Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

The more she noticed Yami, the more her excitement grew. If at start of their little meeting, it was a tickle then now she was just getting giddy with the white haired bombshell. Her mannerisms, that wicked drawl she had to her words and her almost carelessly potent charm drew Dahlia in like a moth to a flame and the Supergirl!, she was an entity that drew her curiosity as well. Seeing as she hadn't introduced herself, Dahlia was randomly going through the list of the entities that chilled on the forums to put a name on her.

She had a budding feeling that she was on the Myriad forums, but she had been wrong before. It won't hurt to ask, would it.

"So who are you, love? I'm Dahlia or CosmicShit as known on the forums. Are you on it as well, or your powers were there from birth." she said walking near the white-haired girl. She motioned to her onesie for more emphasis on her username. She was proud of it.

"Can't believe I am here with these weenies! I thought they'd come prepared to see what bizzare is. Not cry like babies on their first day to school." she said now standing right next to Claire. On closer look she was indeed just a teenager and Dahlia was quiet a bit taller than her. Her deep crimson locks a great contrast to her blazing white bangs as air picked up around the two, making their mops dance to the rhythm of the wind.

Dahlia felt an urge to lean in for a kiss but she just pushed that thought out and said, "I take it that you have met Myriad. Can you take me to him? It looks like Yami has things under control, here."

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 22 April 2016 - 01:02 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Claire

How annoying, she thought again as she overlooked the situation. She couldn't help but think that all of this is a waste of time, well, them for that matter. Sometimes she wonders what exactly goes on in Myriad's mind, especially the fact he wants to meet these people. Whatever the case, she didn't sign up for babysitting, that's for sure. Almost as if on Que, the whiny one from a moment ago started wheezing and clutching his head. With a sigh, her and Yami exchanged looks to which Claire nodded. With that, Yami went over to him and put him to sleep, thus saving everyone.

"Finally, How tiresome..." she sighed as Thomas collapsed and went off into dreamland. Just when she thought it was over, the other one started losing his shit. Blood boiling, Claire clenched her fists and resisted the urge to hit him. Instead, she just glared at him with an icy glare that would freeze even the hottest flames of hell. "Shut the hell up, you lowly maggot. Try using that head of yours for once." Not exactly in the best of moods for explaining things, she once again left it up to Yami. Which turned out to be a bad idea. She should've expected that she'd only confuse them more.

Taking the time to take a deep breath and calm down, she rubbed her forehead and spoke up. "To translate, we all have powers, yes, but not all of them are the same. Some are very different and very...." she then glanced over at Thomas. Dangerous, is what she was going to say but stopped. "Anyways, everyone is different but to give an explanation that will make sense to everyone....well, it'll be best to leave it up to Myriad. You'll understand everything soon enough. Since that isn't helping any..." she muttered to herself at the end, clearly referring to Yami.

After a few moments of silence, she brought it to an conclusion. "Do you all want to wake up and learn the truth or forever remain asleep until the end, unable to do anything when the time comes?" she finished with a grim forboding tone for effect. After a few moments of silence, she started stretching as Dahlia came up to her and started talking.

"Not important," she said without hesitation, clearly not interested in introducing herself. She wasn't here to get friendly, she was there to bring them to Myriad, nothing else matters. "Who knows," she smirked, "You'll meet meet him along with the others (that choose to come), no exceptions." she said coldy, staring in Yami's and the others direction as she waits for the situation to wrap up.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
The man named Lance actually payed Dexter some attention, if not just briefly. It made him feel like he belonged. He wasn't the only one to notice Dexter either. They were all welcomed by Yami, who took them into, what looks like a different world. Or maybe more like an alternate dimension of the very town they lived. Or, it could even be the reality of the home they lived in. Whatever the case, what they saw was a world pretty tattered and rough to look at. Dexter became uneasy about it. Who wouldn't when everything you knew became............apocalyptic. On the other hand, he was completely fascinated by what he saw. His curiosity drove him bonkers and he only wanted to find answers. What is this place? Who created it? Where is Myraid and what does he have to do with this? And..........why is this girl flying?! All of this went through his mind as he stared at this new girl who was soaring through the sky.

It we hard for him to remove his eyes from her, then Yami threw down a sword and spooked the crapnout of him. Yami's explanation on what was going on seemed confusing but he could understand the basics of why she was saying. They all had abilities just like her and the flying dragon lady. It was funny, the dragon girl's attitude was pretty much like a dragon, very nasty. So from then on, the flying girl would be known as DRAGON LADY.

"This is all quite fascinating." Dexter said a he was slowly gaining confidence in his amazement. "If this is the case, Dragon Lady, then I will follow you to meet Myraid. I am still really uneasy about it but my eyes are don't lie to me so I can only imagine what the actual truth is. By the way, I am Dexamillion01 on the forums. Sorry I forgot to say that earlier."

Edited by KDPtheKing, 23 April 2016 - 05:48 AM.

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Joey Smallwood - Ladders

So it turns out this Lance guy is pretty chill. That's cool to know. Joey was glad that hadn't turned into the awkward-fest he had paranoidly anticipated. 

But then the plot thickened. 

The girl he was pretty sure was Yami at this point was walking toward the hot-dog stand. 

And then she wasn't. 

And then the whole bridge wasn't. Well it was still there, but like real fucked. Everything was fucked. 

In shock, he dropped his fries and hot dog. They fell slowly, dramatically on the dirty, shitty looking ground. No 5 seconds rule for this. It was a complete loss. Joey didn't care anymore. This was a bit more than he had bargained for. He didn't want this. He wanted to have cool, somewhat tame adventures with his internet buddies. He didn't want to die young in a weird hellscape. 

So when he was asked to follow, he complied, frankly overwhelmed by the situation. He was not in the mood for witty remarks or clever internal monologues. Quite frankly he was scared shitless. Well, not quite. His bowels were quite full and their content had not evacuated without his consent yet. It was a good thing, in much later hindsight, that he had not eaten all that garbage food he had just bought. 

Also he hoped this wouldn't too long. His parents were expecting him before 8. 

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

And so it came to be that most everyone walked willing into the city. Yami strode off ahead of the group with Thomas bobbing along through the air at her side. Tailor muttered at anyone who would listen about how he totally didn't get freaked out by Yami and what was happening. "I just thought she'd killed him. We're here to get him to safety right? Not kill him. I was just angry, you know... not scared..." He would ramble, before spinning off into a tirade that compared his reaction to the inevitability of a falling hotdog never being the same again, even if it was caught and spared the humiliation of getting floor all over it's face.

From a distance, in the center of the bridge, the city of Okahame had looked damaged. More than that. One of the defining skyscrapers of the skyline had even been sheared off at a forty-five degree angle just over half way up. But it turned out that, upon closer inspection, most of it wasn't destroyed. It had, however, been drastically altered. One section of the city the group walked past seemed to be made of glass now. That was new. The streets leading into the glass place all had a marking of some kind, Yami explained offhandedly that this was to claim it as someones territory. Thomas thought it was pretty clear where the territory began and ended without the marking, what with it suddenly becoming glass and all. He also added that he didn't care and whomever owned it could go suck a fat one. The general consensus was that he was in a bad mood.

Next they walked through a place that was densely overgrown with trees and shrubbery's. This part of the city was no longer accessible by car but pathways were carved out through trunks and vines for foot-traffic. They moved on through to a place that was black as night despite the fact that it was day time, the street lights shining away on the people who walked through the area. And there were plenty of people. It seemed that, no matter what had happened, life must go on. People were rushing about, presumably headed to work or something. The city was still very active, though all foot traffic would cease and retreat to the nearest building the instant anyone noticed Yami. Tailor found that to be particularly disconcerting. Even more disconcerting than the mysterious nighttime-zone, or the fact that they frequently passed the almost-cleaned-up aftermath of what he assumed was some sort of massive accident. Throughout the city there were often crumpled cars, fallen homes and smouldering ruins. It was like the city had voted that they really like the smell of burning, so a task force had been sent out to give the people what they want.

An hour or so later the group had made its way to the Outlands. They went right out to the fringes of the city, to the point that there were large chunks of grass that some non-city dwellers call 'fields' between the houses. Into one such a field they were led by Yami. It was not at all what Tailor had been expecting. He knew for a fact that Myriad lived in a grungy little apartment in downtown Okahame, he'd seen the place on security cameras. So why they were meeting out in the ass end of nowhere, Tailor had no idea. But there in the field, amidst burned out old cars and an entire family of stray cats, they found a solitary rundown old warehouse. Yami led them inside.

The inside of the place was not quite what you would expect. It certainly wasn't what Tailor had expected. From the outside he had expected for the building to possibly contain a broken table, half a chair, the scent of a damp, moldy rug and, if he was lucky, a whole ton of territorial homeless people. Instead a wave of greenery hit his nostrils from all varieties of plants sprouting from pots and baskets as he entered. Almost every spare bit of space seemed to have some kind of plant growing in it. It was like the owner had tried to bring the wilderness to the inside of their home.

On a second glance around he realized that there were animals everywhere. Cats nestled on shelves or peering out from behind a fern. A dog on a low sofa near the middle of the space with it's pups nuzzled safely against it. Birds clung to wooden constructions that had been made to imitate branches near the high ceiling. Large fake trees, real bushes on the far end of the ware-house there was a water-feature with large rocks. There was even a cage with its door removed that contained a large iguana lounging lazily on a rock under a heat lamp. The iguana briefly opened one eye at the new arrivals before deciding he didn't care about them and went back to sleep.

"Watch your step." Yami said quietly in warning. "I stood on a spider once and we fought for like... two days."

"I nearly had you." Came a new voice, the speaker was so obstructed by plants that Tailor hadn't noticed she was there.

"Of course you did." Yami replied. "I didn't fight back."

The woman smiled as she stepped out into view. A leaf stuck in her dark hair, a puppy held to her tattooed chest, a strange glint to her eyes as she caught Yami's gaze. Something passed between them in that moment, but for the life of him Tailor couldn't figure it out.

"So how much have you told them?" The woman asked, absentmindedly reaching out to stroke a cat that was in a pretty convincing fake tree.

"I explained everything pretty much... quite well, I think."

"Right. Right. So, you all know nothing?" She asked turning to the group. The puppy in her arms yawned and looked about curiously.

"I wouldn't say we know nothing." Tailor replied. "We heard plenty from Miss Riddles we just couldn't really figure out what the hell she meant."

"I was perfectly clear!" Yami interjected, almost sounding offended.

"Saying 'Last time I almost set you on fire.' out of the blue as we walked through a dark tunnel isn't perfectly clear, it's insanity."

The woman's mouth quirked up into a smile and she let out a chuckle. "I remember that. It was the first time you met him. You were convinced he was Regal until he just stood there like a f**king idiot while you charged at him with a bit of burning wood. Hah! Good job you stopped huh? This was all his idea originally."

"And now there's two of them. Great. Super helpful. I thought you were going to be the sensible one."

The woman rolled her eyes at him. "Please. I'm nowhere near as bad as her. But fine, if you want it that way. Straight talk. All aboard the facts train. Here we go. I am Myriad. Hello. This is the future. Three whole years in the future.  It's all gone to crap, I'm sure you've seen. Wow. But me, Yami and Tailor. Future Tailor that is, from this timeline. We came up with a plan. And so you guys are, hopefully, going to stop the bad things that happened from happening. And by 'bad things' I mostly mean me. You have to stop me, in the past, if you can. Preferably without killing me." She gave Tailor a mocking smile. "Is that better?"

"Understandable at least. Though it raises more questions than it answered. So uhh... Right. Where to start... You said I helped with this plan?"

"Yep. It was pretty much all your idea."

"Well maybe it won't suck then. What is it?"

Yami cut in looking quite pleased with herself. "First, I had to bring you all together." She said with a proud smile. "I knew where you needed to be so I found the ways. It was easy, mostly." She looked pointedly at Rosca. "For some it was as easy as a few Myriad symbols sprayed in a specific few abandoned buildings," she moved her eyes to Lance, "Or scrawled in the pages of some books." She nodded at Joey. "Others just needed to read the right post on the right forum, or find a simple thought placed in their mind... Dahlia was always going to find her way here to the Myriad forums, I just had to suggest a chat-room... Dexter was the tough one. Annoying one. It was... tedious to focus for so long on convincing his parents to move to the city."

"So Yami knew you were gunna take us here all along?"

"Nope. Not until I just told her just before we met on the bridge."

"And she was just fine with it?! Just like that?! A casual future-kidnapping in broad daylight? Sure. Why no
t!?"

"Yeah, sure. We are the same person. I'm just older. I knew I wouldn't mean you any harm. Or that if I did I'd have to have a damn good reason." Her smile showed teeth and her hand moved to rest upon the hilt of her sword. Myriads puppy tried to do a growl. That made Tailor calm down a bit. Well. Not calm exactly. But he shut up for a few seconds. When next he spoke it was in a slightly nicer tone. The puppy felt proud of himself.

"So why didn't she come with us?"

"She did. I am Yami. I just took the long way around. Me... her... whatever. Same thing. We were born Regal. It's not so surprising to us. We can get to it later. First we have to play show and tell. Right?" The last she directed at Myriad.

Myriad nodded at Yami with a smile then reached out and to touch everyone's minds gently. They got images. Words. Her voice in their minds. They saw Okahame as it was now. A broken place, with broken citizens. "In this timeline you all didn't manifest your powers until it was way too late. You were like a second wave. You guys only got powers last year. Minus Thomas, of course. He was one of the first and he was long gone by then. But by the time you all were Reborn the others had gotten too strong for you to do anything even if you wanted too. I think you mostly just tried to get under the radar and stay there. They had taken over long before then." An image of a man throwing a car through a building flashed through everyone's mind. Myriad floated in the air nearby. A bank robber walked through an armed security force. It seemed the only thing he'd bothered stealing was the vault door he was carrying. Bullets dipped into the ground around him. A sudden knowledge broke its way into the scene. That was it. That was the day it all changed. That day they had made a statement that nobody could refute. Nothing was locked away tight enough. Nothing was safe. It all belonged to them. This was a city of gods now.

"I certainly played my part in making things the way they were. But I wasn't with them anymore at the time. Anyway, they killed you all. Stone dead." Flashes of newspaper clippings and gravestones. "Not because you were threats, not alone and not yet, but because you were different. Each and every one of you. When you manifested you had the highest tolerance to the corruption that comes from using the abilities out of everyone. The fact you could do what they could with little to no change to your psyche. Mostly they were annoyed I think. I would have been if I was still like them at the time. Annoyed because you wouldn't become one of them. You wouldn't come to see the world as they did."

As if to prove her point Myriad showed them another scene. It was another memory. She looked uncomfortable to be remembering it. It was a memory of flying over Okahame. That was all. Just flying and looking down on everything. But it was the feeling that came with it that she was trying to show. The feeling that she had felt at the time. That she was a monarch among peasants. A kid in a candy store. A bull in a china shop. Nothing was denied to this Myriad, and nothing should be. That was what she felt. Like she deserved whatever she wanted no matter what was in her way. And she'd take it. Because she could, so why wouldn't she? Who was anyone to deny her what she wanted. Weaker beings trying to tie her down with 'morals' and other stupid concepts. They were things that didn't apply to someone like her. She could level this city. And she would if she felt like it. They were lucky she was letting them live in her city. She withdrew from everyone's minds after a short time. "That's how they live. Imagine what they thought when they realized you could be as powerful as them, but without that mindset. Without that corruption that had twisted them. Well, they thought about that and didn't like it. The chance that you'd oppose them was a thought they didn't like. That's when they killed you. Of course, by targeting you they showed us exactly who they feared. And since by that point I'd turned Regal, Me and Yami were able to put the pieces together and set all this up. We had Tailors help too, of course."

Tailor nodded. He knew he would have helped if they'd asked him. It was weird to think of some other version of himself running around doing stuff though. "So what's the next part of this, obviously fantastic given who came up with it, plan?"

"I just activated all of your latent abilities while I was in your minds. You'll be Reborn soon. Well, soon-ish. Don't be surprised if you get some pretty rockin headaches over the next couple of days. But the next step is training you all up. We get you all a nice advantage over those who are about to be Reborn back in your time and start doing bad things. Then we put you back on your bridge. And you stop this stuff from happening. Keep things in check. As for me. The Past me, I should say. Just stop me doing anything too bad until I get strong enough to turn Regal."

"You keep saying that. Regal. Turning Regal. Born Regal. Regal, regal, regal. You do know you haven't explained it right? It's just nonsense. You want to shine some light on that? You know, for those of us who have no idea what the f**k you're talking about."

"I was gunna wait to explain more when we train you up. You'll need a couple days before your powers actually come out. But for now... Let's see. The basics. Reborn people have three types of powers. Reach, Raid and Ruin. That's standard. We get all three. Those'll be your bread and butter. I can tell you all about them when we're training you. But at a certain point, people get strong enough to develop a more personal ability. Something unique to them. That's what we call a Regal ability. They can be the strongest and most dangerous abilities. A fight against a Regal with an unknown ability can mean... well... anything can happen. But my Regal ability isn't very combat oriented. Mine let's me share minds. Not in the same way as Raid. It's on a much deeper level. I can forge a bond between my mind and that of another. That's why I can resist the corruption of our abilities now. I surround myself with animals. Share their minds. Their innocence. Their contentment. It becomes mine. You have no idea how calming it is to share minds with a litter of puppies cuddled up with their mother. So if you can just hold me back until I reach that point, then get me away from crowds, I'll be fine. Just remember to-"

The roof disappeared. Night-time flooded the sky like spilled ink. A voice ripped through the mind, speaking as through it came from everywhere. There were people standing in the air. Shadowed figures against a black sky. It must have been one of them talking. "I have no idea how you brought them back Myriad. But you should have known we would find out." Myriad swore and pushed the puppy she was holding into Tailors arms. Yami gripped her sword handle and grinned.

"Looks like training will have to wait. Just... F**k! Okay. Find Quail-Man. Yami will be able to unlock their powers early like I did yours. They can help you." Tailor nodded in response. Finding people was one of his specialties. He'd found Myriad hadn't he? Even the government hadn't been able to track her down. Myriad floated up into the air. "Get them back Yami. Quickly, we're gunna need your help. Claire, you're with me. You take Shade and Mind-games, I'll ge-"

Suddenly the bridge was back underfoot. It was intact again. They were back in their time. The bridge was empty aside from Yami, who was sitting on a railing eating a hotdog. "Hey guys. What's up?" She said between mouthfuls of hotdog. "Nice puppy."

---

Early the next morning there was a knock at Claire's door. Tailor's head was killing him as he stood waiting impatiently. He pushed the doorbell a few times for good measure. Yami sat cross legged on the floor nearby and played around with the puppy he had hoisted off onto her. She hadn't decided on a name yet and Tailor didn't seem to care about coming up with one. Maybe that was just his head-aches though. He'd definitely been trying to use his new abilities. The head-aches weren't that bad if you weren't trying to use them. She could see the pain on his face. Tailor's head-ache was feeling worse by the moment and he gave up all attempts at being polite. He saw an open window and yelled through it. "Hey! I'm looking for Quail-Man!" Yami wondered whether to call the puppy Tailor. Just to make things confusing and funny. She'd spell it Tail-or. She giggled to herself. Tailor shot her a quick grumpy look before going back to the window. "Hello?!"

---

Two days later, in a certain familiar warehouse on the other side of the city Yami had gathered everyone for training. The walls were in better condition in this time. Less damp. And there we no plants, unless you counted the floor in that one moldy corner. But it was big and empty, perfect for a place to train out of sight. And the puppy seemed to like it here, maybe it found the place familiar. It's soft fur looked more gold than blonde in the warehouse lighting as it ran around the place sniffing all the amazing new smells it had found.

"Any questions while we wait for mister grumpy?" Yami asked. Tailor still hadn't shown up. She needed something to pass the time. Besides she had been dodging questions for the past two days, only giving them vague basic descriptions of their blossoming abilities. She didn't want them trying things on their own while they were still changing. She knew they all most likely had been trying though. She probably would have done so if her powers had ever been a new thing to her. Even if it did make the head-aches worse. Though, she didn't have the head-aches. Or if she had, she couldn't remember them. One of the perks of being born Regal she supposed. She smiled at her good fortune. "Or any ideas of what to name the puppy?"

OOC:

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Joey Smallwood - Ladders

10:17 pm

The bus left him alone by the bus stop, the neighbourhood tranquil and placid. People were watching T.V. or going to bed after a long, long day of doing shitty work in a shitty building. Joey sighed. Despite all the outrageous bullshit he had just witnessed, he was trying to steel himself for what would come next. 

10:32

The light in front of the house was open, keeping vigil. He opened the door, slowly, hoping to make the least sound as possible. To no avail: waiting for him inside were both his parents waiting at the dinner table. His mother looked anxious, if somewhat relieved at his appearance. His father, though, was visibly fuming.

Dad:"Alright young man, we need to talk."

Fuck me. 

Fuck me. Fuck me. Fuck me. Fuck me. 

Dad: "Where have you been all night?" 

Dad: "Hanging out with friends."

That vague shit was just going to make him angrier, but what else can he say. He's certainly not going to say he was hanging out with weirdos from the internet.

"Is that so. Well, care to tell me the rules for hanging out with friends?"

He took a moment to answer. "Always leave a note about where I am going, who I am seeing, and be home before 9, unless it's a sleep over. In case of a sleepover, a phone number to call the friend's parent." he repeated, annoyed. 

Dad: "That's right. And what did you do?"

Joey: "Well... I ... uh."

Dad: "Who did you hang out with tonight?"

Joey: "I uh well I hung with Thomas and Jake and Sabrina."

Dad: "Oh is that so? Because I called Thomas, and Jake too, and they said they hadn't seen you all night."

Joey remained silent.

Dad: "Nothing to say young man?"

Joey was looking really hard at the floor. Like, real hard.

Dad: "Are you taking drugs Joey?"

Joey: "Wait what!? I don't take drugs! Why would I take drugs?" he blurted out.

Dad: "Well you are at that age. Young and impressionable, in need of stimulus. You are also always in your room on that damn computer of yours. Your friends are good kids, but I don't want to see you hang out with the wrong crowd."

Joey: "I am not hanging out with the wrong crowd!"

Well, a few in that crowd could be bad. 

Dad: "Well then who were you hanging out then?" 

Joey: "Well... friends!"

Dad: "What friends?"

Joey: "New friends! You don't know them!"

Dad: "Is that so. Well mister. I don't like you disappearing all night with strangers. You are grounded for the weekend. No internet either. Now go to bed."

And with that the conversation was over.  Joey slouched, angry, frustrated, tired and drained. As he walked upstairs he could hear the conversation between his mom and dad continuing. 

Mom: "He lied to us. I can't believe he doesn't trust us enough to tell us where he has been all night. I was so worried."

Dad: "He's at that age. Kids start to look to their friends and not their parents. We got to give him some space, but we got to show him the boundaries too. He's not an adult yet."

Joey didn't bother to listen any more than that. At the top of the stairs, he spied Sasha slinking back into her room. So much for making up a cover for him, he thought bitterly. 

(...)

The lack of internet didn't bother Joey very much. He was too preoccupied anyway at the moment. He had... a lot to think about. For one he had to come up with a credible excuse to go out and ''train''. He already had one in mind, actually. 

Training. 

He was going to have his parent pay for a gym pass at a local gym. His father was always bitching that he was unathletic, lethargic, and always in front of his computer. Well, that ought to turn him around a bit . Of course, this was not a complete lie. 

He had to get stronger, like, physically. He was weak, and a coward. He was this close to shitting himself back there. 

Back there. 

What to think of all that stuff that just happened so much? That was trippier than you average dream. Not only that, but now he was in a sort of Misfit scenario. Superpowers, yo! But to his distress it also clearly meant going up against people who were demonstrably god-like. That sucked. 

Ruin. Reach. Raid. Regal. 

Those words bounced in his head. He would have to ask about their function later. Cool names though. Joey was, admitedly, a bit too self-conscious to experiment with his power. He felt like spider-man, the Sam Reimi one, when he was trying to get his web-shooters to work. He had just... no idea how to use them. More questions for the weirdos, he thought. 

(...)

Let's fast forward a bit because shit is getting boring. 

Setting: Yami's sweet derelict hangar. His Dad would be a having a aneurysm at this sight. He would be hard pressed to contest that he was hanging out with real shady people. Week-end spent navel-gazing and angsting and playing his guitar. And homework. 

Yami is asking for questions. Ladders raises his hand.

Ladders: "Kay kay so, alright - what do these powers do? How do we use them? We're we supposed to get some revelation or intuition about this? Because I didn't get anything. If it wasn't for the fact that you explicitly told us that we had powers, I wouldn't feel any different right about now."

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

"No puppy name idea?" Yami asked with a slightly saddened look on her face. She'd been having a lot of trouble with it. "Okay. Well I guess this is a good place to start. Right? Right. At the start. Good starting point. Good. So. Hmm..." She decided to take the questions in order. "What are the powers?" She repeated. "Reach, Raid and Ruin. Those are the ones you should really care about right now. I'm probably the only Regal about for now. You don't have to worry about that yet. Probably? Yeah, sure. Probably not. Right. Reach!" She raised her right hand up and all the loose stones and rubble in the warehouse lifted. "Basically, Reach is moving things with with your mind." She gestured towards a corner and all the rubble shot over to pile um over there. "The hand waving isn't necessary really, but it helps visualize things when learning or showing."

She nodded to herself, fairly confident she had demonstrated Reach. "Raid!" She continued. Though, her mouth didn't move. "Is all about the mind." She continued. Her voice penetrating into people's minds as she stood there silently. "If you have no defenses I could read your thoughts like a pamphlet. I could show you things that weren't there. Using time, and subtlety, I could trick your senses and make you think you were going insane. And using no time and no subtlety I could actually make you insane. Though it's not all as sinister as that. You can talk with other people without the use of speech or a mobile phone, distance doesn't really matter. You can share flashes of thought and images. So I'm sure you can imagine,  it's reeaaally useful for teamwork and co-operation. Co-ordination and planning and stuff."

Yami switched back to speaking aloud, her soft as a dream -cloud voice carrying surprisingly well in the empty building. "And lastly we come to Ruin." She smiled quite widely. "This one is always fun. At it's most basic it makes you physically stronger." She punched the floor. There was a boom. The floor shook ever so slightly. Cracks spider-webbed along the concrete. "When you get better... Well. Enhanced speed, endurance, strength, reflexes, eyesight, smell, hearing... The list goes on. Ruin is all about enhancing your physical self." The puppy came over see what was happening. His fur was still looking quite golden in this lighting. She considered calling him Goldie, but decided against it. It was like calling an albino man Mr. Pale. It just felt too on the nose. She gave him a little stroke behind the ears and he ran off to sniff about at people's feet and look for attention.

"How you use them is a little harder to show you. You kind of have to get the feel for it yourself. But... For Reach and Raid it's quite similar. If you get one. You can probably get the other. A good way to try and get it is too... uhh... You know how you can focus on, say, your hand or foot and you can feel it more? Well you need to focus on a part of your body, get a good feel of focusing on it. And then extend that focus outside your body. Maybe hold a stone and see if you can extend your focus into that. When you can feel the stone, you can move the stone. Right? Or another method I've heard of working is to imagine, like, a third arm or something. Invisible and intangible, but very real. Then attempt to pick things up with it. When you have a good image of what you're trying to achieve you should be able to do it... That's a couple of ways to learn Reach. Maybe you'll come up with your own ways. Maybe some of you already have? I don't know... But basically you Reach out for things... It's all in the name... I guess. But like I said, Raid is similar. Except instead of trying to physically feel outside of your body, you reach out mentally. And you reach for other minds, not objects. As for Ruin... You just focus on your own body. It's kind of hard to explain Ruin. Like telling someone how to flex their bicep. You kind of just have to get a feel for it..." She trailed off. She thought she'd done a good job. She had practiced talking about this to herself since Tailor had asked her to give some group training. She was quite sure she had did pretty good. She was also quite sure that if she did bad, someone would mention it. People usually did.

"And about that last bit. No. You wouldn't just know you could do things. You wouldn't really feel different. Then one day you get angry and snap a wall, or a face, and then you'd know something was different. You'd be half asleep and accidentally Raid someones dreams. Or you'd go to push a door, miss, and it'd slam shut anyway. That's how you'd usually find out." She smiled at the group. "Anything else?"

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Dahlia walked behind Yami for a while as the landscape around her slowly changed for the weird. Never before she would have imagined such ruination upon her hometown. It looked like something straight out of a zombie flick, a world in flames. They walked or a bit longer to enter the Outlands, she knew her way around here. She had been a few times to the shack his brother operated from. The whole area had a derelict feel to it as they slowly closed in on a beaten down house.

Once inside, she was surprised by the way life had reclaimed the dead space. Plants both real and imitations littered the place and astonishingly, it housed way more animals than it seemed. Once her interest in the lazy iguana had died, she finally got around to knowing Myriad, which surprisingly happened to be a saucy young woman. Just like her type, the tattoo across her chest really calling to Dahlia.

Myriad soon gave the revelation of what their situation was. Well what it can be had she not awakened our powers and then shoved them back into reality. As the bizzare meeting ended dahlia was left wondering about how much of all this was real. But the Future Yami and Myriad seemed rather convincing si she wasn't sure if she should dismiss it right off the bat.

She rode home quietly, deep into the night.

--

The way Pebbles reacted to her was rather surprising, Dahlia's thought train was certainly moving towards believing what had happened. After all, its said that animals are much more sensitive to changes. Maybe something did change around her, for the first time her cat seemed pleased in her company rather than tolerating her.

She lay on her bed, hoping to make sense of the power she held? Could she read people's minds? That would certainly be most interesting. Seeing how far she could get with it. Or maybe she could finally look towards participating in MMA amateur tournaments. The only thing that had discouraged her was her recovery ability. Maybe there was a way around that or better she could be like Jean grey. All she needed then was a tight green spandex unitard. Her fantasies kept her awake for a while before fatigue kicked in and she slept like a log.

--

She had been trying for four hours now, looking goofy trying to move things mentally. Her hand gestures surely putting the best actors to shame before she collapsed on her bed, breaking it in the process. She wondered when she had got so heavy? and then a revelation hit her. Maybe that was her power acting up. She didn't better, all that she knew was that Pebbles needed food, so she sullenly got up to fix something for the both of them. Maybe the meeting later today would give her some answers.

--

She got into a broken down house much like the one in which they met Myriad, although this one was mossy and mostly bare. Ladders quickly got to business and asked the one question that seemed to be on everyone's mind. How do these powers work and Dahlia was treated to the wonderful drawl of Yami, who wistfully explained the powers and their types. Meanwhile, the little pup came up to Dahlia who chose to wear a body fitting black unitard this time as she rubbed it gently under his head, trying her best to be as gentle as possible when Yami finished.

Dahlia smiled a bit before asking, "We can name him Aurius!" before continuing to pet the little guy, taking him into her arms and standing up.

"What kind of power was Thomas's when he was holding his head in a splitting headache? Are there any exercises for the headaches? Painkillers don't seem to help." 

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

"Aurius? Like the fruit?" Yami considered it. Then looked at the puppy. Aurius. Hmm... The fruit thing was a put off. It would need more thought.

"As for Thomas. Well. Thomas is a weirdy." She looked at Thomas. "Weirdy." She said, sticking her tongue out at him. He scrunched up his eyebrows a bit and made his mouth into a little 'o' in mock outrage. She smiled and continued. "He seems to have skipped straight past the whole 'needing to get stronger' part, and manifested with a pretty dangerous Regal ability right from the get go. Something like a leeching power that feeds off of... ability power? Psychic energy? Brain magic? Whatever you call it. As near as we can figure it, that's how he accidentally killed those people." She gave Thomas a consoling glace, he looked sad for real now. "It was like he drained their batteries. Twelve normal people were simply drained dry of an energy that they couldn't spare. The one put in a coma was, we are guessing, already like us or soon to be Reborn. Or at the very least a gifted normal. We'll have to wait and see on that one. Either way Thomas needs training to stop it from happening again."

"Aurius." She said again. Feeling the name on her tongue. She could almost taste the fruit. She looked at the puppy. Would it like to be called Aurius? It would be nice if she could ask it... Aurius... She mused on it a little longer.

"There's not a lot you can do for the headaches sadly. Though after being Reborn as one of us, that would be about now for you guys by the way, the headaches won't come at you unless you strain your abilities too much. So as you get stronger you'll get more leeway. You'll be able to do more without getting any headaches. Other than that you could... I don't know... Eat healthily? Keep hydrated? Maybe that would help. Eats some oranges and apples or whatev-" At this point Yami made a startling discovery. A shocking realization that rocked her down to her core.

Aurius wasn't a fruit.

She had been thinking of Apples.

She giggled to herself in secret.

"Aurius." She smiled. "Maybe."

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

After Yami rewarded Rosca’s clear question with a muddy answer, Rosca decided to stay quiet for a while. Wasting her breath on half-baked crazies who just might kill her in a fit of illogical rage—there were cooler ways of leaving the mortal coil. She shook her head at Lance, who seemed just as unhappy with the situation and hung behind the group, riding her bike slowly from a distance far enough to block Yami out of her view, while being close enough to hear everyone speak. Well, mostly to hear Tailor whine. He seemed to have a thing for hotdogs.

“Is that why he asked us to go to that sausage stall? I guess anything can be a portal to hell these days.”

She took in the world’s scenery, initially awed by how wrong and out of place everything felt, then amazed at the realization that even glass roads and bomb zones looked normal after spending enough time surrounded by strangeness. Rosca’s nose wrinkled at the scent of burnt wires, burnt garbage, burnt everything.

“Yep, won’t be surprised if a forked tail shoots out of Yami’s ass.”

Eventually the pack of misfits began to peel away from the confines of the urban area, led by Yami into Bumfuck, Nowhere. Then again, Rosca decided this was much better than the shadowy confines of a dying city. They went inside the house.

What Rosca found inside was rather soothing; an entire menagerie of small animals, clinging onto plastic leaves or hiding behind dead-wood branches. It was rather soothing, compared to what they had to walk through only a few minutes before. She parked her bike close by the door and waited to see just who Myriad was.

"Watch your step. I stood on a spider once and we fought for like... two days," said Yami.

“We?”

Unsurprisingly, a disembodied voice answered Yami. The voice belonged to yet another weirdo, though her strangeness mitigated by the puppy she held to her conspicuously tattoed boob. It was a cool tattoo. Eventually Tailor joined in on the conversation, complete with many angry feels. It was a long conversation, complete with enough information to make Rosca’s head ache… literally. She wasn’t too sure, but there was one point where Ms. Boob Tat invaded her mind. Rosca sorely wished her mind could grow a foot so she could kick the invader’s ass.

Of course, things all went to shit again. A disappeared roof, a spreading darkness, and now, a search for someone called Quail-Man.

Rosca sprinted to her bike, only to realize, as her foot touched the ground in the second step, that they were back where it all began. She bought a hotdog and chewed it very thoughtfully on the ride home because she was pretty damn sure that if she didn’t, her mouth would be hanging open all the while, torn between laughing wildly and mouthing the words “Was that real?” over and over and over again.

--------------------------

“So… powers, huh.”

Rosca threw a dirty sock into the hamper, smiling as the thing fell in dead center. Around her were various articles of other dirty clothing that she had yet to clean; her room was beginning to resemble a landfill. This was in stark contrast to the garage, which was immaculately organized and with nary a grease stain in sight.

The door to her room opened with a bang; Rosca’s mother took one look at the potential biohazards her daughter seemed to be harbouring and was about to open her mouth to deliver one hell of a sermon.

Then Rosca got a bright idea. Maybe if she tried hard enough—she locked eyes with her mom and tried to plant thoughts of forgiveness and distraction, but all she got in return was a very angry glare. Rosca’s never stared down a charging bull before; she imagined this came pretty damn close.

And just like that, her weekend was wasted washing clothes that should have been washed a week ago.

------------------------------------

Once again, the Myriad Maniacs – because what else could they be, taking Yami’s invitation – gathered in an abandoned warehouse. Joey and Dahlia decided to get smart and ask for some useful information. Though the fact that this information was going to be coming from Yami was less than ideal.

“So you’re saying normal people have what we have, since Thomas drained them of it… but we have more? So what’s stopping normal people from getting more of what we have?”

Rosca stared at the puppy, idly wondering whether animals had powers too. So she asked it. This seemed to be turning into a habit, and only time would tell whether it was a good one or a foolishly dangerous thing to do.

“I’d call that dog Cerberus just in case… because I sure as shit wouldn’t be surprised if that thing turns into something dangerous. Do animals have powers too?”

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Yami stared at Rosca for a while. She asked difficult questions. Yami wasn't some scientist, or an expert in mumbo-jumbo and brain powers. All she knew was what she had felt. So she told her that. "All living things have it. That something we have. When you learn how to use Raid, you'll feel it when you venture out towards things. Where it comes from? I don't know. I guess just... Life? Or something? Dead things have lost it. Dispersed it. It goes... elsewhere. But living things hold it tight. That's what makes Thomas' ability so strange. He takes it. Tears it from them. So yes. Normal people have it. Everyone does. Everything. But we have more. Yeah." She hesitated for a moment. Unsure how to continue. "There's a sort of... limit. To how much things can hold or... use? Most things have enough to live and that's it. Just enough to have life. We have plenty to spare. And the more you use it the more accustomed your body and mind become to using it. And you can use more. You become stronger..." 

She took a moment to try and remember where she was going with this answer. What was the question again? Something about... humans. Normal humans. Normal. She never liked the word normal. Normal people were always trying to make her normal. The unexceptional always try to tie everyone down to their levels. But she'd never wanted that. Never accepted it. She wanted to fly. Un-tethered. So she did. Life could be so much better than normal. Why didn't 'normal' people see that? Maybe it was because they did have enough powe- "Ah. Yeah!" She exclaimed happily, her train of thought finally catching up with the question. "What's to stop normal people getting more? Nothing. Nothing really. They just don't. Until they do. Then they are us. Us or 'weaker' versions of us. And I say weaker like that because... Well... They are. But they aren't. Not really. They just can't use Reach, Raid AND Ruin. Some humans are born with access to one of them. They can't become Regal. They can't learn the others. But since they have just the one ability instead of three to train... well... they can be incredibly skilled at that one thing. Maybe I can introduce you all to some of them at some point if you need more specific training. I know a few people... We'll see. Won't we? Yes. We will." Yami kind of drifted off for a moment.

She began trying to pick out the friends of hers who might be good teachers. Elias would be pretty good she thought. Good, but strict. Of course he'd have to take some time off from the whole 'organized crime' thing. That could be a hard sell. His boss might need him... Maybe Sid would be up for a bit of Ruin tuition. He'd never really found a use for his Ruin in civilized society, but he could fight like an animal. A very strong, very angry animal. Animal? Animals! "Animals is a whole other thing..." Yami continued. As thought she'd just been wondering how to phrase it."Technically it should be possible... but I've never heard of it. It'd have to be an exceptional animal. And even then it would all come down to luck. And since animals aren't as intelligent as humans... The chances are even lower. But it should be possible if you found an animal that had somehow broken it's natural limiter like we have. Maybe like... a cat, bred specifically to be more sensitive to it. If it's family line had... like... generations of contact with one of us or something... technically it could be do-able. But... Imagine a psychic spider. Or snake. That's not a world I want to live in." A small shiver ran up her spine. She added the name Cerberus to the list she'd been making. If she could somehow give the dog two more heads it would be perfect.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Claire - Home Visit - 2 Days Ago

Another day at the office, so to speak, on the forums where some retards came on and was fangirling about sequels to tremendously bad movies with over the hill actors and ones that are coming out 10-20 or so years after the last. Some shit just won't die. "Another movie about a bunch of mercs played by old ass stars pretending they're still action stars, seriously, what do you see in that shit? Talk about a horrible taste in movies." Quail-Man commented, referring to twit crushing on the expendables. "And don't get me started on Beetlejuice. Original was great but it's been 30 years, it's going to be crap. Just a bunch of wash out actors trying to beat father time in attempt to collect another paycheck. Watching the special olympics will be more entertaining than that filth." she continued.

After an hour of tearing into their favorites, suffice to say they were quite pissed, and posting photo shopped pictures of their favorite actors in highly offensive situations didn't exactly help either. If them rage quitting wasn't enough of an indication. When they left, she signed. It started getting boring awfully fast, especially when the same exact people fall for the same exact traps and end up repeating themselves quite often. Had enough for the day, she decided to sign off and start up a game. Just as she was getting into it, she heard a loud voice shouting and ruining her rhythm. "Ah Shut the hell up y-"  just before she finished her sentence, she stopped. What did he just say? Did he just say.... Stunned at the sound of her username being blurted out, she froze as she wondered just how in the hell did he know where she lived let alone her username.

Keeping quiet, she sneaked over to the basket near the door and pulled out an umbrella. Not one of those cheap ones that were quite flimsy, mind you, but one with a real solid metal pole, something that will hurt quite a damn bit when used as a weapon. Holding it tight by the canopy, making sure the metal pole was sticking out in case she needed to down someone, she moved closer towards the sound of the voice, staying out of sight. "Who are you and What do you want?" she said raising her voice, whom despite the situation, barely maintained her public persona, not knowing who might be there. Raising the umbrella in preparation to strike, she awaited his response.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Two Days ago ~ Claire's House.

At last. A response. Thank f**k for that. He'd really been thinking everyone was out, despite Yami claiming there was someone in. Tailor went back to the window and shouted again. "My name is Tailor. I'm from the Myriad website. I'm Myriads friend. I just want to talk to you. Ask you some questions. Find out if you'd be interested in this thing we've got going on. There's some pretty bad-ass benefits to joining us. And I don't mean a foot-ball shaped phone. Though I could probably manage to get you one of those if you wanted... Anyways, you'll probably think we're crazy, but if you hear us out... well at least it'll be worth a laugh if you think we're a few sandwiches short of a picnic, right?"

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Everything was so surreal. From the moment Yami revealed herself and her powers to the trip through time to meet Myriad. She was quite the woman. All of it was just fascinating to Dexter. Yet, at the same time, Dexter was utterly terrified. He could not believe what his eyes were lying upon.

Super Humans

Or maybe just inhuman, who knows. His mind went to work trying to make sense of everything that was happening. Logically, none of this should be possible. The human mind can only use 10% of the brain, period. There is no fixation of using 10% at a time. So how can we possibly be able to do these things.? Was it evolution? Some explosion? Did "God" bless us with these gifts? "What the heck is going on here?!" He just wanted answers.

The entire night, he tossed and turned thinking about what he saw and how to handle it. He did not feel good about being thruster into a situation he did not choose for himself. He had a plan. College dreams and starting a software company is what he was working hard towards. Nothing in his plans said save the world. So, why was he chosen for this? "No, it's my life. I'm living it how I want to live. So screw the world, I'm sticking to my plans."

Two days later, Dexter was sitting, and sulking at the decision he made. Not only was he there with the rest of the online crew, but he also defied the very words he swore to. Good thing his parents were very busy with work and a little story about finally making friends and a little lie before hand kept him out of trouble. It was easy to just say he was so happy to have friends that he lost track of time. His parents almost felt sorry for him. The kind of pity that made Dexter feel bad about himself. But here he was, about to learn how to become a super hero. The chills going down his spine seemed like he grew spikes all over his body. Dexter was shaking in his shoes.

"I have a question." He said after letting the others ask their questions. "Raid, Reach and Ruin are pretty self explanatory. Regal, however seems to much deeper. How does one 'become Regal,' as you put it? Is it a random ability that shows up that we innately have? Is it something we develop and create ourselves......like in this one Manga I read where the people in the story created their own personal ability with the discovery of the powers they had." This was something he wondered about during the entire time they were apart. How exactly could he help everyone. "To be frank, just to give us more of an example, what is your Regal as well as Dragon Lady's. Maybe we can understand our future from your present......future......"

Then something else popped into his head as he was talking about the powers. "What about the effects of the powers on others. How they are driven to extreme pridefulness and all that stuff. Is it really the effect of the power of just people just knowing they can do things others can't? I mean, it seems more people just enjoy being better than others. What is it that kept us from getting drunk on power? And how did you know that's we weren't drunk on power when we tried to stop those guys?"
Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
So, the group had decided to follow Yami and The Flying Temper Tantrum. An hour of walking through a seemingly damaged Okahame that seemed more like a dreamscape than something that was real and the group found themselves in a run-down warehouse in the middle of a field far in the Outlands. The inside of the warehouse was far from your expected abandoned-warehouse decor. In fact it looked like the warehouse was fighting a battle with the surrounding nature, and by the looks of it, the warehouse was on the losing end of an absolute beatdown. Foliage coated nearly every corner of the warehouse, and the sheer variety of types of plants was mindboggling for Lance at first. That's not even drawing attention to the animals. Critters of many shapes and sizes were scattered around the warehouse. Some eyed the newcomers with guarded suspicion, while others just carried on as if the pack of people didn't even exist.

"Oooookay then..." Lance whispered under his breath.

Some other girl who had been hidden in the shrubbery stepped into view. She had dark hair, an angular face, and a large tattoo on her chest.

The new female proved to be exponentially better at explaining the situation than Yami had. The dark haired gal was actually none other than Mriad, and the ruined Okahame that they were currently in was none other than three years in the future. Myriad, Yami, and Future Tailor came up with a plan to utilize the curious chat-group to prevent the... well, destruction of Okahame. According to Future Myriad, this is all mostly the result of Present Myriad. She wanted us to stop her without killing her. Simple enough, right?

Future Yami went into a pared down explanation of how they gathered the group together, followed by Myriad somehow projecting the beginning of the end. Supposedly "us" or the group currently gathered by Future Myriad, Future Yami, and Future Tailor are the key to stopping this mess. She let the group feel what it's like for the first wave of the people utilizing their crazy power. While giving these people power like gods, it was also a corrupting power. It gave them an arrogance and disregard for others that made Lance a little sick to his stomach. Sure, being selfish is okay every now and then, but Lance lived his life with the motto that most everyone is deserving of a certain degree of respect; that despite their inherent vices, people could do good. These corrupted feelings were the antithesis to that. These powered up individuals were behest only to their own whims and desires, regardless of the cost to others.

While Myriad had showed us just what we were dealing with, she said she had also "flipped a switch" per se, and that we would be Reborn soon enough. Headaches were to be expected, but long story short, we get our powers before we should, we train up, we prevent this future. If he weren't surrounded by would-be allies, Lance felt he might actually be overwhelmed. 

The rendezvous was cut short by a few of what were easily assumed to be the group's would be adversaries. The group was dumped back into their time without too much guidance. "Find Quail-Man", a task Tailor took upon himself. Despite how confused he was on the outset, Lance couldn't argue the guy had a knack for tracking down people.

- - - -

As Lance made his way to the warehouse where the chat group had met Myriad three years from now, he rolled the past two days of playing with his powers in his mind.

Upon heading back to his apartment, Lance pulled out a notebook and flipped to an empty page and took notes on everything that had happened until this point, and then he wrote down each of the chat groups' physical characteristics and their personalities at first impression. Thinking of the long game, Lance was betting on everyone else to pick one or two of the powers to specifically work on or be talented with and tried to draw a parallel between their personality and what powers that might be so that he knew just what areas the group may be lacking in. Several hours of conjecture later and he'd made no progress. Though he could make a rough guess as to what they might be incline towards, there were no certainties. Leaning over to look at his clock mounted on the wall, the faint light filtering through his blinds illuminated the hour hand is it slowly crept towards the five. He'd been at it all night and a chunk of the morning. Releasing an exasperated sigh, Lance came to his answer. If he couldn't predict what weaknesses the group would have, he'd strive to cover all the bases.

After a short 5 hour rest and small breakfast Lance sat down at his computer desk and decided to start practicing with the power that concerned him the most. Raid, the ability to influence someone elses mind. Though far less physically threatening than Reach or Ruin, the potential to have ones mind read or worse gave him chills. Unsure of how to even work on such an ability, Lance turned off any noise in his room and closed his eyes. Trying to clear his mind, he imagined building a wall around his thoughts. Slowly, rythmically, like a stone mason enjoying his work. When he opened his eyes he realized he'd been sitting in the dark for almost four hours. With no way of knowing whether it'd worked or not he stood up to stretch. Rather, he tried. As soon as his legs fully extended his head exploded like someone had just drove a nail directly into his brain. His knees buckled and he collapsed to the floor. Gritting his teeth to avoid screeching in pain, Lance lay there in agony for what felt like a couple of hours. When the pain had subsided to the dull thrum he'd had since the encounter in the "future" he slowly climbed to his feet. Glancing at his wall clock again, barely 5 minutes had past. The realization crept upon him that it was likely every power would result in crippling pain. It was going to be a long two days.

Next up was the one Lance was most interested in giving a try, Reach. Since he had only just been Reborn he settled on what he thought would be the simplest use of reach. Taking a lighter that he had from his younger years when he smoked, he spun the spark wheel and the flame appeared. Gently setting it on his desk Lance stared intently at the flame. Lance entirely on the flame as it danced lightly in the slight breeze in his room. Lance stared at it for an hour, willing it to extend upwards. The flame responded, if ever so slightly. Or he thought it did. With something as fickle as flame he couldn't be sure. Well, he thought he couldn't. Pain struck again, this time more than just a headache. Yeah, the headache was there, but the worst part was the muscle pain and cramping. Of course it'd be more than a headache, Reach strains the user both physically and mentally. Straining, Lance cut the flame on the lighter before it set fire to the apartment.

Fearing that his muscles would backfire if he moved, Lance stayed hunched over his desk for roughly 20 minutes contemplating just how his life got so miserable so fast. In jest, of course. Despite the agonizing pain he had to admit that getting tangled in this mess was thrilling. Certainly more interesting than his boring life up until now. Well, relatively boring. Deciding he'd abused his body enough for the day, Lance logged onto the chat and shot out a message to the room.

Spoiler

Mentioning the powers directly would just be asking for it from present Myriad, and Lance was fairly sure he'd mentioned that he often goes on jogs in the mornings. It wouldn't be too far of a logical leap to say he goes to the gym as well. He doesn't, but that's another story.

Lance arrived to the warehouse a bit late to the party, observing nearly everyone else already in attendance except Tailor. He must've slowed down while he was lost in thought.

"Sorry for my tardiness," he said, and then remained silent while Yami explained Reach, Ruin, and Raid in more specific terms. Felt like he had the right idea with Reach and Raid before, but he never did try Ruin yet. He kinda put it off a bit too much and now the chance to play with it by himself was gone. No matter, they were here to train, no? He'd get his practice in.

The conversation carried on with Joey and Dahlia asking of Yami's expertise while the rest quietly listened. Rosca chimed in with a fairly smart question, and a pretty cute idea for a name for the puppy. Dexter chimed in with his own questions, the second question was a very good one. What is preventing US from succumbing to this "corrupting influence" that affects other Reborn. Did we just win some sort of Superhuman Lottery, or was there more to it? Did it have something to do with genes, or something about personal experiences?

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Claire - Home Visit - 2 Days Ago

Tailor...... That douche from the forums, who claims to be a friend of Myriad's, is him? Tightening her grip on the umbrella's canopy... If she wanted to hit him before, she wanted to do so more, especially with his horrible fucking jokes. 'You'll probably think we're crazy' What makes you think that? You were only Tracking someone down from the net to their house and peering through their window while yelling, totally not crazy... she thought sarcastically as she started twitching with anger. Taking another deep breath, she successfully managed to switch back to her facade. "From Myriad, you say? Well that's a surprise, to think I'd be able to meet someone from online outside in the real world." she faked a laugh.

After pausing for a moment, she spoke again. "How rude of me of to make a guest wait outside. Please do come in so we can discuss this further, I believe I'll humor you for awhile. Give me a moment." she said in a polite and proper tone as she went to unlock the door and hid behind it. When he took the offer and walked in first, she came out from behind the door and slugged Tailor as hard as she could in the back of the head with the metal rod of the umbrella, catching him by surprise. Once he was down and out she stood over him and started laughing manically. "Hah, you piece of shit! You honestly thought I'd let you of all people inside just like that?! Let alone you of all people?! Only some goddamn retard would, especially if some clearly suspicious fucks from someone website came to their own saying such things. Get real shithead!" she grinned triumphantly as she spouted off a few more obscenities.

"I Believe I hit him hard enough, so secrets safe, huh? Well now, time to call the pol--" she stopped as her grin faded and dropped when the wind blew the door open a bit more, revealing a girl with silver hair staring at her while playing with a puppy on the floor. "...i..ce....Ah....." she slipped, there was more than one.....crap.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Two Days ago ~ Claire's House.

Things had gone less smoothly than Yami had hoped they would. Claire, it turned out, was a bit less friendly than anticipated. The young woman had showed this by beating Tailor about the back of his head with an umbrella. That was sad. Usually Yami would just leave now. Not activate this girl at all. Who knows what she'd be like once Reborn. She might have knocked Tailors head clean off had she been Reborn already. That wouldn't do anyone any good. But Myriad said she could help and Myriad was rarely wrong, especially about people. Her Regal ability made that practically impossible. So, somewhat regretfully, Yami stood. She tucked the puppy away in a large pocket, where it peered out happily.
Walking calmly into Claire's house she looked down at Tailor, unconcerned, and said. "It's unlucky that didn't happen a few days from now. You might not have noticed." With a vague smile as she lifted him to his feet with one hand. Tailor clasped a hand to the back of his head where he'd been hit and groaned.

"Did you see that? This crazy bitch hit me." He threw her an unhappy glare. "Fuck it. Let's just leave. I don't care what Myriad said. Yami? Are you listeni-"

The cold, blank disregard in Yami's eyes was probably scarier than any look of anger. She looked through Claire as she overpowered her with ease, she pushed her against the wall in what looked like a gentle movement with her hand. Like she wasn't there, or didn't matter in the slightest. "Myriad said you could help..." Yami reached into her mind, feeling around for the way to activate this one's powers. She'd never done it before. "I guess we'll see..." A few moments later she figured it out. "Enjoy the headaches." She said, activating Claire's powers. "Come find us if you decide you want them to stop."

"-ami! Helloo! Yami. Are you there? Can you hear me? Did you do it? Can we leave now?" Yami turned and looked at Tailor like she'd forgotten he existed for a while there. She gave him a small smile.

"Sure. We're done here." Yami replied. And the two walked out the door.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Present ~ Warehouse.

Yami looked at Dexter and wondered where to begin. He had a lot of big questions for such a small guy. "Okay. So... Regal powers are sort of... there. But not there... Until you get strong enough to activate them. Unless you're a weird freaky anomaly like Thomas and it manifests itself before you're ready to control it." She flashed Thomas a grin. He looked like he wasn't sure if she was really making fun of him or not. But he hoped not. "Or me." She continued. "I was born Regal. My power is... complicated... It's... It lets me see... Or not see... Let's me uhh... I know the ways to things. Sometimes. I can see you... as an example... you. Dexter. As a powerful user of either of the powers. Reach, Raid or Ruin. And I can see how to get you there. More or less... Because this is a big moment of change there are so many options. Possibilities. Things that could change. You deciding you like the sound of Raid might create a ripple. Make someone else want to specialize in something else. Things change things. And who know what you'll be up against. How you'll shape them, and vice-versa. But I see the pathways through. Sometimes... Like I said. It's complicated. I'm not even sure what I'd call it. I don't see the future. I see... things. Events that could happen. Most don't. But I could make them happen. Usually. When there were less Reborn and Rarities around it was a lot easier to make things happen. Less interference from others... As a kid I would set up big complex collisions of people and places in order to get myself into a theme park and such. Of course, I could just walk in. Or fly. But where's the fun in that?" She smiled.

What else had he asked? Something about a Dragon. Dragon Lady. That was... strange. Even by Yami's standards. "I don't know any dragons." She said. Hopefully that would answer that. She could move on to something else...

OH! Yes. The other thing. The other big question. It was a good one. "The other thing... About if the powers actually effect peoples mind. Or. If maybe... people are just dicks. Uhh... That's a question lots of people have wondered over the years. The last time there was a big wave of people being Reborn all at once, like now, they set themselves up as Roman gods. Which... seems indulgent. But if you heard any of those stories... They were quite harsh on regular people. More-so than most would be. Some people think that is kind of proof that it messed with their heads. Coming more towards modern day..."

She stopped talking for a moment. It was plain to see on her face that she was grasping for something in the depths of her memory. Who had told her? Probably Old Red. If it was Old Red that would mean that she was talking abo... Yeah. Okay. Yami's face lit up as she remembered. "A good few years ago now, like over ten or twenty or something. I'm not sure... A long time.  There was this one Raid Rarity who followed a Reborn around. This particular Reborn focused on the more flashy powers, Reach and Raid, and was completely lacking in Raid. So the Rarity out matched them to a ridiculous level. So they would just kept deleting themselves from the Reborn's memory if they got caught or seen. So they followed them around and just watched as they went about their business. They saw their mind slide out of it's own control. So yeah... It's actually a thing that happens. And it's also true that people are dicks. And some would be like that anyway, even without it affecting them. So it's impossible to tell really to what degree their behaviour is in or out of their control..."

The last question was the most interesting. Because Myriad had not really explained this. "How do I know you guys didn't, or won't, go out of control? Well... Simply put. I don't. What I know is Myriad connected to you all at some point. She found out that the thing that infects your mind was much weaker or simply absent in you guys for some reason. Other than that, well. It's just gunna come down to your personalities. You guys died before you ever really got going in the other timeline. So who knows. This plan could backfire in a major way. Maybe you're all about to get a head start on the big bad's from the other timeline and turn out stronger and much worse than they ever were. But it's the best plan we have. So we're taking the chance. That's all there is to it. Just hoping it works out."

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 01 July 2016 - 12:34 PM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Dexter listened to her explanations. By now, her sporadic way of speaking became easier to understand. By easier to understand, I mean he didn't have to think about it for long afterwards for it to make sense. The main point of all of this is that there really was no concrete evidence to the group being who future Yami said they were. They had no proof to make it fact. Yami was clear about it yet they decided to put their faith into them regardless. Faith like that usually comes from a dire situation and if the future they saw was of any indication, Dexter needed to step up. Dexter was frightened.

"Wow, that's....a lot of pressure." Looking up at Yami, he was lost. He measured her from head to toe. Even for a woman, she was physically superior in every way. She was confident and calm. All things he was not. Yet she, like Myriad and the others from the future, put their hopes in him....more of less. Plus, this was the closest thing to friends he had ever had. He needed to deliver. He needed to be useful. He needed to be smart.

He turned and walked towards a corner and sat on a crate on the other side of the room. Dexter, then, deliberated on the basics of their abilities, "Raid, Ruin, Reach. All of these are things I am capable of. Yet, there is no reason for me to strive to reach the pentacle of all three. That is inefficient.". Picking up his palms, his eyes scanned his hands. He moved them around for a little while before closing his fist and thrusting his left arm forward for a straight punch. "I don't know how to throw a punch!! The revelation sort of annoyed him. "It would be pointless to focus on Raid. But I already knew it. I'm small. Not just short but small as well. I'm sure I could learn to fight and make use of Ruin later, but it's not for me right now. I need...." Going back to the introduction of everything, he remembered the explanation of Raid. How it was about the mind. The limits of it seemed large enough to study and it would make use of his strengths as well.

"Raid it is then.". He sat down and tried to become as calm as possible. He looked over at Yami and just focused on her. In his mind he repeated one word over and over again. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. He focused on her and making a connection to her. He needed to reach her and make her hear his thoughts. Making a link.
Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Warehouse

Yami stood, waiting to see if anyone else had questions. There didn't seem to be anyone stepping forward. She guessed that meant she'd done a good job. She gave a lazy smile and congratulated herself. She was usually not good at telling people things. Generally she forgot, or thought she'd already told them. But not this time. This time she'd done good. It was as she was just thinking about how good she had done that she felt a little something. A little something tickling at her Raid walls. A small tendril of Raid trying to bore its way through to her. She reached out to it with her own Raid, gently taking hold of it and following back to it's source. It was Dexter. She connected to his mind. "Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, Awesome."

"Hey." She said, cutting in to his endless stream of Awesome's. "Looks like you're starting to get a feel for Raid... I've never heard of the 'awesome' technique, before but I guess it works for you? I suppose it makes sense... Something to concentrate on... Like a mantra..." The voice in Dexters head was the same as normal Yami, but with an added hint of dreams. Like her voice merged with a light breeze and an echo on its way over. People often sounded different in Raid. It was a more... flexible way of speaking. You aren't constrained by things like physical bodies and the voice box you just so happen to have been born with. You project what your mind sounds like. "Keep at it," She continued. "You're on the right path."

Just then Tailor finally made his appearance. He didn't look all that happy. He walked over to Yami. "We might have a problem. There's, uhh, there's something we kinda forgot. What with everything that was going on. I was out of commission with the headaches, my phone died. You know. It's been pretty go, go, go the past few days..." Yami responded with a quizzical look. Tailor pulled out his phone and handed it to her. "I don't think she'll be happy."

Spoiler

"Ah." Yami breathed the word more than spoke it.

"There's more." Tailor said flatly. "It goes on for a while." He and Yami shared a look.

"You're right, she won't be happy. We have a lot to tell her."

"I'll start writing an apology-speech. A speepology? Speechology. Apoleech? Whatever. Something to let her know how sorry we are and catch her up on what's going on." Tailor said with a grave face and a sigh. Yami nodded.

"So what's this about people on the news?" She asked, hoping to change the topic. That conversation was going to be awkward enough without sitting around thinking about it before it happened. Tailor took his phone back, pulled up Myriads website on it and handed it back over.

Headed with the Myriad logo, the front page of Myriad's website was a familiar sight to Yami. She'd been visiting the website for ages. Always looking out for new activity, covered up news stories about Regals or Rarities. She'd known the site was important somehow, but not anything specific. Finally it had payed off. A whole new group of friends just like her. It was nice. Her eyes glanced past the links to Myriads various internet locations and found the newest article. "Insta-mob. Just add water." Underneath the title was a picture of multiple bodies, either unconscious or dead, on the pavement. there they lay in the pouring rain amid broken glass and some shell casings. All were injured. That much was clear from the red that leaked out of their bodies, merging into the puddles from the falling rain.

Spoiler

"Yes, that last bit is definitely aimed at me. I am the f**k."

"I won't disagree if you won't."

"Ouch."

Two weeks later - Warehouse

"The man who watched, the man who walked.

It's been two weeks since the quiet riot brought a little slice of hell to the store fronts of 5th Rise. Those responsible have been tried and jailed. They were, by all accounts, entirely confused by the turn of events. They were cooperative with the questioning and all the general proceedings, but they also all claimed to know nothing of what really took place. All except one man. The man who watched. The man who stood calmly in the center of the crowd and simply observed. That man was uncooperative. Uncooperative in that he said nothing. At all. In the two weeks that he has been held by the police he hasn't uttered a word. He's just been watching. People, things whatever. Just like the day of the riot he is simply watching. I really don't know what to make of this man. He's certainly a strange one. As far as I can tell the O-PD agree with me. They seemed to not want to let him go, but they have the CCTV footage from the incident proving the man did not commit any of the violent crimes that happened that day. So out he goes. Back into the world. Any time now he'll be released. Maybe he's wandering around Okahame as you are reading this. Probably just watching more stuff. I don't know. There was something strange going on. Maybe one day we'll find out. And with that anti-climactic ending. I am done.

Signing Off.
~Myriad."

Myriad let out a sigh. She must have re-read this damned post at least twenty times. It just wasn't... interesting. The facts were there. It was following up on something she'd reported on before. There was just... Nothing strange aside from an eccentric man. No cover up. No corruption. Gah. She stretched her arms to the sky and yawned, Aurim shuffled about. She'd forgotten he was there, she'd so rudely moved the leg he was resting against. The pup seemed to like her. He'd gotten a little bigger since they first met. She scratched him behind the ears. "It'll do." She mumbled to herself, dissatisfied. She put the article up on her site.

Around the Warehouse a couple of beep-boop's went off as people's phones tried to tell them about a new myriad post. Myriad smirked to herself. It was always entertaining knowing that she could make peoples phones beep-boop. She wondered how many other peoples phones beep-booped around the city. Glancing around the Warehouse was getting more and more interesting as time passed. It had become something of a clubhouse by now and everyone had been putting their own little touches on the place. Yami had acquired some old but comfy sofas which had been set up in one corner. She said they were free, but not how or where she got them. Myriad wasn't certain whether to trust them or not. Yami could have pulled them from a landfill for all she knew. And it was a perfectly Yami thing to do. Tailor didn't have the same concerns. He was currently lazily lying face down on one of the sofas in some sort of... Well, judging by the debris and crumbs on the floor around him, it was probably a snack induced coma. Nearby they had made a make-shift worktop out of a few chests of drawers pushed together into a line. Tailor had brought the bit of deep red carpet that covered a section of the cement flooring from somewhere.

Yami was over near the back of the warehouse, in what had become a kind of training zone, sat atop an old burned out car that she'd bought in from just outside. She was lifting the car with Reach while sat on it and keeping it perfectly still in mid air. She'd been there for, what, three hours? Her training was insane. Myriad was feeling the mental pain and fatigue just thinking about it. She really was in a different league. But we'll catch up, she thought to herself.

Myriad knew she should really get down to some training herself. But she couldn't right now. She wasn't focused. There was something about that man from the little riot that she just couldn't shake. Her investigative mind just wouldn't let it go. Perhaps it was something to do with all these new powers? She hadn't revealed those on her website yet though. So she had avoided that theory in her article. But if he was like them she felt the need to do something. The guy was probably freaked out. Accidentally making people fight, and watching as they die, would be a terrifying experience for anybody. No wonder he hadn't said a word. But she had answers now, answers the man could use. Just look at Thomas. He'd done something similar. But he was learning now how to stop it from happening again. The mysterious silent man could do the same. She pulled out her phone and got onto the new Myriad chat-room that the group had been using.

Spoiler

Yami let the car drop with a crash. She stepped, cat-like, down along a strange staircase of a bent door frame and half a melted wheel and walked slowly over to the seating area. Her laptop floated over and opened up in front of her as she absentmindedly sat down on Tailor's legs. She only noticed when he let out a muffled grumble into the cushion. There was a moment when Myriad genuinely had no idea if Yami was going to move from being on his legs or not. She did. She found herself a seat on one of the chest's of drawers and began typing something quite intently.

Spoiler

Tailor grinned. It was rare he got to be such a 'Tailor' and see peoples reaction live. He wondered what kind of face Yami was making after that conversation. He turned around to take a look. She was asleep on the worktop.

OOC:

Spoiler