Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
As the Title says a discussion thread in regards to current scanlated chapters of Ao Haru Ride and other various things

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
The one weakness of this manga is actually like the weakness of quite a few shoujo romances:
A lot of the time I really don't get what she sees in him. Sure, when he was a kid he was nice, but he's really pretty much of a jerk now. I get that he's had a tough time yadda yadda, but how does that make it OK for him to go around inflicting a tough time on everyone?

On the latest chapter . . . it's funny how the frame of the manga shapes how you see things. It seemed like maybe he kissed that cute rival girl or something, and for a moment I was all "How dare you?"--but of course that's just because I know who the main character is and mostly see the action from her point of view. It's not like there's anything wrong with him being into whoever he wants; the character doesn't know who the lead is.

Boomsickle

Boomsickle

Potato

• Contributor
  • 146 posts

the character doesn't know who the lead is.

Best line Ive read in a while so true but yeah you get sucked into the lead and root for her more then you would for a rival
Posted Image
(Sig+Avt Made by rockiNangeL)

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
One thing about this manga--cutest relationship between two girls who are rivals for the same guy, ever.
Normally you get the rival girl is sneaky, spreads rumours, or bullies the main character, or stuff. Even when they're just both going for it fairly, it's normally kind of hostile.
But here they're all "Waah! I hate being jealous when you get close to him! Why did we have to love the same guy? I love you so much! (huggle)"
They should forget about him and make this a yuri manga ;)

Screwby

Screwby

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

The one weakness of this manga is actually like the weakness of quite a few shoujo romances:
A lot of the time I really don't get what she sees in him. Sure, when he was a kid he was nice, but he's really pretty much of a jerk now. I get that he's had a tough time yadda yadda, but how does that make it OK for him to go around inflicting a tough time on everyone?

Completely agree with this. In so many shoujo manga these girls fall completely in love with a guy who is very unlikable and they use the excuse that he used to be a nice guy or he actually is a nice guy on the inside - big perpetrator is Hot Gimmick imo.
Though for this manga, I don't think Kou is that bad. He seems a bit distant but he treats his classmates with respect and isn't arrogant. He teases Futaba a bit but I don't think it gets to the point where it's specifically to get her mood down. My main complaint was that he seemed ungrateful and childish towards his brother but it seems like it's being fixed now. He is getting way better now after this last chapter.

nomil

nomil

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationColombia
I like how she doesnt give up on him.

"Con la lengua nos quieren obligar ha pensar, que el pecado del hombre no es odiar, es amar"

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
Alright, this isn't exactly the latest chapter (although it's alluded to in it a bit), but...what was the library incident again? I know I read it, but it was a long time ago, and I don't feel like re-reading the whole thing just to find that one incident.

squealer

squealer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Alright, this isn't exactly the latest chapter (although it's alluded to in it a bit), but...what was the library incident again? I know I read it, but it was a long time ago, and I don't feel like re-reading the whole thing just to find that one incident.

It's when Futaba touched Touma's little, uh, peepee. lol

Kou's classmate? Thoughts? I have an inkling feeling it's a girl. Maybe. Also, I really like Touma. What a qt.

drsdv

drsdv

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
does anyone know when ao haru ride chapters are released?

Edited by drsdv, 21 June 2012 - 12:52 PM.

hoihei

hoihei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Locationwhere the book and cake meet
i feel that this manga will end in summer, in those festival that they have appoinment with but always got canceled due of something..

Raion

Raion

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

does anyone know when ao haru ride chapters are released?

Ao Haru Ride is published in a Monthly Magazine, usually released on the 13th day of each month. So I guess scanlation releases would take 1-3 weeks before releasing the translated scans. :)

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
Chapter 21. Well. Well, well, well. I can't believe Kou actually stepped up. Awesome!

rockiNangeL

rockiNangeL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationN/A
There's a turmoil inside me as I was reading chapter 22.
KJAHDFJKHADSGJKHAJH
I feel so sorry for Futaba. ;____;

Edited by SSS~☆, 21 October 2012 - 09:49 AM.

tumblr_nllawmmmfo1qdpo2no1_500.gif

hoihei

hoihei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Locationwhere the book and cake meet
looks like there is still long road for them to be a couple right? And when i was sooo happy when Kou kissed Futaba. Sigh~

sharks

sharks

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I hate Kou so much right now. I just can't.... believe... he did that.

Edited by sharks, 21 October 2012 - 06:48 PM.

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
ch 23 - ugg that is just so sad and after they had just gotten closer, I don't like this at all, especially when he ripped her name out of the book at the end so sad.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
Yeah. Well, this other girl, he likes her and he respects her, and he has lots in common with her, and he commiserates with her, they understand each other and he owes her. A debt of honour, if you will. Love is big, love is powerful, but that's a whole lot of stuff to stack on the other side of the scale. This is one of the few cases where maybe I can actually say I respect someone for choosing not-love, at least for a while.
The other girl, if you think about it, is actually also shoujo heroine material. You can imagine a manga written from her point of view, where she meets this guy, helps cheer him up, falls for him, then he moves away and maybe starts hooking up with his first love but then she moves to find him and tries to get him to see her as a woman . . .
All three girls competing for this dude could actually have their own show. It's one of the things that makes Sakisaka Io a good mangaka. Dunno what he did to be worth three heroines fighting over him.

AndTheHawk

AndTheHawk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

HRRNGGHHH ):<

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

here's something of interest.......

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-08/ao-haru-ride-shojo-manga-gets-live-action-film-in-december

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts

No kidding?  Although I have to admit, I basically never end up watching live action versions.  Once or twice I got my hands on one such, started it going, and just couldn't get through the credits because it felt all wrong and the people didn't look like the characters I'd come to know and be fond of.

Still, kind of nice that it's happening.