Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

AO - New World

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Chapter I - Digital Rebirth

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” - Mahatma Ghandi

11f3e84e-cd00-4b21-bee4-fbb1bc70583d_zps

Whispering Mountains - Entrance

Rien glanced briefly at the party trudging behind them. Though they had not advanced into a core class like him or Blue, he had judged them to be fairly skillful. By the time he could’ve rounded up an advanced party, he was sure his current group would have leveled up anyway. News that simply discovering a Guardian’s location would give such a large reward spread like wildfire within Sanctuary. Soon after, parties were formed and groups of adventurers spread out to unexplored areas of Halcen looking to get an edge on the competition.

“Is it too late to say I don’t like this plan?” Blue yelled over the howling wind. The walls of the mountain were shrouded in deep mist, making it impossible to see how far it went. They could only assume it was a long way up.

“You can say it whenever you like,” Rien bellowed back at her, “Long as you climb up there afterward!”

“Buttface!” Blue yelled back, eloquently as she began her climb. It was a pretty steep climb, though Blue was probably the only one in the group both capable of making it, and surviving the fall should something happen.

The eight other spheres, Rien had guessed, were themed around each of the elements found in the game. Following that logic, the entrance to Terra, the sphere representing the elemental of earth had to be in the mountains right? It just made sense. Or so he thought, at least. As he watched Blue disappear into the thick mist, he began to doubt his plan more and more. He hoped she would make it safely to the top.

A few minutes of waiting later, he heard her shrill scream.

“Crap,” Rien cursed as he saw the source. Despite the thick mist these monsters were large enough to see from the ground level. The flickering of their status windows disappeared and reappeared as they flickered in and out of vision range. Each of them read “Roc Lvl 10”. Rien pulled out his bow and fired and arrow at one of them flying overhead, narrowly missing its shoulder.

Rien shouted to the party, “I don’t care how you do it, but get rid of those monsters.” 

a1019d8a-ad05-4e69-af51-1b0d95e30df1_zps

Valley of Heroes - Aral Pass

“When will they be here?” Button asked.

Midas sat slumped against a tree with his legs crossed and a large tome propped on his knees. He might have almost seemed asleep had his eyes not been flickering over the writing beneath heavy lids. “I’m fairly certain clerics can’t predict the future in this game. In fact, I think that applies to everyone involved.”

Button frowned at the surrounding rocky terrain. He didn’t much care for this place. It made him feel as though he was being watched.

“What’s the book?” he asked.

“It’s the tome they give to you when you attain your first class advancement. The spells in this game require you to memorize their words. It’s rather obnoxious really.” And Midas licked the tip of his finger and used it to turn the page.

Button frowned off into the still valley. “Did we have to come so early?”

“The battle is usually won by the side that gets there first.”

“I thought we were negotiating a deal?”

“Negotiating a deal is my battlefield.”

Button gave a sigh that made his lips flap. He perched himself on a stone at the edge of the clearing, a cautious distance away from Midas, slipped out his knife and the chunk of iron-wood he’s already roughly shaped. The game applied his high crafting skill rank and the figurine he carved was looking great.

“This new world gives us many options,” murmured Midas, without looking up from his book. “We can slay monsters or craft masterful works of art. I will admit you have a talent for it, but are you sure you want to be like me?”

“You know I do…”

“Then pay attention. The first lesson is patience.”

Footsteps, coming toward them through the valley. A man stepped from behind a large boulder, fully clad in armor, a large sword on his back. He had a harsh face that Button did not trust.

“You are early, Ryder.”

“Not so early as you.”

“I have always felt it was poor manners to come second to a meeting.”

“Pft. Hope you forgive my rudeness then.”

“That depends on what you have to offer.”

Ryder raised his chin. “Information regarding the location of the Guardian to Terra, in exchange for 10,000 gems as we agreed.”

Button started as he heard more footsteps coming from behind, then in front. “Unfortunately,” Ryder grinned, “I have no such information.”

And now the men appeared. Button counted six, and heard two more at least behind him, and forced himself not to turn.

“PKing? Do you know what will happen, then?” asked Midas. 

Ryder shrugged. “This’ll be a first then won’t it? Either way, your gems and equipment are mine.”

Midas snorted. “So be it then.”

Ryder looked confused and angry. “It’s two against nine. How do you expect to win?”

Midas shut his book and sighed. “With foresight.” He signaled his party, which had stationed themselves on the cliffs above. “Kill them.”

f84419a5-5c62-40e8-9846-980a14c6f924_zps

Ellin Forest - Waterfall

The wheel on the cart turned slowly round, and squeaked. It turned around again, and squeaked. The annoying noise broke past even the heavy pitter patter of the rain outside. Koala scowled at it. It seemed ridiculous that a virtual world could make her feel so cold and wet. Destiny strolled along the muddy road, boasting new wheels and a new roof, freshly customized and re-equipped. It would’ve been quite an imposing vehicle, had it not been for the picture of its owner’s avatar plastered along its side, winking and giving onlookers a thumbs up sign. Not that there was anyone around to look at it, at that moment. Though Koala was miserable outside in the rain, the party inside the wagon somehow seemed even worse for wear. 

“They seem to be a…” Koala always tried her best to find a pretty way to put things but even she was stumped. “Varied group.”

“Try fearsome!” Ellie gave her a fierce grin. Though the full screen name displayed above her was PrincessEllie, Koala would never call her that. She couldn’t help but feel she was, once again, being roped into one of her friend’s horrible schemes.

“Why did we need to collect so many party members anyway, we were doing fine on our own. They’ll just slow us down-“ Koala began her usual scolding, but was interrupted with a flick to her forehead.

“Ah, it’s just a game! How did that hurt?”

“It’s the power of love!” Ellie grinned, steering the wagon along. “And stop lecturing me, I know what I’m doing. The guys I picked are the best. I know they are, because I’m the one who picked them!”

Koala sighed. Who could argue with logic like that?

The rain came down in sheets, dousing the endless forest and everything on it with icy water. The fat drops stung on the Koala’s skin like tiny stones, nipping at her exposed hands, the tops of her ears, the back of her neck. Koala shivered and clutched the collars of her coat together with one hand. A pointless gesture, she was already soaked to her skin. That damn NPC shopkeeper back in Sanctuary had assured her that the coat was entirely waterproof. At least she knew now that even the AI couldn’t be trusted.

“How are you so sure there’s a Guardian in this forest anyway?” Koala shivered.

“Well, because of the name. Duh.” Ellie responded as though she had actually answered the question.

“The…name?”

“Yeah. Ellin. It sort of sounds like Ellie, which is great. Which means there’s obviously got to be a Guardian here.”

“Are you freaking seri-“ Koala began to give her friend a thorough reprimanding, was knocked over by Ellie. A long tongue speared past her, narrowly missing, before being reeled back to its owner. The giant blue toad gave an angry croak. The status window above its ugly head displayed the words “Giant Raintoad Lvl 12.” Another appeared beside it from the mud below. Then another until there were a total of five surrounding the wagon.

“To battle!” Ellie yelled loud enough for the party inside the wagon to hear.

OOC

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 15 February 2016 - 05:04 AM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood and his great friends were in the back of a caravan emblazoned with the face of his new friend-slash-employer, PrincessEllie. DrFeelgood had never met a real princess, but he figured meeting a fake one like Ellie was almost as good. She even kept him out of the rain! That was a nice gesture. DrFeelgood rolled a cigarette and lit it with his magic lantern--what a fortuitous item he had been given.

It wasn't long before it became strange to fill the trip with small talk. Small talk was pretty weird in general in this world. "What have you been up to?" was usually met with "I've been better, what with the being trapped in an alternate universe with deadly, deadly monsters and whatnot," and that got kind of old. Most people ended up talking about things like killing monsters and grinding zones (and not the kind of grinding DrFeelgood was interested in), and that was a bit vapid. It seems DrFeelgood just didn't get video games. But he had hope that he'd get on their level one day.

Eventually his palpable awkwardness dissipated, swallowed whole by a giant frog. Five of them, in fact. Rushing to the princess' aid, he jumped out of the caravan, lantern drawn. Rain crashed against his head and back and everything else, and he regretting not having a functional raincoat. This world was neither fashion-forward nor practical. They just had lots of strange clothes with weirdly shaped sleeves and shawls and other... shoulder things. He wasn't sure if there was a word for the articles of clothing that seemed all too common place here. Lamentable indeed that he did not invest in a tailoring skill.

He thrust those thoughts to the side and refocused himself for the battle ahead. He wiggled his lantern threateningly and waited for someone else to take the lead. DrFeelgood was a cleric--at least, a cleric hopeful--and did not invest in physical stats. He was actually a huge liability in combat. It was strange that anyone even bothered to keep him around. But he was playing for the late game, and he was sure his friends wouldn't regret their decision if they didn't get killed by giant frogs.

Spoiler

Edited by Johnny Paradise, 15 February 2016 - 05:22 AM.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

CritAKill

Barnaby sat in the back of a wagon that had to have managed to hit nearly every possible thing to unsettle its riders.  Was it intentional?  He figured it had to be.  Nobody could be this bad at driving.  Crit was tempted to take the reins but the girl driving was the type he hated.  It was impossible for him to deal with them.  That kind of dumb optimism caused him physical pain to the point he had to keep rechecking his status screen to be sure it wasn't an in-game condition.  There was another person up there with her that was more his type but she clearly was not in charge.  The fact that she was up there talking smack about him in earshot was vexing.  He made a conscious attempt to appear nonchalant but he had no idea whether or not they noticed.  Probably not.  If they had seen they probably wouldn't of continued talking like that.

CritAKill focused instead on the people he was with in the wagon.  Why were they together again?  He rolled the cigarette between his fingers as he thought on it.  Ohh, that's right.  There's was the tenuous bond of smoke.  Damn.  That's pretty poetic.  Gotta save that to say later all cool like.  He scribbled the line down in a small notebook he had bought.  It was originally for planning out his build and noting down quests and the like but had also become something of a collection of cool things he could say and do complete with terrible sketches of poses.  Ol' Barnaby hadn't gotten a chance to pull any of them off but he would.  Ohh, yeah it was coming.  People would screenshot it and make inspirational posters and post them all over the world.  It was going to be awesome.  

Bump.

Another upheaval of the covered wagon caused the unfinished cigarette in his hand to fall to the floor and roll out of sight.  Truly, this was the worst possible of all things that could happen.  His misery was interrupted by a off key croak.  It was a frog.  Of course it would be a frog.  A Rainfrog.  Does it only appear in rain?  Did it bring rain?  Was it just in areas that suffered beneath the tyranny of near constant rainfall?  Such were the deep thoughts of the one and only CritAKill as he opened up the front covered of the wagon to give him access to where the girls had been driving and line up a shot with his fancy one of a kind rifle.  He wasn't particularly sure where exactly a frog's weak spot was but he figured he's aim for an eye.  Eyes are important even to toads right?  Probably sucks to get shot in it.  

CritAKill fired hoping for a crit that could kill.

Spoiler

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 15 February 2016 - 06:05 AM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Vex

She didn't remember the exact instant that she got hold of the lovely Wakizashi but now that she was seated in the back of shaky cart, barely illuminated by the lantern that one of his newfound companion held she could relish the beauty of the blade. She unsheathed the blade slightly as its hilt caught on the faint light of the lantern and gave of a mesmerizing red hue. There was something about this setting, this torrential rain, the rickety ride, the snug compartment filled with vapors of smoke that was strangely uplifting. Vex felt as if she could feel her real self fading in the last wisps of the smoke.

Her hiring party had been really good, they had kept them inside as they braved the heavy pattering of the rain outside. She could feel that whatever adventure she was embarking on would give her a great rush. She had slowly felt restrictions of her familial responsibilities slip, her persona had changed and that through violence in a forsaken place she may find her new self. As if on cue, a croak broke the stillness, a moment later more joined. It was the guy with the lantern that jumped out first, whether he hoped that the fiery embers inside his construct were mightier than the out pour was something she won't contest but as she noticed the guy with the lovely rifle take position to mount a counter, she could grin manically as she unsheathed both her weapons and jumped out from the back.

It was time to indulge in some visceral satisfaction, she aimed her sword at the large frog that was seated on the rock and went in for severing its head from its sticky plump body.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Jeff Kreeks - WimpLo

It was a good day for WimpLo. The weather was fine, the people he'd met weren't complete asses, and he rather liked the scenery from where he was standing too. From up on the rocky shelf he'd managed to find, at he request of his employer, he was able to see the whole clearing below whilst being unnoticeable from the ground level. A very nice position to be in. It made a man feel powerful to be so unseen and all-seeing. Like a god. The god of fists probably. That was the most likely god for him to be. He decided he liked it, and would one day earn the title. He materialized a cigarette from somewhere within one of his many pockets, held it out in front of himself, and then proceeded to uppercut the hell out of it. Hitting it just right with his magical knuckle dusters and igniting the end. Lighting his cigarette with a punch, like a true god of fists.

He puffed away at his cigarette, passing the time and watching the whole scenario that was beginning down below. His employer Midas was here for a very special reason. To buy information on a guardian. Well, The Guardian would be more apt. Because they were supposedly the boss of each area. And that, WimpLo figured, meant a lot of boss-loot. Something WimpLo was very interested in. Now, WimpLo had been a criminal all his life, these situation were his bread and butter. And something felt off. He couldn't place it just yet, but something was weird here, he felt it. And he had learned to trust that feeling. He stubbed out his cigarette on a nearby rock and prepared for... something.

He didn't have to wait all that long. Though he couldn't quite hear the words that were being spoken, he knew people. At least, he knew criminals. And he knew that smug look of cruel self-satisfaction the instant it spread across the face of the man they had come to meet. He'd just sprung some kind of trap, or dropped a bad piece of news on Midas with all the glee of a child pouring hot water down an anthill. Quickly WimpLo looked around and saw people emerging. He'd been too focused on the man they'd come to meet. Trying to read him and figure out what felt wrong. He'd messed up.

He sprung to his feet and began to run down the rocky hillside as quickly as he legs could take him. Sadly, in this game world he was very limited in that respect. He'd been a quick bastard back in the real world. Once more he cursed his brilliantly hilarious choice of character stats and build. He burst into open view from the lower clearing just as Midas signaled for his men to emerge, "Kill them." he'd said. An interesting idea now that it came down to it. He hadn't really considered what would happen if he killed someone in the game. Still, couldn't be worse than doing it in real life. And he'd gotten over that in the end... Mostly. He saw a quick flash of deep brown eyes spread wide in fear, a knife in the chest, blood on the hands. He shook his head. Now was not the time.

He charged down into the clearing, bringing with him a trailing cloud of dust that followed behind him like a swarm of angry bees. He had the element of surprise here. Somewhat at least. And so he was going to put it to full use. He headed straight for the nearest of the aggressors and attempted to punch him right in the jaw.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 15 February 2016 - 02:50 PM.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Valley of Heroes - Aral Pass

It's such a lovely day, walking around following this dude named Ryder who said that we can get some easy money and equipment. Although I heard bad rumors surround the man himself, he manage to get a party of eight following him, with as bad reputations as the man they followed.

Why am I here again? oh yeah easy money and equipment.

We walked quite a distance before arriving at the destination, the so called 'hunting ground' Ryder said. Two of us are to take a bit of detour to cut off the prey's escape, me and the rest followed Ryder from quite a distance, I wonder why. Even if the man were fully clad in armor and wearing a huge broadsword, never a rare monsters with such promised drops could be tanked by only one person this early in the game. at least that what the Beta players said.

Oh there's already people in here!, two guys to be exact, well I guess news travel fast regarding an awesome hunting ground. Ryder approach them and signaled us to wait behind, it seems he knew the guys. He exchange a few words and then signaled us to come over.

"Unfortunately, I have no such information" Ryder said.

"PKing? Do you know what will happen, then?"

"This'll be a first then won't it? Either way, your gems and equipment are mine."

Wait, wha? is that why we are here? easy money and equipment, now that you think about it, before it the incidents, or rather in the beta version of the game, people used PK all the time to obtain other's gems and equipment. But since this is kinda become a death game, it's considered a taboo to PK others. Ryder didn't lie about getting easy money and equipment.

Damn it.

"So be it then" the other party said

"eh!?" I involuntarily let out a strange sound.

"It's two against nine. How do you expect to win?"

My thoughts exactly, no wait count me out on that equations

as the man shut his book and sighed "With foresight." and let out a signal, "Kill them."

and suddenly a bunch of people raining down from the cliffs above.

one in particular is leaving a cloud of dust in his trails, headed straight right to me with his knuckle in the ready

"HIIIIIIIII!!!!"

I pulled out my Shooting Star and my Steel Sword simultaneously hoping to parry his fist and survive this carnage without any severe injury. 

Spoiler

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

dharmabums

dharmabums

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Valley of Heroes, Aral Pass

Crouched between boulders on top a cliff, Lil'Peppercorn waited, still pondering about the recent events. "How long has it been since getting stuck here?", she wondered. Probably hours or maybe more but that's all good (skipped school, YEAH!). It's wasn't like anyone would miss her, not here parents nor those brats at school. The thought of just going back to school made her blood boil.

She also thought about the whole 'Dark Lord Event'. From what info she had gathered from other players in the sanctuary was that this was event was a planned one, some rumours suggest the work of a super hacker, which was plausible. She was certain that AO's publisher would never resort to 'kidnaping' thousands of people, after all it would be bad for business. Whatever rumor it was, nothing seemed tangible. No one seemed to know anything. She had really wanted to meet the Dark Lord.

Keep playing most said, Only way to find out is to keep playing and move further out of haven. That of course lead to the next rumor; The Guardians. From what she heard, discovering one would lead to great rewards. No one was certain What reward the guardians would grant but that was enough to get everyone out into the fields again. This lead to lil'Peppercorn joining up with Midas and his party, where their search for the Guardians would bring them to Aral Pass to meet a man named Ryder.

Midas had apparently acquired the services of a brute named Ryder for information regarding the location of the Guardian to Terra. You can't trust him, thought Lil'Peppercorn, Trust no one! In the real world, everyone steps on each other just to get forward. Even the weak will not come to your aid. It's a dog eat dog world back there, why would it be any different here even if it was just a game.

Trust no one!

"Don't trust Midas too", thought the girl as she waited secretly, between the boulders on top of Aral Pass, for the deal between Midas and Ryder to conclude. Lil' Peppercorn and a few others were there hiding too as a precaution for a double cross. Sure enough, the signal to attack was given by Midas. Ryder's betrayal was obvious. Emerging out from the boulders, Lil'Peppercorn counted 9 others facing off against Midas and his friend Button. Though they had the numbers but Midas's party had the element of surprise.

On the get-go an older guy from the group leaped down from the cliff, charging at Ryder's men. Lil'Peppercorn wasn't like that, she hated confrontations. If it was anything that she had learnt in highschool was that it was better to avoid confrontations if you could. For now she would stay up there on the cliffs, besides her skills were better suited to support others.

"Death Wind!" cast Lil' Peppercorn at the Ryders' group. Making sure the radius of her spell would not effect her members of her party. She then stayed behind her party ready to cast her other spell, paralyze, on anyone who would come close enough to be a real threat. Though Ryders' men would most probably escape, The thick poisonous gas would soften them up, just enough for Midas and the other party members to deal with them.

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Deegan huffed out a loud sigh as he pushed his entire body up on one leg, clambering over a large rock embedded into the sloped terrain of the mountain path. Rien looked back to the group, and was met with the sight of Deegan's friendly, albeit unsure, smile. Within the bard's hands was La Luna, a guitar that could weaponize both music and itself. Hiking without the aid of a stick or your hands was tough, but Deegan had adjusted well to actually moving about within this new realm. It didn't hurt that he used to live next to a cemetery which constantly had new real estate getting built around it. The packed dunes and huge hills were always fun to navigate.

The mist of the altitude and the thinning of the air might/might not have provided an environmental status effect on the party. Their visibility was hindered and they needed to breathe harder, but Deegan was unsure about the technical aspect of the game. He bent his wrist and lightly ran his fingers up the strings of his guitar, stopping at the lowest string. He heard a scream. Suddenly, Rien was notching an arrow. Deegan's eyes widened, he hoped no one was hurt. That scream was alarming. Who could it be? Well, Rien and Blue were taking the lead, and Deegan did not expect Rien to produce such a shrill cry, even though he had the vocal cords to do it.

"I don't care how you do it, but get rid...of these...monsters!" Rien commanded to the party.

Deegan narrowed his eyes and the corners of his mouth slightly turned themselves up. He could see the flickering ID's of the Rocs in the air above the group, somewhat obscured by the thick mist. Despite the chill on his hands, Deegan figured he could work the strings. It would hurt though, because his in-game avatar had spawned without fingers that had experienced years of guitar earlier. Twice he brought his hands up and down onto the strings, casting Aether Arpeggio and firing out bolts of aether energy towards the unidentified number of Rocs.

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

REAVER

Terminal March

A dreary day. Reaver had mixed feelings about the rain. On one hand it was relaxing. On the other it made her sleepy. She wouldn't have even noticed the frog if not for the warbling cry of Ellie. At least this would keep the blood flowing, she thought as she leapt out of the wagon.

Reaver sprinted forward at first sight of the frog, quickly changing direction to the left as it was joined by it's bretherin. The rifleman would handle that one - line of sight and all. She wasn't worried about a trap; that would only serve to make this more enjoyable.

Multiple things, but spread out around the carriage. Abnormally intelligent tactics for frogs. Controlled? Just AI routine? Irrelevant. She wanted to close the distance before they could fully employ those tongues. Being stuffed into a frogs mouth would be a humiliating and probably not even painful way to go.

Reaver used Mortal Wound, unleashing a vicious slash across the nearest frog's leg as she dashed past it. She wondered briefly if frogs felt pain as she closed on her main target.

A quick leap took her to the massive frog's side. She'd wanted to avoid being in front of it - that mouth was very large. A small circle she thought was it's ear made an excellent target for a second Mortal Wound. Reaver smiled as memories of high school science class dissections came to mind. 

ika4QNM.png

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
OddlyOdd - Evening the Odds

Heights were never something she truly enjoyed, bringing herself to further question her sanity when it came to the fact she volunteered to go adventuring up the face of a mountain. Clutching onto her staff, and gingerly making her way up in the middle of the group, Oddly kept an eye out for two things in particular: the first being that of monsters. The second that of any plants she could use growing out of the face of the mountain they were climbing.

Warning came from above, and Oddly nervously looked down towards the misty depths. Their rising adversaries were climbing rapidly to meet them, so the little Novice had to think swiftly. Looking frantically about her, she spotted a black weed poking from the earth within arm's reach. Seizing it, Oddly precariously balanced herself as she pulled the plug off of a Potion with her teeth, and ground up the herb with her free hand.

Pouring the crumbled herb into the potion and vigorously shaking it, the normally pleasant red waters turned into an ominous black, bringing a smile to her lips. Her luck was in today, it was a paralytic potion! If she were fortunate, she could knock one of these birds out of the sky right away! However, she needed to be patient, she needed to be precise.

Grasping solidly upon an outcropping of stone, Oddly waited until the Rocs were well within the range of her throwing ability, she reared her arm back and threw the potion at the nearest Roc with all the ferocity and accuracy of a Major League Pitcher. If she were so fortunate, the bottle would shatter against the nearest Aviary Fiend, and as such it would paralyze it, causing it to crash back to the earth far, far below.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila
Chacha

Atop a cliff overlooking the ongoing skirmish, Chacha watched and waited as her eyes moved for side to side; her lower lip had curled outward as she tried assessing the situation they were in.

"Hmmmm..."

She wasn't sure how she was gonna join the fight seeing as how messy it was. Comparing the numbers of both sides and the possible gap in fighting capabilities were things that she needed to consider, but in all honestly, Chacha just wasn't the type to do so. Number crunching and tactics wasn't where her strength lied. She preferred a more sporadic approach when dealing with problems. Nitty and gritty was always the best.

Her impatience eventually got the best of her as she finally pulled out her ice-like greatsword. Her eyes turned to the cloud of smoke that was conjured up by one of her comrades.

"That'll do." Chacha said to herself as she leaped off from her she was. She wanted her entrance to be unique and nothing said flashy like an overhead slash coming from over two stories high. Hopefully, her ambush would be successful; the thought of incapacitating a player with a single blow made her grin. The self gratification would definitely be exhilarating. Such thoughts were quite morbid and frowned upon by others, but in a game, it was more than acceptable. Well, at least for Chacha it was.

Spoiler

Edited by Juro, 19 February 2016 - 02:14 AM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Mikazuchi

// Storyline #1

Unlike her peers, Mika was not equipped for a ranged combat. Sure, she dabbled on Kyuudo for a bit during her Mid School years, but without the proper equipment, even the greatest skill with a bow would amount to nothing. As such, she was forced to take the most risky if she wanted to contribute to the fight: to climb the cliff to where Blue was. Of course, she could also get on standby and protect her allies in case the Rocs decided to pay them a visit as well. Nobody would fault her for that. But if she put herself in Blue's shoes, wouldn't it feel terrible if you're left to fend for yourself all alone in the height of a mountain?

Putting everything on a balance, Mika's camaraderie won out in the end. Thus, putting her rapier on her mouth, she nimbly and swiftly climbed the cliff towards Blue's location.

Spoiler

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

dotMARIA

part 1: Inf- no, I’m just climbing a mountain, sorry.

MARIA was always one to enjoy the view from the top of the mountain – after all, when there were clouds and mist and other such things blocking one’s view from the ground, a person could lose their sense of how high up they truly are. It was quite a mystifying emotion, and yes, such a thing was beginning to grow in young MARIA as she watched Blue disappear into the cliffs.

Of course, those feelings were shattered in a matter of minutes, because of the appearance of some unwanted enemies. Seriously, why were there birds flying in the mist? Is it possible for them to even see through the digital mist?

…Well, no matter.

MARIA watched as one of her fellow party members stuck the rapier between her mouth and began to quickly climb up the face of the mountain. Well, jokes on that noob, because MARIA happened to have a sheath on her back, much like the protagonist of every Japanese RPG…ever.  With a sigh, MARIA began to climb the mountain after Mikazuchi, at a much slower pace because she probably wasn’t nimble enough in terms of stats.

That said, she’ll catch up quickly: she had enough strength to vault herself forward and grab ahold of a rock much farther than her short frame could normally reach. It was like playing leap frog on the side of a mountain, and MARIA quietly thanks the foresight that came with being a goddess, even if she was a being with little to no power at this moment.

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Rien's arrow struck a Roc directly in the wing. The number "34" flashed briefly above its body, displaying the damage done, before disappearing. The Roc's healthbar depleted by about one third, though it remained in the green. 

"You ok Blue?"Rien called up to her.

"Yeah, for now. We got more coming though!" she called back. "Get up here quick!"

"You heard her," Rien called to the party, but Mikazuchi had already began her climb.

Three FinalPhantom's missiles struck the Roc square in the chest, the numbers showed up in quick succession, a series of 5's followed by an 8. Still healthy, it diverted its attention from Blue and began its dive towards FinalPhantom. The other two party members, OddlyOdd and MARIA fared less well at dealing with targets from a range. OddlyOdd attempted to throw her concoction upwards, activating her skill, though she lacked the strength to actually throw it that far and it came tumbling back downwards and landed on MARIA. Struck with OddlyOdd's paralysis potion, MARIA was afflicted with the status curse before she was able to throw her stone. "What're you two doing?" Rien yelled at them.

---

Wimplo was the first to charge into the battlefield. Sliding down the cliff he sucker punched the first enemy he saw, a man named Hermit. Hermit attempted to parry Wimplo's mighty fists, but for some reason drew both his gun and sword to do so. Wimplo punched him square on the nose, which exploded in a miniature flame and dealing 12 damage.

LilPeppercorn stayed in her position and casted Death Wind in an an area. However, the spell was too slow and LilPeppercorn was spotted and the two enemies standing in the area of effect were able to dodge it. LilPeppercorn was, however, successful in spreading the enemies apart though two of them now came charging straight at her.

ChaCha did a leaping strike from above, ambitiously hoping to strike one of the enemies below. She was lucky, as the fighter below did not see her approach and her sword came cleaving down upon him dealing critical damage. The number "26" flashed briefly overhead and the opponent's lifebar dropped by about a quarter.

---

"AHHHHHH!" Ellie yelled, charging straight at the nearest frog. A moment later, her legs were dangling out of the frogs mouth, with her having dealt no damage.

CritaKill wasn't dumb like her though. The first to take any real action, he aimed straight at the frog's eye. His bullet struck true, though it was not the critical hit he anticipated, and the number 34 flashed above the frog's head. He noticed its hp bar dropped by about a quarter, though it was steadily rising back up again.

Reaver slashed at the legs of one of the frogs with her mortal wound ability dealing 18 damage and applying her stacks of bleed, then ran past it instead focusing on the one the furthest out. She landed another attack dealing 20 damage and applying mortal wounds further. She began to notice the frog's regenerative abilities, and also felt her body began to slow. Under her status bar she noticed the frog's "toxic skin" ability though did not yet fully know what it did.

Vex slashed at the frog Reaver had cut with her wakizashi, dealing 29 damage. Under her status window she also noticed the "toxic skin" affliction.

Edited by Mors, 25 February 2016 - 07:25 AM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

DrFeelgood

Beset by misery and amphibians on all sides, DrFeelgood could do nothing but watch in horror as his good friend PrincessEllie was eaten by a frog. That was a wholly negative turn of events, and would no doubt cause her much undue stress. What DrFeelgood did in times of stress was sit on his porch and smoke a cigarette. He would have to give her one of those when she was freed from the frog's clutches.

To that end, he rushed to her defense, lantern flailing. "I'll get you right out of there, PrincessEllie. It'll just take a couple... hundred swings!"

And so began the first of his hundred swings. And the next, and the next, and the next. It was truly an impressive site: a grown man windmilling his arms, lantern smacking the frog on each go-around.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

CritAKill

Tsk.  

The damage of the shot attested to the fact that the eye was not a crit zone.  It also showed the damage roll had been shit.  This was upsetting. Nearly as much as the fact that the frog was now eating his boss.  Was he his boss?  Barnaby wasn't exactly sure of their relative positions within the group that was tossed together.  He was, however, decently sure that letting her get eaten would be bad for a number of reasons.  So where should he aim his next shot?  The eyes weren't the easiest of targets and if they wasn't a crit then no point risking it.  Where would get a crit though?  Not a lot of spots that jump out on a frog.  The only thing CritAKill could think of was the mouth which would be hard to snap a shot at what with the girl partway into it at the moment who was wiggling about.  

Still, the mouth was open and there was still enough room to squeeze in some shots around her.  More room than the eye shot actually. What's the worst that could happen?  He'd shoot her?  Meh.  Barnaby could live with that.

He squeezed the trigger one and then again aiming for the exposed parts of the frogs mouth around the girl.

Spoiler

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Vex

To say that she expected a bit more from her weapon won't be an understatement, perhaps it was a bad roll or she had suppress her desire of having found a good rare and take the damage it showed at face value but what was even more surprising was the speed at which her carriage partner moved. She damaged her target like a passing whirlwind, slashing at its feet as the Frog's status bar moved a little, soon Vex's wakizashi dug into its flesh and the window nearly reached half.

But, the surprise wasn't finished here. Vex could feel a certain slowness appear in her movements, as if she was being weighed down and a message called 'Toxic Skin' appeared on her status window. This wasn't good, add to it that the Frog's bar began to slowly move back up, this was a shitty situation. She hadn't fought regenerating monsters before so she was a bit perplexed as to how she should go about but then in a moment of clarity she got her answer.

If one could regenerate, it meant it was ready to take the full brunt of punishment that she was about to give. She pushed herself as fast as her legs could take to flank the frog and jumped at it turning mid air as fast she could she brought down both her swords at the side of the frog's face. Hopefully, she'd get a better roll of the double strike and score a kill.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
OddlyOdd - Friendly Fire!

It seemed that she had over estimated her ability to throw anything, once again.

Helpless but to watch the potion fall and crash onto an ally instead of an enemy, Oddly winced as she watched the potion take its effect. Digging around in her robes of white for another one, the little Novice grabbed another red bottled tincture and gripped it tight before she decided not to take any more risks.

Gripping the neck of the bottle and scrambling as quickly as she could across the face of the mountain, the novice Chemist popped open the bottle by gripping the cork with her teeth, and then she poured the potion into the mouth of MARIA. Hoping her skill that negated negative status effects would kick in quickly enough, Oddly looked down at the rising Rocs fearfully.

She wouldn't abandon her teammate for one, since doing so would still likely make her easy prey.

All she could do is wait, protect MARIA to the best of her limited combative ability, and hope that her potion worked and she could resume her climb, or their allies would be able to take down the Rocs before the two got swept off the mountainside.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Deegan marveled at the beauty of watching dancing magical bolts leap out from his strings. They flashed before his face, lighting up the skull-paint design on his face while causing his blue eyes to twinkle with even more cerulean beauty. The aether bolts flew out into the sky and split apart, producing a wide arc as they all converged onto a Roc and battered against its thick, feathery body. Deegan could feel the power of his guitar quake through his fingers and fore-arms, he was impressed with the realism of it all. Despite having felt this sensation repeatedly beforehand, Deegan still couldn't get over the immersion of this game.

The young man then caught the sight of his party-members further of to his right. The Roc he had struck with his magic crowed with a fierce anger, and swooped down to retaliate. Deegan shot his eyes back and forth to his party members and the Roc descending onto him. He gritted his teeth and stared at the Roc coming right at him, but at the last second Deegan turned his body and strummed his guitar strings with a hasty, strong motion. Small embers could be seen jumping off of the trembling strings after he casted his Infernal Chord, which was manifested right in front of a Roc heading towards his party members. Hopefully that would burn the bird so much that it would leave to fight another day, as wild animals normally did, or its dive would be interrupted and his party members would have an easier time recovering.

Deegan then spun himself around and prepared to strike the Roc that had come for him with the bottom of La Luna as a desperate melee attack, but the Roc had already closed the distance too well. He could see the hate in its monstrous eyes and mouth, and those talons certainly looked rather...lethal.

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 27 February 2016 - 02:04 AM.

dharmabums

dharmabums

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Valley of Heroes, Arral Pass

"For the Dark Lord!," Lil' Peppercorn smirked as the gas began to enveloped the opposing party. She thought that it was pretty funny to pay tribute to the Dark Lord considering no one knew anything about him/her/it but it was pretty fitting to do so. After all it was the Dark Lord that caused everyone to be stuck within AO, hence a new life (away from real life) so why not give thanks to the one responsible. However as she was pondering so, she had failed to notice two members of the opposing party was able to react fast and avoid the spell, until it was to late. The two had already climbed up the cliff and was charging at Lil' Peppercorn. Her first reaction was to run... fast and towards her party members for protection, which was practically what would happen if it was in real life.

However, If she ran she would be squandering this new beginning that was presented to her by the Dark Lord, might as well return back to the real life and get pushed around, bullied for the rest of her life. NO! The Dark Lord had given her a new life in AO, thought the girl. She knew she had to fight or at least try. She stepped towards the edge of the cliff with her dagger out as if ready to fight. But how? Lil Peppercorn had new been in a real fight by herself. Always the victim.

"STOP!" she screamed at them, as if she could hit the pause button and the game but the two kept coming towards her. She needed more time to think about what she fight back. Instinctively she then cast a spell towards the enemy who was nearest to her; "Paralysis!" Without pausing she did whatever that came to mind first which was to get away from the second person coming at her. Mustering up all her courage she charged back at the enemy she had cast the spell on, hoping to throw both the enemy and herself off the cliff keeping the person underneath her to break her fall.

Spoiler