeat....It was clear that she could easily kill him, but at what cost? Her life? Was that piece of shit worth forfeiting her life in order to kill? What about her people? Would their sacrifice be in vein? You can't avenge people when dead, after all. But despite his pleading for her to leave him behind and run, Tama's pride and anger wouldn't allow that. Left with no choice, he yelled at Yuki to take her and run. Despite a moment of silence to process what he was asking, she simply nodded before rushing towards Tama, knocking her out with a solid blow to the stomach and slinging her over her shoulders. Delivering one last look of longing at Ren, she turned around and escaped at full speed.

Taken off guard by their actions, Shirou snapped out of it and ordered his men to go after them, not wanting Tama to escape here alive. However, Ren wouldn't let that happen as he managed to buy them some time with a brief illusion spell as he managed to take out a number of them. While Ren was certainly one of the strongest in their clan, unmatched in hand-to-hand combat, he was only one man against many. It wasn't long before he was overwhelmed, but that was enough. Thanks to his efforts, Tama and Yuki managed to escape. It was the last the both of them ever saw Ren again. After calming down, Tama vowed to get her revenge.

"Every last one of them will die."

Edited by I-Am-X, 25 May 2016 - 07:15 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts
Devon winced as Graves prodded at him. Everything about this man was forceful; he must try to be just as strong and sure, if not stronger and surer.

"With all due respect, Lord Graves... she is more a charming petal than ball and chain. You take your lady with you?" His eyes flitted to the hostess, perhaps lingering a little longer than usual and went back to Graves. "She strikes me as someone who knows how to care for wounds. You look like you've survived quite a few."

A collective gasp made Devon look around; his eyes were greeted by a most strange sight - an old man perched atop a fragile wine glass. Devon blinked hard, not completely trusting his eyes. He had been drinking quite a few glasses after all.

The old man seemed to be having an argument with someone else. A female of another species; after all, lust transcends all boundaries.

"I wager that someone's tried to kill that man in his sleep at least once. Probably a woman."

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Tiazu Obu - Praise the Sun

The monk's mention of the partnership between the Sun and Moon made the younger Goddess wince ever slightly. She felt the wave of mercy mother's sorrow begin to raise in a virulent wave in the back of her mind, and she fought to resist it. Even still, she could do little to mutter bitterly beneath her breadth in response.

"If only that were true." She softly stated, at tuning carefully onto the monk's explanation on how she came upon her path. It seemed that cruel happenstance had tore her from her family into the arms of a monastery. It was a curious yet tragic tale which did not garner further suspicion on the diety's behalf.

She knew that this woman was much older than she seemed, yet she also knew it was unwise to press the subject. Even still, this elder-in-disguise was polite enough to inquire if the Priestess wished to know anything further. As courteous as such a notion was, further inquiry mentioned further questions as to who she was as well. A grave risk to which she needn't dare tread.

After all, no one could be trusted. Not one living soul.

With one last graceful sweep of her fingertips, the Goddess grasped the teacup and finished the warm beverage. Then carefully settling it back onto the table, the Priestess glanced across the awkwardly silent distance to return such a thought in kind. "As much as I would enjoy, even prefer getting to know you better, I am afraid the hour is drawing late. Not only this, but I'm sure the road's weariness upon us all has taken a toll. Those uproarious beneath us surely might not think they need a decent night's rest, however you and I both know such is not the case."

Glancing about at her, well, more elegant accomodations; and considering the fact that this lady might not have the most exuberant of funds, she made a choice. A simple one, and if she acted like others would consider normal, she herself would lessen her suspicion. At least from this other woman.

"If you would like, you could rest here. I wold be more than happy to share my accomodation. As much as I know those below us are our comrades, I will only trust them as far as I can throw them. Which, with my utter lack of physical capabilities, isn't very far."

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Julius Schwartz

Proliferation. To pass your legacy into the future generation. It is, ultimately, humanity's reason of being. In fact, it was God's first blessing to human being. “Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and all the living things that move on the earth," was his first words to our first progenitors.

Perhaps it is why the desire to fornicate, and in doing so, producing an offspring, is one of the strongest drive humanity has. The drive affects human so greatly, that it spawns the famous saying, that God created men with two heads, but only enough blood to run one at a time. Meaning, men tends to forsake all rationality in pursuit of their sexual desire.

Why did I, the narrator, rant on these rather obscene, no matter how hard I try to make it sound rational or poetic, even; you ask? Why indeed. Perhaps; perhaps it is because this is the only way I could explain the things that's happening to Julius' inner psyche. How his lust had inhibited her supposedly superior intelligence; how confused and muddled her mind is, given the overwhelming stimuli he was faced with; how he missed the one obvious thing in this scenario: that the creatures in front of him are not Devon.

He writhed and writhed as best as he could. Yet, it was futile. The two Devons that pinned her arms did not budge. He tried to kick the Devon above him, yet the lack of leverage and distance made her kick amount to nothing but meaningless squirms. Of course, if this were a real combat situation, she might not do so poorly. But keep in mind that he was under the effect of lust intoxication; in which case she could not, or rather, would not, even exert 50% of her usual power.

So, what did she do? She resigned to her fate.

"Fine. Do whatever you wish with my body. Just know that I will hate you afterwards, and will do everything in my power to obliterate you."

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Seeing an old man thrown halfway across the room was truly a horrendous sight for the faint heart. And after that the old man acrobatically stops in mid air and landed on top of a wine glass without shattering it. Even though a bit surprised, Kahn took interest as to how the old man manages to do that.

The lass told him not to listen to what the old man said, but what was the old man saying again?

"Nonsense! I still have plenty to teach the young. And the desirable," said the old man who was already at their table again. Kahn's eye grew wide for a second as he glances at the place where the old man landed and at his table. Such distance at a mere seconds, is clearly no such feat for ordinary old folk.

"You're weak, old and a fool," the lass stated bluntly.

'Clearly she's joking' is what Kahn thought while silently stares at the two in front of him. It's only been a short time since he met these two, yet he feels a bit familiar with them, maybe they reminded him of his younger siblings' quarrel over diner back home.

"Yes, many have underestimated me over the years. But then they either end up dead, or in my bed," said the old man twinkling his eye

Then again, maybe not.

Well, either way if they end up on the same journey as he, the least it would be is boring. With a smirk on his face, Kahn continues to watch the two banter.

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Aurora Mysthen- Serpent's Grace

That Taiyo winced and seemed all the more sorrowful at her attempt to comfort didn't escape Aurora. The reason for it simply eluded her, although the Priestess's almost wistful statement implied the cause lay in the Monk's incomplete religious knowledge. Not that such was uncommon among her people; Hoshan Monks often did not study the Ishidan Pantheon, choosing instead to focus on understanding the spiritual balance and cycles they saw in the world. The divine were certainly acknowledged, but rarely worshiped. Still, she could not help but regret her words after seeing the effect they had on her host.

For quite some time the only sounds that passed between them were those that accompanied tea drinking. A sip here, a soft clink of cup on saucer there, and every so often a sigh of contentment. Aurora made a mental note to ask Taiyo if she might show her the brewing process she used in greater detail in a more suitable time. When they had finished, Taiyo raised the matter of rest and its necessity, alongside some observations of their comrades to be that Aurora couldn't help but gently chuckle in agreement toward. "Nor would I," she replied, "Though I imagine I could hurl some of them a great distance."

What followed, however, was something she hadn't expected; an offer of shared lodging for the night. Her surprise showed in her eyes as they widened slightly and blinked twice in rapid succession. In spite of all of her intrusions, the Priestess still extended such a courtesy? Part of her wanted to decline. After all, hadn't she stuck her nose into this kind woman's life enough? But, yet again, her early lessons bubbled to the surface to guide her. "Never deny an offering of kindness toward yourself; if such things come, then you have done something worth receiving them."

"That is exceptionally generous of you, Miss Obu, and it would be an honor to accept. However, I will insist that the bed is yours. Rest assured, I will be perfectly fine with a bit of floor space and a solid wall."

Not long after, Aurora was sitting cross-legged for her evening meditations and spiritual cleansing at the end of the day. There would be no opening of her Inner Eye or exploring this time. Instead, she focused on isolating her many thoughts and emotions from the encounter with her newly met roommate, and washing away those she found undesirable through techniques and mantras long since ingrained into her. Her back and head leaned to rest on the wall behind her as her introspection flowed smoothly into sleep, and Aurora soon found herself dreaming of a time long past. A time when she lay face down on the ground, utterly broken, atop a mountain peak beneath the flowing colors of her namesake. The voice rang out again, as it always did when she relived that night. It was HIS voice, the man who had once been her brother in the Way.

"You thought me weak, did you? Unable to hold a candle to you and yours? Such thoughts only reveal your own weakness, your own disregard for our teachings. But I will instruct you again. You will learn the value of life once more. The Serpent has spoken to me, as it shall to you in time. Listen well to its teachings, for they are what will guide you back to spiritual peace. Farewell, Kazahana- I will pray for you."

(Slice's Note: Yes, Kazahana is her birthname.)

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler