Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

webtoons.com (aka LINE/Naver) is hiring translators and proofreaders.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Doonge

Doonge

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Hello people,

TL;DR: LINE Webtoon is hiring freelance translators and proofreaders, send them a resume in English to [email protected] if you're interested. Please pass the word around if you know somebody who might. (and/or pass along the attached file).

I'm a member of the Oddsquad Scanlation group, and I was contacted a while ago by a member of LINE/Naver staff. He wanted to get in contact with our translators, and some of them agreed to have a chat.

Long story short, he wanted to hire them, and one of our translators was very interested (she even went in Korea to complete her studies; that is not necessary however). She was hired, and she's currently quite happy with it.

The staff member from LINE asked me if I knew more people willing to be hired. I personally don't, but the community is big.  I'm posting here because it's the first one that came to my mind.

Lezhin made a similar annoucement (with the help of Grumpy), don't hesitate to compare the offers (competition is good for salary rates! ^^).

I don't exactly know why they don't take this kind of announcement in their own hands, but I guess publishers are still shy about publicly conversing with the scanlation scene. It's up to us to change the scenery, and promote freelance translation!

I included the attachment they gave me, which describes succintly the offer.

Attached Files

Edited by Doonge, 04 December 2015 - 03:56 PM.