Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Legislature on Loli Loving

mature

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

CountBaltorious

CountBaltorious

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Greetings All,

Due to the reassurance of the lolicon accusation throughout this series and the frequency of the decrying of underage romance.  I CountBaltorious, deem a philosophical forum merited on the subject of:

1. The morality and/or acceptability of young marriage/romantic interactions in "real life"
  2. The morality and/or acceptability of  marriage/romantic interactions with phantoms.

Definition for Debate:  Loli

• Below legal marriage age but above age where reproduction is possible.
  • Using another definition is fine but please state the definition used.

I shall naturally speak from an aristocratic/clan viewpoint which is often lacking in these debates.

I hope that feelings stated in this forum are backed up with some form of moral or intellectual argument to help others see new perspectives.

Personal Maxim that may help facilitate this debate:

• Not everything legal is moral, and not everything illegal is immoral

Supporting Argument: Recall the various actions of the Soviets and Nazis around WWII timeframe as well as the mass human sacrifice of the Aztec empire.  Clearly many laws can be enacted in a tyranny which by following immoral acts are committed.  From the other end, in a state of anarchy everything is legal but clearly there are many immoral actions that can be committed.

LET  BLOOD FLOOD THE FLOOR OF THE FORUM!!!

Edited by CountBaltorious, 16 February 2016 - 03:06 AM.

ActingRikka

ActingRikka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
you say that like ppls who have daughters should get arrested...

Lolis are to be loved, and not just by age.

Japan is full of Loli sized females that's age 16+

Also, I am pretty sure like in this manga, the lolis' are 500+ years old... way pass the age of "legal" (and legal here is just something the government made up of, real feelings shouldn't be restricted by others)
Spoiler Hide

Sexual love towards underdeveloped individuals is a display of selfishness and tyranny towards the target of said love.
You can't force persons in a world they yet do not belong to and still do not (or are trying to) understand, it's wrong.
That is, if I speak following moral; on a less personal level I can say that persons displaying interests in underage individuals are proven to possess mental disorders.
P. S. An individual is composed both of body and personality , if a girls shows the body of a 10 years old girl and acts like one, it does not matter if she is supposedly 500 years old, she is still a child...
And having sexual desires towards children is called pedophilia.
Reposted here just in case

CountBaltorious

CountBaltorious

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Some thoughts on

1. The morality and/or acceptability of young marriage/romantic interactions in "real life"

As long as the individuals are physically capable of reproducing I view it as defensible depending on the conditions.  From the view point of our fellow speaker ActingRikka I would agree that romantic interactions with someone who is not mentally mature for it is sub-optimum.  I, CountBaltorius, however, would like to note that some people never really grow up mentally.  To never be allowed into romantic or marital relations would not be in the best interest of them or the family in many times in history.  Hence, while a major factor mental maturity should not be the deciding factor.  It could be mitigated by having a responsible and interested guardian  keeping an eye on the relationship to look out for the mental and emotional health of the couple.

Declaration of Bias: in the past 2-3 generations one of my past family married a 14 year old girl.  She was not fully developed physically or mentally although likely able to have children at this point.  While I am not sure it was legal or not at that point, the marriage worked out and my clan exists as it is today as a result.  He was alot more careful about  her then if she was fully mature and had to spend some more time raising her rather then immediately treating her as his partner.  I would have to review the family records to get more details.

I would claim that romantic relations with a under developed individual are questionable but in certain conditions acceptable as long as they are capable of physical reproduction.   Partially this is because as soon as individuals are capable of reproduction they will be inclined to be interested, and some WILL have romantic relations at that age no matter how you try and prevent it.  With proper oversight a family bloodline can continuous while it may be possible to reduce emotional and mental damage with romantic relations after the child is reproductively capable.

Based on the above thoughts, I will claim that "persons displaying interests in underage individuals" are not proven to possess mental disorders particularly if they are of the same age.

Some thoughts on

2. The morality and/or acceptability of  marriage/romantic interactions with phantoms.

Again, I will claim whether reproduction is possible is a key factor.  Clearly reproduction is possible as the bear clan has demonstrated.  Hence, I would state at first glance romantic interactions are permissible.  Fundamentally appearance is irrelevant when dealing with a shapeshifting entity, it is only important to the mentality the other party and appearance for society.  Hence, only mental maturity of the phantom  and reproductive ability matter.  In the case of our story, the Cute Tiger, is not mentally mature, is likely reproductively capable given her age and power, as appears a child.  In this case I would argue relations might be defensible on the grounds she has the aunt as a guardian provided the aunt looks out for her emotional and mental health.

Criticism is welcome.  I thank ActingRikka for reposting here, and note the the content quite understandable.  Also, how do you use spoilers here and in the comments sections.

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea

you say that like ppls who have daughters should get arrested...

Lolis are to be loved, and not just by age.

Japan is full of Loli sized females that's age 16+

Also, I am pretty sure like in this manga, the lolis' are 500+ years old... way pass the age of "legal" (and legal here is just something the government made up of, real feelings shouldn't be restricted by others)
Spoiler Hide

Sexual love towards underdeveloped individuals is a display of selfishness and tyranny towards the target of said love.
You can't force persons in a world they yet do not belong to and still do not (or are trying to) understand, it's wrong.
That is, if I speak following moral; on a less personal level I can say that persons displaying interests in underage individuals are proven to possess mental disorders.
P. S. An individual is composed both of body and personality , if a girls shows the body of a 10 years old girl and acts like one, it does not matter if she is supposedly 500 years old, she is still a child...
And having sexual desires towards children is called pedophilia.
Reposted here just in case

However Pedophilla in the Real World is something extremely negative and is why Japan Birth rate is in a decline because people are aware of it and tries not to befriends with shorter girls in am attempt to not be called Pedophile regardless if that person is 30+ age and/or personality of a 30+ age.

People shouldn't be deterred from have relationships with short girls just because they look like a small teenager when they are Adults.

Also, "child's mind"... that depends, there are multitude of people with kind, gentle, and playful personality, are they all "child" inside? probably not.

Plus, the main thing going in RL is the "legality" of said things... no one would arrest you if you married someone 21+ years old but 1~2 heads shorter than you. Else why don't we see ppls getting arrested for marrying Midgets? (Midgets are technically shorter then Lolis in most cases)

As for in Anime/Manga version of Lolis, they're pure cute and should be loved and not be hated on.

Especially when counting in the fact that 90% of romantic-comedy (shoujo genre) anime's heroines are girls age 16-ish with Loli-like statures.

I haven't seen much heroines that's taller then the heroes (hero here in standard height).

This is because Japan do socially accepts Loli into their society, while Westerns acts the entire opposite.

Mainly cause there's no softer/ kinder word for Pedophile in the West, there's only one Negative.

Unlike in the East Lolicon can at time actually be applied to jokes and is not that big of a deal.

Thinks of an incident where you met a girl that's 2 head shorter then you and you fell for her at first sight.

Do you chase after her? or do you simply ignore her because she looks like a Loli regardless of what her age or personality is?

21j9mie.jpg

ActingRikka

ActingRikka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
@count
Let's reply with order (and bear with my sorry English for a bit longer):
Your first argument is , if I am not mistaken, that a girl as long as she is capable of giving birth is eligible for a mature relationship with an older person .
First of all, I'm not condemning couples with huge age gaps, but between an adolescent girl and a young adult, in my opinion , there is a big difference that is experience.
Let's make an example, as my communication skills are preventing me from conveying efficiently my thoughts.
We have a 12 years girl , it's obvious that , as she's very young, she'll be incapable of understanding concepts such as sexuality, love, attraction to the opposite sex and the likes (new things that just appeared in her life), and it's in her rights to discover things at her own pace, without rush, as this is a very delicate phase. On the other side we have an adult (or young adult) , that, noticing the state of such a girl, actively court her, often skilfully, abusing that lack of experience in her, to have various kind of relationships (be it virtual sex or whatever); this kind of behaviour is what is wrong, this kind of behaviour is what I call selfish and tyrannical; young girls are sensible at that age, and this kind of relationship always lead to them having sexual disorders later on ( when they realize what they've done , as when she was younger she didn't cause she lacked in experience).
Let's make another example of a relationship between a 20 years old girl and a 40 years old man.
The woman in this case has experience ( she know what sexuality is ecc..), she has passed the critical phase and has now the maturity to confront a serious relationship with an older man (she has the strength, if you will)
No other than yourself said that in that arranged marriage the older part kept "teaching" her untill she was mature enough to sustain a relationship without rushing her. Your statement "adolescent will be inclined to have relationship" is true, but as I stated before, rushing these inclinations only lead to disasters, and if an adult is truly one, he will keep his desires in check untill the woman is mentally mature (that is around 20 years old), and only then court her.
Now moving on the second matter at hand, a relationship between supernatural beings and a human.
In my opinion, and in line on my previous statements, as long as the said being is mentally mature, a seriuos relationship is allowed (note that I am not citing age here, as in this case, we are talking about individuals that transcended this concept).
The heroine in this manga is oblivious and immature and ,as said in the manga and by its logic, is comparable to a 10 years old human girl (in a chapter this matter is discussed, something resumed as taking a form akin to her mental age, it was discussed somway deeper than this but this will suffice). What I don't like in this manga is the concept of having a mc (aka reader) have him gradually attracted (sexually, as it is implied in a lot of ways such as blushing, acting frustrated ecc...) to a de facto 10 years old girl (both mentally and physically as explained before) as it was natural and nothing could be done about it.
In this post I corrected my previous mistake ( individuals who has interests in ...), deepened my thoughts as I can and argue about the statement "As long as the individuals are physically capable of reproducing I view it as defensible depending on the conditions"
Now on that the whole matter is explained , I'm following this in the hope of a miko-ending, I love how subdule she is, a mutual interest would be indeed entertaining (and I only drop series in exteme cases) insted of that sorry excuse we had till now between the current heroine and the mc .
(Posts this long, never again wih tablets)
The answer is valid even for "japanese name-chaos"( forgot to mention wih the @)
Ah, and to be precise, lolicon is just another way to say pedophile in japan, it took a milder sense here in europe/America

CountBaltorious

CountBaltorious

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@ActingRikka

To begin, your English is more then good enough for communication and that is the sole important purpose of language.  Your comprehension of my arguments is very good.

One point I wish to clarify, for the first argument the young one is male or female and the other person could be the same age or significantly older.  I like general symmetric arguments when possible.

The example is clear.  A large gap in mental maturity is an massive imbalance in power.  Nearly any massive imbalance of power is full of opportunities for abuse for the person holding more power.  Abusing such power to harm another person is wrong.

I agree.

However, this is true of nearly any massive imbalance of power.  The difference in the example given is the likelihood of lasting mental and emotional harm is much higher then most as the victim of the abuse has not finished growing to an adult state.  Such relationships I feel should not be forbidden outright but carefully handled my opinion, otherwise you could not have a relation between a noble and a royal, or a noble and a commoner.  Those relationships are necessary for a noble/royal house.   To finish some people have extremely powerful personalities and can destroy nearly anyone in a relationship with them if they do not care about them, and these people are not always bad people.  I think those people should be allowed to have relations.

As for state in the story, I generally agree with your sentiments.  I currently would like to hold back on completely judging the relationship for three reasons, I will outline my primary reason.  The volatility of mental maturity of phantoms.  I do not know if they can rapidly mature in less then human time frames.  For all I know phantoms can stay children mentally for thousands of years and mature to an adult state in less then a year. 

banjomarx

banjomarx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

@count
Let's reply with order (and bear with my sorry English for a bit longer):
Your first argument is , if I am not mistaken, that a girl as long as she is capable of giving birth is eligible for a mature relationship with an older person .
First of all, I'm not condemning couples with huge age gaps, but between an adolescent girl and a young adult, in my opinion , there is a big difference that is experience.
Let's make an example, as my communication skills are preventing me from conveying efficiently my thoughts.
We have a 12 years girl , it's obvious that , as she's very young, she'll be incapable of understanding concepts such as sexuality, love, attraction to the opposite sex and the likes (new things that just appeared in her life), and it's in her rights to discover things at her own pace, without rush, as this is a very delicate phase. On the other side we have an adult (or young adult) , that, noticing the state of such a girl, actively court her, often skilfully, abusing that lack of experience in her, to have various kind of relationships (be it virtual sex or whatever); this kind of behaviour is what is wrong, this kind of behaviour is what I call selfish and tyrannical; young girls are sensible at that age, and this kind of relationship always lead to them having sexual disorders later on ( when they realize what they've done , as when she was younger she didn't cause she lacked in experience).
Let's make another example of a relationship between a 20 years old girl and a 40 years old man.
The woman in this case has experience ( she know what sexuality is ecc..), she has passed the critical phase and has now the maturity to confront a serious relationship with an older man (she has the strength, if you will)
No other than yourself said that in that arranged marriage the older part kept "teaching" her untill she was mature enough to sustain a relationship without rushing her. Your statement "adolescent will be inclined to have relationship" is true, but as I stated before, rushing these inclinations only lead to disasters, and if an adult is truly one, he will keep his desires in check untill the woman is mentally mature (that is around 20 years old), and only then court her.
Now moving on the second matter at hand, a relationship between supernatural beings and a human.
In my opinion, and in line on my previous statements, as long as the said being is mentally mature, a seriuos relationship is allowed (note that I am not citing age here, as in this case, we are talking about individuals that transcended this concept).
The heroine in this manga is oblivious and immature and ,as said in the manga and by its logic, is comparable to a 10 years old human girl (in a chapter this matter is discussed, something resumed as taking a form akin to her mental age, it was discussed somway deeper than this but this will suffice). What I don't like in this manga is the concept of having a mc (aka reader) have him gradually attracted (sexually, as it is implied in a lot of ways such as blushing, acting frustrated ecc...) to a de facto 10 years old girl (both mentally and physically as explained before) as it was natural and nothing could be done about it.
In this post I corrected my previous mistake ( individuals who has interests in ...), deepened my thoughts as I can and argue about the statement "As long as the individuals are physically capable of reproducing I view it as defensible depending on the conditions"
Now on that the whole matter is explained , I'm following this in the hope of a miko-ending, I love how subdule she is, a mutual interest would be indeed entertaining (and I only drop series in exteme cases) insted of that sorry excuse we had till now between the current heroine and the mc .
(Posts this long, never again wih tablets)
The answer is valid even for "japanese name-chaos"( forgot to mention wih the @)
Ah, and to be precise, lolicon is just another way to say pedophile in japan, it took a milder sense here in europe/America

Your arguement is invalid for one simple reason...SHE DOESNT EXIST SHES A BLOODY FICTIONAL CHARACTER! she doesnt HAVE a body, she doesnt HAVE a mind, she isnt even a gendered being by definition because as a nonexistant entity whose only true form exists within the imagination of the author, she lacks the physical features needed to be a sentient entity, in fact as she lacks ANY physical features shes not even an entity (well technically she is but not in the sense typically used) at all! Having sexual feelings for her = having sexual attachment to the information conveyed from a concept in the authors mind, assuming the author is not less than 18 years old, it is completely legitimate to have sexual attachment to a piece of gum that the author is conveying information about, or at least it is AS legitimate as having sexual attachment to the information about a big busted beauty in her mid 20s... 

Seriously gettign tired of idiots fighting over morality and ethics with regards to imagined elements and judging the people looking at them by the same standards as if they were looking at a real existing person... What's next, you going to go around preaching to GTA players about how horrid they are for blowing up the imaginary cars of nonexistant people? like seriously 

and let that be the end of this arguement FOR GOOD

and yes i copy pasted this from my response to the manwha page cuz frankly Its not worth typing another one

ActingRikka

ActingRikka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
Read my comment again; in summary what i tried to say is :I did not like the concept(kind of disliked it, as explained why), and I consider any kind of attachment to children in a sexual way wrong (talking about real ones here).
In no way I ever said that people capale of discerning reality from fiction should be paired to the kinds that don't.
In my opinion, as long as someone doesn't "invade" the freedom of others, to me they can do whatever they want.
But after reading your comment I must admit it, I went a little overboard.
The only thing I can say is that I'll keep this as reference for my future.
(I must say, re reading my first comment really give the idea of me insulting everyone who likes this manga, my bad English strikes again)

naikii

naikii

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I don't mind lolis, but what makes me uncomfortable about them is that they are typically not displayed as mentally mature adults, even though they might be of age. I think there's more to calling a girl a 'loli' than just having an "underdeveloped" body. in any case, a girl may be short and have small breasts, but if she doesn't act childlike at all, it's hard to really see her as what people would consider a loli. I mean, let's take Ano Natsu de Matteru as an example. the character Lemon is CLEARLY what people would consider a 'loli' physically, but she's the most mature of all the characters, in mentality and age. so although you might look at her and think she is obviously a loli, once you get to know her character you realize that isn't your typical loli character. on the other end, you have Kanna, who is clearly underage and underdeveloped, and in spite of that, she isn't a character who gives a loli vibe either. BUT when you look at AnoHana, it's clear that the character Menma is a 'loli'. she has a childlike body, mentality and innocence about her despite the tragic things that have happened to her. i don't think there's anything wrong with liking short girls or girls with small breasts, but I think what makes people uncomfortable about lolis is that they are typically portrayed in an innocent, childlike manner, and the fact that people find that attractive is kind of creepy. if you go on some hentai site and search loli, I bet that 9/10 of those girls are going to be in middle school. I mean, that's why there's a separate tag, 'pettanko', for girls who are CLEARLY ADULTS but have small breasts. heck, there's even a tag called 'oppai loli' for young girls with larger breasts. It's not a matter of "well she's a loli and she is dating a guy her age so it's ok." but more like "this underage character is turning you on, and we are not entirely sure if it's because you like small tits or because you like children.' liking lolis or finding them cute/charming isn't wrong imo, I mean kids are adorable and their innocence is something that people enjoy, but alot of the times, these loli characters are placed in scenarios where their innocence is exploited for a mature person's pleasure. and I think that's the main problem here.

also, you can't really use the fact that a girl can reproduce as her being mature enough. there are girls that have their periods when they are 6 or 7 years old. it isn't that common, but to think that someone could find this child attractive and think it's okay cause this kid can have a baby... is very wrong. maybe I misinterpreted what you meant to say and if I did I'm sorry. but also, take into consideration the fact that there people who DO use this as justification.

as the case for this story, I do find it kind of creepy that the MC is into her even tho she acts and looks like a child. who knows, maybe the MC will help this character mature and with that, so will her appearance. I mean, you can also look to noragami as an example. The regalias never mature, in much of a mental or physical aspect. However, the gods can age and mature with their experiences, until they are killed and are reborn again as children, with no memory of their past life. you can take that into account and try to figure out how this character will defy time.

but in short, I also understand why people find it creepy and I do consider it valid to feel that way about it.

CountBaltorious

CountBaltorious

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@naikii  I am operating under the assumption you have addressed me.

my analysis

Part 1: definition of Loli

Basically underage physically and mentally, portrayed as childlike mentally and physically. 

Response: Not my definition, but I will go with that one for this conversation.  I will assume underage as legal underage.

Part 2: RL issue, it is troubling because the focus is on underage characters in both mind and body and is placed in compromising situations for the entertainment of a character in the story and/or the reader.  This calls into question the reader and/or character having certain interests in children.  Using  the ability to reproduce is questioned as something to be used to allow sexual intercourse using some real life ages.

Response:  I still maintain that ability to reproduce is a or the key deciding factor.  As previously mentioned I consider romance with a reproductively capable (but underage) but not mentally adult as sub-optimum and needs to be handled with care, preferably with a responsible guardian providing oversight (basically you want to ensure that an adult on looking out for each of the involved parties).  After sexual reproduction is possible I hold that romantic interactions should not be forbidden outright as there are a variety of factors to consider including that mental adulthood ever being achieved in a persons lifetime is uncertain.

I agree that a mature person exploiting the underage and underdeveloped mentally person in the relationship is wrong.  However,  I see this as an extreme case of the abuse of an imbalance of power between two individuals in a relationship rather than a completely  different category.

You brought up an exellent point with the far limit of people becoming sexually mature at 6 or 7 years (I actually was aware of this, but was hoping someone else would bring it up).  My awareness is that this involves undergoing puberty at an extremely young age, and  as such they are not quite children anymore physically due to the impact of puberty.  Such cases need to be handled with extreme caution, and I admit that I have a hard time imagining a situation where a responsible guardian would sign off on a relationship at that age (actually it is not that hard for me to imagine but I would rather not go there).  However, I question that an individual who goes through puberty at 6 will not have romantic relations in the next 10 years.

My point, I will argue to maintain that it is wrong to have romantic relations with individuals who have not become reproductively capable and are not adults.  I also maintain that there are some cases where romances with people who are reproductively capable but not mentally or physically adults is permissible.

Part 3:  Story

Response: Assuming you are referring to the Tiger as her...I admit some of the MC responses make me troubled.  But given my time as an adolescent male I know some really disturbing instant thoughts/impulses can occur,  I am more troubled by the fact that Saehee (the Tiger's guardian?) is pushing him in that direction.

Overall:  I would support your position that it is a valid viewpoint viewing Loli Loving in the romantic prospective as creepy.  This is due to in reality it being able to go wrong easily.  However, that does not make it wrong in all cases. 

naikii

naikii

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
@countbaltorious it wasn't necessarily a direct response to you but I did take alot of your points into account when trying to state what I said. but yes, I also agree that in some cases, girls who are underage are capable of being in a relationship w/ an adult, but I think that it takes a certain level of maturity to be able to be in a relationship like that from BOTH parties. a 12 year old girl is definitely not the same thing as a 16 year old girl, even if they do look alike. it's a difference that most people can see right off the bat because of their mentalities. it's also uncommon to meet a 16 year old girl who is wise enough to know what it means to get married in the long run. I also think that's why it's important to have those laws in place, because for the most part these girls aren't mature enough. well, in the end at least we both agree in what we've said haha.

Theoderich

Theoderich

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

It's all wayne anyway. Because underage is just a number and people are in many cases not fully grown up when they marry/have sexual relationships.

Just taking myself as an example, I wasn't fully grown until I was 22, but I could have married with 16, according to the laws of my country (If I got permission by my parents to do so, but only with a woman above the age of 18; otherwise I would've needed to be 18).

To compare males with females, female bodies nowadays "grow up" way faster than males, making them full grown with 14-16 years [industrial hormones and milk all the way...], that's up to 4 years before the age of indepedence, since it is meant as an educational/mental growth state rather than a body growth index.

If initiation happens earlier in a modern society, there's nothing to say against "lolis" {in your definition} marrying someone. Nowadays,however,

people are getting independent at later and later ages [8 years of school-> 13 years of school+ studies/job training],

which makes this discussion dangerous. Even the criminal law in my country differs greatly between children/teenagers and adults when it comes to punishments, and there is the possibility to deem someone as a child/teen if he's between the age of 18 and 21 and punish him according to the youth criminal law even if he's already a full-fledged "adult" by definition of state. This means, however, that the "adulthood" defined by state and by society are two entirely different roles/models, to name it with the right term, social identities.

So this underlines [together with ethnical and historical background infos {about early "adulthood" and initiation into society} one can read in history books/ethnological/-graphical and archaeological studies] the things I've stated and makes the discussion at least partially pointless, because state mindsets, biology and culture don't add up together yet determine our daily lives. Nothing wrong with marrying a "loli", only with ones mindset from a certain point of view that makes us believe that it's ok or not ok. I exempt my post of the theological standpoint [i.e. marriage= unity of two people to create offspring], because that would lead too deep into a minefield to never find out alive again.

Edited by Theoderich, 22 February 2016 - 09:54 PM.

17.jpg

ExceleXodusKurokami

ExceleXodusKurokami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Alright, I know it has been said before, but I'll put a new spin on it.

As it stands, it is the PHANTOMS that are all shotacons.

Sunghoon is, what, fifteen to eighteen? The possible youngest of the phantoms, that can be confirmed at this time, are Saehee, who was made into her current form after Rangii was sealed, and Chii, who is five hundred or so years old. Baduk's background is completely unknown, so she could be just as old as Rangii or be a mere hundred years old for all we know. Rangii is more than five hundred years old, so I'm fairly certain that makes her the oldest shown phantom, aside from the bear woman.

Rather than a legislature on loli loving, this should be a...Script on Shota loving or something along those lines. Well, it could go both ways really.

Now on to real world pedophilia, well, some counties actually not only allow it, but encourage it. There are actual sites that show the figures. Hell, in Niger, more than three quarters of girls are married before the age of eighteen! Even the Dominican Republic, a place I figured would be a good vacation spot due to comercials, has a little under half of the girls married before eighteen.

Now if the person is of age, but looks younger than they really are. (I'm saying a twenty year old that looks fifteen to sixteen) then it is okay because the law allows it. The reverse is just wrong, and I actually did encounter a not-so consentual relationship between a twenty five year old and a girl who I thought was eighteen, but was really only fifteen. Suffice to say, I called the cops and got punched a few times for helping her get out of his grip, tacking assault charges on the guy's kidnapping, child endangerment and molestation charges. (He had been groping her butt and chest)

The fact is that there are people out there who deserve to have their 'wick' dipped in acid or something, but the bastards are getting smarter and better at hiding it. That or they go to countries where police presence is thinner or where molesting underaged kids is legal.

Now I write all this as a person who, if I was looking for a partner, would be looking for a girl that would be considered underage. I'm twenty eight and the girl I would be looking for would be sixteen-eighteen years old, but my creed states that, until she's eighteen, nothing would really happen other than going out to eat, watch movies or hang out. (the boring stuff) I guess that, in a way, this classifies me as a lolicon, but not as bad as some freaks out there. And, as I said, if I was looking for someone to be with. Past events state that I may not be the type of person who should get into romantic relationships, lest I want to ruin more lives than my own.

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
Alright, this topic seems interesting and I love getting involved in controversy so I'll add my bit.

I feel the "she's technically 5000 years old so it's OK" is a bad argument. Given that Rangii and Chii both look like children, which is tied to their mental state, you cannot deny the fact that they basically are children. Chii less so, because she has a bit more understanding of the world. However, both of them are naive and for the lack of a better word, bratty. They show distinctly childish personality traits. Their mentalities are that of children.

That being said. Seonghoon has declared that he will stick with Rangii until she understands what love is, and I'm sure that through interactions with him, Chii will mature as well. And naturally, as they mature, their bodies will physically age to match that. So not only will their minds no longer be similar to that of a child, but so will their bodies, which would remove any claims of pedophilia, because they'd cease to be physically and mentally childish.

While I'm pretty certain the artist will keep them as children until the end of the story, I think it'd be nice to have their physical forms age slowly, for realism's sake.

Disabling all limiters.

tumblr_nld3jcEGtn1r7hrmoo2_500.gif

kwendy

kwendy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

To deny overaged loli love life just because of her, erm, circumstances is kinda cruel.

Also magpie looks like that not exactly because of mental age, but because she lacks spiritual power to fully manifest.

Is it only me, or Tigress is more regressing then growing up since the cavern incident?

As for initial topic, depends on culture, depends on tradition, depends on personal circumstance in each case. Also depends on the impact it makes on surroundings and involved people.

Also sexualisation of lolis (underage ones) is mostly work of fiction, normally it's either mental disorder of the sexually attracted or actual physical maturity of girl - with should be treated with caution as it often (almost always) FAR surpasses mental maturity, so my verdict is - 

engagement - sure, why not IF no other detail is obstructing it

marriage - nope, not gonna work unless it's some very special case that should be regarded specifically.

As for attraction for certain bodytype - that's how attraction works, go for it and see what will come out of it.

Edited by kwendy, 05 December 2016 - 11:22 AM.