Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter discussion.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

In chapter 12

http://img4.bato.to/comics/2015/09/02/4/read55e6a48dd1d4a/img000006.png

'If I move any more flames to the mountain, lives will be lost.' (well it's "alot of lives will die" which is just awkward grammar)

OK, I've been patient with the multiple outrageous claims thrown at us so far. Like these guys are gods that can't interfere and worlds on a scale of some sort etc.

And fine, so this "god of fire?" character can move flames over to another location, and that it has to be a particular location, and not say in water, or under ground or in the air, you know the many many places where fire could be moved to with godly power that would render it harmless. Fine, fine. That fire is some kind of manipulable element itself is the nonscientific silliness standard for many stories. No problem.

But is the author really that ignorant about how fire works? If a fire is moved within a existing fire, you don't get a bigger fire, you can a fire that immediately burns out due to lack of fuel from within the other fire, thus still only one fire of the same size or less.. This is why fire can be used to combat fire, literally. Oh well. I understand the author needs to constrict involvement of godlike characters for the struggle and stuff, even if it feels forced.

Edited by truepurple, 12 September 2015 - 10:04 AM.