Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Discussion of the latest Chapters for Mysterious Girlfriend X. If you don't want any spoilers I suggest you get caught up first.

Battle Franky 37

Battle Franky 37

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTX
I like this series. Is this completed in Japan ?
Manga/anime Icons for Mac http://fav.me/d4w61af

No Comment

No Comment

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth
It's still ongoing and the scanlation is caught up too.

Posted Image

Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well until now we don´t really know a lot about the female lead, hope that will change soon.

xandaron

xandaron

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

well until now we don´t really know a lot about the female lead, hope that will change soon.

But then she wouldn't be "Mysterious Girlfriend X", she'd be "Normal Girlfriend A".

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

But then she wouldn't be "Mysterious Girlfriend X", she'd be "Normal Girlfriend A".

yes, you are right but the only thing we know is that she is female. I mean, it wouldn´t be that bad if we would know more about her parents, its not like all the mystery arount her would be solved.

xandaron

xandaron

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

yes, you are right but the only thing we know is that she is female. I mean, it wouldn´t be that bad if we would know more about her parents, its not like all the mystery arount her would be solved.

The possibility that the author hasn't even fleshed out her story is very much likely. I'm generally more interested in what sort of shenanigans Tsubaki will cause.

Boomsickle

Boomsickle

Potato

• Contributor
  • 146 posts
Yeah from the tittle youd think he would be working towards uncovering her secrets but who knows the arc its in now seems interesting yet seems like its dragging out of the main story but i don't mind. if this was weekly then i wouldn't care but since its monthly and has been out for 5-6 years now with only 62 chapters i hope he either switches to a weekly serialization or answers some questions quick

Oka is the most annoying person in this manga like why do you have to get in here business all the time
Posted Image
(Sig+Avt Made by rockiNangeL)

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
This is getting on my nerves, they've been dating like 2-3 years now (so many summers and winters) and not a single kiss, WTF... no holding hand not a freaking date, he has done so many thing with other people than his gf instead... :mad:

No Comment

No Comment

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth
Chapter 62, that "Mysterious Girlfriend Y" stuff had me laughing pretty hard.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
How on earth a film scenario named "Mysterious girlfriend Y" they could found? And same story as their? Are you kidding me :mad: .

But I liked their condition because they are playing soft S&M game but this time girl is dominant.

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
I don't get how it's S&M.
and yeah the MGY is on purpose~ if the author can come up with such a story, so can the characters in the story =P
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Oka is that meddling friend that people have nowadays. No need to hate.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts

I don't get how it's S&M.

It reminds me a bit reverse "nana to kaoru" relationship thats all.
And don't worry I like this manga since I have read 63 chapters at once :D
But I was a bit upset because every thing between akira and urabe is going to blow up with that film project.

for latest release (ch63.5) => I wonder if Youko knows about Akira and Urabe

Edited by mfozgur, 29 January 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Spoiler

Klapaucius

Klapaucius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNivlheim

This is getting on my nerves, they've been dating like 2-3 years now (so many summers and winters) and not a single kiss, WTF... no holding hand not a freaking date, he has done so many thing with other people than his gf instead... Posted Image

The mangaka grew up in the 1980`s. Although Japan still seems a pretty conservative society, I guess teenagers were much more restricted 25 years ago. He did write about that in the start of the manga, something about how he couldn`t relate to the sexual practices among today`s youth if I remember correctly. That`s why he chose an age (16) when he felt this behaviour was still believable, so the manga started at the start of their 2d year of high school. At this point in the manga, it`s 1 1/2 years later, they should both be 17 and in their 3rd year, and should soon be ready for university entry exams.
I must admit that I would like to see a little more intimacy on more levels than now, but I pretty much knew that progression would be slow when I started to read this. I still enjoy the story though, all the weird and funny stuff keeps me entertained.
Ego ne baptizo in nomine christi, sed nomine diaboli

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
I am really curious about what will happen next. Can Suwano reach Tsubaki? Is it going to turn a drama? and lots of questions :D
And I liked last chapter. Besides I want to see Urabe jealous hehehe!

Spoiler

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
The premise of the film thing is completely ridiculous, of course . . . there's no way someone would just happen to think of the exact same thing they're doing, not only that but having it work basically the exact same way (licked off the finger, daily dose etc). But, once you just say "OK, so it's ridiculous" and set it aside, it does make for some interesting tension going. I don't know what Urabe is thinking. And neither does he. And meanwhile, that lovely girl is quite into him (Why is a mystery, as usual with these male leads, but then it's a mysterious manga right?).

I just hope Urabe doesn't end up doing something like she always does--you know, matching the other girl's bare back by stripping down but in some way not letting him see, just giving him the effects of her embarrassment/turn-on in the drool. That was cute the first few times but dash it all, isn't it about time to move forward a little for real?

Klapaucius

Klapaucius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNivlheim

The premise of the film thing is completely ridiculous, of course . . . there's no way someone would just happen to think of the exact same thing they're doing, not only that but having it work basically the exact same way (licked off the finger, daily dose etc). But, once you just say "OK, so it's ridiculous" and set it aside, it does make for some interesting tension going. I don't know what Urabe is thinking. And neither does he. And meanwhile, that lovely girl is quite into him (Why is a mystery, as usual with these male leads, but then it's a mysterious manga right?).

I just hope Urabe doesn't end up doing something like she always does--you know, matching the other girl's bare back by stripping down but in some way not letting him see, just giving him the effects of her embarrassment/turn-on in the drool. That was cute the first few times but dash it all, isn't it about time to move forward a little for real?

Well, Oka found out about them, why not Matsuzawa or Suwano, who both have shown interest in our "hero" in the past? Or, as soon as someone talks about something, maybe overhearing a conversation between Oka and Urabe, it could be snapped up by, say, Matsuzawa as inspiration for a story and maybe an opportunity to mess with our couple. It is possible to come up with a reasonably logical explanation for this, but when that is said I won`t be surprised if the mangaka just keeps it a mystery. I`m fine with that in an Ueshiba manga.
This is one of the reasons why I like Ken Akamatsu`s mangas as well, he too never lets logic stand in the way of a good story xD
Anyway, our couple should be midway in their third year now, soon there will be university uptake exams, and they need to take some important decisions regarding their future. We can always hope that the filming can serve as a catalyst for change in their relationship. And yes, it`s about time now.
Ego ne baptizo in nomine christi, sed nomine diaboli

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
just read chapter 66. Ooh man just don't know what going to happened next. Can't wait for the next chapter thx for the release

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
I think we're reaching to the point where the two of them would actually kiss. I think they have been together long enough for that, doesn't anyone else agree?