Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

About Souma's Mother

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

titoviana

titoviana

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrasil - DF

So, i was Re reading here and i have a new theory. what if Saiba Jouichirou (  souma's Father ) in his Stagiaire Period went to yukihira place and things hapanned like being in love and such? it is possible, right?

Evangeline is my life

Maulis

Maulis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHungary

Don't think so that place is far too small for that.

jwillie4

jwillie4

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

I am beginning to believe that Souma's mother was one of the elite ten. Maybe the fourth seat? My thinking is that Azumi liked her, and thought that since he was who he was, she should be his. She fell for Souma's father after he defeated her in a shokugeki. Probably after Souma was born, she got sick and died. Leaving Jouichiro to  leave the school because his reason for cooking was gone. Souma likely became his new reason. Therefore he opened the restaurant in her name, to remember her. As Souma grew he took on his mothers cooking style. With his fathers influence of coarse. I don't know if they were married or not.

Edited by jwillie4, 27 February 2016 - 02:03 PM.

ARX7

ARX7

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I am beginning to believe that Souma's mother was one of the elite ten. Maybe the fourth seat? My thinking is that Azumi liked her, and thought that since he was who he was, she should be his. She fell for Souma's father after he defeated her in a shokugeki. Probably after Souma was born, she got sick and died. Leaving Jouichiro to  leave the school because his reason for cooking was gone. Souma likely became his new reason. Therefore he opened the restaurant in her name, to remember her. As Souma grew he took on his mothers cooking style. With his fathers influence of coarse. I don't know if they were married or not.

It doesnt line up with Souma and Erina being the same age, that said the latter half does make sense 

jwillie4

jwillie4

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Sorry, I should have expanded on my theory. I had thought Erina's father could have used a replacement for Souma's mother. Perhaps someone that looked like her. It would likely have been a girl already close to Erina's father. She could have liked him, and was used by him. Maybe that would make it possible for the two to be born close to the same time. I admit though, my imagination is somewhat weak. So, maybe I am missing some important part.

Maulis

Maulis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHungary

Sorry, I should have expanded on my theory. I had thought Erina's father could have used a replacement for Souma's mother. Perhaps someone that looked like her. It would likely have been a girl already close to Erina's father. She could have liked him, and was used by him. Maybe that would make it possible for the two to be born close to the same time. I admit though, my imagination is somewhat weak. So, maybe I am missing some important part.

Azami married into the Nakiri family, so I don't think he and Jouchirou loved the same woman as Azami could still look up to him after all this time..

HardBoiled

HardBoiled

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Don't think so that place is far too small for that.

Not true, I'm pretty sure Ibiki went to a small place that was in trouble.  There was at least 1 small place that one of the Polar Star's had gone to to help out.

Souma was personally requested so he was one of the lucky ones.

When I was reading the first few chapters again, it did show that Souma's mother was a blonde haired girl..  I wonder if maybe he married a 3rd sister?  Maybe he did Marry Erina's mother, but that doesn't explain their ages though...

Grandpa said that he was a "friend" when referring to Jouchiro.

The thing is, why did he change his name to Yukihara?  Possibly so that no one would know he is the world famous cook????

It's also possible that there is more to this than we think.  Why exactly is grandpa nikiri, and Jouchiro keeping tabs on Aizami?

titoviana

titoviana

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrasil - DF
I have a awesome theory. I was watching the anime again due to the second season very soon ( the hype is real ) and i did noticed two things. One... we dont know about soma's mother and who is tadokoro's dad. And both tadokoro and soma's eye are yelowish. .. what if tadokoro and soma are siblings? We know that tadokoro lives far away and saiba went through a problem during his study. Making him stop it. Well. It would be good. And a more acceptive theory. Dont you agree?

Evangeline is my life

jwillie4

jwillie4

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

I have a awesome theory. I was watching the anime again due to the second season very soon ( the hype is real ) and i did noticed two things. One... we dont know about soma's mother and who is tadokoro's dad. And both tadokoro and soma's eye are yelowish. .. what if tadokoro and soma are siblings? We know that tadokoro lives far away and saiba went through a problem during his study. Making him stop it. Well. It would be good. And a more acceptive theory. Dont you agree?

Actually, the author did a Q&A on twitter a while ago. In that Q&A he said that Souma's mother had died. 

kuraiaku

kuraiaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

The only clue we know is that her family name is probably Yukihira and her family own that restaurant from the beginning. Since Jounichiro's original family name was Saiba, and now he becomes Yukihira Jounichiro logic dicates that he takes after his wife's family name and inheriting her family's restaurant. It's probably the same case as Azami that changed his family name into his wife's family name.

Seansei

Seansei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I don’t think it’s likely that she was a love interest of jouichirou at the academy, or even his stagiaire host, because then it would have likely been a lot easier for people to find him with Yukihira as his last name. People would have known to look for her, or to check any ties he had. I think the most likely scenario is that he met her during the period of his life that he was a chef for hire? I’m sure their meeting will go along the lines of soma’s Mom seeing through/ being unphased by jouichirou and his cooking, which would be a welcomed change of pace compared to all the people that throw them selves at him just to eat his food lol.
It would be interesting to see them tie her to the current story line, but I don’t think it’s likely.
The one connection to the current story that I think will be made, is that soma’s mother’s death is the reason jouichirou stepped away from the high-profile cooking gigs. Resulting in Azami’s resentment towards soma and his mother. He wouldn’t sympathize with a grieving family, he would loathe them for having taken such a special talent away from the cooking world.
Just my thoughts

Edited by Seansei, 22 December 2017 - 01:17 PM.