Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Spoiler Review: If someday Japan animates this... It needs to be a movie...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

mrponeis

mrponeis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

Maybe it's cause I tackled it in one shot... It just popped in my recomendation list cause I liked Shingeki no Kyoujin and Daikousha Nagi and it was just lying there laying in my wait list and unknown to me it was finally complete scanlated... It was a torrent of information, too much for a love story if you ask me, lots of artistic license about sci-fi, that good old conflict about the good and evil in people hearts, and so much heart and self sacrifice that is what I would call it borderline narm (though I would be crying litters with some good voice acting...). Thanks to a small cast, that starts the story with a lot of cliche concepts, except for Mana, everyone got their fair share of characters development so it's easy to like everyone. Special mentions should go for what it could have been of Chika the first girl that was rich and a ingrate, to Katou Akemi, her replacement, that by the way, was poor (sure coincidences don´t exist); to Number 13, that I'm sure was lying; and the mysterious D that shared his life with Mana and kicked off most of the plot... and ended it, reseting Mana memories, but not her size just cause...

I'm still to read Denpa Kyoushi, so to me the art is very similar with another artist: The overall feeling is that I just read an edgier version of "Love Hina" sort of... Mana is virtually Sasaki Makie (from Mahou-sensei Negima!), Makoto is pratically Touta (from UQ Holder) with bleached hair, his sister Kuumi wouldn't look farfetched applying Shinmei-ryuu signature attacks and again Akemi-chan (my favourite) could easily pass as Konoka body double... Makes me wonder what his relationship with Akamatsu-sensei? The only exception is Tsuchida-san and just cause he is Satotsu (from Hunter x Hunter) lost brother... Well, though I'm not sure if "don´t have a mouth yet speaks a lot" could be passed as a family trait. Just to be fair, the plot and narrative makes up for all the art comparatives...

One more thing... I need to take a mention Isaac Montana somehow, so let me go with this: It's just me or there something about the American Girl never making into a love interest? She just reminded me of Lucy Winlad from Midori no Hibi, that too lost to the "somewhat magical" first girl. If Raku chooses Onodera in Nisekoi I think I can start a new trope! 

To end this some pieces of trivia...

1 - Nichirin Inochi, smells like a rip-off but if the dates on wikipedia are correct, she came before Anshin´In! I just don´t know how to blame Kumagawa for this...

2 - I need to add an "Name the Same" for Shintani Ryouko later...

3 - I still don´t believe that the 4946 was just a cute quirky to Mana... but I checked the goroawase and only got  よく読む "read well", again coincidences don't exist...

And one more thing... sorry for the screwed up review you ever read... I shouldn´t write these so early in the morning... Thanks Vistrans, Desudesu and all other staff envolved in this project and I hope you have enjoyed this manga as much as I know I enjoyed it!

Até mais ver

mr. Poneis

Edited by mrponeis, 07 January 2016 - 06:58 AM.