Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The WORST Anime You've Ever Watched?

anime bad anime worst terrible

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Miss Peach

Miss Peach

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Exactly what it says on the title, folks.

So let's spill it- what's the worst anime you've EVER watched, and why? Was it the annoying characters? The godawful animation? The stupid storyline? Was it So Bad It's Good, or So Bad It's Horrible?

Let's do it!

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Kancolle hands down.

The animation was great and the girls were cute but the story was just plain terrible. Girls with the souls of ships? Seriously? It just wasn't meant to be an anime and should of stayed as a card game.

Edited by I-Am-X, 02 September 2015 - 07:44 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

SystematicChaos

SystematicChaos

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLocation, location, location

I will always regret watching .hack//Sign. Worst pacing I've seen in an anime, obviously lazy animation to the point where they had a minute-long still shot and branches covering characters' mouths during dialogue, grating opening theme (but the rest of the music was okay), characters that I couldn't bring myself to care about (which is a bad sign in a character-driven story), including a main character that makes Shinji from Evangelion look like a party animal, plot was confusing at best and boring at worst, and there was so little payoff that I didn't even realize when I'd watched the last episode. Nothing about that anime was good. Not even the OVA that showed the female characters topless could redeem it. I want those nine hours of my life back.

Edited by SystematicChaos, 02 September 2015 - 08:54 AM.

TOKI DIED FOR OUR SINS

Visit http://www.hokutonogun.com/ for all the MANga you can handle!

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
It's difficult to pick a definite worst show. I've watched a lot of crap, that's for sure, but I can pretty much always find something to appreciate in every series; I don't think I "regret" watching anything per se. To me, however, what can make or break a series is the pacing. I hate watching slow series. Kill Me Baby comes to mind, stretching out each 4koma strip brutally to fit them into regular 25-minute episodes instead of making it a short-episode show. The one I've rated the lowest of all, however, is Gantz season 2, with pacing so slow that I think I could've slept through larger parts of the show without missing anything vital. There's really no worse way to waste time than filler material completely devoid of content. Do a swimsuit episode, do a non sequitur, do ANYTHING instead of making it feel like I'm watching a show in slowmotion.

UIqflpq.jpg

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
To me, a bad series means a forgettable one, with nothing noteworthy enough to stand out. So the worst series are those that I don't remember anything about. Cuz even if a show has all of the negative qualities you can think of, if you can remember it without much digging through your head, then it invoked a reaction in you, which isn't so bad.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Tokyo Ghoul... aside from animation and last three minutes of the anime, everything is pretty much terrible. Ugh....

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Tokyo Ghoul... aside from animation and last three minutes of the anime, everything is pretty much terrible. Ugh....

I agree, especially the second season, that was just horrible. With as bad as it was, it'll only keep people away from the series thinking its shit because the anime was shit when in truth the series was great. Just got to hope and pray those who seen the anime first have someone close by to tell them the manga was better.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unit X

Unit X

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Sora no Otoshimono Final: Eternal My Master.

They just sliced and crammed several volumes of the manga into short 50 - minutes anime. And even worse, they changed the animation (along with animation studio), so it was looked really crappy.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed

Kingdom

iTwixie

iTwixie

Potato

• Contributor
  • 174 posts
  • Locationservices are not available.

I can pretty much always find something to appreciate in every series; I don't think I "regret" watching anything per se.

^

If I really have to choose the worst one out of the anime I've watched so far, it would have to be Glasslip. Most people complained about how it had no plot and how it was confusing and stuff. The thing is though, most of the people that watched this went into the show expecting it to be like other P.A. Works anime, especially NagiAsu. This anime also had a lot of metaphors and symbolism, which takes a little digging to understand and fully enjoy it, unlike how if you were to watch other anime or TV shows, you can just leisurely watch it and not have to think much to understand it. I love the art, the music, the characters. I just didn't like the open ending that it had. I've never liked open endings and probably never will, so that was a big bummer for me. Most anime that have what seems like unfinished endings is because the LN or manga or something that the anime is based on isn't complete yet, but because this is an original anime, I can't go look up and read the source and follow up to get a more satifying ending.

aae9147e34.jpg

Mystika101

Mystika101

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Location10 degrees north of crazy

Uta no Prince Sama, 3rd Season

The first one was pretty awful, but I found it funny, and occasionally cute rather than gag-worthy... then the second came out, and I watched it to see who got whom... now the third season... is just diabolical... I mean I can handle corny... but when every single romantic stereotype you have ever seen, EVER!! appears, one after the other... I could't anymore... I mean a sparkly person riding on a white horse in the middle of a musical school... ugh... shoot me now... so as ashamed as I am to say I watched the first two, it was the third season that truly gave meaning to the phrase "utter garbage". 

Cowdances

Cowdances

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
Hmm, it's hard to pick one...many I watched started alright and then turned to crap. Naruto is one; how anyone can like that anime with all that filler is beyond me. Persona 4 the animation gets a strong position for worst, though, with all that feelings and 'dark side of me' crud. I also have to add Samurai Flamenco...such a screw over of an anime

Akatsuyamitsu

Akatsuyamitsu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe Demon Lord's castle

GlassLip.

This anime bored me to death. I didn't understand the main plot and the ending was just terrible. I mean, the art was good, but the rest of the anime was....bad. Yeah.

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

The Terra Formars anime and Tokyo ghoul are strong contenders on account of their censoring, though I couldn't watch  more than an episode of them. 

Peng

Peng

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I'm deeply hurt by the tokyo ghoul regretters.

I loved tokyo ghoul and it was one of the few animes I rated 8 or above on MAL

I hated shinseki no yori or whatever it was called.

Firstyle

Firstyle

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Seconded Peng, Tokyo Ghoul was a good anime (first season).

As for me, Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse was bad . So bad I couldn't finish it. The first episode showed the serious atmosphere of Muv-luv and then all I've got after was some stupid love/hate romance.

danfare

danfare

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes.

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Don't hate... Sword Art Online and Attack On Titan. I tried.. I really did. I just can't...

I love yuri...

LisbellaPeridot

LisbellaPeridot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Does a animated movie count? Because Tales from Earthsea is so bad that the cinema I was in literally laughed and booed in disbelief. Even the normally sedate old people went lol.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

I hated shinseki no yori or whatever it was called.

I found that one to be really slow, too. I was recommended to watch it, I saw the first few seconds and went "holy shit this is going to be awesome", and then it turns into something completely different. I mean fine, the thorough story creation and all was quite okay, but it was all just... such a yawnfest. And the conclusion just didn't feel worth it.

UIqflpq.jpg