Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Random thoughts/SHOUT SOMETHING RANDOM!!!

• Please log in to reply
535881 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Hmmm... I guess 4, or 3 if I exclude the phone like you say.

My desktop, my laptop, my MP3 player.

There's also a dinky gamepad I have for my phone that I might care about the charge of if I was going to play emulated games on my phone, too.

Technically in this situation I might also consider the PS4 if I'd been using it recently (in case I had slept it with some game on without reaching a save point which I don't do too much of but happens occasionally).

Basically, yeah, aside from having the smartphone I'm still living like I did when I had a flip-phone, thank you very much :'p

Edited by pokari, 16 September 2019 - 07:16 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Last night I didn't play Valkryite chronicles 4. I did however romanticized about playing Vk 3

It's strange... the idea of playing videos as more romantic than the actual feelings of playing the game itself.

I suppose it's the mailaise of modernity - unwillingness to fight a good war.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I mean, when fantasizing about playing/having played a game one often tends to remember the only best parts of the experience. How you felt, back then, at the height of things—the same sort of memory fallacy that gives us people talking about the good ol' days regardless of whether the old days were good or bad.

It's not that the future is bleak, it's that the past holds some particular thing we're longing for and don't know how to get again.

Not totally dissimilar to when you're in a foreign country and want that one particular food from back home that honestly maybe you wouldn't have even said you especially liked at the time, but now somehow the fact that you can't have it is driving you crazy. Except instead of food you left in another country, it's some feeling or sensation or some such you had had in the past.

Edited by pokari, 19 September 2019 - 06:06 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I haven't travelled outside of the country much, mainly because I hate the hassle of waiting at airports :(

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Open google earth, look at things, and done

Travelling is overrated tbh

All the pretty places from the pictures are usually tourist traps anyways,

youre much better of just looking for a more remote country side town,

see some pretty hills or rivers or sth,

and at that point you could just do the same inside your own country.

I invite everyone reading this to the Batoto discord https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy 

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

or you can goto vegas

experience the Venetian canals right there  

there's miniature versions of new york and paris  too

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
A lot of the fun stuff in other countries isn't the nature per se (though that can be fun too) but the culture shock you get along the way. Also the food. And some other stuff you can't get as much on a road trip inside your own country.

Vegas isn't a bad idea, though. To my understanding you can visit a bunch of really fancy buildings and whatnot with free access and lots of nice free amenities (free food and drinks even in some places I think), so long as you don't hang around long enough to make it obvious that you're not actually really much planning on gambling there.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

So I stayed up past midnight playing and valkryie chronicles 3 on the the psp emulator. I feel like it's been too long since I've continued on with my save states (which remarkably worked). I an now on chapter 8, which is a bit less than half way through. 

I realized that I now play games for the nostalgia of gaming. And to relive some of those long lost feelings of deep immersion.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
So long as you can actually grasp that feeling again it's all good.

Nostalgia is sometimes a more powerful emotion than playing the thing in the first place ever brought, I think.

Edited by pokari, 23 September 2019 - 04:51 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

And the nostalgia is gone... I remember how hard the game was ... why do I even try

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
:​(

*hugs*

Edited by pokari, 24 September 2019 - 06:59 PM.

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well if youre emulating you can just cheat

Spoiler

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Cheating... Now there's something I enjoyed more as a kid, come to think of it.

Somewhere along the line I must have succumbed to society's idea that cheating in a single-player game is unfair (despite how inherently ridiculous that idea is).

Well, these days it behooves me to have a good feeling for game balance for the sake of my ostensible profession, so I suppose it's just as well on that particular point.

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well as an avid modder I say,

both modding and cheating are manipulating the game to a state which you find more enjoyable,  which is completely fine,

But if you do it in an online game, where you are making the game less enjoyable for someone else,

youre being a dick.

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
I do have to cheat to advance the storyline sometimes. But then the stories just become meh... I mean, how many angst-ridden chip-on-the-shoulder male protag trying to save the world story can you go through before you want to write the story yourself.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I can imagine.

I've only played VK1 but while I absolutely loved the unique direction the art and gameplay took, and the world-building was nice, the story, insofar as I can even remember it over its blandness, was a mix of super-generic military conflict and milquetoast shounen "win stuff, save folks, incidentally get girls' adoration".

It was enough to hold together the rest of the stuff but it wasn't something to write home about.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

so vk3 was a bit more interesting than vk1. Vk3 is like power of friendship on the battlefield. There's also more character development. But some of those battles are rough... many times I can't figure out the trick and I end up just brute forcing it. So I either get it (in which I get an S) or I couldn't (in which Il get a C).

Speaking of which, man, yesterday was a blast. Driving up an hour one way and getting stuck for traffic for hour and a half one way, experiencing the rudeness of commuters during rush hour... Just to spend half hour in the government building to get the rental permit, for my uncle. 

Well at least the two hour vk3 kinda made up for it... I sometimes wonder if hiring a hit man is a solution to human problems. The eternal standoff between renters and landlords for example.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Marco

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Polo

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

so i got stuck with vk 3 - mission chapter 8 assassination of maximilian (yes, hearkens back to the original vk1 ). I mean, I can brute force it, (hacking the AP points w/ cheatengine to give my tank unlimited turns) to advance the plot (or what semblance of a plot- more like band of brothers with background romance for your choice between the two female leads).