Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Automated Ban] Appeal here...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I have disabled AMR, I think it will be fine now.  

I would be glad if you tried removing the ban

you have been unbanned.

I too have been banned and use the AMR extension. I have my list of manga I read is on there, so I really don't want to have to not use it...

There are more efficient way to track like follows.

also banned.... are manga viewer or AMR or those kind of stuff(that let you read the whole chapter in a long strip) banned now? 

Policy has never changed. Will ban if found to be abusive.

zelofox

zelofox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have been banned due to use of AMR.  I have disabled it.

gigades

gigades

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

If I get banned, how long will I get automatically unbanned? or will it be permanent?

19sik85

19sik85

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I have disabled AMR, hoping to not be banned again........

Estranho

Estranho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I was banned too, probably because of AMR. I'm disabling it for Batoto.

caman8998

caman8998

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have also been banned. I was using AMR and a userscript, which both have been disabled now. Question: since this is a big transition and effecting common apps and extensions, does this open the possibility for an API so apps or extensions do not cause a ban?

Dr Flesh

Dr Flesh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

i was banned, i was using amr and i already removed the extension 

sanctuary00

sanctuary00

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I was banned and was using AMR. Can I just remove all the manga I read on Batoto off AMR or do I have to disable it completely?

fogboundhero

fogboundhero

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I was banned, I have used AMR for years. I'll disable it for Batoto. Or uninstall it if that's better.

Azeko

Azeko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Ive also been banned and was using AMR. I have now disabled it.

Edited by Azeko, 31 October 2015 - 08:54 PM.

dylonrofl

dylonrofl

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

just disabled mine hope i still dont read as a bot

dragaan

dragaan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

AMR Disabled! Hopefully I can get unbanned/it won't happen again.

suchproblemchildren

suchproblemchildren

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I've been banned and I've been using AMR as well as the others.

Calvin Chan

Calvin Chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I have removed AMR and any other extensions on my chrome

Necksauce

Necksauce

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Also used AMR, have since disabled it.

seraphoxes

seraphoxes

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Another former AMR user here, have also since disabled it, as it seems to be the root of the issue for many here. However, on my linux machine I have used hakuneko, a downloader, so that I can read stuff with mcomix, I'm going to assume I should discontinue this? I also use alternative web browsers like uzbl and w3m on that machine, so is it possible that browsing the site with those could potentially trigger this also? As I have experienced other sites have trouble with this... Not that it matters much anymore with the new reader as w3m has no javascript anyway. And finally, I additionally use newsbeuter in combination with batoto's follow function to get new chapter notifications, I wouldn't expect this to be an issue, but I thought it best I mention it just in case?

HimekoTachibana

HimekoTachibana

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I am the author Support Thread for AMR and I am banned unfortunately. Is AMR going to be permanently retroactively banned? If so then the kind users that are currently trying to develop and fix the extension will end up wasting their time and I will be extremely sad :( I'm not really in the position to disable/uninstall AMR because I still use it for other sites. Please let me know if this will be fixed or not, thanks!

@Grumpy

Edited by HimekoTachibana, 01 November 2015 - 02:10 AM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Is AMR going to be permanently retroactively banned? If so then the kind users that are currently trying to develop and fix the extension will end up wasting their time and I will be extremely sad :( (...) Please let me know if this will be fixed or not, thanks!

As grumpy has said, the ban is not about the ap/plugin directly but about its abusive bot-like behaviour. If the abusive part is eliminated, its users will stop triggering anti-bot measures.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Kong

Kong

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I am also banned.

I also use AMR.

I have as of now disabled it completely.

Talltee90

Talltee90

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Umm I'm not a bot so how do I appeal?