Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Automated Ban] Appeal here...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I don't use AMR, nor have I seen how it's programmed. But problem seems largely in error handling from my view.

It seems to try endlessly in getting what it wants if it encounters a page it fails to parse, rather than giving up. I doubt the users are enjoying the endless active internet usage either, repeatedly downloading a broken page.

From what I can guess, all you need to do is remove the auto-check for new chapters on AMR.

Also, as I said previously, the ban isn't permanent. It keeps on cycling. If you stopped using it, you're likely off the ban list already. (recheck happened few min ago)

And it will reapply, once again, if you haven't disabled it.

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I'm not really in the position to disable/uninstall AMR because I still use it for other sites. 

You can just disable Batoto integration in AMR settings, that's what I did.  

However, you need to manually remove every Batoto manga from your manga list one by one before you can turn off the Batoto integration. That part takes a while if you have a lot of manga, you will also probably want to make a list somewhere else before deleting it, which again takes a good while.

HimekoTachibana

HimekoTachibana

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I don't use AMR, nor have I seen how it's programmed. But problem seems largely in error handling from my view.

It seems to try endlessly in getting what it wants if it encounters a page it fails to parse, rather than giving up. I doubt the users are enjoying the endless active internet usage either, repeatedly downloading a broken page.

From what I can guess, all you need to do is remove the auto-check for new chapters on AMR.

Also, as I said previously, the ban isn't permanent. It keeps on cycling. If you stopped using it, you're likely off the ban list already. (recheck happened few min ago)

And it will reapply, once again, if you haven't disabled it.

I see, then I may have the solution to the abusive behavior and may be able to fix it without messing with the code (I wouldn't be able to do so anyways @.@) or disabling it.  I assume that this is the reason why it's triggering the auto-ban, I've set it to recheck the manga lists every day instead of every 15 minutes (which is the default?) http://i.imgur.com/kQlRZzq.png

Let me know if that still triggers it. May I be unbanned to test it out? Of course this isn't going to stop AMR from checking the manga list, it will still check the manga list of my 100+ manga but every 24 hours instead of spam checking updates every 5-30 minutes. Let me know if this is a good enough solution or not, thank you again!

Edited by HimekoTachibana, 01 November 2015 - 12:09 PM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

I see, then I may have the solution to the abusive behavior and may be able to fix it without messing with the code (I wouldn't be able to do so anyways @.@) or disabling it.  I assume that this is the reason why it's triggering the auto-ban, I've set it to recheck the manga lists every day instead of every 15 minutes (which is the default?) http://i.imgur.com/kQlRZzq.png

Let me know if that still triggers it. May I be unbanned to test it out? Of course this isn't going to stop AMR from checking the manga list, it will still check the manga list of my 100+ manga but every 24 hours instead of spam checking updates every 5-30 minutes. Let me know if this is a good enough solution or not, thank you again!

From what I can see, you still make a request every 2 seconds on average, despite your change to 1 day.

HimekoTachibana

HimekoTachibana

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

From what I can see, you still make a request every 2 seconds on average, despite your change to 1 day.

Right now I'm constantly reloading the extension to test out the changes made by Daku, avaiar, and sneezemonkey here if that has anything to do with it. If not, then they are hopefully trying to fix it!

wanew

wanew

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Was using AMR. Turned it off until a solution is found.

guni

guni

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 4 posts

I was using AMR and Manga Viewer, I have stopped using both, and I am not a bot. I had posted about this a few weeks back, accidently bumping an old thread, where Babo Kim was kind enough to respond and explain to me that if I waited and stopped using AMR I would probably get unbanned automatically. Sadly that hasn't been the case, I cannot access Batoto unless I am using a VPN. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide with this issue.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

I was using AMR and Manga Viewer, I have stopped using both, and I am not a bot. I had posted about this a few weeks back, accidently bumping an old thread, where Babo Kim was kind enough to respond and explain to me that if I waited and stopped using AMR I would probably get unbanned automatically. Sadly that hasn't been the case, I cannot access Batoto unless I am using a VPN. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide with this issue.

I don't actually see you in any list... or at least any that I can see.

Can you pm me your home IP address? 

guni

guni

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 4 posts

Can you pm me your home IP address? 

Done. Thank you for taking the time to look into this Grumpy!

xRei

xRei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

never knew there was such a thread, though i've been scratching my head at not being able to access batoto for a month now till i finally figured it was an IP-ban and used my phone for this.

Might be caused by me using DomDomSoft, but not sure why a continuous one month of not being able to log in if it says would be unbanned after a time of non-use if i can't use it for a whole month already anyways. Anyways, i stopped DomDomSoft so is it possible if i can get unbanned? though not sure if anything else random i have might reban me.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

never knew there was such a thread, though i've been scratching my head at not being able to access batoto for a month now till i finally figured it was an IP-ban and used my phone for this.

Might be caused by me using DomDomSoft, but not sure why a continuous one month of not being able to log in if it says would be unbanned after a time of non-use if i can't use it for a whole month already anyways. Anyways, i stopped DomDomSoft so is it possible if i can get unbanned? though not sure if anything else random i have might reban me.

If the software continued to make requests even though the IP was banned you will not get unbanned.

If it is stopped you should get unbanned automatically after a while, if that does not happen send an e-mail to Grumpy.

Trippyj2

Trippyj2

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hello, seems I have been banned because of using one of those extensions or apps for my cell. An unban would be appreciated. Also if I still register positive as a bot please let me know

Edited by Trippyj2, 07 December 2015 - 09:47 AM.

LumpBloom7

LumpBloom7

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'm not quite sure if I have been banned or not. But I keep getting http error 403 on Tachiyomi.

I suppose I have been banned since I have been kinda mass downloading manga from this source for offline reading(I'm quite the avid manga reader). After all mass downloading seems to be the behavior of some bots.

So I would like to appeal myself and hope some staff are kind enough to unban be if I am indeed banned.

EDIT: The problem on my end have been solved, I'm no longer getting error 403s. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Edited by LumpBloom7, 14 October 2017 - 04:18 AM.

Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I'm not quite sure if I have been banned or not. But I keep getting http error 403 on Tachiyomi.
I suppose I have been banned since I have been kinda mass downloading manga from this source for offline reading(I'm quite the avid manga reader). After all mass downloading seems to be the behavior of some bots.
So I would like to appeal myself and hope some staff are kind enough to unban be if I am indeed banned.

I have the exact same issue. Website works perfectly fine, but I get 403 errors on Tachiyomi when trying to acess batoto through the API.
I'm also guilty of mass downloading before trips or when I expect to have no wifi for a while. Would be great if you could unban me, I really would rather not switch to other - very lower quality - sources.

Screenshots showcasing the errors/log:
https://imgur.com/a/VLAiG

Edited by Anaxagoras, 15 October 2017 - 06:01 PM.

09op

09op

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to report/appeal to, but as of a couple of minutes ago I have been receiving this error (Error 1006, IP banned) when I try to access bato.to without a proxy...

https://ibb.co/dBgTsm

I use stable build Chrome and the only relevant extension (maybe) is the Manga Viewer extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/manga-viewer/bebalkdfejapnfbngpmhchkboajaofen)

I have used this extension for a number of years without problems and I would not think it would cause any behaviour which would make you believe it to be a DDoS attack...

--edit--

Added error number.

Edited by 09op, 27 November 2017 - 10:18 AM.

SirGregoryK

SirGregoryK

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello

Today my ip (well, my proxy's ip. I'am need it because bato.to "unintentionally" blocked in my country, because it has same ip address as zend2.com, which is blocked by ip) was banned.

Img: https://i.imgur.com/XIBFzff.png

It was blocked right at the time when I was trying out Nat mode in my phone shadowsocks client to only pass traffic of choosen apps.
I think it's probably the case why I was autobanned

Also yesterday I was restored my tachiyomi backup (which had lots of titles from bato.to) on my phone.
It's also may be a reason, but it was not first time when I restore that bakup and I wasn't banned before.

Can you please unban me?

Edit: Thank you!

Edited by SirGregoryK, 28 November 2017 - 01:51 PM.

Primula

Primula

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Hummm.... After reading the main post and a few recent post I guess I got somehow ban? While using Tachiyomi I hit refresh often"maybe too often -_-", occasionally download selected mangas with tachiyomi setting of only 1 dl at a time.

The only thing I think i can see why I was ban maybe was because I kept on hitting refresh hopping for new manga feed to show up sometime on three device at once. "a computer running a virtual android, my phone and my tablet" Well really just my tablet and pc just to lay on my bed with the tablet then jumping on my computer when I want a bigger screen... lol

Since the site load perfectly fine and have issue with tachiyomi I can only assume this otherwise there an issue elsewhere. My profile doesn't show anything but if I am ban can I please be unban and I try to be more patience with the refresh button or just check the website.

Thank you.

Also Like others my error issue  in tachiyomi also say "HTTP error 503"

^i meant 503... also just read some of the rules there no indicator that I am ban beside error 503 so I dont know if I suppose to appeal in private if im not actually ban?

Edited by Primula, 28 November 2017 - 01:23 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Tachiyomi isn't a supported program and it appears I have banned some people using it besides the above 2 posters. Please use 3rd party programs responsibly. Tachiyomi seem to have a lack of any restriction or timing, resulting in possibility of very irresponsible action. I don't blame the users as much as the creators, someone who's capable of making that should know better than someone using that. You can get banned again for using it, I have not created any whitelist based on the signatures that Tachiyomi creates and I will not. It is extremely expensive for our servers if you use it heavily.

09op, I will reply separately since you chose to PM me as well.

SirGregoryK, you have been unbanned. Please stop using it.

Primula, PM me your IP so I can find you and confirm your story via logs. Also, please stop doing that.

Primula

Primula

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I have sent you a reply via PM and provide any more information as needed since I grew to like using the site and application that are link to bato.to so I would like to continue using it.

As to your "please stop doing that" are you referring to my impatient of hitting the refresh way too often, if so then I will certainly do that as I do not want to get that "Http error 503" again. If I'm trying to just update all 3 device I'm using then I will space their update apart as I only really need my tablet to be updated as it is used more often.

Also here another thought... Tachiyomi was recently updated and before I had no issue doing that same task I done before that may lead to that issue but I will control myself from the things I mention earlier regardless.

Edit:

After some PM and information exchange it seem those who having issue with Tachiyomi for login issue or the "Http error 503" may need to wait for a new update with the require fixes to access Bato.to from it again unless you know how to apply the fixes available on the github website for Tachiyomi.

Edited by Primula, 28 November 2017 - 03:20 PM.

SSJ Rabite

SSJ Rabite

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I have been IP banned for a bit now. Between work and social obligations, using a proxy I finally found out what might have happened. The only reason i think I might have triggered your bot warnign is because I am using Free manga downloader other then that I have no idea. If this could be the cause please let me know.