Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter discussion (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWhere blue doves fly
Sooooo ...47.5 The super one shot..Completely confuses me... Is it, like... An alternative universe kinda one shot?
What with how abusive some of the characters became, "Cherry-san's" androgynous physique, a new 'ripper' type character and the younger one seemingly at school now...

Anyone got any context?

...Pretty sweet scythe, though..

Everyone has their reasons, even if their reasons disagree with general taste.

If a mistake is made, please stay calm and explain your reasoning, point it out and try to help someone improve themselves rather than ignoring it/fleeing from it.

Don't get upset, get curious.

Castellan

Castellan

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts

It is the series pilot chapter. Many series are begun with a pilot chapter, usually a one-shot, where a publisher agrees to serialize it after. In the case of Momomoke Super, it came out two years before the Youkai Shoujo - monsuga series began serial publication. We've had it for awhile, but due to character and other "spoilers" chose not to do it until all the spoilers had been rendered moot. So yeah, two years before the series began, the author already had decided on these characters, and most of their names, the general theme, most of the powers, and several of the sight gags. There were however several noticeable, important changes. Like the MC was way too useless, naive, and stupid. I think we're all relieved Yatsuki slowly learns to kick ass over time.

Spoilers are the same reason we had to wait to do the Jump SQ chapter until the right moment in the story; all those characters on the last page are in G-CUP. (And wtf is a "Gigabai", anyway? I still don't really know.)

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
Aye, I know well enough what a pilot is. It is hard for me to imagine something being launched Without a pilot. Just did not think of it as one because of the chapter numbering and title. But looking at it again as a pilot, I can appreciate it a touch more.

Either way, cheers for the answer! Really shed some light on things~

If a mistake is made, please stay calm and explain your reasoning, point it out and try to help someone improve themselves rather than ignoring it/fleeing from it.

Jdog

Jdog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Glad to see the guy kicking the douchbag blonde's a$$ for what he did. Feel bad for Hime-chan though.

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

Chapter 61 feels wrong on so many levels

steal-man

steal-man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

chapter  72  up  .... i  want  to  see  if yatsuki is  able  to perform another spiritual  weapon other than rokka ... it would  be great to the story xD

Tadao why  u feel  chapter   61 is wrong  ? ??

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

The degree to which it focuses on someone breaching privacy so much, whilst it does not do it for any of the other non main characters. And I get it, this manga is all about panty shots. But such an overdose of pure peeking just makes me feel uncomfortable

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

I think I got chapter 79's themesong

DrakeReversi

DrakeReversi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

So what's up with the translation of the manga? Was it dropped?

GodricKharg

GodricKharg

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 87 posts
  • LocationNorth of Niagara Falls... Someplace...

So what's up with the translation of the manga? Was it dropped?

No, its not dropped, we are still working on it, it is just a bit slower for the last...  well, ok, the last year things slowed down alot.

I write fanfiction
https://www.fanfiction.net/~godrickharg
3 SEKIREI stories
1 Nisekoi short oneshot
1 freezing x Sekirei crossover