Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Let's Make a Story Together!!

writing justforfun

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

Alright so this is a simple story game hopefully lots join in on the fun :). The rules are simple, I'm going to start the story and the next person to post will be the one to continue the story where it left off and they can add or change anything to the story but it cannot alter what someone in a previous post had said  without reason, then next person to post  continues the story  were the previous person left off and so on. Also each person must number their post so if im #1 then the next person is #2 and so on. The person with the #30 post has the option to  end the story right then and there and start a new or to continue it. ( I hopefully I was able to explain the rules clearly) Alright let's begin!

Update: It was reached a while a go but we reached the end of the prologue and next person to post can end the current story  and start a new or to continue then current. All it takes is a couple sentences. I'll be waiting for the determining post !

Update 2: First story was ended and so here it is:

Spoiler

Update 3:  Second story Finished so here it is:

Spoiler

Update4: New rule: If no one posts after you added on to the story in 3 days then you are allowed to have a second consecutive post. (Sorry this is late Emerald39)

(Beginning of first story)

Update5: From the last post (#32 for this story) It looked like a pretty much like an ending so I'll let end there and anyone who wants to post next can start a new story( just for this one though) . Well here is the third story:

Spoiler

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Beginning of First Story:

#1 It was a terrifying sight, a sight that was easily forgotten because this sight started a bloody war. It has been 5 years since this massacre and the two countries that were once allies are now enemies and in their hate for each other they abandoned a large stretch of land and the groups of people who lived there, because this was the land that they shared. Today it is called the "Middle Lands" and there is the beginning of a story of a small group teens begin their journey to retaliate against hate that  the two countries have against each other...

Edited by Silentnight, 08 August 2016 - 06:35 PM.

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Esmerelda awoke in her tent and stumbled out into the fortified square. She was 16, fit and an intellectual; she was considered by her peers as the 'Queen of the Middle Lands'. Today, however, the Queen was starting to worry. The people around her were running faster than usual, barricading the few entrances into the fortressed area and arming themselves with whatever weapons were close at hand. Confused, she tried to ask them what was happening, but they were too busy to reply. Her older brother, Marcus, approached her in a state and uttered the dreaded words: "The attack has begun."

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

It was an a small army from the Fort amber in which belonged to the country of the east: Cyndonia. The army had a mixture of old (men on horses, swords shields, etc..) and new (guns and cars)equipment. A man on a horse had rode to the front and yelled "Attack!".

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Marcus gave the order: "Open fire!"

Bullets flew, ballistics were launched; even the secret weapon's charging period had been initiated. Esmerelda suited up, with light armour, two broadswords and a laser shield; she then approached her brother. "You ready?"

He turned to her, light armour, a dagger and plasma jets adorning his figure. "Let's do this."

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

They just stood their and did nothing and  then right before the the attack hit there opponent , it all stopped in mid-air.

Marcus smiled,"Aaaah, if I were you I would leave," he told the commander, "If you don't, I'll let this hit you and this will be your's and your army's end."

The commander of the army laughed," So the rumors are true, it is quite a sight to see magic, and not only that, I get the honor to see your magic. Marcus the Telekinetic and his younger sister; Esmerelda, 'Queen of the Middle Lands'. Or should I say Esmerelda the-".

In a flash the weapons of the soldiers in commanders front lines were cut to pieces and Esmerelda appeared next to the commander pointing her sword at him commander.

The commander smiled, "Esmerelda the

(next person finish the sentence)

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

"Esmerelda the Speedster; so the rumours were as true as they say."

She smiled. "Indeed. Now, let's see how many pieces I can cut your troops into before they're influenced by gravity."

As she said this, her spine glowed a bright green, and her hazel irises began to spin rapidly. The outline of her body became hazy as she took to her feet and slaughtered the remaining enemy soldiers on the Cydonian front. A trail of light emanated from her lit back; it shone upon the gruesome remains of the Fort Amber Infantry Unit. "I've gotten a lot faster since the last time we fought; I will defeat you this time and then I will free the Midlandans from this relentless assault of yours!"

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

#7 "You think you're better than us?," The commander stood his ground, never once batting a lash as blood pooled around his boots. "You think your defiance will change the current state of affairs? You're only prolonging the inevitable. People like you," He pointed a finger, skin filled with tiny cuts that extended up to his neck. Tiny little veins of scarred tissue, "with your magic and your darkness, do not deserve to be called humans. You think you fight for freedom, but do not forget why you were exiled. Your kind took advantage of us, your kind made us kneel before a King that ended up slaughtering us. He gave into his darkness, just like you will, just like all of you will!" He waved a hand towards the mutilated bodies, a smirk upon his dry lips, "You're no different than him,"

The commander balled his fists, eyes darkening as he watched Esmeralda's body tensing. He shoved a hand into his pocket, threw at their feet a single locket. Esmeralda need not look at it, for she knew that inside she'd find a picture, a single picture of a time way back then when she still believed all the miseries in the world could be wiped away by simply believing. A time when her older brother was sane...

Edited by danfare, 25 January 2016 - 07:50 PM.

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Esmerelda finally snapped. "Well, maybe we would have treated you better had you not massacred our people to begin with. You humans, you think that fear will control all intelligent beings in the universe, and when that doesn't work, you slaughter them in cold blood. Not only that, you treated my brother as a test subject for dissection and experimentation, until he finally lost all sanity and destroyed the facility."

She raised her sword to point the tip at the commander's throat. "So go on, spout your losses and perceptions. Our king planned to negotiate peace with you apes, until you killed his son. Do you think we are emotionless? That we were always meant to be stone-cold slaughterers? Because we were nothing like that before your presence on this earth!"

She used her other sword to pick up the locket. "And how dare you show this to us again! That thing has caused us much pain in our hearts, remembering the horrors of your actions; now you plan to use it as a psychological weapon? You are more inhuman than we ever were!"

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

The commander chuckled. "Go on, kill me. Show your little followers how much of a monster your kind can be. It won't end here with me but it will end here with you. If you refuse to turn yourselves in more of us will be manufactured. We will bring an end to this pitiful excuse of a resistance," He grinned, wide and wild, a beast-like shine to his eyes, "There's no happy ending in sight, no light at the end of the tunnel, no salvation, no hope, just remember that and keep clinging to life because even that will be worthless when she awakens,"

Esmeralda twitched, hesitating for an instance. As a gasp broke the silence, she clicked her teeth together and swung back her arm, ready to strike. She gazed straight into his eyes, almost feeling the way her sword would seep into his flesh, almost tasting the blood of a traitor upon her tongue, happy, hesitant but happy that this small act would save them a few days until they regenerated his mauled cadaver. It wasn't long now, she could do this, she trained for this, sweating tears and blood for the last 6 months to challenge him. It was a millimeter away, a stop of time, a failed breath, and when sword hit skin she fell forward from the momentum and empty space.

The commander's eyes shone a bright neon color, grin still in place, and in a second's worth, disappeared into thin air.

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Esmerelda watched the wispy remains disintegrate before her eyes; they seemed to dance in joy, knowing that they weren't done yet. She held her pose until all had disappeared, then lowered her swords and head in relief. Her brother approached and put her hand on her shoulder. "Sis, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

She turned to face Marcus; her stare was grave. "Is what he said true, brother? Are we really the monsters in this world?"

He looked at the battlefield, coated red. "Both sides are; you, I, the Midlandans, and the enemies. We are all the true monsters; but that does not mean that we stop fighting."

Esmerelda smiled, a tear rolling down her face. "Marcus...he was wrong; you are still sane."

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

With a soft smile, they retreated back into their hideout. Teenagers with grim faces seeming older than themselves followed wearily, glancing behind their shoulders just in case...

No sleep, no dreams, and no rest meet their tired minds, nor did their aching bodies ever relax. With weapons by their bedside, the older, experienced fighters chanted incantations under their breath. If anything had kept them alive this long, it was the magic in their veins. Darkness dissolved as thin tendrils of light peaked from the horizon and one by one they rose from their makeshifts bed. Today would be another day; fingers gracing their weapons, neon eyes activating at every sudden sound, no words spoken between them, only knowing glances and the fear.

The tranquil routine lasted until noon.

From one of the tents, a shrill scream was heard and what followed was...

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Marcus awoke, screaming in terror and pain. He looked around in panic, clawing at the tent's fabric; his vision was fading in and out of reality. Esmerelda came to inspect the scream, along with the nearby people who heard it; but when they realised Marcus was the cause of it, everyone simply left him alone. Starting to return to his normal self, he went to his post at the watch tower. 

While he sat and stared into the empty wasteland surrounding the base, Esmerelda climbed up the ladder and stood behind him. "You had it again, didn't you?"

Marcus sighed and stood up. "Yes. Yes I did."

She put her hands around his shoulders and leant against his back. "You know you can ask for help. We have the connections to help you recover; you could live without this."

He covered her left hand with his right. "I know; but I cannot want to forget that experience. It was inevitable."

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Locationin front of my pc

inevitable?

perhaps, it was inevitable.

Esmeralda shed tears when she remembered what happened to her brother Marcus. all of their sufferings, their grieves, was because of that damn commander and his blasphemies toward them, the "monsters". the experiments, the massacres, the assasinations, and....

"Esmeralda," Marcus called, "please, don't cry. be strong for both of us."

Hearing that, Esmeralda gripped her brother's hem of shirt harder, holding her own tears and waves of sadness inside her chest.

he was right, she must be strong.

Marcus, still held her hand, continued, "you know, even if it's painful... i need it. at least, i cannot get rid of it yet. not until we find peace for our brothers and sisters."

"...do you really need it. i can't help but despair everytime you had it, Marcus. i alone am enough, you can help even without it!"

"Esmeralda, my dear sister. how many times have we had this kind of conversations?"

his stern expression directed right to her eyes.

eveytime she saw that expression of Marcus, she would yield. even if she had the upper hand in their talks, even if she was rational, she would

just nod and hide her eyes from his brother's gaze.

but not this time. shocked and worried, she could not hold her anxieties any longer. she moved to his front. her whole body trembled hard, trying to not throw tantrums in front of her brother.

"...Marcus!! how could you possibly endure this? what about our parents' wish!? what about your own!? mine!? and even aft...

---

next person continue her sentences pls

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

...after we managed to free ourselves from the humans, we lost sight of what we truly wanted for ourselves! We've made so many mistakes and you paid for most of them...but this didn't start now. Even before the war, you sacrificed so much...you've lost so much. I cannot help but ponder if I hadn't been so selfish...if...if perhaps things would've ended differently. If i hadn't trusted him so easily...if..."

"Enough," Marcus' voice shook. He closed his eyes tightly before letting out a slow breath, "that's enough. I take responsibility for my own actions. Everything I've done, every single decision I've taken has been with full knowledge of the consequences to come. We mustn't remain in the past. What is done is done and we must learn from our mistakes, apologize while we still have time, and then, maybe somewhere along the future, forgive ourselves..."

Edited by danfare, 26 January 2016 - 06:58 PM.

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Esmerelda sighed. "If you say so, brother."

With that said, she opened the hatch again, and climbed back down to the main compound. As the silence returned to Marcus' ear, many thoughts began to emerge. Is this war futile? What did we have to gain from it? What will become of us? Could peace ever be attained? As he pondered these many questions, which swam through his mind like piranhas through a carcass, something glinted off in the distance. It caught his eye, and he grabbed his binoculars to observe the cause. What he saw made his heart stop, and his breathing irregular, and his mind swim with panic. 

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

came out of the woods was a sight of a terryfying monster. body of lion,  its fur was blood red with a gigantic poisonous silver tail that rivaled its body. its height was probably no less than 4 meters.

".....MANTICORES!!"

because he saw another three... no, there were more. he began counting, but soon after that he gave up after 10 counts.

that sight brought him past traumas, his horrors resurfaced. his already rugged breath became even more irregular it caused his head to spin.

but he needed to warn the others. he pulled his dagger and stabbed his palm in frustration!

"urk!"

with the pain, his mind was slightly cleared. he took several deep breaths, and ran to the hatch. he didn't waste any time and yelled as hard as he could.

"MANTICORES COMING!! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!"

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

Muteness resonated throughout the makeshift camp.

A single second.

Swiftly, everyone around broke into action, dropping whatever they had on the ground. Those inside the smaller tents rushed out throwing weapons at whomever seemed to be struggling to find one. Several bursts of light appeared as the the swords and provisional weapons were charged full of magic, making them sturdier, with more of a bite. The older folk headed towards the camp limits, words falling out of their trembling lips in obscure chants. Spikes of hardened rock rose from the ground, 1 feet, 10 feet, 20 feet...

Until finally, all that thundered was the sound of claws scurrying their way. It'd be seconds now.

Silentnight

Silentnight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCA,USA

A loud roar sounded and a a sound of feet pounded the ground was even loud.

"Come on guys, let's take it down!" Esmeralda yelled, followed by everyone rushing forward to fight the beast.

[SCENE CHANGE: This is going to be following the commander after he fought Esmeralda]

Bang! is all you can hear for one moment and it was followed was the  sound of men groaning and other asking "what just happened?"

The commander was on the ground and slowly stood up and when he was standing completely up he yelled " If you are unharmed put the supplies and equipment away! Make sure the wounded get tended to! All squad leaders, I want a full report from you by tomorrow! Get moving people! Move!"

Everyone began doing what was ordered and he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around.

"Sir, You have a call from General Genkeis awaiting, do you want me to tell him that you're busy?" said the small private standing in front of him.

"No, Ill take the call." responded the commander.

The commander followed the private into the communication center and spoke with Genkeis.

( Genkeis -> G  The Commander -> A, this is a video chat)

A: "Major General Genkeis, are you hoping for a report on Marcus?"

G:" Colonel Robert Attucks, you've always been able to  read the situation quite quickly and that is the main reason why I let you take this post. How is former Corporal Marcus Psychicae doing."

A: " Not very well, he has a group pf followers believing that the war is between his so called Midlandans and that since him and his sister can use magic, they are not considered humans, I don't know what they consider themseles to be but it might be something highier or better then a human. Also  I can conclude is that Marcus has Stage 3 Occult Confabulation. In result of this, I am unable to communicate properly with his sister."

G:"Mmmmm... I understand the situation, personally I would give you more time but I need you to get a spy or stomp the resistance or make some sort of progress soon. The higher ups won't be just happy with you just being able to diagnose the man the has been causing a lot of trouble, We need to put some kind of stop or slow this down or else our enemies to the east, Scientia Ars, will take advantage of this and get a strong jump on us in the war."

A:" I understand."

G:" I expect some progress next time I call Colonel and also Private Sanders I expect you to also be a part of that progress....".

The screen went blank indicating that the call had ended and Attucks had exhaled deeply and got up from his chair and turned around.

The private was looking down to the ground.

Attucks turned to the private and said, " Private Sanders, I'm pretty sure you know but Major General Genkeis meant nothing but the best from what he told you."

" I know he does but I am of no use to you, I am so useless I don't even know what you meant when you said  I still don't understand why you chose me to be your attendant and assistant..." replied Sanders and continued to look at the ground.

"Attucks put a hand on Sanders shoulder and said " Don't worry I have my reasons and don't worry if you don't understand something don't be afraid to ask me, I have faith in your potential and you should to. Also to help, Occult Confabulation is when a person who uses magic in the "P" category, undergoes through some sort of trauma and the mind in response to it chants enchantment on itself and creates false memories for the person and later as it worsens and changes stages the other people around that person can end up gaining false memories too. Once the disease reaches Stage 3, the person with Occult Confabulation can unconsciously control others to act a certain way or can alter the memories while that memory is being created and can cause hallucinations. And for Marcus' case, the trauma is most likely PTSD from the massacre 5 years ago."

Sanders look up at Attucks, " Thank you sir for the explanation and I will do my best to help make progress around here!"

" Thats the spirit," Attucks smiles," Now lets go see how everyone is doing."

Attucks and Sanders walk out of the communication center and outside.

[SCENE CHANGE: BACK TO ESMERALDA]

(next person start here)

P.S. Sorry for making it soo long, I just really wanted to add a twist and some dramatic irony...

P.S.S. For anyone who didn't know, in the army everyone is refer to each other by last name but in Marcus' case, since he is no longer in the army he is referred to by his first name.

P.S.S.S.  I couldn't come up with a good last name for Marcus so if anyone can come up with a better one then just use that last name in your post then after I'll change what his last name is in this post.

Edited by Silentnight, 12 February 2016 - 05:21 AM.

pdaangsakti21

pdaangsakti21

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

16 manticores vs 200 midlanders.

sounds of metal clashing and groans of pains could be heard from both parties. swords and lances had little to no effect to the so called furs. it was closer to iron threads, a simple slash of bladed weapons would not cut deep. fireballs and ice lances only shaved a tiny bit of their vigor. even with 6 people surrounding each, the battle was long.

sharp claws, strong huge bodies, furs as hard as iron plates, poisonous tails. even with magics, the opponents were too strong.

soon, casualties dropped one by one. the healthiest ones will toss the injured and the incapacitated, while the older folks would grab them and heal them as fast as they could. right after the treatment, they would go straight to battle again.

....finally after approximately one hour of bloodbath...

"3 to go!! keep steady, don't go too reckless! Marcus, take them back!!"

it was one of the warriors, Dan. he was covered in cuts and blood, but he had been healed and took over Marcus' place. this cycle had been going on and on, the older folks were at their limits. the number of capable ones were depleted due to injuries or deaths. as the result, there were only about 10 men and women standing.

"nobody get careless!! keep them at bay, Esmeralda shoot from afar! Fred, Aston, come! we'll take its left flank!"

the three strong youth joined the battlefield again along with their comrades. prepared for Esmeralda's strikes, they covered their heads.

but the expected magic didn't strike.

"Esmeralda, shoot it!!"

but still no respond.

"Esmeralda!? oh sh... ESMERALDA!!"

she was crushed under a manticore's claws.

-----------------------------

p.s. Marcus' last name feels too forced, but unique in a way. i myself don't mind if we use that name, but if i may suggest... how about "Larson"

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

With her last breathe, Esmeralda slowly whispered her final words... "My name's bob, dammit, it's been bob all along."