Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Demon Lord's goal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

pothb

pothb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Not sure why, but I somehow am starting to think that the Demon Lord isn't evil. Aside from it being used more in recent times, I think the Demon Lord is someone who is pushed into that type of position, by say subordinate that started the war and as the Demon Lord, he/she has to defend themselves.

As to why I think it, I don't see why else the Demon Lord would try to go back in time. You might see the people sacrificed as a bad thing but if he can go back in time to stop everything, it would happen the second time around.

Since the release as sparse, I can't say I remember everything and somethings might disprove this, but I don't remember any.

Your thoughts?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I'm quite sure the first chapter of the manga & the LN mentioned that the one who started the war on the humans was a new Demon Lord who took over.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Vocah

Vocah

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I think the Demon Lord that started the war lost his family/loved ones and not too long after stumbled upon the Divine Dragon's Heart. With this he aimed to fill it to have enough mana to go back in time to save his family/loved ones and since his goal is to go back in time, he doesn't care about anything in his current timeline aside from reaching his goal.

decapus

decapus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

I have a feeling that the new demon lord is himself.. going back in time again due to some failure of this run

LordKragan

LordKragan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I have a feeling that the new demon lord is himself.. going back in time again due to some failure of this run

Not this again. Do you guys know the meaning of the word DEMON? Kail isn't a demon, he's a human. A bunch of chauvinists (which is how the few demons we've met till now) like the demons of this setting would never accept a member of their enemies' races. Also, do you hear how balls to the wall retarded your reasonings are? He's going to stop the damage done by the demons in the war that destroyed his homeland... by starting the war that destroyed his homeland. TOTALLY LEGIT!
STOP DOING THIS BULLSHIT.

oniikami

oniikami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

^ i think they just want to see the plotline go full circle which occasionally works or maybe not - depends on the audience. kind of like there's a murder mystery and you find out that the murderer was the detective - it's an appealing thought that the perspective or author's purpose of our main character is deceptive to the audience (it feels fresh i guess?).

and considering a lot of other time-travel stories wherein the main character was just better off not time traveling, or that time travel results in a self-fulfilled prophecy, i think the above commenters are expecting the same of this time travel-ish story. or the classic story of hypocrisy and irony of becoming the enemy that you sought out to destroy

that being said, i'm personally not fully convinced that our MC is the enemy demon lord since there's not enough evidence. not that it's completely impossible since we're talking about a fantasy genre here - who knows what is and what isn't possible to happen e.g. there's demon-transforming magic, or use of the dragon heart will gradually change the user (which is enticing since it might explain why the demon king didn't use the time travel stone for himself and was instead fighting the MC against it). other fan delusions would include but are not limited to: MC's conversion to the other side is the realization that no matter what he does the people he cares the most will die, the human side will attempt to kill MC's crew which causes MC's hate towards humans, MC tries to defeat certain humans in particular by siding with demons and in trying to help his own he incidentally kills them along the way via subordinates.

you know, like steins;gate

Edited by oniikami, 21 October 2016 - 07:20 AM.

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

MC tries to defeat certain humans in particular by siding with demons and in trying to help his own he incidentally kills them along the way via subordinates.
you know, like steins;gate

goddamned, I hate you! Next time write down that kind of info into SPOILER tags!!!!
There are some people who didnt finish Steins;Gate yet, you know...

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

the future demon lord might not even be a demon at all but a fallen angel that took over. 

Varenquen

Varenquen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Wrong place

Edited by Varenquen, 19 August 2017 - 10:37 AM.

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

seems like people knew about the end of the world about to happen and there might be an actual god involved. perhaps both demon and humans were controlled by a god acting as demon lord.