Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

is it just me or is there an overflowing amount of guys who are otakus

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

^ the title.

because this series is a manga (obviously) and tbh this will never happen irl.

either that or none of us otakus ever try to find someone and we're too busy reading manga like this

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

innova

innova

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

none of us otakus ever try to find someone and we're too busy reading manga like this

Even when I find a perfect otaku boyfie material, it will end up with "Guys, do you have a good reference of anime in this season?"-zone or "Oh, I have a bunch of this (whatever anime or manga, you name it)"

So in the end, as a girl, I find 2D character (with a glasses, like Sekine or Hirotaka, and other glasses character) is still perfect material for me, 3D men are more confusing, (sorry, Bruh)

Pokefairy

Pokefairy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Female otakus, man. We have standards - the guy has to be smart, hot, tsundere, atheletic, bishounen with a hint of shounenai tendencies, sweet, kind, shy and 2D

Kappa Nanpa

Kappa Nanpa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNDG

Yea but a 2D will never have a drink  with you, wipe your tears or make you laugh when needed. "Charming" only belongs to fairy tales. Maybe before asking for him/her you have to wonder if you can match his/her perfection. If you look for perfection why he/she should choose you instead of someone better?

---------

Kisses

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

Female otakus, man. We have standards - the guy has to be smart, hot, tsundere, atheletic, bishounen with a hint of shounenai tendencies, sweet, kind, shy and 2D

smart - check

hot - at least the 2 other girls that like me think so

tsundere - nope I'm a male yangire tho

athletic - i bike >30 mi a day but can't run a mile without dying

sweet - see hot

shy - when i'm sleepy, which is always because i'm an otaku

Even when I find a perfect otaku boyfie material, it will end up with "Guys, do you have a good reference of anime in this season?"-zone or "Oh, I have a bunch of this (whatever anime or manga, you name it)"

So in the end, as a girl, I find 2D character (with a glasses, like Sekine or Hirotaka, and other glasses character) is still perfect material for me, 3D men are more confusing, (sorry, Bruh)

doubt I will ever meet you in any way lol. This ain't SAO.

js.

wait. shouldn't you have already watched the seasonal anime if you're reading this manga

Edited by NinjaGekkouga, 15 April 2016 - 06:33 AM.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

innova

innova

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

wait. shouldn't you have already watched the seasonal anime if you're reading this manga

I am quite picky, actually. Mostly I watch slice of life (and almost all of Ghibli's). I don't really like fantasy things and shounen, so in the end I didn't have much of refences. So, when I meet some otaku friends (girls or boys), the first thing I ask to them are those things. 

Honestly almost everything in this manga are new knowledge for me. There are so much things I don't know about in Otaku world.

As an otaku, I am quite like Kabakura. (You are, but you are not)

Palladium

Palladium

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

For me the 2D char are more intrestimg than the 3D one. They are more exploreable, deep, and intresting, for the 3D normofags they are mostly too friggin easy to "Read".

For the guys otaku i only know 1 guy, for the female there are none, most of my convention friends are normofags that just want to try manga or comicbooks

Pokefairy

Pokefairy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Yea but a 2D will never have a drink  with you, wipe your tears or make you laugh when needed. "Charming" only belongs to fairy tales. Maybe before asking for him/her you have to wonder if you can match his/her perfection. If you look for perfection why he/she should choose you instead of someone better?

ain't that just it, though? If they're 2D, we can have all the expectations, without having to match them.

Even if these characters betray you, it not gonna hurt as much as a 3D guy. This is probably why otakus are generally single. We know how our perfect suitor is, but we know we don't deserve them irl, and we know if they appear and are interested, there's something wrong. (Or maybe it's just me)

Palladium

Palladium

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

ain't that just it, though? If they're 2D, we can have all the expectations, without having to match them.
Even if these characters betray you, it not gonna hurt as much as a 3D guy. This is probably why otakus are generally single. We know how our perfect suitor is, but we know we don't deserve them irl, and we know if they appear and are interested, there's something wrong. (Or maybe it's just me)

Ohh... i am really sorry to hear that

Kappa Nanpa

Kappa Nanpa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNDG

Well 2D is perfect so he/she can't betray you or he/she won't be perfect any more. I agree for the rest of it.

Ohh... i am really sorry to hear that

I don't think  you should be sorry. Being prepared to be hurt is part of love. It's better to know that 3D won't match all your expectations. Being blinded by love leads most of time to heavy pains.

---------

Kisses

Maxer00

Maxer00

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOn the shores of the Baltic Sea

Me on the edge between being gamer otaku and anime/manga one, I didn't meet a lot of other fellows due to my geographic location. Mostly met just pure gamers casual readers or fake otakus. That is until last year when I attended a convention. Oh boy. Gotta say, after the convention I realized: 1. my otaku power level is weak; 2. Otaku ratio (gender-wise) is quite equal where I live, which surprised me; 3. Yup, there are quite a lot of closet otakus.

innova

innova

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Me on the edge between being gamer otaku and anime/manga one, I didn't meet a lot of other fellows due to my geographic location. Mostly met just pure gamers casual readers or fake otakus. That is until last year when I attended a convention. Oh boy. Gotta say, after the convention I realized: 1. my otaku power level is weak; 2. Otaku ratio (gender-wise) is quite equal where I live, which surprised me; 3. Yup, there are quite a lot of closet otakus.

After read your post (and meet some otakus in the past), I can even be consider as a fake otaku, like a super weak otaku power in me. 

JokerxHisoka

JokerxHisoka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBrasil

but is there really a need to get an otaku boy/girlfriend? I mean, I would settle with someone who just accepts that part of me, that + me liking her, of course.

Edited by JokerxHisoka, 08 May 2016 - 02:09 PM.

Maxer00

Maxer00

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOn the shores of the Baltic Sea

but is there really a need to get an otaku boy/girlfriend? I mean, I would settle with someone who just accepts that part of me, I mean, that + me liking her, of course.

It's a good question, open for debate. Personally I agree with ya.

Love comes in many different forms. Quite often polar opposites hook up. So I'd say, as long as two people love each other and accept one another for who they are, it's certainly enough for a healthy relationship.

LimitCycle

LimitCycle

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIn Space like a Space Potato. Currently in Orbit.

lol

If you guys want to dwell into that area of opposites can hook up or you dont have to be an otaku to be in love with one. Read/Watch "I cant understand what my husband is saying

"http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/danna-ga-nani-o-itte-iru-ka-wakaranai-ken-r12222 

About a Husband and wife the Husband is an Otaku the wife is a Normie

If you believe or are more of the opinion that the only way to truly fall in love "and stay in it"  is with someone who shares your Otaku interests Watch Anime " Love Chunnibyou and other Delusions" 

One chunni and another ex-chunni discovering each other discussing what is chunnibyou (ep 1) and coming of age.

Chunni is short for Chunnibyou

BTW the reason you guys are single is not because your Otaku's its because your an Anti-Social Otakus. If you want love ya gatta look for it..........

.......Drops Mike......

....Peace Out

lol

If you guys want to dwell into that area of opposites can hook up or you dont have to be an otaku to be in love with one. Read/Watch "I cant understand what my husband is saying

"http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/danna-ga-nani-o-itte-iru-ka-wakaranai-ken-r12222 

About a Husband and wife the Husband is an Otaku the wife is a Normie

If you believe or are more of the opinion that the only way to truly fall in love "and stay in it"  is with someone who shares your Otaku interests Watch Anime " Love Chunnibyou and other Delusions" 

One chunni and another ex-chunni discovering each other discussing what is chunnibyou (ep 1) and coming of age.

Chunni is short for Chunnibyou

BT the reason you guys are single is not because your Otaku's its because your an Anti-Social Otakus. If you want love ya gatta look for it..........

.......Drops Mike......

....Peace Out

Just found the manga version for chunnibyou if you dont want to watch the anime lol 

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-hokuto-no-ken-kenpouka-demo-koi-ga-shitai-doujinshi-r8506/

Enjoy lmao

Val

Val

Potato Sprout

• The Company (inactive)
  • 2 posts

Huh, I guess I never meet 'em. I only met one other guy who talked anime in college, but it was at a party and at the end I was drunk and didn't remember him too much. It was just so surprising to hear someone in real life talk about it, I guess I thought of him more as an exotic animal than anything.

Honestly, though I consider myself pretty nerdy and dorky, I seem to normally hook up with the exact opposite. It's a strange thing.

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

There's a joke here that involves about weeaboos, autism, and probably /a/, but I'm too tired to figure it out. Suffice to say, so long as you have a normie social life you'll eventually meet other weebs with similar interests and you'll finally find your happy ending. Either that or you'll die a lonely NEET in your basement.

noctemleya

noctemleya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 78 posts

I feel so old reading this thread. I have been into video games, manga and anime for almost twenty years rn, never ever had any trouble with a SO not sharing my interests with me. When you are passionate about something you end up bumping into other passionate people, one way or the other. One of them might attract you at a certain point and if the stars align you might attract them as well. Love is banal like that.

I am reading this manga exactly because I can identify with the characters from a romance perspective, otaku perspective and even a professional perspective (i guess that josei tag really makes sense here). If you think this is impossible you probably haven't met enough people yet or are just not ready to accept someone close in your life. Swinging your fedoras and muttering how you're such a great catch yet there are not any 3D men/women out there that can beat your waifu is just silly and downright immature.

Saying there are more guys otakus than girls might be slightly correct, but the number isn't really overwhelming nowadays. More and more franchises are made for female consumers, the last five years have shown a really steep growth of (straight) female oriented content. Hell, even if we go back to the past we can find lots of girls in any fandom. Just focusing on anime and manga there is a large number of old shoujo content and even most shonens in the last 20 years have been made with pretty characters to cater to fujoshi's and other female otaku. If you can't find female fans of the franchises that you like you are just looking in the wrong places.

ReeLS

ReeLS

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

being a med doc I'm a closet otaku with my colleague but true otaku with my high school friends, got my self a nerd bf, good enough. he still got mad went I forgot to call him for 7 days when a new game pop out or I'm binge-watching/reading.

it's POSSIBLE to be yourself and have a romance life my dear fellow otakus!

doomtc

doomtc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

This thread is fuckin sad. Jfc