Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God Season 2 Chapter 164

Tower of God Tower of God the internet here sucks

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

This thread is for discussion on the latest chapter of Tower of God released on Naver.com and LINE. This thread will automatically open at the usual approximate time of release. If ToG is released earlier or much later, go bug a staff member.

Please feel free to create a new thread should you want to discuss a specific topic in depth.

Tower of God Raws ← This is the page for ToG raws.
Naver's Official Translations ← This is the page with the official translation by Naver.
All Blog Posts ← If/when RWF, or another native Korean speaker, translates SIU's blog post for the week, it will be updated here.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I miss the days when you would put a subliminal message beneath the links to brainwash us and lead us like a shepherd leads sheep, oh sexy one.

kfi6l.jpg

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I've had entirely too much rum in the few hours since getting off of work this morning. I have a feeling that I'm going to thank myself for it.

Mr. Alien

Mr. Alien

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 441 posts

F5

Practice Compassion.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Well, that could have gone a lot worse than it did. Baam seems like he has his work very much cut out for him though.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Good chapter. The story progresses very well and there were quite a few really nice panels. Nice to see the Floor Director interfering. Has that even happened except for 2F? I don't think so. Also, who the hell is the boy that looks like Hoaqin? Perhaps he needs to merge with the boy to resurrect.

Edited by 101010, 23 August 2015 - 02:35 PM.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

MollicWon

MollicWon

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • LocationMollic Region JK I'm in the UK

I guess the one in charge of the hell train doesn't want things ending so quickly. It looks like more fragments of Hoaqin are waking up; maybe they each have certain aspects of his power, like the first one had all his sword skills, and the second one has more of his knowledge.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Well, if Baam didn't stand a chance here, i guess we are hoping he will when Hoaqin collects his parts......sigh, i don't know, where this is going.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Good chapter. The story progresses very well and there were quite a few really nice panels. Nice to see the Floor administrator interfering. Has that even happened except for 2F? I don't think so. Also, who the hell is the boy that looks like Hoaqin? Perhaps he needs to merge with the boy to resurrect.

I do believe that it was stated a while back that Hoaqin (well, at least that's what the psycho sword-wielder calls himself and it might not be the proper name for the whole being) has been split into several soul fragments that are scattered about the train. This one seems a bit more scholarly, and might be the particular arc nemesis for Koon like the other 'Hoaqin' is shaping up to be for Baam.

Well, if Baam didn't stand a chance here, i guess we are hoping he will when Hoaqin collects his parts......sigh, i don't know, where this is going.

If just one shard of him is that powerful, then the aggregate almost certainly has to be a Ranker, or even a High Ranker. Baam isn't going to win that fight. Best he might be able to do is to put a beating on that particular piece that he's already fought with, and have Yuri presumably save his bacon against the recombined whole.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
This new Hoaqin looks like the love child between Ran and Hoaqin #1

Pretty good chapter. It was interesting to see Koon and Yura face off.

Edited by Grincourt, 23 August 2015 - 02:17 PM.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

Makes sense what Jinsung said about Baam not being able to defeat Hoaqin, since he's having this much trouble with just one part of him.

Maybe Yuri will be the one that ends up saving the day... again.

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Mr. Alien

Mr. Alien

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 441 posts

Who/what talked to Bam? 

Practice Compassion.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Pretty good chapter. It was interesting to see Koon and Yura face off.

You mean Koon facing himself.

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

Who/what talked to Bam? 

Thorn... probably

Makes sense what Jinsung said about Baam not being able to defeat Hoaqin, since he's having this much trouble with just one part of him.

Maybe Yuri will be the one that ends up saving the day... again.

Do you see a way for baam to save the day?

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Current theory; There are five shards of Hoaquin, one for each letter of his true name "White".

So far we've only seen "H"oaquin, leaving us with other four, each with an exaggerated part of his personality.

This one is the scholar/gentleman. I assume he's "E".

kfi6l.jpg

MrTonyNoname

MrTonyNoname

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

This little kid at the end, that's Hoaqin? So... I guess the theory that Hoaqin is in fact one of White fragments will be revived from there. And now it's pretty obvious it's him...

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Who/what talked to Bam? 

Either the Thorn or Ryun through Guide telepathy, like the one Evan showed back in the Submerged Fish.

kfi6l.jpg

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

You mean Koon facing himself.

Lol SIU really does seem to be loving the different shades of blue lately.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

I don't want to jump the gun, but I think we're settling into classic SIU.

Spoiler

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Either the Thorn or Ryun through Guide telepathy, like the one Evan showed back in the Submerged Fish.

It's probably the demon that's inside of the thorn. If I recall correctly, didnt FUG and the workshop need to find a " demon " that can ignite the thorn because it was empty inside