Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Let's Make a Story Together!!

writing justforfun

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

Then in an instant, the manticore's claws, were in pieces and Esmeralda smiled and appeared behind everyone, " Gotcha". She said with a wider smile on her face then she fainted.

A girl rushed to her side and yelled to everyone " She lost a lot of blood and has a couple broken bones, I need to give her medical attention ASAP!"

Another man ran to Esmeralda and lifted her up and along with the girl they ran to a safe distance away to treat Esmeralda.

The battle continued with manticore's and eventually the manticores were defeated.

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Locationin front of my pc

that night, they buried their fallen comrades. 24 bodies.

no funeral ceremonies held, but the surrounding air was solemn and sad.

"still... 12 manticores? what the heck..."

Dan murmured his disbelief. on his hand were a plate with a big slice of manticore meat.

"dunno. this raid was absurd, but on the bright side, this manticore helps us recover our MP. so eat up"

Marcus said with an indifferent tone. 4 manticores turned into barbecue, while the rest were dried and became jerkies.

Marcus grabbed a plate and brought it to Esmeralda's side. she was among the gravely injured but she had recovered a bit.

presented the meat, he smiled and pat his sister's head, "great job, Bob."

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

Esmeralda went bright red and hastily took the plate from her brother's hand. She refused to make eye contact, looking anywhere but at the gathered group.

When Marcus snorted out in laughter, his sister huffed, "It was the poison, okay? It probably has some sort of chemical that makes you delusional..."

The few that had overheard her whispers snickered.

"Of course, little sister," Marcus said. he turned around, smiling shakily for the first time that night and went to sit by Dan.

As the night progressed, as they regained their strengths, everyone began to accommodate themselves to sleep. They'd sleep huddled together for tonight, in case of there being another attack.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

5 days had gone by and there was nothing but peace.

Esmeralda had fully recovered from the manticore attack and decided to undergo more training to become strong enough to fight and defeat Attucks, if

they were ever to face each other again. 

So midday she decided to go into the forest and start to do some PT and then practiced some spells on an obstacle course she had made for herself.

After 4 hours of training she heard a noise in the bushes.

Out came a little boy from camp and asked her what she was doing here.

She told him that she was training and that he needs to go back to camp because it ws dangerous to be out in the forest during this time of day.

Esmeralda finished her lunch and began to walk the boy back to camp.

Then he said, " Were you really training for your magic? When I see Marcus train, it is completely different from the way you train."

Esmeralda smiled, "Well of course, our magic are in different parts of the V.E.S.P."

" What is the VESP?" the boy asked

" The V.E.S.P are the different categories that magic can be separated into. V.E.S.P stands for: Vis, Elemental, Spiritual and Psychic," replied Esmeralda.

What kind of magic falls in each category?" 

" For Vis, it would be any type of magic that effects a persons physical ability, for example my speed magic would fall in this category. In Elemental, it would be any magic that allows the user to wield or manipulate elements which includes; water, fire, earth, air, aether and void. Magic in the spiritual category involves magic that has to do with the users, soul or tend to have a personality of its own for example black or white magic. The last category is Psychic which is pretty self explanatory, magic in this category enables the user to have psychic powers."

The boy's eyes lit up, " Cool!"

They both arrived in the front of the camp and someone called for Esmeralda.

She turned to the voice and it was_______(next person start here)

Edited by Silentnight, 22 February 2016 - 05:19 AM.

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

An unnamed soldier whose name had completely slipped her mind. The girl, looking much younger than herself, ran up to Esmeralda red-faced. As the girl took in a few breaths, she smiled shakily and pointed towards the makeshift homes, "W-we found someone. Injured,"

Esmeralda's mind went blank. All the bodiess had been accounted for. The injured had been cured long ago. Nobody in camp had wondered out and gotten lost. She gave her comrade a single look and hurried off towards the cabins. Upon hearing her footsteps, the men surrounding a small fire stopped their heated whispers. the only thing heard was the sound of the fire crackling.

Esmeralda gently pushed aside the young boy standing in her way to get a better look at the body on the ground. They did not look her way, did not move or blink, merely stared up at the night sky. It seemed it could not hear them, see them, or feel them. Maybe a curse? She only needed to get closer to be able to tell. A tiny bit of blood and she'd be able to tell all the magic the user had used in the past or the magic used upon them. A hand stopped her.

"We don't know what's wrong with her," 

Her? Esmeralda thought.

Her brother, kneeling closest to the body, did not glance up, "It could be a curse. She's not one of us. I vote we get rid of her in case she's enemy,"

A heavy, dark brown shawl with even darker blotches covered the body. The face was drained of blood, pale and with traced bags under the eyes. The hair was hidden under a hat, but the few strands peeking out told her it was black. Esmeralda could also smell blood.

Edited by danfare, 18 February 2016 - 02:20 AM.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

"It doesn't matter if she is one of us, she is hurt and needs our help," Esmeralda whispered to her brother.

She tried to reached for the girl's shoulder and her brother stopped her again.

"Who else agrees, that we should vote her out," he looked around at the other men and they all nodded their head in agreement.

Esmeralda sighed but kept staring at the girl and the girl's eyes moved to look into her. Surprised, Esmeralda jumped back.

"What's wrong?" Marcus asked and looked back and forth between Esmeralda and the girl on the ground.

" S-she looked at me.." Esmeralda said shakily. She glanced back at the girl and the girl was back to staring at the sky and was not making a single movement.

" You sure? I didn't see her move," Marcus replied. He stood up and looked towards the men and asked " Alright so who is going to get the girl out of our camp?"

Esmeralda stared at her once more and While Marcus was turned around and talking to the other men, Esmeralda touched the girl's hand and for a quick moment the girl squeezed her hand tightly and stared into Esmeralda eyes once more and whispered " Not..real... You need to find the truth.." Then Esmeralda felt Marcus' hand on her shoulder and she turned around.

"Stop staring at her, you looked exhausted from training, you should go rest."

Esmeralda nodded her head and when to her tent and once there she realized that no one had saw the girl move nor did they hear her speak to Esmeralda. Then Esmeralda realized that something was in her hand...(Next person start here)

Edited by Silentnight, 22 February 2016 - 05:20 AM.

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

...a thin platinum chain, with a small pale green gem. looked like a pendant, a memento?

the gem was broken to a size half of a fingernail. it wasn't beautiful, maybe even a common riverbed rock could be compared to this one.

but considering the way she obtained this item, she was convinced that something happened. the others had not aware of this pendant and she didn't want to raise unnecessary internal conflicts. but she didn't know what was the value of this item. she needed to consult to someone... a trustworthy person. a knowledgeable person and willingly shut their mouth.

she couldn't speak to Marcus. his behavior suggested that he wanted to get rid of this woman. to speak this matter to him, it would attract another questions instead of a way. 

she put it in her inside pocket to examine it while away from the others....(continue from here)

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

they continued to fuzz over who would carry the woman out of camp. esmeralda headed off to take a shower, thinking up of plans, formulating ways to stall the men from following marcus' orders. the small hex she managed to transfer over to the woman would be enough for now. it wouldn't take long before they figured out it was from her. she had to hurry.

as she removed her clothing, a smile made its way to her lips as she heard several yelps and a loud crack of electrical discharge.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

Esmeralda took a quick shower and then came outside and saw that everyone around the girl was  was knocked out from the hex and then Esmeralda walked up to the girl on the ground.

She raised the small pendant out of her pocket and looked at the girl and asked, " Why did you give this to me? What truth do I need to find? Who are you?"

The girl whispered something and so Esmeralda leaned closer to her to hear what she said. The girl repeated herself.

Esmeralda jumped back in disbelief and shock from what the girl had just said.

The girl stand up in her spot, looked at Esmeralda and said" What I said is true, if you don't believe me you can throw away that pendant and continue to live in lies and ignorance. Or you can believe me and use that pendant," the girl touched Esmeralda forehead.

Esmeralda jumped back and said, " What was that? All of these instructions are in my head."

"I used my magic to show you how to use the pendant, its your choice to use it or not. The pendant will help lead to those in this photo and you can then rely on those people for the who can tell you," the girl handed Esmeralda a folded up photo.

Esmeralda unfolded it and it was a photo of her brother and a group of others in alliance military uniforms and in the middle was a young girl who was also in uniform.That must be the military prodigy Marcus mentioned once.

The girl began to look sad and said, "She died at the massacre unfortunately you won't be able to meet her. But then you never know, with magic you can do just about anything. It's your choice you can find the truth or believe this lie you're living is true," then in a flash he girl disappeared.

What should I do? Esmeralda thought to herself.

P.S Next person will be the 30th post and has the power to continue the story from where it is or to start a new story!

Edited by Silentnight, 22 February 2016 - 05:26 AM.

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

(i want to think that this story finally reaches its end of its prologue. so i will write assuming that this story still has more things to offer. if someone disagrees, he/she can end it quick. i'll write this one like a junction to longer road, or quick end.)

pondering what should she do, she looked at unconscious allies, and to the pendant she was holding. she could not simply believe the mysterious woman, but her heart could not allow her to diss away this pendant. and the photo she had shown to, it was the biggest thing that drove her curiosity.

"...Marcus, my brother. what do you hide from me..."

with that, she chose her path.

without any preparations, without taking or leaving anything behind, the girl called "Esmeralda" was from that point on, disappeared from the world.

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

#1 one day, i stopped on the side of the road to watch a man tie his shoe.

he didn't look to be my age, or maybe it was the fancy clothes and his posture making him look older. even while kneeling, he held himself higher than most. when people walked past him, they did not brush him nor did they stare too long. when he stood back up, he loomed over most of those walking on the busy street. nothing to see.

a single bell chimed. it was soft, but present. everyone heard it because as soon as they did, glances were exchanged between the survivors. a single body dropped lifelessly on the ground. the ones still alive were relieved to know they would see another day and continued their duty of existing.

once more, nobody brushed past him, nor did they step over his cadaver. by the end of that day and before the cleaners came to pick up the cadaver, his shoes and jacket were gone. he looked younger now, without his fancy clothes. he looked just like the rest of us.

-

the next day, i stopped by to watch a girl my age pick flowers from the gardens. the way her hands picked and picked without hesitation, i could tell she was experienced in medicine. the poisonous ones went untouched.

when the bell chimed for a second time that week, the screams and the running commenced.

a pretty girl with flowers at her fingertips lay wide-eyed on the ground, golden hair crowning over a tanned face. her brown eyes did not stare at me as i took the flowers from her hand.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

#2 After taking them, I proceeded to walk down te street as everyone else ran.

The further I walked down the street, the more the word of what happened to the girl was passed around.

She had died.

Later everyone began walking and going about their day again

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

i came from this town's neighboring village. i was old enough to start living by myself.

no, i just wanted to distance myself from that place. i did not want to further corrupt myself anymore. not in that space.

but what i found here was similar to that place. not shocking. but nevertheless still depressing

well, i needed to make some money here. i should make this quick and move away once again.

to find my peace.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

#4 Night time was coming so I started to head home.

While walking I saw a group of teens -guys- drinking laughing and messing around.

One of them grabbed a girl that was walking by and hugged her from behind and all of them began to harass her and her friend.

The girls yelled for help and the guys laughed and slowly began to move into the alley behind them with the girls in arms, as night fell.

Everyone walked by them ignoring what was happening.

Better them then me, is what everyone is most likely thinking.

I sure knew that was on my mind.

By the time I reached the end of the block, night had fell and the guys were in the alleyway completely out of sight.

All you can here echoing down the empty street was the girls screaming "Stop! Stop! please help me!"

This was followed by the guys laughter.

I decided to stay at a hotel that night.

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

"welcome."

a middle aged, short and skinny man was the receptionist. his attire was of that usual patrons: neat and bichromatic of white and black.

although, this appearance was ruined by his lifeless eyes.

"a week, single bed. no need for meals or water."

"it's 20 silvers per night... no, i'll make it 15 just for today..."

as i pondered to his statement, i saw his eyes locked to my eyes... no, above my eyes.

i got a goosebumps. if what my thoughts were right... 

i gave him 15 silver and muttered "only for tonight. but i will be back tomorrow."

i quickly grabbed the keys and headed straight to my room. i immediately went to a mirror... my bad premonition was hit on the mark.

a light gray-like tattoo was on my forehead. it was like a heart covered in flames.

ah, yes. this was the worst sign. the horror of people of this particular region.

the marking of a 'curse'. the sign of imminent death. the killer without trace.

tomorrow, when the bell rings...

...i will die

Edited by pdaangsakti21, 15 March 2016 - 06:40 AM.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

#6 No, there's no way this can happen...

There has to be some way for me to get past this. I can't die, not just yet.

Not when I had the chance to be able to leave....

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

That night in my dreams, I was visited by a spirit. I didn't know who this spirit was at first, but I felt I should have known. It wasn't long before my feeble dream mind came up with a name.

"Esmeralda!" I said, and reached out my arms to grab a hold of her. My hands passed through her, as I should have known they would. She was only a spirit after all. Dejected, I turned around and looked for something. I didn't know what it was I was looking for, but I also knew if I didn't find it, she would leave me forever.

"It's here." she said, and pointed to a small box. I rushed to her and knelt by the box. I gazed up to her beseechingly... and she nodded. I opened the box and a bright light shone into the surrounding darkness. When it slowly faded away enough for me to see, there was a dark crystal inside.

"What's this?" I asked her, but when I looked up, she was gone.

"No!!!" I shouted, and the dream broke apart. I awoke on my bed, covered in sweat... and when I rolled over to get up, there, on the bedside table, was the box.

I hesitated when I reached for it, not knowing if it was real or just my imagination. Could it have come out of my dream? Is that possible? I mean, I've heard some crazy stories around this place, but I've never even caught a hint that anything like this would ever happen. My decision made, I grabbed it. It was solid in my hands, and I sighed with relief.

I opened the box... but there wasn't a dark crystal inside like in my dream. It was a locket. I gently lifted it out and set the box down. It looked both fragile and ancient. I tried to pry the clasp open with my fingers, but it wouldn't budge. I hesitated again when I thought to use my dagger. Should I try to force it? What if I break it? I decide the risk is worth the chance, and jam my dagger into the clasp. It broke with a loud snap and the locket fell open.

Edited by Bokuboy, 19 March 2016 - 03:48 AM.

*\(シ)/*

Russet potatoes are the most delicious!

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

Deleted.

Edited by Bokuboy, 19 March 2016 - 03:48 AM.

*\(シ)/*

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

Bokuboy, you can't make 2 consective posts and also you forgot to number your posts as well.

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

Bokuboy, you can't make 2 consective posts and also you forgot to number your posts as well.

Oops, sorry about that. I thought since it was the next day, I could add to my post. I rectified that mistake and combined the split messages into one, and numbered it properly. :)

*\(シ)/*