Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Disappointed

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Disappointed (123 member(s) have cast votes)

Disappointed or not

1. Voted Yes (98 votes [79.67%])

Percentage of vote: 79.67%

2. No (12 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

3. Indiffernet (13 votes [10.57%])

Percentage of vote: 10.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
hey are you guys disappointed that this series was cut short cause of the unexpected dead of the writer :( or you aren't fussed and this series didn't interest you

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
He's dead, when did this happen? As for HotD, it's passable as survival horror with ridiculous amounts of jiggly fanservice, and although it's not a masterpiece by far, I do like to know how a story I started reading, ends. What grates most in my opinion, is that the author is a bit of a wacko nationalist.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
well you know when japan had the floods last year or early this year is when he died in the floods :( and thats why there are no more new chapters and it was a good series and there is a game that is was based on (well the mutant theme anyway) but he was a good author and had a good imagination

Posted Image

Posted Image

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
I didn't know that... And while it wasn't one of my most favored series I still enjoyed reading it.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
yea it was a good series it had potential to be one of the best series and main stream like naruto, bleach and one piece but its a shame and it is a true fact that not many people know :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
:o
Didn't know he died. I didnt read the manga, but anime was quite enjoyable(regardless of all the fanservice and bad reviews).
Too bad, maybe we could've seen a sequel :(

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
To bad.. kinda liked it though, did watch all the anime but never read it. do you guys recommand me to read it?

yea it was a good series it had potential to be one of the best series and main stream like naruto, bleach and one piece but its a shame and it is a true fact that not many people know :(

You just liked the fan service just admit it!

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
Didn't knew about the author... Sad
But I'm disapointed in the manga itself that focus more on fanservice than storyline. That's why I dropped it.

Posted Image

Sun-Ken Rock – Gunnm – Memories of Enamon

Spoiler

ryvrdrgn14

ryvrdrgn14

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
I liked the manga more than the anime. I stopped reading it after awhile, but I was hoping to pick it up again someday. It's always sad when a story doesn't get a proper ending.

"To have so many creative people who can tell wonderful stories is a blessing."

"Not being one of them is a curse."

Posted Image

Deviantart Page | Youtube Channel

Mad_Scientist

Mad_Scientist

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationStuck between a rock and a hard place.

hey are you guys disappointed that this series was cut short cause of the unexpected dead of the writer :( or you aren't fussed and this series didn't interest you

I have been searching whether what you said is true or not. So far, I do not see any website stating that the author is dead. Also, what is the name of the author?
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes"

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
D: I didn't know That. Wow... that sucks. I felt the same way when the Mangaka of Nyan Koi! got sick. Though I haven't read anywhere if they're better or not. But I'd like to see the Manga continued.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
OK well he hasn't been declared dead but he hasn't been found from the flood so its safe to assume that he is dead

Posted Image

Posted Image

Karlito504

Karlito504

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Oh wow, I had no idea....info concerning the matter is rather scarce though. Definitely was an interesting series, and I would've liked to see where it was going plot-wise. I got into it because Shouji Sato is one of my favorite artists, but found the story surprisingly fresh.

Edited by Karlito504, 15 November 2011 - 11:30 PM.

realtalkallday

realtalkallday

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
All i knew is that it was on hiatus way before the earthquake. I like hsotd because the whole zombie apocalypse theme has always been a favorite for me. It goes back to the Night of the living dead movies and the Resident Evil games (also a fan of The Walking Dead). What sold me on this was the massive PLOTS. There's plenty of other manga to read while this gets updates, so all you can do is wait and see, and that's fine with me.

ravenblitz

ravenblitz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGetting there...
no solid proof that the author is dead... it's a bad joke spreading false rumors
Posted Image

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
The authors of Highschool of the Dead are two brothers, and they seem to be alive and well. It seems that the problem goes before the tsunami, when they had a big fight. I investigated for a while, and it seems that one of them wanted to finish the series with the current arc, giving the manga an open ending, while the other wanted to continue longer with the story, answer questions and give it a proper ending...

neji744

neji744

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
nice one ndanix at least you researched so i trust you more lol hope you are right. I also hope they just do both arcs because it is an awesome manga!!! one of my favorites along with naruto, onepiece , bleach, and KYOU KARA ORE WA!!

Edited by neji744, 18 November 2011 - 03:01 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
ok can someone actually give us a link or describe in detail what actually happened to the author, I don't really trust anything here. -.-

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Stormeagle

Stormeagle

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationItaly
Ok, can you give me the link where you found this news, hados9? Because I haven't heard of it, and if one of the authors of a famous manga such as HOTD is dead, I think there will be news somewhere, like ann or some japanese website.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
Well, I don't have the actual link (reason: Saw it a looooong time ago), but I remember checking on authors after the earthquake. There were lots of sites reporting, and even a Japan Missing Person Finder. I was the whole night checking if they were alright, and I remember laughing when I read that both of HOTD writters were safe and sound after the earthquake.

And, well... There is a simple reason for us to believe they are not dead... It would have been in Japan news, then it would've been said in the magazine they are serialized, lots of sites would have the information, and it'd probably be in the friggin wikipedia.