Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sweet Endless Terror: An Anthology of Nightmares

novel horror nightmares

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

anzu2snow

anzu2snow

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationUSA

Hopefully it's ok to post this here...I'm not really used to this section of the forum, but thought I'd share a little about my 2nd novel. Sweet Endless Terror: An Anthology of Nightmares was just recently approved to be published. Fully approved a week ago. Normally, it takes about a week for the whole process. Instead it took just 2 and a half days! Really fast. It's available for preorder until March 4th. But, yay! It's out! You can check it out through Smashwords, it's published through them, but you can only download a free sample through them until March 4th. You can purchase it as a preorder at Apple's iBooks, Kobo, and Barnes and Noble. (Just thought I'd mention where you could find it...)

This is a collection of 12 short stories based on my recurring nightmares. One of them is based on the oldest one I can remember, which was when I was 2. I always seemed to have had nightmares, and rarely have good dreams. I remember talking about 2 of them with a friend a while back, halfway through the 2nd one she screamed at me to stop, and said I must be possessed...I talked about them with another person more recently, and she suggested I write them down. Then, I thought, why not write short stories based on them? Hence, this was born. I really hope people enjoy it! :) It was actually pretty fun to write out.

Edited by anzu2snow, 11 February 2016 - 12:42 AM.

Blog: A Day in the Life...

Art: My dA

My first novel: Alliance

My second novel: Sweet Endless Terror

DemonHide

DemonHide

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTearing through the countryside

Major congrats on getting published. A collection of horrific shit is right up my alley, I'll check it out. Got any advice on how one gets a publisher's attention on the first place? Got a friend trying to break into the fold.

anzu2snow

anzu2snow

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationUSA

Major congrats on getting published. A collection of horrific shit is right up my alley, I'll check it out. Got any advice on how one gets a publisher's attention on the first place? Got a friend trying to break into the fold.

Thank you! :) Yay! Hopefully you'll like it! Some of the stories might not seem that disturbing at first. Well, Smashwords has an interesting system. They have lots of different guides to use to get the formatting, editing, etc. correctly. Once everything is the way they would like it to be, people can submit their 'manuscript' to them. It's an electronic version. (They prefer the document to be in Word, but have tips on what to do if it isn't.) They have people start off with it as an ebook. The hard copy versions cost more to produce, and the author doesn't get much back in sales with those. (They do get a lot more of a percentage back with ebooks.) Anyways, there's a 1st review stage that's mechanical. It checks for formatting errors, then spits out various formats so people can look at it on various devices. This usually only takes a few minutes. If that's approved, the book gets put into their regular catalog, and sent to the 2nd stage of review. This one's manual, and they look over everything thoroughly. Normally this takes about a week, like I mentioned. They say previously published authors have priority, but usually it doesn't go that quickly through. Once it's approved, it usually goes directly to their 'premium' catalog, and is ready to be shipped out to various online retailers. It's a bit different with preorders. And, authors can choose who they want it to distribute to. It even can go out to libraries. So, with the route I went, you don't have to really get their attention. It's kind of self-published, only they still go over it and have to approve it. (They also tell people what went wrong if it isn't approved. People can always resubmit it after fixing it.) It also has their name as the publisher...They just have to make sure it's properly formatted/edited/makes sense/etc., fill out the online form, and submit.

Hopefully, that wasn't too much info. I wish your friend the best, too.

DemonHide

DemonHide

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTearing through the countryside

Great information, much appreciated. I'll be sure to pass it along. Tossed a pre-order on Kobo. Looking forward to getting eyes on it in a couple weeks. I'll let you know what I think.

anzu2snow

anzu2snow

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationUSA

Great information, much appreciated. I'll be sure to pass it along. Tossed a pre-order on Kobo. Looking forward to getting eyes on it in a couple weeks. I'll let you know what I think.

Glad I could help. Thank you! It'd be great to hear what you think about it.

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Just out of interest, which publisher are you with? I've been working on a 20,000-word novel, and I'm having difficulty choosing a publisher to work with. What's your advice?