Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Please help me find this jp band...

indie neoclassical japanese music band 2010 helpmeplease

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Opal

Opal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFinland

Hi everyone,

This may well be an impossible task but I still must try. ^^;

Backstory:

My friend went to Japan as an exchange student around 2009-2010 (she was there in Kyôto at the time of the East-Japan Tsunami)... and she just so happened to be walking on the street when some small-name band was playing, found their music interesting and even bought their cd right there and then. She later borrowed it to me and I loved it. Sadly, we're no longer in touch, I don't have her contact info.

I'd love to listen to them again and find out if the group even exists anymore (they didn't seem hugely popular). The problem is, I seem to have lost all my info on it to the bit space of lost data. :( Googling my eyes out hasn't helped (yet) so I'd like to ask for your help, batotonian music brigade! <3

Tidbits I remember about the band:

- Japanese

- active at least in ~2009-2010

- their promo-performance was in either Kyôto or Tokyô

- instruments: violin and/or cello, piano, bass (+)

- genre/style/feel of their music: neoclassical, indie(-pop?), instrumental, quite uplifting

- they had about 5-10 songs on the album and at least most of them were available from Youtube some three-four years ago still

- the band members were all male

- I think they used romaji or even English in their name and most of their song titles, too

...Yep, this is all I remember. If only I remembered at least that main single of theirs well enough to hum to some sound recognition search but no, I only remember the quick, cheery violin's feel, more than what was actually played... Geez. >__> Still, liked it enough to really wish to find them again! So if anyone's up for some detective work, here's a mission. :D

~Opal

~Will continue to survive through optimistic pessimismtm!~ ^^

I'm not the only one who doesn't like spoilers, so I'd be happy if everyone used the [ spoiler ]  [ /spoiler ] -htmls, I know I do...

lilyjhon

lilyjhon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

youtube com/watch?v=iQP2C5iYuVQ or jpband

Opal

Opal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFinland

youtube com/watch?v=iQP2C5iYuVQ or jpband

...Not exactly what I was looking for... :'D

I'm not the only one who doesn't like spoilers, so I'd be happy if everyone used the [ spoiler ]  [ /spoiler ] -htmls, I know I do...

SamuraiSx

SamuraiSx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

hmm.. what comes first to my mind are definitelly  

A (エース) - A (Anonymous Confederate Ensemble) 

~ I adore them and I still feel gillty and sad that I didn't go on their LIVE tour in Europe near me in Budapest and Romania 2012.. >< they were pretty popular as one of interesting visual kei band species as PIRATE VISUAL KEI BAND ~ the members were the crew and captain was vocalist Nimo. but sadly in 2014 they departed :/ the reasons are that they wanted to start something new and they stated that maybe will be back in the future again.. here official their site http://a-rock.jp/profile/  

I really like their music and think that it's really high quallity especially by beautiful arrangements harmonies and technique of instrumental and vocal line ~

here some videos so check up if those are the band you were searching for?! :) if I remember some other simmilar I'll post again~ 

SAKURA

Spoiler

NUDE

Spoiler

SHangri-la

Spoiler

Crafton Calling 

Spoiler

Phantom of the Snow

Spoiler

MASQUERADE

Spoiler

Koyoi, usei ga kikoenai machi de

Spoiler

Opal

Opal

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFinland

hmm.. what comes first to my mind are definitelly  

A (エース) - A (Anonymous Confederate Ensemble) 

~ I adore them and I still feel gillty and sad that I didn't go on their LIVE tour in Europe near me in Budapest and Romania 2012.. >< they were pretty popular as one of interesting visual kei band species as PIRATE VISUAL KEI BAND ~ the members were the crew and captain was vocalist Nimo. but sadly in 2014 they departed :/ the reasons are that they wanted to start something new and they stated that maybe will be back in the future again.. here official their site http://a-rock.jp/profile/  

I really like their music and think that it's really high quallity especially by beautiful arrangements harmonies and technique of instrumental and vocal line ~

here some videos so check up if those are the band you were searching for?! :) if I remember some other simmilar I'll post again~ 

SAKURA

Spoiler

NUDE

Spoiler

SHangri-la

Spoiler

Crafton Calling 

Spoiler

Phantom of the Snow

Spoiler

MASQUERADE

Spoiler

Koyoi, usei ga kikoenai machi de

Spoiler

Unfortunaly, no, they were definetely not visual-kei of any kind. Actually, if I were to describe their look they were 'clean', like black/navy-and-white dress shirts, vests, maybe jeans... At least one of them had some level of beard and longer hair, I think, kinda like some Japanese John Lennon :D Yeah, not sure if this helps, but that's what I think.

But thanks for the links, will listen. ^^