Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] AO - New World

Fantasy Steampunk MMO RP Useless Sucks

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

776cc74b-f539-4200-a11a-3280155b1adf_zps

AO - New World

RP by Mors

This RP is currently accepting

Prologue Chapter - A Familiar Place

The goblin made an ear-splitting screech as Rien’s sword slashes across its chest, and its body seemed to shatter like glass. Where its body should’ve been, there was instead a small black marble which Rien picked up. The words “level up” flashed briefly across his screen before he swiped it away and opened up his character profile.

“Wow, this is unreal! Or I guess it’s…too real? I mean, everything is so realistic!” Blue exclaimed beside him. By now had been playing online games with her for almost three years, and had grown accustomed to her excitable personality. Weird personality aside, Rien had to admit that she was a lot better looking than he had expected. Unlike other games, AO did not allow players to fully customize their avatar appearance, as the LexNav headgear that was used to play the game utilized a facial recognition scan making characters mimic their player’s real life appearance. Rien ignored Blue’s commentating and scrolled through his level up  window.

“Unspent stat points…three. Only three per level? All this time and they still haven’t changed it…Lexis is as stingy as usual I guess.” Rien complained out loud. Though he wouldn’t admit it, Rien had been waiting with unbridled anticipations for this game’s release since it was announced a year before. Elements Online was his first ever online game, and he had only fond memories of it from his childhood. Though back then he was able to work around the game’s age limit security, he had heard that Lexis had made that impossible for this game.

And nostalgia aside, the game was well worth the wait. Rien watched as another goblin charged at Blue. It was fast, the AI in AO was a vast improvement over its predecessor, which made a good accompaniment for the game’s other realistic features. Blue was faster, though and clubbed the goblin on its forehead with the rim of her shield. He made their signature screeching sound and chopped at her again, but she ducked his cleaver, swept her sword low and caught him full in the calf, just below his ragged shirt’s flapping hem. This time, the blow was enough and the goblin’s body shattered into dust.

“Ahaha, come face me you ugly green ballon headed freaks!” She yelled at them. There were no other players around, so Rien took it upon himself to be embarrassed for her.

It took the duo about half an hour to finish the beginner’s quest. Rien’s sword slashed through the final goblin’s neck and he reached out and grab the black marble it left behind. “Alright, we finished. Let’s hurry back to Sanctuary and receive our reward before all the monster zones become occupied-“

Rien’s words were cut short as the ‘sky’ above him darkened to a blood red color. A large screen appeared over head, and on it was a man wearing a dark cloak, his face hidden behind a dark hood.

“Greetings adventurers, I am the Dark Lord!” the figure on the screen’s deep voice echoed across the server.

“Pffft. Did you hear that Rien? He called himself a Dark Lord? Hahaha!” Blue tittered next to him.

“What’s this, some sort of launch day event?” Rien asked her. She shrugged and shook her head.

“It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to your new home. Some of you may have noticed by now that you are unable to log out of the game. This is not a bug…”

“Tch, what like some anime? What a lame joke,” Rien frowned.

“But don’t be scared, dear adventurers! Think of this like a new beginning! A way to escape from that wretched old world forever!”

“Rien…” Blue tugged at his sleeve. “Look at the game menu!”

“What are you-“ but it was obvious what she was trying to show him. Just as the hooded man claimed, the log out button was greyed out. He tried pressing it several times, but nothing happened.

“Until we meet again, my friends!” the man’s final words echoed across the world before the video feed was cut and the sky returned to normal.

“Rien…what do we do now?”

“I…” Rien looked at her eyes. She was scared and confused, and not really trying to hide it. “I don’t know.”

Premise

Spoiler

AO

Spoiler

Character Profile

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 18 February 2016 - 05:59 PM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

I worked on this for twenty minutes because I care very much for you and this roleplay.

Spoiler

Edited by Johnny Paradise, 05 February 2016 - 01:49 AM.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Spoiler

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 05 February 2016 - 01:56 AM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
@useless & rogue: Both look gucci, accepted!

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
Spoiler

Edited by Katia Managan, 05 February 2016 - 06:32 AM.

ika4QNM.png

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

@Pitou: Looks great. Accepted.

@Pitou/Rogue/Useless: Here are the HP/MP of each of your characters. For reaching level 9 within the first week you have been given a semi-randomized item.

DrFeelGood

HP - 158

MP - 230

Event Item - Rusty Lantern

Spoiler

CritAKill

HP - 140

MP - 120

Event Item - Old Hendricks

Spoiler

Reaver

HP - 248

MP - 60

Event Item - Chainshirt

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 05 February 2016 - 01:52 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 06 February 2016 - 06:52 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

I have a gun.  CritAKill is on top again!

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 05 February 2016 - 01:58 AM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

I have a weapon that is in most ways worse than my starter gear. What the fuck kind of bias is this, people are supposed to give me good things.

I call shenanigans.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

@DR: Can you list the numbers on your skill? i.e. gains x dex for every additional enemy. Other than that it looks good.

Edited by Mors, 05 February 2016 - 02:23 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

My Bard CS

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 06 February 2016 - 06:01 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

@DR: Can you list the numbers on your skill? i.e. gains x dex for every additional enemy. Other than that it looks good.

Have edited that in. Hopefuly it is acceptable.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

@DR: Looks good, though 2 per enemy seems a bit low for its rank, something like 4 is probably more accurate. I'll assign you your other stats and such after Schmuser finishes his CS.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

I need help regarding the spell system. My Will is 20, so I have a lot of room for spells, but how does the point allocation work?

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Will determines strength of spells (usually). You gain new skills/spells through Int stat, it should be explained in the character sheet. Also, you can easily be a bard by just attaining and instrument and using musical themed spells and skills. You could even have spells that use Charisma as their resource, but they'd be a bit weaker than spells of similar rank that use Will. This should work as any class, though probably is best as a Rogue.

Edited by Mors, 05 February 2016 - 04:33 AM.

dharmabums

dharmabums

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hope this CS is OK. Skills and spells probably may need some rework.

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

@Dharma: Well that was certainly graphic. Unfortunately your writing sample does not quite meet the requirements I asked for. You were supposed to describe character reaction to find out she's trapped in the world. Also, at this point your character doesn't know whether or not dying in this world is actually permanent or if they respawn like in a game. Your skills are fine, just know that PvP isn't a really efficient means of leveling up your character (and is generally frowned upon by most of the playerbase) so you'll also want to be able to kill monsters.

@Schmuser: You're not done with your character yet I know, but you have a similar issue in your character sheet as Dharma does. Make sure to describe your character's reaction to the events taking place in the prologue chapter.

dharmabums

dharmabums

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
To be honest i wasn't making a PVP character but a support character though evil one. Resubmitting CS. Made changes to writing sample. Changed some skills too.

Spoiler

Edited by dharmabums, 06 February 2016 - 02:41 PM.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Ok that's acceptable for the most part. You're still missing your character image, and I can supply the numbers but it would be nicer to have a more detailed description of what you want your poisons to do. Atm I'm just assuming they're damage over time stuff.

dharmabums

dharmabums

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

since it's rank E, i was assuming its damage over time... probably add other other debuffs with level ups. Question about the character image; avatar or irl character image?