Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Baito Saki released chapter discussion.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

It seems to be he likes her as a girl, instead of a daughter or a sister. I get the whole "fathers are picky about guys for their daughter" thing, but he was acting homocidal for laughs before he even met him. And so far, all he knows about him is that he's a more veteran super hero and that he's willing to protect her. (and maybe that he's a bit arrogant) Yet he attacks him strongly, even willing to attack him in the genitals. Maybe not because of any "father" type instincts, but because he likes her romantically on some level he clearly isn't willing to admit even to himself on. He saw him saying corny romantic lines and it only took realizing this was the confession guy to trigger this. In other words, a rival for her affection.

Edited by truepurple, 18 November 2015 - 12:14 AM.

Hollowcantaro

Hollowcantaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSpanishtan

"homocidal" :batoto_016: 

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

It seems to be he likes her as a girl, instead of a daughter or a sister. I get the whole "fathers are picky about guys for their daughter" thing, but he was acting homocidal for laughs before he even met him. And so far, all he knows about him is that he's a more veteran super hero and that he's willing to protect her. (and maybe that he's a bit arrogant) Yet he attacks him strongly, even willing to attack him in the genitals. Maybe not because of any "father" type instincts, but because he likes her romantically on some level he clearly isn't willing to admit even to himself on. He saw him saying corny romantic lines and it only took realizing this was the confession guy to trigger this. In other words, a rival for her affection.

But, Arihisa stated that he felt like a father when he went rogue in the previous chapters

Spoiler

Featured Projects:

- Lady Ayane is a Sanova B**chi

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

Buy Me a Coffee [link here]
Become a Patron! [link here]
Send some bitcoin (too expensive) satoshi? 1KjFCmpFiXDBLL6RwKJGkDhaQwe9JMx6nf

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Yes, lower right hand corner is the homicidal that I spoke of that Hollow seems to find amusing. Which could easily be attributed to seeing him as a rival in love. He's casually chatting about it in this page, clearly because he can't admit to his own feelings.

But again, he vigorously attacked this very same boy right after the boy she liked saved her (remember, he considers her "sister", and that is definitely not brotherly) and then ruthlessly strongly attacked his genitals. This is not the actions of fatherly or brother love but romantic rival.

Also he's talking about feeling like a father because they constantly call him father, which he hates. Just before what you are talking about "You've been calling me father all this time" and I could link to many pages in this same area where he's correcting them about him being their "brother" not "father". He might say the same thing about antelopes if they were calling him that instead. 'I feel like a antelope with you guys constantly calling me a antelope.'

If anything they act a bit like husband and wife with a big family. She takes care of the younger ones too and manages the household, and now helps pay the bills by getting a job as a hero.  Also, notice how she is snuggling alongside his leg in the family dogpile scene where he can't get any sleep, rather intimate for a daughter with father, but fairly standard for a wife and husband.

I don't get this "orphanage". What kind of orphanage lacks any adults at all, and any kind of funding, and is run by and paid for by the orphans themselves. That's less a orphanage and more like a street gang. Ok not a street gang, but not a orphanage either.  I suppose you could say it's like two orphans adopted the rest of the orphans even though they are very young themselves. Surely this can't be legal in Japan.

I also don't get why he would move out to help pay for the bills, the only additional expense of him being there would be food costs, and he has to pay that regardless, actually cheaper if a combined meal rather then separate one. Also heating would be cheaper too. Well air conditioning would potentially be more expensive, but I've seen no sign of heat and air conditioning.

Edited by truepurple, 18 November 2015 - 07:38 PM.

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Yes, lower right hand corner is the homicidal that I spoke of that Hollow seems to find amusing. Which could easily be attributed to seeing him as a rival in love. He's casually chatting about it in this page, clearly because he can't admit to his own feelings.

But again, he vigorously attacked this very same boy right after the boy she liked saved her (remember, he considers her "sister", and that is definitely not brotherly) and then ruthlessly strongly attacked his genitals. This is not the actions of fatherly or brother love but romantic rival.

Also he's talking about feeling like a father because they constantly call him father, which he hates. Just before what you are talking about "You've been calling me father all this time" and I could link to many pages in this same area where he's correcting them about him being their "brother" not "father". He might say the same thing about antelopes if they were calling him that instead. 'I feel like a antelope with you guys constantly calling me a antelope.'

If anything they act a bit like husband and wife with a big family. She takes care of the younger ones too and manages the household, and now helps pay the bills by getting a job as a hero.  Also, notice how she is snuggling alongside his leg in the family dogpile scene where he can't get any sleep, rather intimate for a daughter with father, but fairly standard for a wife and husband.

I don't get this "orphanage". What kind of orphanage lacks any adults at all, and any kind of funding, and is run by and paid for by the orphans themselves. That's less a orphanage and more like a street gang. Ok not a street gang, but not a orphanage either.  I suppose you could say it's like two orphans adopted the rest of the orphans even though they are very young themselves. Surely this can't be legal in Japan.

I also don't get why he would move out to help pay for the bills, the only additional expense of him being there would be food costs, and he has to pay that regardless, actually cheaper if a combined meal rather then separate one. Also heating would be cheaper too. Well air conditioning would potentially be more expensive, but I've seen no sign of heat and air conditioning.

I feel that you are reading too much into this. From how I see it, the relationship between Arihisa and Chisato is limited to that of a family. Sure there is love, but they look more to me as love between siblings instead of a romantic one. Also, how can you even deduce romantic affections from a girl clinging to someone in her sleep? Do you love your pillow if you hug it every night?

In the earliest chapter, it was said that the orphanage was destroyed, leaving them with (a little amount of) subsidiary expenses. In contrast, we can see from Arihisa's latest flashbacks that there were adults staying as their guardians until the collapse. We don't know what happened, but we could see that Arihisa decided to keep all the families together, even if he has to earn the money himself for it. Legal or not, Arihisa's world is a place where evil organization and heroes run wild, you know.

We'll need to ask someone who's been living in Japan for a real calculation of his living expenses, so I can't really comment much on that.

Featured Projects:

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

If you have a large pillow you grasp to your groin and chest every night, like she did to him, then it is probably a stand in for someone you have romantic feelings for. I've seen plenty of kids and adults sleeping before and they didn't do that, so it must be pretty rare. (I've seen people hug a pillow before, but not with their legs too)

if they are just siblings in his eyes, why is he viciously attacking the guy who saved his sister?  And before that, why menacingly holding a knife at the very thought of her dating?  Not having addressed these points is basically not responding to what I am saying.

As far as the orphanage burning down, what and the city hall record of there being a orphanage burned down too? There must be some kind of rescue services and social services in Japan that would have sought to find survivors and move them to a new orphanage that is still standing and managed by adults.

Edited by truepurple, 21 November 2015 - 03:50 PM.

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

If you have a large pillow you grasp to your groin and chest every night, like she did to him, then it is probably a stand in for someone you have romantic feelings for. I've seen plenty of kids and adults sleeping before and they didn't do that, so it must be pretty rare. (I've seen people hug a pillow before, but not with their legs too)

if they are just siblings in his eyes, why is he viciously attacking the guy who saved his sister?  And before that, why menacingly holding a knife at the very thought of her dating?  Not having addressed these points is basically not responding to what I am saying.

As far as the orphanage burning down, what and the city hall record of there being a orphanage burned down too? There must be some kind of rescue services and social services in Japan that would have sought to find survivors and move them to a new orphanage that is still standing and managed by adults.

Your texts were too long that I forgot about most of it. His bloodthirst must have been sprouted from that over-protective nature of his. I dare say he'd do the same for Hikari and Rin when they get older, not just Chisato. There are always two ways to protect: one is by keeping them from harm's way, the other is attacking the harmful object itself (although, it's totally subjective in this case).

Featured Projects:

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

If it was a matter of protection, he would be helping him, not attacking him, considering the hero protected her. He has no reason to think the heroes a threat to his sister, but plenty of reason to think he will keep her out of harms way.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

I think you guys are missing the more important flag which is Ladywulf who is his sempai in school and at work I think there's going to be something there 

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

But cjk, even non full blown heram genre often can give the MC male multiple female romance flags. Especially since something like this,(especially with it's high humor element without being kinky) nothing significant usually comes of any of them.

Also, he thinks it here.

http://vatoto.com/reader#7095de8994752274_7

He was attacking him because he was potentially the future boyfriend in question, not to protect her. Brothers typically don't keep away all boyfriends from their sisters/they don't take extreme measures to stop their sisters from dating altogether.  Especially to hate the potential boyfriend too, like jealousy. But if he likes her romantically on some level, then it makes sense.

Edited by truepurple, 25 November 2015 - 09:35 PM.

Dark Jackel

Dark Jackel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

He was attacking him because he was potentially the future boyfriend in question, not to protect her. Brothers typically don't keep away all boyfriends from their sisters/they don't take extreme measures to stop their sisters from dating altogether.  Especially to hate the potential boyfriend too, like jealousy. But if he likes her romantically on some level, then it makes sense.

Actually, it doesn't. "Violently overprotective" is definitely a dad-type trope, not a romantic interest-type. (Well OK, there is Yandere, but that isn't really what is going on here.) More telling, I think, is his focus on her "marriage" prospects. That's not a thing a (potential) boyfriend would be thinking about, generally speaking; it is in character for a father.

I'm having trouble recalling a concrete example right now, but think about the last manga you read where a girl introduces her boyfriend to her father. What was the father's reaction? Was it "Hey, son, nice ta meet ya, take good care of daughter"? Or was it, "If you lay one hand on my little girl, I'll tear you limb from limb, criminal!"?  The latter, right? I think the MC feels she is like a daughter.

How she feels about him? I'm still not sure about that.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
More telling, I think, is his focus on her "marriage" prospects.

What are you talking about? There is nothing like that.

Or was it, "If you lay one hand on my little girl, I'll tear you limb from limb, criminal!"?

Threaten, sure. But even the most exaggerated cartoony comic trope dad doesn't attack a potential boyfriend in the groin before even knowing anything about him at all except that he will protect her. Not even for sure know whether this was the potential boyfriend in question.(remember, no answer was given to the confession last we read, and we don't even know if this is the boy who confessed, and neither does the MC) If he was a dad, he would be the most sucky worst dad ever, with extreme intent on ruining his daughters life, but he isn't a dad, doesn't think of himself as a dad!

How she feels about him?

Which "him"? MC or hero?

"Violently overprotective" is... not a romantic interest-type trope

Jealous (potential/interested in being) boyfriend attacking romantic rival isn't a trope?(as well as being a RL thing) Since when?   And "protective" is so the wrong word here. If he were a dad, I would think he would be a dad who has romantic interest in his daughter to attempt to attack and drive away all potential boyfriends. There is no "protecting" happening here, not regular or "over". Especially since it was a battle and by attacking her would be protector, he put her at risk. What if one of his "evil" allies/coworkers attacked her while he was busy violently removing her protection? While he was busy viciously attacking someone for daring to protect her.

Edited by truepurple, 26 November 2015 - 04:59 AM.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

father type's can be they bad like http://vatoto.com/reader#23e6a91d22c9e4e7_8there are many other's

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Need a better example then that. It's part cat and very small, so if there was a romantic relationship, it would be incredibly improper, I would think (really no groundwork laid in this area for some reason)  And maybe it's part jealousy as well, I haven't read this. Probably the implication concept is that the black haired one had sexual relations with this small cat/human blend as a way to get proper sleep, confirmed by the peck on the forehead and the words "I'll be counting on you again (to get sleep)", or at least how the 4 koma joke goes.

That is alot different then your (not, and you don't even think of her as) daughter being confessed to and her not even giving a answer yet, and you not even knowing if the boy whos genitals you are attacking was the one who confessed, yet you put her safety at risk to attack her protector in the middle of battle where she can be attacked at any time.

BTW, I bet that isn't even the boy who confessed. His pass at her is too overt, he wouldn't even need to confess at that level.

Edited by truepurple, 26 November 2015 - 04:17 PM.

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

run down is : white hair guy MC finds two small nuko kittens  (think cats trying to closer to humans) on his way home in the rain. takes them home and takes them in and becomes father type that would take a knife or what ever was to at own brother (the black hair guy) 

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Sigh... I'll just leave this here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OverprotectiveDad

You're totally missing out most of your lives if you don't even know what is trope and what is not.

Featured Projects:

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

cjk33

cjk33

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

way do get the feeling that the loli is going do something crazy (hoping for jumping based fun)

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

@Aoitenshi1 Thankyou for helping prove my point! And here is another one to help prove my point http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrazyJealousGuy

Not that that website is the first and last authority on tropes.

http://vatoto.com/reader#1d08ab60effe4d07_18

"I don't think she has any feelings towards me" ...."What a weird women"

What a weird man, what the hell made you think she has no feelings for you?!? She couldn't possibly be making her feelings for you more obvious then she already is! Also, she's cute as hell and already runs your life, why stave off her advances other then the fourth wall reason of, sex almost never happens in comics, especially nonkinky joke ones.

Also, why does he care about what rumor scientist girl spreads? He's the boss, and it's not like his employees will lose faith in him for believing he's having a romantic relationship with her.

@cjk,

Scientist girl is what you are calling a "loli"? I don't see how you figure that.

Edited by truepurple, 01 December 2015 - 09:33 PM.

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
I'm outta here.

Featured Projects:

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

Cleotis

Cleotis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I think the disussion of MC's reaction to Skyhawk is perhaps a little off base.  I think he just doesn't like the guy. MC sees him as smarmy, overconfident and truly one who thinks himself God's gift to women.  Everything about Skyhawk makes MC's fists itch (or foot in this case) to pound some crotch.  Also its perfectly sets up the reaction of the two girls who, though on opposite sides of the fight, have the same reaction to the men and their fight.

I do think MC has mixed feelings about his "sister."  Romantic love is a part of that mix, but only a small part.  Keep in mind she's the only girl his age he's known.  I suspect that's about to change and I expect Ladywulf to see to that.  Assuming she can keep the little doctor from doing something drastic, or more drastic than she's already done.

Edited by Cleotis, 09 December 2015 - 06:18 PM.