Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Shin Megami Tensei - Persona: Verity

ooc shin megami tensei persona roleplay

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

eZ8ObR2.jpg

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

PERSONA: VERITY

The massive zaibatsu known as the Ohashi group, a set of research corporations that singlehandedly supported the city of Neo-Tokyo, a metropolis rebuilt over its previous iteration after it was destroyed during conflicts against the invading West in the times of World War III. The Ohashi Group, originally a military weapons developer, eventually turned to other sciences such as medicine upon the end of the war, and it has become the single most powerful entity in all of Japan – that said, it’s effective rule only seems to extend throughout Neo-Tokyo, which is still a formidable size for a zaibatsu to rule over.

A year ago, a mercenary group dressed as the Japanese Self-Defense Group set up a perimeter throughout the border of the city, and although life continued on normally, unrest generated from the constant military presence and the roping off of the center of Neo-Tokyo, where the city hall was located – as well as the main offices of the Ohashi Group. This continued on until three months ago, when a gigantic head rose out from within the forbidden zone: a being that called itself Abaddon. The presence of this demon changed the world – the reality of what was once called the occult became all too true, and sudden disappearances in the city brought an all-new definition to the phrase “spirited away”.

Yet, in all of this, this new group of young people born to use this power continues to live their day-to-day life with as much normalcy as they could, but the day of reckoning approaches, and with it, a life-changing decision.

“THOU ART I AND I ART THOU.”

“Hello, this is your news anchor, Mitsuho Yamano! Today, we bring you daily reminders to all you students living in the area from the locals and the higher-ups from the Ohashi Group, who continue making sure our future remains bright with high education funding and even higher visions! Now then, to the details…”

“First of all, remember to do your best to be upstanding citizens of our fine city, today! Abaddon is known for being the punisher of the wicked, and you know what they say: the lawful are rewarded, the chaotic punished, while the neutral just don’t receive jack from anything! So, if you want to be recognized, make sure that you think your decisions through, and don’t you worry, we’re sure that you’ll probably pick the correct one for yourself. Of course, consequences are consequences!”

“Be outstanding to your fellow students, neighbors, and other families! The Ohashi group promotes a peaceful balance of calm and energy in relationships, but ask that you avoid the turbulence generated from conflict, quite unlike the ‘whistleblowers’ who seek to incite peril amongst us all. If you have any information on the terrorists calling themselves the Shadows of Liberation, please phone the number below or inform your local military station.”

“Lastly, rumors of a long-nosed man claiming to be a fortune teller seem to be circulating around the various parts of the city. Appearances of this unknown man are frequent, but in various parts of the city, almost all at one time. Law enforcement suspects that this may simply be a figure in another activity to ruse up chaos from the Shadows, but we citizens do know better, am I right? Or am I right?”

“Anyways, that is all for today. I’m Mitsuho Yamano, just doing my part in contributing to this amazing community. The sun is out and the day is beautiful, so go enjoy it, kids!”

The following is the character sheet for this role-play. Details will be included below:

Spoiler

Edited by Bridget, 13 July 2015 - 02:25 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

So we create our own Persona, but you decide its abilities or powers? How many characters are we limited to?

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

For balance purposes, yes. I did it last time, and it worked, so why fix what isn't broken?

Only one character - I made the mistake of allowing too many characters. I don't mind smaller NPC's as long as you run them through me through PM's or whatever, but one major character please.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

So we have all creative liberty as to what our Persona looks like? I mean, I'm just going to use images, but it's up to us what they look like right?

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Well, the Persona is - and always will be - a part of your character. It'd be wrong of me to take that freedom away from you.

Go hunt for some nifty Persona pics now.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 18 July 2015 - 03:57 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

I'll just go ahead and post this application. I expect issues to come from my Persona, hopefully you find the application fine as it is.

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 09 August 2015 - 05:40 AM.

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

@Shmuser

I don't have an issue with the Persona, I have more of an issue with that bare-bone history section. I know I didn't ask for much, but I need a little more to work with, buddy. ^___^

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Well, seeing how a there wasn't an established length of what the History section should look like...or the lack of an example application...I went the safe way and made it short. I'll edit my application, I'm relieved to know my Persona is fine though.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Britza: I have completed the CS, wanna know your thoughts.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Spoiler

Brazil is a place of many mysteries - and time consumption.

Anyways, I like it. Your arcana is that of Chariot, and your skills are as follows:

Bash

Agi

Tarunda

Evil Touch

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

What does Brazil have to do with anything?

Brazil is a place of many mysteries - and time consumption.

I edited my application, could you also provide a response to whether it is accepted or not?

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'll just go ahead and post this application. I expect issues to come from my Persona, hopefully you find the application fine as it is.

Spoiler

Brazil has everything to do with this. You just don't know it yet.

Anyways, I like it - I can relate to being stuck in an unknown place, that is my current situation after all. Just saying though that all Persona users can fly due to their Personas carrying them around; it's not unique.

You are of the Hierophant arcana, and your skills are as follows:

Zio

Poison Mist

Sukukaja

Resist Wind

Edited by Bridget, 17 July 2015 - 08:08 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

"Just saying though that all Persona users can fly due to their Personas carrying them around; it's not unique."

Uhhhhh, k? I...wasn't thinking it was unique, it was just a notable quality I placed down from the image. This is the first time I'm participating in a Persona-themed RP, by the way.

Manchester's a priest, lel

I'm already doing wiki research on the Arcana and the skills

Edited by Shmuser Name, 17 July 2015 - 09:52 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
Spoiler

Edited in the powers and arcana.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

took a while but here ya go

Spoiler

Edited by I AM HE, 20 July 2015 - 07:08 PM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

C'mere, Jod. You deserve a hug.

Anyways, you are of the Emperor arcana, and your skills are as follows:

Zio

Kill Rush

Rakukaja

Kill Rush is worth two basic skills in my book, so you start with three. : 3

Diversity can take it up the ass.

Edited by Bridget, 20 July 2015 - 01:51 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Wait, Jod, no special skill for John, though?

Bridget

Bridget

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Eh, he can fill that in later.

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

C'mere, Jod. You deserve a hug.

Anyways, you are of the Emperor arcana, and your skills are as follows:

Zio

Kill Rush

Rakukaja

Kill Rush is worth two basic skills in my book, so you start with three. : 3

Diversity can take it up the ass.

Woo, innernet hugs!  Liking the look of them skills

Wait, Jod, no special skill for John, though?

wups, too bad badass aint a skill

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE