Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera headcanons

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Grotesque

Grotesque

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNot here.
this is for listing headcanons about the kubera verse.
What a headcanon is: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Headcanon&defid=6678501
(Will spiffy up this intro later)

tumblr_oqgy0s38HR1vmzl9wo1_400.png

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Headcannons...

Classic one (?), Sagara is Clophe and Cloche's mother/father..?

Teo tried to ask Gandhal if he remembered why he didn't eat seafood, and got an answer like "Would you eat baby monkeys, miss Teo?"

When Asha disappeared, her last thought was "Will I ever get to drink coffee again"

Ran doesn't eat baby monkeys.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Asha is a dirtbag and always has been?

That sort of thing?  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

Asha is a dirtbag and always has been?

That sort of thing?   :D

No. That's canon as Asha has said it multiple times.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

No. That's canon as Asha has said it multiple times.

Oh, is that all the way to being cannon now?

Wow, how times change......it hasn't been all that long ago that 3/4's of the fandom would get up in arms when I'd try to tell 'em that  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts
Headcannons:

Saha's favourite song is "I'm on the high way to hell" while Lorrain's favourite is "Stairway to Heaven".

Saha and Laila are Ananta quarters.

Saha and Laila are long-time pen pals.

Shakuntala is actually a tactical genius, when she puts her mind in it.

Saha loved Lorraine 'cuz she often liked to make him laugh.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

Oh, is that all the way to being cannon now?

Wow, how times change......it hasn't been all that long ago that 3/4's of the fandom would get up in arms when I'd try to tell 'em that   :D

People delude themselves, but Asha has been unrepentant since the beginning. I like Asha as a character and would argue that she's doing good, but motivations matter and her intent is revenge, not the common good. I would, however, argue that the people at the magician's trial were very stupid about her

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts

Saha's favourite song is "I'm on the high way to hell" while Lorrain's favourite is "Stairway to Heaven".

It seems that I reversed their preferences, according to today's chapter.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

What sort of head canon do people use to explain why nobody in the series can make any logical inferences as to why Asha can use Hoti Visnu? Is there some sort of god induced mental block like Asha/Leez's inability to talk about certain issues, the inability to accurately draw gods, or that knowledge of insight can only be learned from a god? If that is the case, it would be nice if Currygom had revealed that ages ago (possibly by having someone like Leez wonder about it) because all of the magicians seem dumb as a boards without it.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Maybe the "If a guy who misteryously has an halo over his head tells me that he must kill a lot of other people because it is the will of god I call the police because it seems a fanatic" headcanon?

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

Maybe the "If a guy who misteryously has an halo over his head tells me that he must kill a lot of other people because it is the will of god I call the police because it seems a fanatic" headcanon?

Calling the police is a logical response, but I'd expect you to wonder why he has a halo over his head when literally nobody else does or can. They don't have to agree to let Asha kill Kuberas, but I can't imagine anyone, not even Texans, being so stupid as to order the execution of someone when huge pieces of the puzzle are missing.

Pandorally

Pandorally

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMoved to Paris!
Asha used to have a great sense of humor before.... everything.

Leez have always wanted to be girly.

Gandharva is horrible at directions.

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Given that there's a lack of Magnificent Bastards in this series (maybe it's on purpose) given that the Primeval gods are barely characters, Sagara is a somewhat high-functioning Smug Snake, and Asha officially lost all chance of gaining that title this past chapter, my headcanon is that Asura happens to be one.

Think about it. After only surviving his fight with Yaksha by virtue of his opponent's mercy, Asura probably realized that if he wanted to be the top dog of the sura, he'd need to handle things more delicately. First, an alliance with Ananta and his clan by virtue of their sharing an enemy. This strengthened his clan (on paper) and seemingly neutralized Ananta as a threat. Next came getting rid of the other kings who he knew to be stronger than himself. Vritra lost all emotion, and thus all ambition, and his clan by extension was tattered, so the dragons weren't a threat. However, there was then the matter of good ol' Yaksha. Maybe Asura arranged a few things and granted Yaksha, that human enthusiast, an ironic death. But what of the other kings? Even if they weren't as powerful as Asura, they still were nothing to sneeze at, and that doesn't include the clans they led. The Garuda clan had been weakened by the deaths of many of its top members, and the Kinnara were neutral, possibly even divided on certain issues. That left Gandharva. Well, what do you know? There happened to be someone named Menaka whose personal beliefs might neutralize the threat of that clan if she was to gain influence, Qin Hui style.

Plus, as an added bonus, even if the sura race did lose Ananta, guess who would be left as the top dog with him dead, Vritra off gods know where, and Yaksha gone?

Who's the one who sent just one agent to the human realm to "aid" Sagara, thus showing he was still loyal to the clan alliance, but at the same time having some degree of plausible deniability if the rest of the Ananta clan felt any need to protest? Who's the one who admitted refugees from other clans? Who's sitting at the top of the sura realm in terms of sheer influence?

Asura, that's who.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Yeah, I'm expecting Asura to become a big player in the future. The only thing that I don't believe is that Garuda is weak like the gods think. It wouldn't make sense for the King of the natural enemies of both the ananta clan and the asura to be so weak, if it was I suppose Garuda would have been killed long ago, seeing how the Garuda vs Ananta + Asura seems to be the longest and more traditional conflict among the sura

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Garuda isn't weak given that as one of the original seven kings of the sura, he's ranked among the most powerful beings in the universe. Based on Ananta's response to Tak's rampage after he lost his other emotions, I doubt that Ananta wanted to further destabilize the balance of power by getting rid of Garuda. Furthermore, the state of the Garuda clan compared to the Ananta and Asura clans implies that Garuda lacked the power to ensure his clan's future even with alliances being made, hence his deal with Kali. Even Maruna's thoughts imply that Garuda was weaker than Gandharva, given that he was outright impressed with the latter's ability to completely transform terrain with no visible effort, implying that Garuda hadn't quite impressed him as much.

Getting back to Asura (who incidentally originated as being right in the middle among the kings, with three stronger and three weaker than he), remember what happened in the previous draft of The Finite when Asura met up with Tak? He was willing to compensate Tak by helping him overthrow Vritra. Heck, going back to earlier parts of Kubera, remember his response to Manasvin's plan? About how it wasn't his style? In other words, he might have had something else going on and didn't want to risk anything with that plan, forcing the Ananta leaders to go to Gandharva.

Edited by Stagehand, 21 January 2016 - 04:34 AM.

• Ivy likes this

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly
Well, IIRC in the finite it was also said that Garuda was stronger than those in the asura clan.

Kubera ITA

Grotesque

Grotesque

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNot here.
Lutz hates Rao Leez for 'stealing his little brother'.

tumblr_oqgy0s38HR1vmzl9wo1_400.png

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts
Saha runs solely on caffeine and sheer willpower. Mostly caffeine.

Shakuntala had a transcendental for making flowers, which makes the people who know her just sigh.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

Asha's Bhavati Indras are the only "positive" thing in this series.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Philophrosyne

Philophrosyne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Gandharva is horrible at directions.

This fits so perfectly.  :lol: