Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Looking for a more serious yuri series

yuri reccomendations series help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

7fragment

7fragment

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

A lot of the yuri I've found on batoto has been either super short, silly/funny, oozing cuteness, or some combination. I'm hoping that I'm just not looking in the right places.

I'd like to find something that's a bit longer, that will at least take a few days to read. That's the biggest criteria. Some substance would be appreciated, not always happy, lovey-dovey.

I'd be happy to swap suggestions with anyone who replies. I've read quite a bit of manga that isn't yuri, too.

Thanks!

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Have you tried Citrus?

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

Collectors is a really nice one.

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Mmmm.......well, there really just isn't a lot that fills all of those specifics. Though you might well have read all of these, I'd suggest Aoi HanaHoshikawa Ginza YonchoumeKoibito PlayOctaveRenai Idenshi XXWatashi Sekai o Kouseisuru Chiri no You na Nani ka. and Gunjou (still ongoing).

And none of these are particularly long......there really just aren't many titles that are primarily yuri (or at least have enough of it to consider it important to the overall story) that are of any great length.

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Mmmm.......well, there really just isn't a lot that fills all of those specifics. Though you might well have read all of these, I'd suggest Aoi HanaHoshikawa Ginza YonchoumeKoibito PlayOctaveRenai Idenshi XXWatashi Sekai o Kouseisuru Chiri no You na Nani ka. and Gunjou (still ongoing).

And none of these are particularly long......there really just aren't many titles that are primarily yuri (or at least have enough of it to consider it important to the overall story) that are of any great length.

Citrus is the only serious one I know sadly been looking for yuri series like that one but didn't have any luck till now.

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Citrus is the only serious one I know sadly been looking for yuri series like that one but didn't have any luck till now.

Octave is actually one of my favorite manga irrespective of genre. To me it's in an extremely small handful at the very top of my list, just an outstanding all around story. I don't remember there being even a hint of humor......a very well written drama with a yuri pairing at the center of it.

And yeah, at six volumes, it's probably the most substantial of any yuri story out there (available to the English reading audience at least)   :)

Edited by svines85, 30 January 2016 - 06:55 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Oh boy, here we go. Besides the others already mentioned-

Otsu Hiyori's works.

Takemiya Jin's works.

Amano Shuninta's works.

Tanaka Minoru's works are pretty alright as well.

Ootomo Megane's works.

Ohsawa Yayoi's short works are pretty cool too.

Mizutani Fuuka's Like a Cinderella is a sweet read.

Yotsuhara Furiko's works.

Miman also has good works.

Kumichou's works are pretty cool as well.

Nishi Uko's works are good too. (Tonari no Robot is a good read but it is still ongoing.)

Minase Ruruu's works.

Yoshitomi Akihito's works.

Hirao Auri's short works are good too.

Read Fujiwara Ei's short works too if you want to get hurt.

I feel like I've put in way too much q-q.

P.S. Aoi Hana is a great fcking read.

@Gala Lion. Not looking hard enough.

Edited by Little Yuri, 29 January 2016 - 10:29 PM.

I love yuri...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Oh, you know what, I actually just had another one pop into my mind thinking about "serious" yuri ones, and that's Aido (Love Slave).  It's only one volume, so yeah, not what I'd think is as long like you're looking for, and frankly I don't recommend it at all. Yeah, it's serious.....I guess a little too much so......and is easily the worst mainstream yuri title I know.

And since I'm thinking of it, just so you know,  that  Watashi Sekai o Kouseisuru Chiri no You na Nani ka. one is probably the second worst   :D (pleasant characters getting dumped on and unpleasant characters coming out on top at every turn......yeah, I didn't much care for it.) :)

Make sure you look over the categories for Aido on MU if you consider reading it, it's not a pleasant read.

Tn7HA0h.png