Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Just too good

best masterpiece epic genius

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Flow101

Flow101

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
This just too dam good. What you think?

babbo3d

babbo3d

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Locationin the outer tower (failed on the first floor)
right now i would have to agree i really like the direction it went
Posted Image

Airi-Chan

Airi-Chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationItaly

right now i would have to agree i really like the direction it went

I think almost the same. But honestly I hope Zenkichi in the end beats Medaka and leave her in the dust because she really pissed me off for the way she treats him in the latest chapters.

Rinroken

Rinroken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Agreed. She has a lot of nerve. Shes been dragging him around since day one and claims to love him when hes gone its almost like she feels nothing. This guy deserves a lot more credit that he's getting. With all with all the work hes put in, I don't see enough positive results, relationship-wise. Maybe a good swift ass-kicking will show her true weakness and how to love a guy who gives his all for you.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Medaka Box is pretty much the epitome of Shounen. It takes everything wrong with Shounen, makes fun of it, and makes it good.

The use of Meta-humor is amazing. It's great that a Shounen manga is so cerebral. Each arc dissects a certain aspect of Shounen series and both makes fun of it, and tweaks it to perfection.

The best part is that every arc has culminated in this current Zenkichi vs Medaka arc. I'd say Medaka Box is a great Shounen series for casual readers, and a mind blowingly fantastic series for hardcore, intelligent Shounen and Seinen readers.

2z50p6t.png

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well the way medaka in now, its like she is a villian. I mean in a series where you dont know what a character is thinking its certain that he is the villian or at least in every series where we know who the villian is, we dont know what he is thinking until he is defeated. but we think that medaka is the good one here, because thats the Impression we got from the series until now, thats why I really dont know what the author is thinking.
I think medaka loves zenkichi, I mean why else did she cry when she thought that he would have died?

Rinroken

Rinroken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
I think so too, the problem is she loves everyone. She would flip out of any of her friends died but I dont think she knows how different her feelings are for Zenkichi. She doesnt know what true love because no one has ever told/showed her. Shes devoting herself to the happiness of others so much that shes forgetting the happiness of the person whos been with her since day one. She hasn't once asked herself, what would make Zenkichi happy.

Edited by Rinroken, 20 November 2011 - 07:58 PM.

xandaron

xandaron

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I think almost the same. But honestly I hope Zenkichi in the end beats Medaka and leave her in the dust because she really pissed me off for the way she treats him in the latest chapters.

I honestly hope Zenkichi destroys her as well, but leaving her in the dust really doesn't give anything a sense of closure. Zenkichi is totally devoted to Medaka, and even if people want to say that Anshin'in has tricked him I don't think so. He's doing this because he cares about her and he wants her to amend her ways (or that is how I see it anyway). So I hope that Zenkichi's influence helps her realize that if she is the only one saying something it is incorrect (and I believe in this latest chapters the author is alluding to that just by what Kamome said to her).

Edit: I realize that most of what I've said is based on my wishful thinking that it happens that way.

Edited by xandaron, 23 November 2011 - 09:40 PM.

AzureNova

AzureNova

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth California
Truthfully, I really want Zenkichi to win this battle. If not, I think the most important thing that I want to happen is that Medaka finally starts to appreciate "friends", and not just her "enemies", and especially appreciate Zenkichi. She needs to learn about the value of her friends and not be so power hungry. I think Medaka can became a really attractive character if she starts to change her superiority complex personality.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well until now we didn´t see any development for medaka, I hope that will change.
I think Zenkichi should also ignore medaka and concentrate on something else, then medaka will also see that something is missing.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
new chapter out.

so what?? do they want to tell me that zenkichi held medaka back? she is even stronger alone?????

xandaron

xandaron

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

new chapter out.

so what?? do they want to tell me that zenkichi held medaka back? she is even stronger alone?????

In a way, yes. But honestly Medaka has become less and less of a protagonist (her demeanor anyway) simply by being isolated from her friends. She is even more ridiculously battle mad and above all stupid. Week in and week out I simply come to hate the "new" her more and more. The fact that Kumagawa has proven himself a better friend and less of a danger to mankind than Medaka speaks volumes. I'm honestly interested to see what sort of insane skill Zenkichi thought up that would even floor someone the likes of Anshin'in, he's proven that when it comes to Medaka he will go above and beyond in not only mental illness but also stupidity as well as bravery.

Inarius

Inarius

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHeaven
I'm curious to see just who will Zenkichi "defeat" Ajimu, and I hope this won't be the end we'll see of Hipster-kun. That guy is the next best thing since Kumagawa.

And as for his second skill, Zenkichi should ask Hanten for the skill to make him (Hanten) turn 180°

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
could it be that when medaka was alone when she was a kid she killed someone and because zenkichi was all the time around her she had herself under control or he would help her to stay calm and not kill anybody without knowing it.

Inarius

Inarius

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHeaven
I think that the Medaka we saw in 124 is how Medaka was always like before she met Zenkichi.

Zenkichi prob acted as the suppressor or gate keeper of Medaka's true self.

That's why she was prob in a good mood when Hipster scum confronted her, since with Zenkichi being gone her true self started to resurface.

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
I'm really starting to hate Medaka. The way she changed her mind is absolutely amazing, and hateful all the way. Beating up Zenkichi because he was not strong enough? She seems to feel just too damn superior to even remember her main goal of helping anyone that might be in trouble.

That said, I wonder what's Zenkichi's ability about. I don't believe it's a devastating power that would defeat Medaka by strength. If it was like that, Ajimu would have had a different reaction. I also believe it might be kind of nonsensical and even funny.

Something like... "The power to break the 4th wall"? That would be hillarious.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I think it will come to, that when medaka fights against zenkichi, she will realize that she needs frends and that zenkichi is a very imortant person to her.

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Am I the only one who likes Medaka way better than Zen? He pisses me off so much haha!! I hope Medaka beats him senseless... Anyway, looking at it, it looks like this is set up to be the last arc!!

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
yeah, I also think that it is the last arc, because if medaka fights against zenkichi thats the climax at least for me. it also seems like this time the "flask" plan will be stopped for good.

naphack

naphack

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationIn the Black Forest, Germany
there might be even another arc.
Strictly thinking, the ultimate reason for the flask plan hasn't been revealed yet, so, id she succeeds, giving zenkichi ultimate power, what will come out of it?
However, I also do think, this manga will be over, the moment Medaka loses for the first time.

US RANDOM LEECHERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!

You don't scanlate, you don't complain, as simple as that.