Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

There should be more specific "trigger warnings"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

riversidenote

riversidenote

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
So I was expecting either something angsty or creepy but not that creepy...more of like a psychological thriller which this didnt seem to be. Since this wasn't supposed to be a smut I was skipping ahead to not get into the sex scene (I liked the art style) and then that one scene came up. I feel cheated since I was totally not expecting that. Anyone else think tags should be more specific?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

So I was expecting either something angsty or creepy but not that creepy...more of like a psychological thriller which this didnt seem to be. Since this wasn't supposed to be a smut I was skipping ahead to not get into the sex scene (I liked the art style) and then that one scene came up. I feel cheated since I was totally not expecting that. Anyone else think tags should be more specific?

I've personally always advocated that Batoto, like pretty much all the other online reader sites, stick with just the most basic of genre/category tags.

The bottom line is that adding/creating new tags is a Pandora's box that will literally never end once you begin doing it, and, well,  Manga Updates already does it. Manga Updates has, like, going on 4,000 freaking tags.......just unbelievable really. I mean, how esoteric can you possibly get and think it's still serving some (realistic) purpose? When you put it in the perspective of a reader site (Batoto), just imagine a search engine with 4,000 tags to choose from. Just image a comic page that has 250 tags on it (not an exaggeration, trust me). 

Yeah, I'll just tell you, if I have even the slightest inkling there might be something I don't want to deal with in a potential read, I'll vet it through MU first. I think all those tags have gotten to a ridiculous level, but much of the broader ones are indeed helpful. And yeah, I don't know if you looked this one up or not, but a few of the tags like "abusive lover", "domestic violence, "bullies....blah, blah, blah", "love/hate"..........gave me a pretty good idea of what I was getting into.   :)

Edited by svines85, 15 July 2015 - 05:48 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png