Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Automated Ban] Appeal here...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Seems like my ban has been lifted.  

I didn't get any warnings or anything when I tried reading manga.

Edit: It reverted back, I'm still banned

Edited by el0d, 31 October 2015 - 11:19 AM.

baokapow

baokapow

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yeah, same thing happened to me. Like the others, I also have the AMR extension.

Dr Flesh

Dr Flesh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

amr user here and i got banned too :/ 

Calvin Chan

Calvin Chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Can confirm I also used AMR and got banned

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

I am hijacking this threads as appeal thread. See first post for more info on how to appeal. For now please stopp using any software that was likely to cause your ban. (You are likely to be automatically unbanned after some time if you do.)

AnnualPayRaise

AnnualPayRaise

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Also here due to the 403 Error. To answer the OP, I use the AMR extension though I believe it is broken right now. Due to that broken state, I haven't used it since the Batoto reader update. Another piece of software I use is MangaStorm which is an iPad app which performs similar to AMR in checking periodically for updates to series and loading all pages at once. 

Edited by AnnualPayRaise, 31 October 2015 - 11:04 AM.

MrPriest

MrPriest

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Using AMR and got banned, will using extensions lead to a ban now?

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

Using AMR and got banned, will using extensions lead to a ban now?

Not likely, we will just have to adapt the net of automated bans on our side based on the feedback we receive.

Or not; best keep to what Grumpy says.

Edited by Subpyro, 31 October 2015 - 11:24 AM.
Update on the reply

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Seems like my ban has been lifted.  

I didn't get any warnings or anything when I tried reading manga.

Nevermind... I was able to read a few chapters but then the ban warning started appearing again...  

I'm still banned.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

To anyone that's saying they aren't using anything, that's a flat out lie. As mentioned here: https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/23703-moving-forward-upcoming-changes-and-schedules/?p=1656005 it's only banning people that's triggered an error page over 10,000 times. There's just no chance that anyone's repeatedly loading a broken page for 10,000th time manually.

If you believe it's due to a certain extension, just stop using it. Disable it, uninstall it, or just remove your batoto's part of it. Repeatedly making broken requests are still requests that still needs to be served.

Ban list will refresh itself in time.

If you need it done faster:

Identify what was causing it. Remove the cause. And say that you've removed it. You'll just get banned again if you don't stop using it.

Also here due to the 403 Error. To answer the OP, I use the AMR extension though I believe it is broken right now. Due to that broken state, I haven't used it since the Batoto reader update. Another piece of software I use is MangaStorm which is an iPad app which performs similar to AMR in checking periodically for updates to series and loading all pages at once. 

You have been unbanned.

Looks like everyone else's thing is still active.

astrofizzix

astrofizzix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Another AMR user here that's been banned. I've been in the slow process of moving all of the data of my progress over to mangaupdates, so that I could get rid of the now-defunct extension. Looks like I should have worked on it faster.

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

wait, you were saying i was still doing something to batoto ? i might have a bot then...can you confirm?

also correct me if i'm wrong but isn't IP address dynamic? everytime you reload your router you get a new one?

also what happened if i use VPN ?

Edited by sheep, 31 October 2015 - 11:49 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

wait, you were saying i was still doing something to batoto ? i might have a bot then...can you confirm?

Last you triggered was 5min ago.

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Might be me checking if i'm unbanned ONCE, more than once i assume then?

@grumpy any chance its AMR since they try to pull feed update automatically right ? just checked with Kaspersky SIMDA bot database and i don't have any. Turned off my AMR, if  you have time please follow up on my status

Edited by sheep, 31 October 2015 - 12:00 PM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Might be me checking if i'm unbanned ONCE, more than once i assume then?

@grumpy any chance its AMR since they try to pull feed update automatically right ? just checked with Kaspersky SIMDA bot database and i don't have any. Turned off my AMR, if  you have time please follow up on my status

Yes, seems to have stopped. Removed the ban.

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Looks like its AMR then yeah.

since they try to give me automatic update and i subscribe over 100 manga from batoto (which might failed since you banned me which is why it keeps trying)

@grump prolly a good idea to announce uninstalling of AMR then. just a thought since i bet there is user with similar problem

Edited by sheep, 31 October 2015 - 12:07 PM.

AnnualPayRaise

AnnualPayRaise

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

@Grumpy: Thanks for that. After looking at the settings in the Manga Storm app, I think the periodic chapter check will retry ceaselessly if it fails without an option to tell it to stop.

I also spotted something that may be getting other users banned. So to anyone using Manga Storm with Auto Download enabled, you might be banned due to the default Retry Download on Fail being set to Forever. 

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Ban list will refresh itself in time.

If you need it done faster:

Identify what was causing it. Remove the cause. And say that you've removed it. You'll just get banned again if you don't stop using it.

I have disabled AMR, I think it will be fine now.  

I would be glad if you tried removing the ban

deck_m_all

deck_m_all

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I too have been banned and use the AMR extension. I have my list of manga I read is on there, so I really don't want to have to not use it...

catsonly

catsonly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

also banned.... are manga viewer or AMR or those kind of stuff(that let you read the whole chapter in a long strip) banned now?