Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Discuss the latest scanlation chapters of Girls of the Wild's here.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
hope this thread will become more active.

well I hope that the guy can fight a little, it would be boring if he will just be protected all the time.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Disagree. He's not about fighting, and I don't see any vaguely realistic chance he could match up to those girls any time soon. They've clearly all been training really hard for quite a few years, and are mostly there because on top of that they're very talented.

He's a guy with strong will, pride and integrity. The contrast between his down-to-earth struggle to raise his siblings and put food on the table and their flashy struggles to be the awesomest fighter is what makes this interesting. To me, they look kind of frivolous by contrast, for all the risk of injury.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
I agree with Purple L. Guy.

I'd rather not see this turn into they typical "Weak boy surrounded by Strong Girls, Wants to become Stronger to protect those around him, Thus becoming the Strongest in Manga, Earning him a Harem" As Purple L. Guy said. I like the Contrast between him and the Female's from Wild High. It is what makes it interesting.

I also find it too cute that he supports his family putting them and his studies/job before himself so they can have a good life.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I agree that I'd rather not see that kind of cliche plot but it also makes the protagonist too helpless. It's fine for now but there has to be a conflict in the plot later on and by then, the protagonist will have too much of a restricted role.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
Gah Latest Chapter.. Those guys at the end... They need to leave my Jae Gu alone D: He already has it rough as it is~ u.u

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Can you see the ending?
1. he gets beat up and decides to train under queen for martial arts
2. the kids get kidnapped and Jae Gu's friends at the academy go after him
3. he ends up at the hospital....

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I think we will get a flashback, to see what happened in the time when he was with that dude in class.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts

I think we will get a flashback, to see what happened in the time when he was with that dude in class.

That could be a possibility. It'd be nice to see how he was in Middle School. I just hope they didn't bully him to much ;o

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
This is sad :( wonder if the author will use this as a way to make him start training now maybe under Queen.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
;o Forget everything I said about him not being a fighter~! That was sooooo mean.. my poor Jae Gu u.u
I just want him to get stronger now and kick their *ss >.>

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
wow, to see what happened to him this chapter was just sad.
what surprised me was when he said: Spoiler: " I woudn´t expect the upperclassmen to help me even if this were in front of the school."
why doesn´t he trust the upperclassmen? yes, I know he was probably abbused by those guys when he went to school, but in high school (were he is now) the girls helped him out, I thought he would have a little more trust in them.

Edited by hero, 13 December 2011 - 08:13 PM.

LonerGoth

LonerGoth

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
C18: spoiler. I think. its in white text.

Man his old bullies are bastards, I want to see their BLOOD. they humiliated him in front of his kids and he seems powerless to stop them, also he seems to be traumatized into not fighting, This sucks! Someone beat up those bullies!

苗木

苗木

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
From the latest chapter,
Spoiler

Wonder what they were talking about in the meeting though.

20.jpg

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Wonder what they were talking about in the meeting though.

well, this webtoon can´t go for long with him defenseless, I think they talked about training for him, so that he can at least do something when he has to fight with queen.

thelast3321

thelast3321

Potato

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationDilbert.com
I just realize that so far this story is pretty much the reverse of gender cliché’s that one might see in a typical fighting with romance stories. Instead of the guys begin strong and protecting the heroine because they have a crush on her it is instead the women that are strong and want to protect the protagonist because they have a crush on him. It’s a good, weird but funny thing for me to read after being exposed to so much males are the only ones who are the strongest.

It’s for this reason that I kind of hope that the protagonist does not actually become stronger than the female students and they continue to be the badasses.

t69y.jpg

In training to become the next avatar

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

wow, to see what happened to him this chapter was just sad.
what surprised me was when he said: Spoiler: " I woudn´t expect the upperclassmen to help me even if this were in front of the school."
why doesn´t he trust the upperclassmen? yes, I know he was probably abbused by those guys when he went to school, but in high school (were he is now) the girls helped him out, I thought he would have a little more trust in them.

Yeah, you're right, they would have helped, and from how some of them have acted you'd figure he'd realize that. But I guess he's gotten used to the idea that nobody cares, nobody will help him, and the only one he can rely on is himself, to the point it's hard to come out of the mindset.
Even if he suspected they actually would help, he might not consider that suspicion because he'd be sure that there would be a catch somewhere, some ulterior motive (which is actually pretty much the case--they're after the merit points or whatever).

Sadness Assassin

Sadness Assassin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRockledge, Florida
Hmm, I'm really curious how the next chapters will develop. I want to see him get a bit stronger, in terms of both physical and mental fortitude, so that he can stand up to those bullies. However, I don't think I want to see him get to the same level as Queen and the others in combat aptitude. I like seeing them be so protective of him :wub:.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Maybe he will start to train now, and about the romance part, the tai kwon do girl is taking the lead here.

Boomsickle

Boomsickle

Potato

• Contributor
  • 146 posts
Hahaha i love the "Let my man go" atitude she has in Chapter 21 , he really needs to train i cant see him being like kenichi where he trains and becomes ridiculously stronger but it would be cool to see him be strong enough to protect the people he loves and prove everybody wrong about him ,its hard picking a girl in this to root for they all have certain qualaties that are awesome o well
Posted Image
(Sig+Avt Made by rockiNangeL)