Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[RP] DANMACHI

THIS IS AN RP ABOUT DUNGEONS HOW EXCITING

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

DANMACHI

In a dark shadowy room somewhere in the city of Orario, the people who are most certainly the bad guys had gathered. They were all well aware that they were the bad guys. They wore dark cloaks and black robes to emphasize that fact. They sat in dim lighting to hide their faces. Just like all bad guys should. That way they can pull of a spectacular face reveal at the appropriate time. They ate nothing but custard, which as we all know is the most evil of foods, and drank only peppermint-orange juice. That's right. These people were pure evil. And after the many hours of dull small talk about the weather, the party finally fell silent. Moments later a voice rumbled out, echoing back off the cavernous walls of the sinister room. "I'm pleased you are all enjoying the festivities." The voice said. Though it didn't sounds very pleased at all. "How goes the preparations?"

A robed man stepped forward quite eagerly. "Everything is going swimmingly my... boss? Err, god? Boss-God! It's going well Boss-God!"

There was a tense moment of silence as the evil-robe-ians awaited a response from Boss-God. When it finally came he sounded surprisingly happy. Happier than the robed men had ever heard him at least. "Excellent. Then soon we shall proceed."
The evil-party proceed through into the late hours of the night, at which point it was brought to a spectacular close when someone tripped over their robe and their hood fell down. This was a very serious offense in the evil community. And he was punished in cruel and unusual ways.

---
A FEW DAYS LATER.
---

After discovering that they all had young adventurers ready to enter the dungeon for the first time the goddess Inari, and the gods Dagda and Plitzintecuhtli decided to meet up in the tower of Babel and send them all off together. Gods do love their little ceremonies and events. And so the group gathered, only to find Hades already there with a member of his own Familia. It was quite the coincidence. Almost like, maybe, I don't know... An act of the gods? Or something?

On route Plitzintecuhtli met the goddess Hel and cheerfully invited her along to the event, though tragically, this made Plitzintecuhtli slightly late for the meet up. And he really didn't like keeping people waiting. Luckily, or unluckily as it may be, the others didn't notice his absence. Because Seth showed up.

"Hey, wow, Inari! You're packing on the weight there huh?! What have you been eating?" He glanced across at Dagda. "Has she been on your diet there big man? I thought that was a Familia secret, reserved only for those who are gunna become especially pointless." He flashed a smile at Artur Ila who was standing nearby. Not that he knew or cared what the boys name was. "Oh, wow. I think little Hades actually almost cracked a smile at that. For a second I thought we were entering the end of times there. Close one. Don't scare me like that again, eh buddy. There it is. That classic Hades pout. All is right with the world." The group fell silent for a moment. While Seth stood there looking pleased with himself. "Anyway, I just got bored." He turned to his new adventurer Ukufa, about to enter the dungeon for the first time. "Good luck in there darlin'. Don't go joining your family just yet okay? That wouldn't be any fun at all. I'll catch you later sweetie. Go cause some carnage for me." He said as sweetly as he could, blowing Ukufa a kiss and waving happily. He spun on his heel and marched away, walking right into Hel and her young new adventurer on the way. He groaned with disgust, wiped his hands vigorously on a newly arrived Plitzintecuhtli, muttered something about the next undead he meets receiving a painful re-deadening, and then he was finally gone.

"Why is his timing always so good? It's almost like he plans it all out." Inari wondered aloud.

"One of these days I might just kill him and be done with it." Hades added. Dagda and Hel considered it.

"I like him." Plitzintecuhtli said, drawing everyone's confused stares. "What? He's consistent. Like the rise and fall of the sun."

Dagda grumbled a general kind-of-agreeing-with-him noise. "There's something to that I guess. If Seth ever walked into a room and didn't set about insulting everything with a face then something must be very wrong." Everyone considered that for a while. Each realizing how creepy a quiet Seth would be.

"I say we just carry on ignoring him." Hel declared. And the matter was settled. All in a days work for THE GOD SQUAD! Wait, that's not why they're here...

After the whole Seth thing blew over Dionysus turned up looking like he'd spent the past night in a vicious contest with the contents of some whisky bottles. And he had. The winner was undetermined. A rematch had been scheduled for tonight. Inari and Dionysus split the bill on getting the gods and new adventurers a small ceremonial glass of wine, which they then drank. And the gods wished their Familia members good luck. Soon they departed and the Adventurers found themselves alone, standing at the entrance of the dungeon. On the precipice of danger and wealth. The start of their new lives, and possibly the end of it too.

Inside the dungeon the Adventurers would be presented, after a single long hallway, with a large spherical room. The walls of which were lined with passageways and openings. There were symbols next to each of them, stars, crosses, swords, one had a skull, one had a bow and another simply had an old piece of wood boarded over the opening. Should they choose too, they could stick together, but they could certainly go their own way if they preferred. Either way the Adventurers would have some choices to make.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 07 January 2016 - 03:38 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Tama

Looking up at the sky as she laid on her back soaking up the sun's rays, she couldn't help but yawn as she started to drift off to sleep....Or at least that was what she was hoping for. Not even 5 minutes has passed since she closed her eyes did a rock, not a pebble or something tiny but something that fitted nicely into the palm and was quite solid, come sailing by and made contact with her head. One that would've probably been the end of her had she not just used Juggernaut at the last second and upped her endurance. While normally one would, upon sensing an enemy attack would return fire, however, this was the usual between them. "Hoh? That was a nice reaction there. That skill is quite useful! I dare say you've gotten a bit faster since last time, well done hair ball!" the mysterious voice exclaimed with a playful yet amused toned which Tama only responded with a piercing glare.

The man she was glaring at? It was one of her familia's first-class adventurers, a level 5 by the name of Simon Ulster. He's also one of the high leveled adventurers that welcomed her kindly into the familia and also one of the ones that trained her.....and had a habit of hurling things at her when she wasn't paying any attention. One that he simply shrugged off and explained as 'training your senses'. Training my senses my ass. That was Simon's way of a 'greeting'. It's Just another excuse for him to play around and hit others, I'd say! was her thoughts back then. While he's a little too easy-going and can mess around time to time, he can get quite serious when he wants to. "Now now, there's no need to glare at me like that! Good grief, here I am waking you up so you wouldn't miss your first little adventure into the dungeon and this is the thanks I get, sheesh!" he complained, trying to act hurt. Tama just looked at him blanky, clearly not buying it.

Drooping his shoulders in disappointment in not getting the reaction he wanted, he continued "Anyways, it's your fault for lazing around at such an important time. Now, get off your ass and get going. How much longer do you plan to make Inari-sama wait for you?" With that, he got his reaction as Tama jolted upright, noticing her mistake. She didn't want to disappoint Inari-sama in the slightest. But she felt quite irritated that she managed to get pulled into Simon's act, again. With a sigh, "You could've at least gave me another 10 minutes, you know?"

Laughing as he walked alongside her as they headed for the tower, "Not a chance!"

Some time later....

Finally arriving at the tower, they met up with Inari, who was with some of the other gods, and a few others. "Apologies Inari-sama, got wrapped up in another matter." she bowed politely with her arm pressed to her chest. "Yea, snoozing on the ground. Though, I'm sure you were trying to beat your sheep counting record! Wahahaha!" Simon roared with laughter as he patted her on the back. Not wasting anytime in responding, Tama activated her skill and delivering a swift, yet powerful, kick to the crotch, sending him to the ground and rolling around the ground in pain while holding his crotch. "Can't you take a damn joke?!" he whined as he continued rolling.

Bowing again, "I humbly apologize for the unsightly scene. Do forgive me." she said respectfully as Inari looked on with an awkward smile, not knowing exactly what to say at that moment. Before they parted, she proclaimed that she'd do well and not tarnish the familia's name.

Inside the dungeon, the new adventurers arrived at a large spherical room, one that was covered with different passageways and openings. Each one had different symbols on them. Having made her selection, she looked at the other adventures. "Now let's see...." her eyes came across a strange creature, probably from the Hel Familia from the looks of it. A zombie, huh? With a grin, she muttered in a low voice "Meat shield get!" before looking for someone else to drag along. There her eyes rested on a big guy with a club with an even bigger bull beside him. What really got her attention was the fact he had this strange feel to him. His aura maybe? He just screams, let's go out and activate some traps and draw some enemy fire!! That aside....I wonder how much valis the both of them have... she seriously began thinking before shaking her head furiously and slapping her cheeks with her hands. Even after all these years I still act like a common thief. I musn't disappoint Inari-sama.

Choosing her targ---comrades, she charged in to 'recruit' them. "Come come Mr. meat shield." she dragged him off excitedly while going over to her other targ---comrade. "You too,  Mr. Trap Springer." she then proceeded to drag them to the passage way with the skull adorning it yelling "Now boys, a new adventure awaits!!" before kicking them into the passageway as she followed after them.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 10 January 2016 - 04:48 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Ukufa

It was like any normal day. She had gotten up and got to work on grinding that axe to a keen edge. Even through all these years she wondered why Seth had kept her close or even alive for that matter. What sadistic pleasure did he derive from it or was he just an extreme level adrenaline junkie, that thrived on life and death situations. Dismissing her musings she got ready to practice her swings and also practiced throwing her axe should the need arise.

She had been blessed with a little above average build and the muscle and sinew winded well inside her thick greyish fur to give her good account of themselves. She had broken the new target board that she had scavenged with her monstrous throw but still wasn't satisfied. As she was grinding her axe again, she heard the faint footsteps. Immediately turning around she found the smug face of Seth arrive in her quarters.

"Well furball!, today is the day. Make me proud." he said with a snide grin pasted on his face.

"You don't want to join your family yet, do you?" he said as he turned to exit. "Come on! I don't have all day."

Ukufa could barely repress her rage as she glared at his back, hoping to sear through that skin and reach his heart. She picked up her gear and headed out of the tent.

---

As she stood at the center of the large dome that marked the beginning of the entrance, she looked at the various gates. Mentally, deciding on which to choose as others too seemed to have gathered around. As she saw a party of merry adventurers trundle towards the skull shaped gate, she too took after them and entered the sword shaped room. Looking at what challenges may come her way and whether she had what it takes to avenge his family.

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 09 January 2016 - 08:13 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel

Dorian

Waking up on a ratty old mattress was nothing new to Dorian, but what was new was the fact that he had something to get up for today, and he didn't want to be late. Hopping out of bed he hurriedly got dressed, which is easy when you don't own more than one set of clothes, and he booked it to his destination. When he got there he thought instead of being late, he might actually be the first one to have arrived. Then he saw Lord Hades standing there waiting. Smiling to himself (as he always did when he saw his Lord) he ran over to him and quietly took up a place next to him. He stood silently and waited with Hades for... whatever it was they happened to be waiting for( he didn't really care as long as he had Hades there). The people that arrived seemed like a bunch of very unusual, and dangerous characters. But he had his Lord with him, so what was there to worry about, right?

-----------------------

After Hades and the other gods left, Dorian found himself looking at the entrance to the dungeon and wondered(not for the first time) if he was ready for this. As he stood there thinking, some people walked passed him and went into the dungeon. He shook his head. This was no time to doubt himself, the things he needed to do were too important.

He looked around after exiting the hallway and saw all the different doorways around the room. He also saw some... (cat-girl?) young girl(dog-girl?) approach a...(zombie?) young man and dragged him over to another guy, then she forced both of them into the doorway with the skull over it(boy was I glad to not be them)! Immediately after they went into that door the...(...) big lion-looking one went into the one with swords and it was probably even more dangerous with them in there.

So, not wanting to look like a chump, I headed over to the door with the board over it and started trying to take it off. I was secretly hoping that somebody not crazy would choose the same door. It's not like I'm scared or anything! I just...want someone to talk too! Yeah to talk too! So what I'm a people person! Get off my BACK!

Spoiler

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Artur Ila

Artur felt a little chill crawling down the back of his spine. Today was the day that he was going on his first adventure. He didn't know if the chills was coming from the excitement and anticipation or just plain nervousness. Maybe it is also because he has accidentally lost his mother's pendant and his pouch full of valis today. Perhaps it is all of those previous statements together in one twisted amalgamation of an emotion. All in all, things really weren't going well for Artur. Everything was a bit of a mess and out of order. But on the bright side, it is going to be the start of a brand new adventure, and he was pretty excited that he himself will finally start exploring the dungeons. Hopefully he wouldn't be adventuring alone because that would suck; adventuring alone is fine and all but the experience is meant to be shared.

At the same moment, Dagda looked down at the nervous Artur and gave a big grin. There was a sense of opportunity all over his face and Dagda, in all of his ways, had to seize the moment. "You feeling a bit cold there, Artur? You should go stand by the corner, it's 90 degrees there." He gave a hearty chuckle as Artur groaned with a slight grin over his face. Artur never really hated Dad jokes but man did he start having an appreciation for them.

The brief moment of slight enjoyment was quickly abrupted when the god Seth appeared on the scene.

"Hey, wow, Inari! You're packing on the weight there huh?! What have you been eating?" He glanced across at Dagda. "Has she been on your diet there big man? I thought that was a Familia secret, reserved only for those who are gunna become especially pointless." He flashed a smile at Artur who was standing nearby.

"You what mate?" Artur thought to himself when Seth insulted him. "I know I'm not great at anything, but damn."

After hearing those words, Artur sulked for a moment. Eventually, Seth got bored and the little ceremony ended and Dagda gave a little "good luck" to Artur and bid farewell.

Artur and the other new adventurers walked down the long hallway and arrived at the large spherical room - much to Artur's disappointment as there was no corners to stand next to in order to warm up - that was lined with passageways. It didn't take a long while before the fox lady that looked to be around his age immediately jump into action, dragging the zombie man and another unsuspecting bloke with her into the passageway marked with a skull yelling:

"Now boys, a new adventure awaits!!"

At least someone got some enthusiasm around here. Artur sighed in relief, thankful that he wasn't the one to be dragged into adventure without any real say. He looked back up to see the lion-beast adventurer went into the passageway marked with swords. Artur's fellow adventurers are already acting fast, and he didn't want to be the one to choose last. He saw a young guy head towards the door that was boarded over and immediately started to try to take the board off. On the back of Artur's head, heading towards the boarded off passageway was not going to be the best of plans, but it was going to be interesting regardless. He decided to join the young guy and headed towards the boarded off passageway.

"Hey, let me help you with that!" Artur said with a slight grin. "I've been rather board lately. Anyways, I'm Artur, and you are?"

With that horrible pun aside, he began trying to take off the board off with, hopefully, a good adventuring comrade.

Spoiler

Edited by Geo, 09 January 2016 - 05:18 AM.

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Zambo

Caw, caw, caw… cried a crow, lonely upon a branch. It called out for its friends once again, only to be greeted by a sharp metal object and the sound of shattering glass. The crow shrieked in surprise, scrambled off, making a mental note to leave this particular garden alone.

Zambo sat up, gingerly stretching his arms as he shook off the last vestiges of sleep. Sometimes the world had it against the sleepy, but little could be done regarding that fact. As he got off the bed he shivered as a cool draft passed through the dainty little room. Looking towards the source of the draft, he saw a window with broken glass.

“Crap…” he muttered, this was the second window within the week, it may be prudent he thought to get wooden rafters this time. It is then that he noticed the position of the sun in the sky, make its daily stroll towards high noon.

Panic fluttered across his chest, today was important! It was to be the day of his first adventure, and he was already late. With sleep but a distant thought, Zambo turned around and all but leapt into his little closet. Within minutes, he was dressed and ready, as he leapt back out of the closet and dove right out of the window.

He landed on the soft garden grass with ease and rushed out onto the cobbled streets. Luckily for the diminutive adventurer, the path towards the Tower was relatively straight forwards. Zambo was pretty confident he would make it as he raced past a carriage. It was then that his stomach decided to send his consciousness an angry letter threatening a riot if its demands were not met.” An adventurer can’t adventure on an empty stomach”, thought the intrepid speedster, a small detour wouldn’t hurt too much he rationalized.

He made a sharp left and headed towards the Bazaar. Now the Bazaar with its daily hustle and bustle of the regular folk from the city offered a different challenge. If not for what can be called creative maneuvering navigating through the crowd with any speed was nigh on impossible. As he made his way past the crowd, an apple vendor would find the apple in his outstretched hand miraculously transmuted into a copper coin.

Zambo reached the small plaza in front of the tower, as he chewed off the last bits of the apple. The party of gods and adventurers had already begun shuffling through the gigantic front gates of the Tower. As he raced to intercept the group, he noticed an overly large and familiar silhouette. He leaped towards the giant, and hopped onto his back in greeting, using the owls crossbow to scale upwards,

Yahelllo, Svend! Got a bit held up, but Nuthin ta worry about! I'm here now, all ready for some adveturin!” he said. cackling wildly in excitement.

Later as the group entered the starting area for the dungeon, Zambo still on Svend's shoulders, whispered, “Well there's only one real option for us… It has to be the one with the stars! Cause Stars are Radiculous!”

Spoiler

Edited by Jod, 09 January 2016 - 08:21 AM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

KillaZilla

KillaZilla

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Svend sat on the sturdy branch of a pecan tree at midnight, too excited to sleep... but too bored to stay awake. He passed his time by staring at another owl in the eye, participating in healthy competition at staying awake. The owl hooted to him in utter curiosity, “Owl-man..you know you can’t win right? Your a pygmy-owl…man.”, Svend hooted back with a cackle “I know, I’d surprise myself if I lasted another 10 minutes.” And Svend gave it his all and lasted another 10 minutes, surprising himself indeed. As a farewell to his acquaintance, Svend wrenched a nearby cluster of pecans, crushed it in his hand and passed them to the owl’s beak one after the other courteously. He wished a good-night to the tawny owl and climbed down from the branch breaking it in the process and feeling giddy as he stared at the branch in his hand. He then walked sleepily to his relatively huge tent, collapsing in his  bed.

He woke up next morning, conveniently 3 hours before the scheduled meeting. Despite the inadequate sleep he felt as if he overslept, he was sure the excitement took care of that. He got ready swiftly after a thorough brushing of his beak and having breakfast. With two hours to go, he started his half-an-hour long trek. When he reached the gates, as always the guards were foreign to him and were obviously startled and ordered him to leave out of horror. He showed his familia sign as identification and said “It seems that I’m invited boys, why don’t you just gimme an identity card of sorts to...” The royal guard interrupted him and said,” Ya, ya...the meeting starts in exactly…” he glanced at his watch and informed him: “11 minutes, you’d better hustle.” Svend hid the sting and just nodded and trotted down the town attracting less attention than last time, this made him feel optimistic that the townsfolk will eventually accept him...maybe. He reached the almost empty plaza at near-perfect timing. He saw the gods having a discussion, in which Seth seemed to be doing most of the talking. He courteously gave them privacy and put his back against a nearby wall and tried to take a nap till everyone came. Trusting that Zambo would wake him anyway, he dozed off.

He was awaken by the loud hum of the crowd as the last adventurers were entering the dungeon. He jogged in and reached the last group to enter. As he strolled to the distant spherical room at the end of the hallway keeping in pace with others, he felt a tug on his back.

Using his owl-neck, he turned backward. He came face to face with the boyish grin of jolly Zambo.

“ Yahelllo, Svend! Got a bit held up, but Nuthin ta worry about! I'm here now, all ready for some adveturin’! ” he said. cackling wildly in excitement. Svend giving his best attempt at putting a smile on his owl-face, queried jokingly “ Hey there, you’ve definitely grown considerably taller haven’t you?”  He turned back around and saw that they had reached the spherical room, the other adventurers headed down their passages of choice.

Zambo whispered to Svend,“Well there's only one real option for us… It has to be the one with the stars! Cause Stars are Radiculous!” Svend nodded in silent agreement but heard a pair of people grunting and groaning as if they were fighting one another. But when he turned he saw the pair wrestling with a board. He went forth and requested politely “ Excuse me.” so as to clear the way. He gripped the board and wrenched it out with ease and threw it aside. He extended an arm out to both of them and said,”Pleasure to meet you both, I’m Svend and this here’s Zambo. Now that you both owe me, wanna tag along?” Leaving them with a choice, he walked through the star marked doorway...

Edited by KillaZilla, 09 January 2016 - 03:02 PM.

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel

Dorian

As Dorian headed farther into the tunnel he told himself that he would pay back that... (Owl-faced?) young gentleman if he ever got the chance. Right now though, he needed to focus on his surroundings. Looking around he saw that the guy that had come over earlier to help was going into the tunnel with him. Dorian tried to hide his relief, but he was really glad he wasn't alone. Though he knew he would have to keep a close eye on the guy since he was an adventurer, and adventurers couldn't be trusted.

Dorian drew his(cheap ass) Longsword and began to walk into the tunnel. Looking back over his shoulder he spoke to his(for now) companion," You may want to ready your weapon"  he turned to face forward again. "We don't want to be caught unaware, now do we?"

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Thoth Familia, Baron Samedi Familia, Selene Familia.

Last nights Familia party had been a good one. Thoth threw pretty wicked sick ragers. It was what he was known for. And he did like four keg-stands last night. Then Baron Samedi had turned up, apparently he'd been taking a moonlit walk with Selene when they discovered the party was happening. Not one to miss out on a party Baron Samedi convinced Selene to join him. And the night either went uphill, or downhill from there, depending on either your perspective on the matter or whether or not you were doing a keg-stand.

And now, here the three gods were the next morning. Walking to Babel Tower to meet their young new adventurers. As they walked through the busy mid-morning streets of Orario Selene masterfully turned the conversation towards last nights party.

"You are never getting me to another one of those parties again Baron." Selene declared. Confusion spread across Baron Samedi's face. The kind of confusion that usually comes after he realizes the last cigar he'd smoked was actually his final one and his box was empty now that he reached inside.

"What? What are you talking about? We had a lot of fun last night."

"No. You. You had a lot of fun last night. I spent the night being hit on by a house full of... Mini Thoths." Selene shuddered slightly at the thought. Baron Samedi's mouth made a little O shape. "And that's not to mention regular sized Thoth. Regular sized Thoth was even worse."

"Yeah. Sorry about all that." Thoth cut in. Even though he totally wasn't listening to their conversation at all. Nor was he sorry. "Just. You know. Had to give it a shot didn't I?" Baron Samedi raised an eyebrow.

"You did not have to do anything." Selene said. "And you certainly didn't have to that... thing... that you did."

"Actually that part I did have to do. I lost a bet a few weeks ago and I owed someone a thing. That was the thing they wanted."

"Well it was not the thing I wanted."

"Are you sure?" Thoth gave her a cheeky grin and waggled an eyebrow. Selene granted him a little laugh at the silliness of it all.

"Where the hell was I during all this?" Baron Samedi asked. "I would have loved to see whatever the hell you guys are talking about."

"Pretty sure you were talking about how rum is made with one of my bros. They love that kind of stuff. But hey, you never know, maybe if you can convince dear Selene to come to another party you'll get a second chance to see it."

"Not likely."

Baron Samedi Grinned. "Oh?" He lit up a cigar as they walked and began to talk.

Eventually the group arrived at Babel Tower. And by then Thoth owed Baron Samedi three bottles of rum, a crate of oranges, two pigs and a party. Selene had agreed to think about going to another Thoth Familia party. And Baron Samedi had finished his cigar. Nobody was really sure how it had all happened but Baron Samedi was certainly pleased with himself.

---

A short time later. Gathered in the bottom floor of Babel, just above the dungeon entrance, the three gods met with their three Familia members. Each of them new to adventuring and about to embark on their first steps to, hopefully, becoming rich, powerful and famous. Of course, each had their own reasons, but the money and renown would still be a nice side bonus even if it wasn't what they were aiming for.

Baron Samedi gave his Familia member, Eddie, a commemorative bottle of rum. And told him he'll be disappointed if it isn't empty the next time he sees him.

Selene simply gave her Familia member, Desna, a gentle hug and a kind smile.

Thoth slapped his Familia member, Matthias, on the back. Squeezed him tight, then told him that if he dies on his first day then they couldn't be bros anymore. So he shouldn't die. Also, that if he finds anything with strange properties or anything that might be a nice find for the world of knowledge, then he should bring it back. Or at least do the testing and then write up a detailed report when he returns. With pictures and everything.

---

The trio of adventurers eventually found themselves in the same room as the others. A large spherical room with passageways coming off of it. Loads of them. Each one a little different. Some had symbols next to them. Some didn't. Some had triangles. Or squares. One had a crescent moon with a few little stars twinkling nearby. Another had what appeared to be a self portrait of the man whom carved all the markings. There were many, many more that I won't list. Because that list is long. And nobody wants to read that. Pick a damn tunnel.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 10 January 2016 - 05:35 PM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Matthias Crane

Matthias was faced with a dilemma. He wanted to stay bros with Thoth, really he did, but he figured he was pretty prone to dying down here. He hadn't been in a dungeon before, let alone the dungeon, and he was under the impression that things down there wanted to kill him. Unfortunately for him, he had a bit of a fallout with his father after ditching their market gig 3 nights in a row to go to Thoth's ragers, so he didn't really have much of a choice--there was no bread baking, ladies dress making homestead for him to return to. (This was factually incorrect, but Matthias was stubborn and so was his father; in two years, assuming both parties remained breathing, there would likely be a homecoming and they'd hug it out)

And so he delved into the dungeon below, accompanied for a small distance by two other people he had never met before. It was a crazy world, adventuring with strangers. Within minutes, they arrived at a room with several more people he did not know. Truly, this dungeon was not to be trifled with.

Having already made reliable friends (and because he lacked the extroversion-boosting properties of alcohol), Matthias decided to not speak to the new strangers, and instead stuck it out with the old strangers. Turning to the two of them, he pointed at a pathway at random. It was a tunnel marked with a moon and a bunch of little stars. It was strangely elaborate, and clearly the best tunnel around even though it was selected by random chance.

"Want to head this way?" he asked, barely quivering.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Desna

Desna's first thought as she stood at the base of the tower was how very phallic it was.  She had been living in its shadow for her entire life and must of looked up at it countless times in her life but this was the first time she found herself thinking like this.  It was just so aggravatingly tall and slightly askew that it bothered her now as she stood in the yard before it as adventurers from all walks of life gathered and prepared to enter it.  Their were allusions to be made here about this situation that she desperately wanted to pursue but it was already taking all of her energy to maintain her calm and distant demeanor thing she had going on.  What with all these dirty, ugly people brushing by her and leaving their stench.  They didn't even seem to notice her.  The gall.

This was why she had to go in.  Even with her peerless self adorned with the highest fashion of their time they failed to see her clear superiority and make space.  Could they not see the cost of it?  The cut of her hat and long sleek coat should of invoked in them all the clear distance between herself and them and yet even then some clod nearly ran into her in his rush.  It took a considerable amount of effort not to glare at him as he made some halfhearted attempt at apology in passing.  She didn't of course.  Desna's eyes, which were perfectly matched in color with the gems in her ears, would be wasted on such a display.  Hold it in girl.  Soon, your worth will be made apparent to them all.

You know, if she didn't die.

Which she got the distinct feeling for the first time in her life might actually happen as she looked at the two people Selene had suggested to go with.  They really didn't give off the whole capable vibe she had been hoping for.  One of them even spoke in some indecisive manner as he tried to push the burden of choice onto someone else's shoulders.  Desna couldn't remember his name but then again it probably wouldn't be important to do so anyway.  This was likely only going to be a one time thing on her road upwards.

"Was that ever in doubt?"  Desna struck out towards the sign of a moon and stars.  It seemed pretty clear that this was meant for her.

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 10 January 2016 - 08:27 PM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Eddie

Eddie looked over his shoulder, making sure the good Baron wasn't looking before pouring the bottle's contents onto the dungeon floor. The golden-brown liquid trickled between the cracks in the stone to quickly dry out after a few minutes. Though his underlings had no face, and therefore no facial expression, Eddie could still sense their disapproval.

"What? Don't look at me like that," Eddie snapped at Randy the skeleton. "I love the Baron but that stuff is poison."

For what it was worth, Randy quickly dropped the subject as they walked further into the dungeon, trailing behind the two cohorts the Baron had sent along with him. They both seemed nice enough. More importantly, they both seemed to be perfectly healthy with no apparent marks of body experimentation on either of them! For now, at least.

Randy jumped up and down excitedly as the group entered a spherical room. 

"Ah, the crossroads. How lovely." Eddie proclaimed as Randy quickly hurried over to one of the doors. Etched above is was the symbol of a skull. Randy was pointing at the symbol, urging the rest of them to follow him in. Eddie smacked the skeleton on the head with his cane. 

"Don't be ridiculous, Randy! Skulls represent danger and death, we wouldn't want to expose our new friends to that sort of thing!" he leaned closer and whispered to Randy, "Besides, there are most likely undead in that dungeon. Absolutely no fun to play with, as you well know..."

Randy nodded in head in acknowledgement. 

The boy in his party, Mark or something rather, had stopped in front of a different door. This one had the symbol of the moon and stars. "Want to head this way?" he asked quietly. The other one, the woman, seemed much more confident as she strolled past him and proclaimed "Was that ever in doubt?"

Eddie shrugged, following after her and flashing a wink at Mark as he shouldered past him with Randy trailing right behind.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Artur Ila

Svend, another beast man who was part owl from the chest up, was kind enough to break the wooden board that was placed in front of the passageway. It looked like he didn't give a single hoot when it came to breaking it down, so he looked like a pretty formidable adventurer. There was a little sense of shame inside of Artur as he was unable to remove that board and frankly was struggling with it. With his small act of kindness, Svend gave a proposition to Artur and the other guy that still hasn't told Artur his name. How rude.

”Pleasure to meet you both, I’m Svend and this here’s Zambo. Now that you both owe me, wanna tag along?”

"Nah, I'm OK for the moment. I still owe you though, but I don't have a single valis to my name..." Artur replied as he declined the offer. "My name is Artur Ila, and I hope we meet again. Maybe next time?"

Artur waved farewell to Svend and Zambo as he followed his new unofficial companion - because he said so - deep into the passageway. Then, as he was looking around the tunnel, he just had a small realization.

"Wait... we totally could've just crouched below that board..." Artur said with a slight groan. "I can't believe I didn't realize that sooner."

Artur's companion drew his longsword, which looked pretty cheap like Artur's own glaive, and looked behind his shoulder to look at Artur.

"You may want to ready your weapon,"  he turned to face forward again. "We don't want to be caught unaware, now do we?"

"True." Artur replied as he took out his glaive.

Spoiler

Edited by Geo, 10 January 2016 - 10:54 PM.

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Samson and Salvador

Samson believed that the more definitely meant the merrier. He found no reason not to accept the invitation extended to him by his fellow adventurer. Ecstatic and overjoyed, he immediately wanted to approach his new found comrade. However, he couldn’t just yet; he had some convincing to do.

From behind him, Samson could feel the disapproving gaze of Salvador. He never liked travelling in groups, and aside from Dionysus and Samson, he disliked most people who come close to him.  Salvador knew that he still had a chance to make a run for it; he never signed up for this, it was Samson who kept on dragging him into these sorts of problems. However, before he could even take a few steps backwards, Samson had already approached him and started to push him from behind.

“Let’s go, Salvador! Its time for some adventure!” Samson exclaimed in a boisterous shout as he chuckled.

Panicked with sweat trickling down the entirety of his massive body, the overwrought bull did his best to struggle and break free from Samson’s grip. Both were technically equal in terms of strength and it was noticeable as neither of them were budging. Eventually, Samson grew tired of what he was doing and simply let Salvador go. But before he did, he had whispered something in his ears.

“Fine, you can go back if you want to. Be careful though, you’re going to be alone.”

With a grin on his face, Samson walked passed Salvador. With his head facing downward,  Salvador eventually followed his master. It was clear who was victorious; Samson knew his bull all to well.

Patting Salvador on his head, Samson approached the white-haired female and introduced himself.

“Good day to you, young miss! I am Samson, and by my side is Salvador!”

However, the reply Samson had received was far from what he was expecting.

"You too, Mr. Trap Springer." The white-haired female said before proceeding to drag Samson and another to the passage way with the skull adorning it. "Now boys, a new adventure awaits!!" She then yelled before kicking them into the passageway as she and Salvador soon followed after them. 

Spoiler

Edited by Juro, 14 January 2016 - 12:40 PM.

Visitor

Visitor

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location--

Go'on Preach

5vy4wx.jpg

Much like a child whose parent hadn't come to the "Bring Your Familia To The Dungeon" dance, Go'on was left feeling isolated, but not so much ill-treated. It wasn't that his Deity didn't want to go.. it was, more so, that he couldn't. The very idea of a Deity, left limited and unable to go where he pleased seemed intolerable, and yet, such a Deity existed.  Go'on gave a small chortle at the thought. "Hihoho~"  But Kuebiko was a rather understanding, if not all too understanding Deity. He was sure that the Deity was feeling the shared emptiness, and thought to write of the wholesomeness he felt from the Familia gathered around him. It was appropriate. Certainly he thought so. Pencil and paper in hand, Go'on took a glance around himself, and then proceeded to express his thoughts in the written word. 

Jitterbug

Little vermin,
Creature of the little world
You’re happy, aren’t you?

His feelings were complete. 

The very thought of traversing through the Dungeon, a domain so full of secrets and things unbeknownst to the common eye was certainly something to take in. Not so much the idea of peril, but more so, the idea that there was just so much to learn from within. Go'on had certainly thought so. Regardless, those who wished to tread through the indiscernible would be facing a threat less common than those dealt with above ground; Monsters. And, while he had heard much from Kuebiko about them, he was quite unsure of what to expect. Perhaps it was that thought alone that had saved him, or rather, misdirected the illness of its initial purpose. Standing before him were many unfamiliar faces, that very feeling of uncertainty having been shared throughout each of them.  Go'on had heard many things about the other Familia -- namely the bad things, but gossip almost never left the tongue without a sour thought. He had prepared himself, and thought it best to see for his own eyes what the other branches were like. Surely, it would ease the feeling of strangeness in his heart, as this was quite a heavy feeling to him, at the time. The very thought alone had left him quite anxious. 

And yet, he had many options. The others decidedly took to the entrances left before him. Some were rather simple in design, others, implying the idea of pure dread. It was laughable, and yet, it left Go'on curious. "The skull is merely a means of a front, isn't it? It's blatant design must be meant to test the mettle of us Adventurers! Bah, I willingly accept that challenge." 

It had seemed as if he wasn't so wrong in his decision, as the folks up ahead had formed a trio, though, it seemed unwillingly. Musing over the thought, he took a step forward, his arms outstretched invitingly, as he made his presence known to the troupe.

'

"Typically, a sign like this would mean danger, huh? I'd say it's laughable, wouldn't you lot' agree?

x.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Seth Familia.

Choosing the route with a sword marking was a bold choice. If it had been marked with a sword that probably meant you would need a sword. Or that you should be wary of swords. Something sword related at any rate. And Ukufa had an axe.

A bold choice indeed.

Ukufa walked the corridor for a while. Plain, dark and dirty walls on either side. Cracked stone underfoot. The light slowly getting dimmer the further she went. And then, as the lighting became low, she would probably have been able to start hearing noises. The chattering of teeth on bone. Of metal on stone. The squeaky, gutteral, squeal of something small and vicious. Multiple somethings.

A bend in the corridor revealed Goblins. Three of them. Small humanoid creatures with sharp pointed teeth and large dark eyes. Their murky green skin almost blending into the shadows of the room Ufaku had come across. They hadn't noticed her yet. Instead they sat there, one of them clattering what appeared to be the broken lower half of a long-sword against the stone floor. The other two were chewing on the same rather large bone, teeth tapping away and they growled out noises at one another.

OOC:

Spoiler

Hades Familia & Dagda Familia.

Dorian and Artur were, quite possibly, the smartest of the adventurers. Or maybe just the most frightened. For they were the only ones who readied their weapons. And it's a good thing they did, otherwise that dead end would have totally snuck up on them. That would have been bad.

OOC:

Spoiler

Plitzintecuhtli Familia.

Taking the path marked with a star the two members of Plitzintecuhtli's familia strode on towards a bright future. As bright as the stars that marked their path perhaps? Only time would tell. But all we know for now is that the pair probably wanted to fight some monsters. That was, after all, the whole reason they came here. And when you want to fight something. You want to fight something cool, right?

Just then the two heard a noise. A strange noise. A noise unlike anything they, or perhaps anyone, had ever heard. A strange mix between a gargle, a growl and a roar. And it was coming from above them. Suddenly a creature dropped from the darkness above.

As it fell from the ceiling it looked mighty. It looked magnificent. It looked like the bad-ass off-spring of a lion, a tiger and a bear. Oh my! Plus some sort of Hawk-dragon thrown in just for fun. And who knows where it got those fangs. Maybe some sort of snake? Like a giant snake? Who knows?! Who even cares! This thing looked vicious and monstrous! It looked like hell in a leather jacket. It looked like it was ready to tear the world apart and feast on it's gooey core.

And then it hit the floor and collapsed like a badly built bridge right in from of Zambo. Turns out it was just a slime.

The slime tried to jump at Zambo.

OOC:

Spoiler

Thoth Familia, Baron Samedi Familia, Selene Familia.

Down the dark path marked with a crescent moon and stars,
the young group now traveled, but who knows to... whars.

Suddenly they stopped, because that rhyme was really forced to work,
also because of the enemies who were about to go berserk.

A small group of kobolds blocked their way,
all thoroughly intent on wrecking their day.

They were all snarling and growling, their heckles were raised,
something had rustled their jimmies and would regret it for days.

They had human-like bodies with angry dog heads,
and I'll bet the adventurers wish they were back home in their beds.

And so the beasts charged in, all teeth and sharp claws,
this was their first step in surviving the dungeons floors.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 12 January 2016 - 03:19 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

The Violent Soul

As she walked inside alone, she could feel a strange sense of calm wash over her. It was just her against whatever was inside and seeing that this was a dungeon that housed monsters, it can't be anything pleasurable. Well for common folk atleast, not Ukufa. She was weird, her soul apparently thrived in violence. The thrill of being chased and the intoxication of hunting both brought a weird satisfaction to the Lycan.

As the darkness slowly permeated her senses and her pupils elongated to better cope with the low light, she could hear the distant clamoring and clattering of something. The hair on her nape stood at its end as blood rushed into her arms and her grip tightened on her axe. She slowly rounded the corner, crouching so as to take a peek at whatever was causing the clamor and was greeted with the sight of three goblins. Happily seated on the floor as one played with what appeared to be a blade. 

She crouched slowly and soundlessly as she neared them before breaking in a lunge and aiming straight for the head of the armed goblin, hoping to lob its head clean of its torso. Surely, that'll give her a surprise opening in quickly over powering the group. She was confident in her strength but it was her first time and anything was possible. Luck is a cruel mistress.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

- The Non-sensical Adventures of Artur Ila & Co. -

Artur and his companion were prepared to face whatever may come against them. Artur got his glaive out and his companion in turn had his longsword, who knows what lies beyond this passageway and who knows if they might catch them off guard. There was a small sense of anticipation inside Artur. His first adventure, wow, exciting. The two adventurers walked silently for a few moments, keeping their senses up, until they both made a peculiar stop.

"Oh come on, you can't be serious." Artur groaned in disappointment. "This passageway lead to a bloody dead end. But I can't say I didn't get caught unaware of this... but maybe this was the completely logical reason to board this passageway up."

He chuckled a bit and went closer to the dead end to examine it. He felt it briefly and gave it a nice good kick, not strong enough to really hurt himself.

"Yup, with my expertise in dead ends this looks like a dead end." Artur turned towards his companion and gave a sarcastic thumbs up. "I'll be honest, I'm too lazy to go back all the way. I rather just make the effort to see if there is anything hidden around here."

Artur took his glaive and started poking everything with it.

"I swear if I activate a trap..."

Spoiler

Edited by Geo, 13 January 2016 - 04:00 AM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Matthias

As someone who appreciated the finer things in life, like learning and pretty dresses, Matthias was certainly glad to learn something new today. What he learned was that he was terrified of kobolds. They had weird faces that weren't cute, despite being dogs. That was unsettling. More so than that, they had pointy weapons and a desire to ram those weapons up Matthias' proverbial asshole. And also probably his actual asshole.

And so, Matthias hoped to learn something else new this day: specifically, he wanted to learn that kobolds weren't shit. He set out to test this hypothesis. As the dogmen ran at him, he held back tears, held out his hand, and chanted harder than he had ever chanted before. A wave of dark purple energy enveloped the kobolds, and a wave of increased gravity pressed down on the creatures. The ideal in this situation would leave the kobolds crumpled and broken on the floor, whimpering meekly as they slowly went insane from the intense pain. Alternatively, his new friends could do everything for him. That would also be ideal.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Zambo and the Precocious Slime

Zambo enjoyed his ride on Svend's, rather soft plumage. The path the duo had chosen had little in the way of distraction, being a simple stone and mortar affair. Still even in consideration of their rather plain surroundings Zambo did not feel bored. He was far too amped from excitement to be bored. He sat crouching on his friend's shoulders, like a eagle on a cliff ready to dive down for prey. In this case said prey was Adventure!

Eventually, it came time for action, they spotted some kind of moving shape on the passage ceiling. Due to the play of light and shadow in the dimly lit passage, the shaped to take on epic proportions and shapes. It looked to be something legendary!

Zambo in his glee; he leaped into the air with hooting with excitement… Almost. Curbing his enthusiasm somewhat, he whispered into Svend's ear. “Hey! I think that's the legendary Panda Dragon Bear! How cool is that! This is going to be amazing, our first kill a monster that cool!”

Unfortunately he wasn’t quite quiet enough, the noise caught the attention of the creature. Which turned around and dropped to floor, rearing its mighty… To the duo’s surprise as the creature came into view, it appeared to be a much more mundane monster. It was a slime. A most fitting hunt for the first time adventurer.

The gelatinous slowly quivered and jumped towards the duo, in an attempt to attack it. It was quite obvious that the slime was aiming for the smaller of the two heroes. Zambo decided to take offense to that.

“HAAH! THINK IM EASIER CUZ IM SMALL HUH! ILL SHOW YOU!” he shouted, jumping off Svend's shoulders. He made sure to jump right at the slime, ready to smack it in the face with his boomerang blade once the slime came within melee range.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE