Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The WORST Anime You've Ever Watched?

anime bad anime worst terrible

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

Blue Gender. I want my time back, you stupid show! LOL

There's a few more... but I can't remember the names. One was a naked female hero who wore a mask, saving girls from bullying. It was horrrrrible. Deleted.

*\(ã‚·)/*

Russet potatoes are the most delicious!

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

Kuroshitsuji plunged down the garbage shoot once it deviated from the manga... Hellhound that morphs into a naked guy??? Clean freak angels??? WTF???

Kuroshitsuji II is just shit from start to finish. Nothing makes sense and the characters are ridiculous. And the ending... I just can't. The whole thing is like a shitty and cheesy shipping fanfic written by a deranged fujoshi. It is a complete insult to the original author. I honestly only watched it to see just how badly they could fuck it up, and I was duly impressed.

I tried Vampire Knight once after hearing some of my classmates raving about it... I was 3 minutes into the show and I was like ABORT ABORT.

Edited by Kusunoki, 10 April 2016 - 08:16 PM.

nadaNada

nadaNada

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

i think the worst anime i watch so far is Kill la Kill and sakurasou no pet kanojo. It full of fansevices and the story are not that good. 

but, anime that make me dissapointed so much is tokyo ghoul. it has bad quality, and more focus on action, not the psycology aspect (like the early manga)

Edited by nadaNada, 12 April 2016 - 05:54 AM.

sharonlausk

sharonlausk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

School Days.

I can't believe I ever even thought about watching it. Never got past episode 3 (I surprise myself for even making it that far), but from what I've heard, it was a good thing I didn't finish the anime.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

School Days.

I can't believe I ever even thought about watching it. Never got past episode 3 (I surprise myself for even making it that far), but from what I've heard, it was a good thing I didn't finish the anime.

SAME!! Except that I watched the final episode just to see how it ended and... Ugh. It's unquestionably the worst thing I've watched.

My next worst would probably be Elfen Lied or FLCL but that's more because I hate those genres.

salonpasti

salonpasti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hamatora.  well,  it's not exactly the worst anime i ever watch, i just don't like it.

my problem with this anime is that they made lots of mean spirited jab on some popular anime while having a badly writen marty sue as their MC... making the entire show pretentious and hypocrite imo... 

Edited by salonpasti, 17 April 2016 - 11:10 PM.

AnimeManga272b

AnimeManga272b

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNot far from home...
School Days and Tokyo Ghoul season 2.

Gnocchos

Gnocchos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Not the worst, but the anime that I enjoyed the least was probably Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. I found it was derivative of Mai-HiME and Bokurano, except without understanding why those shows did what they did and what made them great.

The worst, though... I don't even know. I thought Psycho Pass was a mess, I guess. School Days was pretty sucky, too.

Ran★Moonie

Ran★Moonie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Locationin the realm of unconsciousness

Space Dandy. I tried it out cause of the hype it got but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

tumblr_o6ntzceUea1twrse4o1_540.jpg

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else."   

OzzieP

OzzieP

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in time and space
Voogie's Angel. Horrible pacing, felt like a snap shot of random episodes from a full length series. It also couldn't decide if it wanted to be more light hearted comedy, serious drama or action anime, which showed all the more in the three or four episodes it had. The ending too was far from satisfying even putting aside all its other problems.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. - Michelle Cheung R.O.D. TV

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

Aw, so much rapping on School Days. Not that I don't get why you guys dislike it; I felt like a bag of crap for several days after I'd finished that series. I guess that that in itself was what impressed me so much, that a (mostly) regular series could punch me in the face so hard. I would love to find other series like that.

I can add another series I saw recently though - "JK Meshi!". Now, I'll be fair - it was a very low-budget production, and apparently it was made for up-and-coming voice actors to give them a chance. But good gosh - nothing happens! Three nondescript girls sit and talk with each other, usually about school subjects, while trying to be funny. And at the end of the episode, the blonde girl cooks something simple. Rinse and repeat, for 26 thankfully short episodes. That's it. There is no storyline whatsoever. Not to mention the artwork looking like it was made in Flash, with continuously recycled sprites and animations. The voice acting was fine, I got no beef with that, and at episode 10 the show actually makes fun of itself and how bad it is, which was admittedly kinda funny. But just ... wow. I seriously only finished it because of my no-drop policy, but if the episodes had been any longer, I would actually have considered compromising it.

Also, as my own terrible luck would have it, I appear to have picked up the spiritual sequel that airs this season, lol. Thankfully it's got a tiny bit better animation and some hints of an actual storyline (even though the storyline is garbage, but at least it's there), so I think I'll make it through this without suffering too much emotional damage.

Edited by Horn, 18 June 2016 - 05:09 PM.

UIqflpq.jpg

ManCalledTrue

ManCalledTrue

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Master of Martial Hearts. Sure, it was only five episodes, but it didn't deserve one.

Visions of Escaflowne. The most useless heroine in the history of anime, combined with a plot that constantly throws away its most interesting facets.

TTGL. The most overrated series ever released.

"COME! BREAK YOUR WEAPONS AGAINST ME!"

Samhill

Samhill

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

Arjuna - Treehugging garbage. Inaccurate, treehugging garbage. One guy states that if you don't spray bugs from your crops, they'll never eat everything and you will still have enough to eat.

De:vadasy - Should have been hentai.

Misaki Chronicles - Bad plot with even worse CGI.

Moribito - Starts out well, then slows to a slow crawl, finally ending uninterestingly.

Edited by Samhill, 12 July 2016 - 10:09 AM.

"So round, so firm, so fully packed." - Daffy Duck, not talking about what you probably think he's talking about.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I'm gonna rectract my Tokyo Ghoul post and say it's the Berserk 2016, it's just horrible... It's like we're getting mindraped how bad it is.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Diaz Cruz

Diaz Cruz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

school days by far scum ball of protagonist hat makes Kirito look awesome not like thats hard though

Sword art Online simply due to kirito existing and hogging too much of the spot light damn op gary stu there are other terrible characters but Kirito is the top of the list

PancakeReaper

PancakeReaper

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

I'd say either Kiznaiver, Charlotte, or Watamote.

Kiznaiver had a interesting idea, but completely fucked it up giving it such a unrealistic sense of reality. It just could not make me care a shred about  any of the characters. It could've done so much with the idea. It actually disgusts me how they forced over-dramatic character interactions.

I dont think i need to say anything about Charlotte and Watamote do i?

FEXW3iS.png

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

School days hands down.

Posted Image

Video Game Development | Manga Scanlations

Skwid79

Skwid79

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

The Anime Adaptation of Disgaea for sure. I'm a fan of the games but the anime was full of cringey humor and a bad retelling of the story. It's no wonder Disgaea 2 was never adapted when I could only watch the first anime once when I was 14.

ian.iams571

ian.iams571

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

I have a few.

First, and I may get some crap for this, but I really don't like the Gundam series. I've tried watching various versions and stories but when it comes down to it, it's all the same story rolled up into a different package. The most unique versions, one that I could somewhat stand were Turn A Gundam and Iron Blood Orphans, but only just somewhat. 

Second, I really can't stand is Aldnoah.Zero. I was really into the first season. Even liked the MC which most didn't but by the second series, everything was pretty much a waste of time. Dropped it a few episodes in to Season 2.

Honorable mentions include Attack on Titan, RahXephon (Yes I know, its a classic, still don't like it) to name a few

amare95

amare95

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

well in my opinion Natsume Yuujinchou and Kill la Kill i didn't finish boot of them 

didn't like the battle in kill la kill and natsume found it very boring and i slept for 2 or 3 episodes so i give up on it