Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thoughts on the recent chapters

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Failure-chan

Failure-chan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
Any thoughts on the Representative Battle of the Rainbow?

Personally, I have not watched the anime and most of my knowledge relies on the manga. I'm excited about seeing the Arcobaleno in their adult forms, the ones I haven't seen yet anyway, and their abilities.^^

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
Well, only one of the arcobaleno might have their true form back that's what the rule in the batte right? The one who'll win? I'm excited for the battle and to see their true form but what I'm really eager to know is the mystery behind the curse and the silver mask guy. But then again, about the tournament.. it will be a real awesome fight for tsuna's father and the rest are participating in different arcobaleno group.

Failure-chan

Failure-chan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
That is true. And after recently reading a chapter of Viper regaining his adult form and now joining the battle, I'm even more intrigued with the curse. What did cause Viper to regain his adult body, anyway?

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

That is true. And after recently reading a chapter of Viper regaining his adult form and now joining the battle, I'm even more intrigued with the curse. What did cause Viper to regain his adult body, anyway?

It is not Viper.. it is skull!
Remember that Enma was being thrown back by Varia and was in the point of dying, skull then begged for Enma's safety that if there's someone or something who can make the table turn up (He actually said.."present please, present! Can you hear me? Do something Enma's gonna die!") And then he receive a confirmation message that his plea was receive and with that his body changed into his adult form.

I think it's some hidden twist made by the masked guy in the tournament.

Failure-chan

Failure-chan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
Oh yeah, my bad. XP

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Oh yeah, my bad. XP

it's okay. no harm done :)

So what do you think will happen next?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
the next chapter will most likely continue on with the involvement of Enma's family representatives into the games or shift the focus to Tsuna's battle (who's losing). I don't know what'll happen to tsuna but Reborn is unlikely to help

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
yeah, I'm also at my wit's end when it comes to tsuna's fight. On the otherhand, as for reborn although seeing him fight in his adult form is really low (about 30%?) I'm still hoping that it will gradually happen. I bet reborn is cool.. and it's too bad not see such an action led by him.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Well, considering how this is going, I wouldn't be surprised to see Yuni's team winning the battle. I'm no talking about battle power. The other Arcobaleno's, though in child form, can keep on living, but Yuni has some few years left thanks to her curse. In other words, I think the author might do something to fix that for her.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
Talking about whose side will win, I don't have any favorites at all. I think they all deserve the winning price. Yuni- longer life, Others-Back to their normal self. However they are in a game and there should be a winning and losing side no matter what. No grudge to whoever will win for me :>

Now that colonnello in his normal physical appearance and ready to fight, what will happen to tsuna, byakuran and Mukuro's team? He said he can obiterate the three teams in an instant. And yuni also prophesized that on that day there'll be only one team to win, along those lines.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Mmm... But we also have Hibari's situation. The guy is strong. Really strong. I wouldn't be surprised if he single handedly defeated Varia's team. Yeah, I think that might probably be the case. As for the other loosing team... I doubt it'll be Yuni's, and Reborn's (being the main characters and all) is out of the question. That leaves Verde's and Colonelo's team...

Iemitsu is strong, so is Mukuro. I can't predict anything right now...

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Mmm... But we also have Hibari's situation. The guy is strong. Really strong. I wouldn't be surprised if he single handedly defeated Varia's team.

Now, I have no doubt that Hibari is the strongest one of the Vongolas (next to Tsuna, but I don't know), but if he manages to singlehandedly defeat Varia, I will stop reading Reborn.
No matter how strong he is, I think it's absurd, for one guy to defeat a whole team that were even mentioned to have become stronger. If he would be able to defeat them, it would make him too strong and he wouldn't be able to grow anymore (without it being awkward).

As for the arc itself, while I do like it, I think Amano has executed it poorly. There's just too much going on at the same time and it's impossible to focus on multiple fights simultaneously. There's something similar going on in Naruto right now, and Bleach also had it (Aizen), and it's .. distracting.
But does anyone else think the host is strange? I think it was him who cursed the arcobalenos, but why does he now decide to release one of the curse? And the more important question: Who will take that one's place? I don't think the arcobaleno can function with one less. If Uni were to be released from the curse, they'd have no boss.

I think the winner of the tournament will take the arcobaleno's place. Think about it: the winner is the strongest student of an arcobaleno. So it is likely that he'll be able to take the previous' arcobaleno's place.

Edited by dark.chii, 12 January 2012 - 12:07 PM.

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts
If you've read Pinoymanga Scan's version of chapter 368, you've surely noticed that it makes little to no sense. On mangastream, there's a better version out, so you can read it there.

That being said, it seems like both Reborn and Uni are in that tournament for a different reason than releasing their curse. The last page kind of implied that Byakuran will die .. so Uni's team is out. I wonder who else will lose? Definitely not Tsuna, because he has got his plot armor. It could be Mukuro or Hibari, then they could join Tsuna's team.

Was anyone else a bit troubled by Uni's and Gamma's interaction? I always thought he liked her mother ... and besides, isn't she kind of too young for him?

DavisWTG

DavisWTG

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Well, the scans released from Pinoymanga almost never make any sense. I read a different manga once that was scanslated by both Pinoymanga and another group, and that group even bothered to post a direct comparison between their scans and the ones from Pinoymanga on their blog... Before I saw it, I didn't think that such a huge difference would have been possible at all.
But, back to the plot.
If Mukuro's team would lose and Mukuro would join Tsuna's team then, I'd immidiately stop to read the manga. I've considered it multiple times since the end of the Future Arc, but the only two things that kept me reading where two questions, specifically the secret behind the Arcobalenos and the events connected to the first generation of the Vongola. But if Amano decides that Mukuro will 'rejoin' the Vongola, then I wouldn't even care about the mentioned questions any further. Though, I doubt that Mukuro will lose anyways - or else, his huge power-up would have been for nothing. I can kind of imagine that Hibari is going to lose - no matter how strong he is, against the Varia, even he would have problems. And don't forget that Hibari would certainly have trouble if Mammon decides to join the battle. I mean, no matter how well adjusted he is to illusions in the future, if it's the Arcobaleno of Mist that is joining the battle, even he would have severe problems. But then again, if Hibari is defeated here, we wouldn't see Fon's adult form at all, and the whole point behind that present-twist is most likely that Amano wants to show the adult form of everyone. So, I could kind of imagine that Colonello will lose now, too, since we've already seen his power now. But that makes me still wonder how Tsuna will even be able to destroy the watch of his father, given the fact that he barely even scratched him one day earlier. That first fight between the two of them made me wonder, though. I mean, come on, Iemitsu didn't even move an inch when Tsuna punched him in HDWM, and Iemitsu himself didn't even use it at that point - but if you look at the Varia Arc which was shortly before this Arc due to the time travel, he (Iemitsu) was severly injured from the fake Ninth. Now, does this make sense at all? I doubt it...
Though, I didn't even think about wether there will be a replacement for the missing Arcobaleno. In fact, I wonder wether Checker-Face will free one Arcobaleno from his curse at all. The point that made me suspicious about it was that he made that offer immidiately after Reborn told the other Arcobalenos about the one with the clear pacifier - couldn't it be that he just wants to distract them for as long as possible from that pacifier? Given the fact that he had it in the past, it wouldn't be too unlikely...

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

If Mukuro's team would lose and Mukuro would join Tsuna's team then, I'd immidiately stop to read the manga.

Err ... well, Mukuro's in a similar situation as Hibari (meaning, neither of them really admit/want to be part of Vongola). And I believe they're too proud to ask Tsuna to let them join (not to mention they'd be kind of admitting they're friends with him). Unless Tsuna himself asks them.

But then again, if Hibari is defeated here, we wouldn't see Fon's adult form at all, and the whole point behind that present-twist is most likely that Amano wants to show the adult form of everyone.

Really? Every arcobaleno's adult form? Then I can't wait to see Verde's adult form, with his intelligence boosted 200%! Not to mention Uni's adult form! Oh wait ...
Now seriously, I'm not sure if she'll show everyone's adult form. There just are some arcobalenos more popular than others, so she'll probably focus on the more popular ones (of which Fon is part of).

But that makes me still wonder how Tsuna will even be able to destroy the watch of his father, given the fact that he barely even scratched him one day earlier. That first fight between the two of them made me wonder, though. I mean, come on, Iemitsu didn't even move an inch when Tsuna punched him in HDWM, and Iemitsu himself didn't even use it at that point

My theory is that Tsuna held back. I mean, come on, he only knew his father as one lazy bum, so he didn't really want to fight him with all he got, especially after he got all these power ups. Ever since he saw that he'd be up against his father, he didn't really want to fight him, thus the lack of resolve (and we all know resolve is what makes Tsuna strong).
The situation now is different, however. Iemitsu is purposely attacking Tsuna's allies, and he doesn't like that. Therefore I can see Tsuna being more serious about fighting his father. I wonder what Colonello and Lal will do, though, seeing their boss getting attacked.

DavisWTG

DavisWTG

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

If Mukuro's team would lose and Mukuro would join Tsuna's team then, I'd immidiately stop to read the manga.

Err ... well, Mukuro's in a similar situation as Hibari (meaning, neither of them really admit/want to be part of Vongola). And I believe they're too proud to ask Tsuna to let them join (not to mention they'd be kind of admitting they're friends with him). Unless Tsuna himself asks them.

Well, I doubt that Mukuro is like that. The only reason for him to work together with the Vongola in the first place was that Iemitsu ensured Ken's and Chikusa's safety when they escaped from Vendice prison. Of course, this leaves the question why he joined the final battle against Byakuran at the end of the Future Arc, but then again, if he wouldn't have done so, Byakuran might have won it resulting in Mukuro's goal becoming next to impossible.
He only works with Tsuna if there is something to gain from that, but this isn't the case. Since Mukuro was released from the Vendice prison, he hasn't got a reason at all to work with Tsuna, and could still be considered as the villain he was during the Kokuyo Arc, at least that's my point of view. Just helping Tsuna a few times doesn't make him a good guy.

But then again, if Hibari is defeated here, we wouldn't see Fon's adult form at all, and the whole point behind that present-twist is most likely that Amano wants to show the adult form of everyone.

Really? Every arcobaleno's adult form? Then I can't wait to see Verde's adult form, with his intelligence boosted 200%! Not to mention Uni's adult form! Oh wait ...
Now seriously, I'm not sure if she'll show everyone's adult form. There just are some arcobalenos more popular than others, so she'll probably focus on the more popular ones (of which Fon is part of).

Well, if she is going to use such a twist, then it would be the most logical thing to show everyone. Of course, granted, there isn't much to show with Yuni, and that's the reason why she'll most likely lose during the second battle, since there is nothing real to show. But then again, don't you think that Colonello could have fired his rifle even when he is an Arcobaleno? I mean... it's not that being an Arcobaleno makes him unable to fire such a thing. Also, the ability that the shot from the rifle can split itself certainly isn't connected to his Adult form, since Reborn has a similar technique in his Arcobaleno form. Okay, from what I remember it was only shown in the Anime during a filler, but it was confirmed that the story of that filler was written by Amano, so it could also be considered canon. Now then, what did Colonello gain from his adult form, I wonder? Amano may have something she could show for Verde's adult form, even if it doesn't make sense since it could be something he could also do in his Arcobaleno form, just like Colonello. But I think we'll see him as an adult.

But that makes me still wonder how Tsuna will even be able to destroy the watch of his father, given the fact that he barely even scratched him one day earlier. That first fight between the two of them made me wonder, though. I mean, come on, Iemitsu didn't even move an inch when Tsuna punched him in HDWM, and Iemitsu himself didn't even use it at that point

My theory is that Tsuna held back. I mean, come on, he only knew his father as one lazy bum, so he didn't really want to fight him with all he got, especially after he got all these power ups. Ever since he saw that he'd be up against his father, he didn't really want to fight him, thus the lack of resolve (and we all know resolve is what makes Tsuna strong).
The situation now is different, however. Iemitsu is purposely attacking Tsuna's allies, and he doesn't like that. Therefore I can see Tsuna being more serious about fighting his father. I wonder what Colonello and Lal will do, though, seeing their boss getting attacked.

Come on, even IF Tsuna held back, do you seriously think that Iemitsu wouldn't even get a scratch from that? Do you honestly think a bullet could do way more damage than Tsuna's punch when he is in HDWM, even if he held back? I'm not really sure about that...

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

He only works with Tsuna if there is something to gain from that, but this isn't the case. Since Mukuro was released from the Vendice prison, he hasn't got a reason at all to work with Tsuna, and could still be considered as the villain he was during the Kokuyo Arc, at least that's my point of view.

You may be right. Still, there was this scene at the end of the Kokuyo arc where Tsuna slammed his flames imbued gloves into Mukuro's face that left an impression on me. The black thingies on Mukuro's face disappeared afterwards. I thought that scene was meant to show that his 'evil intentions' (or whatever you call it) were purified (thus he changed from being a evil guy into a jerk guy like Hibari :lol: ). But that's just what I thought.

But then again, don't you think that Colonello could have fired his rifle even when he is an Arcobaleno? I mean... it's not that being an Arcobaleno makes him unable to fire such a thing.

It should be hard for an arcobaleno to use that long rifle with their short arms. Reborn doesn't have any problems, since as an assassin, he doesn't use such weapons (only guns, that are way shorter). I think the only thing they gain is height (LOL).

I think I should reread the arc ..

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
My thoughts about chapter 369 (rather late though):
Spoiler

over all i find it a good chapter. I hope tsuna will recover and improve more.

anyways regarding the posts above (Tsuna and Iemitsu):
Tsuna fights his father for real, he actually face him now twice and really give some punches and such to his father. we can't say now that he is not serious. Although, the fact that his emotion is troubling him makes it more harder for him to fight 100% his father. He is mixing his personal and "work" affairs now.

Song-Sword

Song-Sword

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts
I expect the winner to be colonero. He plans on releasing Lal Mirch from the curse, who might have been significantly more popular in the future arc than she ever was before. In order to bring Lal Mirch back as a character, I expect Colonero to win. Reborn just wants to train Tsuna, and might be less effective as an adult. I want yuni to win so she can live longer, even though it would remove the purpose of her character being a sacrifice. There's no real point in verde, skull or marmon winning because they would have about the same effect as an adult as they already have as an arcobaleno