Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

when to change series from ongoing to fiinished? [info]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

eefara

eefara

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 7 posts

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already; I searched around but couldn't find anything. Anyway, is there an easy way to mark a manga's status as finished? I was looking at Silver Diamond and the Koori no mamono no monogatari gaiden specifically, and they were finished printing long ago.

Mod Edit: Topic title changed and pinned for future reference/info.

Edited by Naizumi, 10 February 2016 - 03:29 AM.

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

The "complete" or "ongoing" status refers to being hosted in English on Batoto, not to its publication status. Both of those series are missing chapters on Batoto, so they are correctly marked as ongoing.

But if you do need to change something, use the edit button under the manga's cover image.

Edited by Chocolate Chip, 09 February 2016 - 04:01 PM.

eefara

eefara

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 7 posts

Ah, gotcha, thanks. Though SD will still need to be marked as "Finished", as its English scanlations are complete. (Well, the non-licensed chapters whose scanlators gave permission to be hosted on Batoto are.) I assume that a separate page for the gaiden will need to be created, since Koori's main series and gaiden are split.

Edited by eefara, 09 February 2016 - 05:15 PM.

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

I don't really follow you on Koori, but Silver Diamond is missing several volumes, so it needs to be marked as ongoing. "Complete" means hosted in its entirety, in English, on Batoto.

eefara

eefara

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 7 posts

Well, the only volumes not hosted on Batoto are either licensed (by Tokyopop) or scanlated by someone who hasn't given permission for them to be hosted here. Is it just the latter chapters that would keep the series from being considered complete?

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

Complete means you can read the entire thing on Batoto. If any chapter is missing, for any reason, the series needs to be marked as ongoing.

eefara

eefara

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 7 posts

Okay, gotcha. Thank you for the explanation!

Sakuracry

Sakuracry

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 14 posts

Heyho, can someone please explain how to change a manga`s status to "complete"?

I know there was an option for it when I first added the comic but I left it at "ongoing" then since I didn`t have all chapters in the beginning.

Thus we uploaded chapter by chapter, yesterday I uploaded the last chapter of Itoshi no Mirai-kun but the status is still "ongoing" even though the manga is completed now

and there`s no edit option for the status thus I searched the forums but couldn`t find an answer... Help, please?

Edited by Sakuracry, 19 February 2016 - 09:50 AM.

Makiavel

Makiavel

Inactive

• Contrib Mods
  • 292 posts

Hi, under the comic picture, there should be an "edit" button, if you click on it you'll be able to edit multiple comic settings including Author's name, description etc, there should be a field there that says "Status", change it from Ongoing to Complete then save the settings and you're done.

Sakuracry

Sakuracry

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 14 posts

Oh, I didn`t even see this button, only the edit-pens^^

Thank you very much!