Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Automated Ban] Appeal here...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
If you have been banned you have most likely been caught in one of the nets implemented to catch all the crawlers and bots.

How to appeal your ban:

• Identify what was causing a bot like behavior. This may be due to bad addons or downloaders.
  • Remove the cause. Uninstall it, disable it, or just disable it for batoto.
  • Post here saying that you've removed it. OR Just stop using it. It's not a perm ban. If you stop using it, you'll get unbanned eventually.
You'll just get banned again if you don't stop using it.

Possible solution for AMR users:

I don't use AMR, nor have I seen how it's programmed. But problem seems largely in error handling from my view.
It seems to try endlessly in getting what it wants if it encounters a page it fails to parse, rather than giving up. I doubt the users are enjoying the endless active internet usage either, repeatedly downloading a broken page.
From what I can guess, all you need to do is remove the auto-check for new chapters on AMR.

Edited by mhh, 01 November 2015 - 12:18 PM.

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

When I try to read a chapter I get:

403 Forbidden

You have been forbidden from viewing this page.

You may have been banned for usage of unauthorized bots, crawlers, and/or abusing our resources.

If you believe the ban was in error, you may appeal for it in our support forum.

I was able to read manga just fine yesterday.  

I am not a bot or whatever, so please look into it.

Edited by Subpyro, 31 October 2015 - 10:45 AM.
Title edited for clarity; AMR seems to be the common-point

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
The issue might be related to the recent change that was pushed through, where there was a massive banning of IPs around.

Whether that is true or not, it is an automated ban that Grumpy will best know how to handle, due to him having access to such information and stats regarding the user-site relation.

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

so what to  do  i'm also banned ? 

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
The message states that you have to make an appeal here, which is basically stating that you aren't a bot and weren't abusing the resources.

From there, I ask for your patience until Grumpy comes around and explains the situation; what is going on and how to proceed.

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

so this post is an appeal enough ? or i should make a formal one? also i notice the chapter still pop up on the aggregate sites.

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
Well, you haven't really performed any questionable abuse. It is just the question whether you have used a bot/abused the resources or not. For that I do not believe we need a separate appeal, just an indicator that you were affected by the ban.

If this will turn out to be quite massive, we might even open a separate thread for the appeals to be submitted in. But as said, I do not hold any concrete information in my hands, so we would have to wait for Grumpy's input.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Pyro wanted to say, wait for grumpy to get to this thread (he's checking support regularly, especially with all the feedback about the new reader).

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

could it be because of AMR plugin for chrome?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Quite possible. Again, grumpy's needed to check what was the problem exactly in your case.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

could it be because of AMR plugin for chrome?

I also use AMR and I was also banned, so it's possible I suppose..   

AMR hasn't been working on Batoto since the registration update though, so I don't really know.

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
Add-ons and extensions can lead to potential false perception of these systems that check the validity for a ban, so as mentioned, it is quite possible.

But what we are doing here is walking the zone of possibility. Grumpy would most likely share a concrete answer on the matter from where we could proceed.

sneezemonkey

sneezemonkey

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts

I also use AMR and I was also banned, so it's possible I suppose..   

AMR hasn't been working on Batoto since the registration update though, so I don't really know.

AMR has other functions that might still work. I've noticed your also using my script (If you are the same guy from the other forum). I hope it isn't my script as I've already set a 3 sec timer per request to server to prevent this. Maybe you're trying to load too many chapters at once?

Edited by sneezemonkey, 31 October 2015 - 08:37 AM.

Tired of halved double page spreads? Want to read manga like an actual tankoubon? Just want to load all pages in a chapter at once?

Try Manga OnlineViewer Fluid Mode+ Now!!!!

sheep

sheep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

i hope its not AMR, i still like them for reading some of unavailable manga on batoto.

el0d

el0d

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

AMR has other functions that might still work. I've noticed your also using my script (If you are the same guy from the other forum). I hope it isn't my script as I've already set a 3 sec timer per request to server. Maybe you're trying to load too many chapters at once?

I'm the same guy indeed. Regarding the loading many chapters at once thing...  

I don't have a habit of loading multiple chapters at once or anything, but it's quite likely I have done it now and then without giving it much of a thought.  

I suppose the timer wouldn't matter much if you have even just two chapters loading at the same time.

sneezemonkey

sneezemonkey

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts

I'm the same guy indeed. Regarding the loading many chapters at once thing...  

I don't have a habit of loading multiple chapters at once or anything, but it's quite likely I have done it now and then without giving it much of a thought.  

I suppose the timer wouldn't matter much if you have even just two chapters loading at the same time.

Yeah It shouldn't. It should only still affect you if you try to load a ridiculous amount. Perhaps your neighbour is stealing your Wi-FI and running a bot? :P

Tired of halved double page spreads? Want to read manga like an actual tankoubon? Just want to load all pages in a chapter at once?

Try Manga OnlineViewer Fluid Mode+ Now!!!!

dragaan

dragaan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Same as you guys.. I've also been banned, and I've been using AMR for the last half-decade or so too...

19sik85

19sik85

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm jumping on the "banned" train.... and I use AMR....

dylonrofl

dylonrofl

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

same here also been using AMR for quite some time 

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

I have gone ahead and edited the topic's title for clarity, since it would appear we have found our common-point.