Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Looking for emotional Novels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Buro Winchester

Buro Winchester

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBerlin/Germany

Hello everyone.

You know that feeling novels sometimes give you?

No? well let me explain.

Did anyone read mushoku Tensei? If yes, it makes it a bit easier for me to explain. For those who are reading mushoku tensei atm but didnt read to the point where Rudeus has found his mother SKIP THIS SPOILER. consider yourself warned.

You can actually read the first of the two following sentences.

/SPOILER

That feeling i had when Rudy met his father and they were kinda emotional about it and the fights they had. But especially that feeling when his father died right next to him.
/Spoiler end

Im looking for novels with a special "brotherly" relationship between the mc and other characters. be it their father, brother, or friends. 
Doesnt have to be brotherly actually. any deep relationships will do, I just want some tragedy in it, but not just in a few chapters but it should be kinda one of the main settings. 

so what im looking for is a tear jerker.

Did anyone watch The bridge to therabitia? yeah something like that. Why did Lesley have to die  :batoto_019:  :batoto_019: 

Edited by Buro Winchester, 07 November 2015 - 11:05 AM.

Prophet

Prophet

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCity of Doors
The Child Called It. google. XD

Should make you cry.

Read the diary of Anne Frank (The Diary of a Young Girl) that should make you cry a river.

A thousand splended suns?

The metamorphosis by kafka

Children of the Dust by Clancy Carlile.

will add more later.

Edited by Prophet, 06 November 2015 - 04:00 PM.

"Our pasts may be scattered and at times overshadowed by sadness, but they´re also an irrevocable part of our lives and personalities. Even if I could change a single thing, I wouldn´t, because my past was what led me here."

~You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I of your longings have built a tower in the sky.

-Almustafa, The Prophet by Khalil Gibran

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak gets me every single time.
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller too. It's a gay romance based on The Iliad (which is pretty gay tbh), and one of the best romance I have ever read (I don't even like romance all that much but damn this book dumps sand in my eyes).
  • Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's very well-written despite being a YA, and stuffed with teargas.
  • Then of course, there are always Harry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

But I think the story that got me crying the hardest is Doctor Who. Not really a novel, but just leaving this here as an FYI.

Edited by Kusunoki, 10 June 2016 - 04:39 PM.