Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

about the coup (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

WillTell

WillTell

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts

So I've read the novels as far as they're translated and this manga, but I'm having difficulty understanding the coup. From what I gather Lux wanted to change the empire, so he and that "older brother" planned the coup, but it seems Lux wanted to do it without killing anyone, while somehow the "brother" made it so all the 1200 drag knights would be dead. Not really clear about that, but what I'm more interested in is how was Lux imagining a coup, changing the thinking of the empire without killing anyone. I know there exists bloodless coups, but I don't think that's possible with this empire.

Or, I just got it all wrong, and that's why I don't understand, so correct me then.

kavinh

kavinh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

So I've read the novels as far as they're translated and this manga, but I'm having difficulty understanding the coup. From what I gather Lux wanted to change the empire, so he and that "older brother" planned the coup, but it seems Lux wanted to do it without killing anyone, while somehow the "brother" made it so all the 1200 drag knights would be dead. Not really clear about that, but what I'm more interested in is how was Lux imagining a coup, changing the thinking of the empire without killing anyone. I know there exists bloodless coups, but I don't think that's possible with this empire.

Or, I just got it all wrong, and that's why I don't understand, so correct me then.

i know its late but from what's shown in the anime/LN it wasn't necessarily changing it but to stop the empire from doing what they were doing since it was implied they were begining to dwell deeper into human experiments and going to involve more innocent civilians. The brother didn't kill the drag knights he killed the left over remnants of the former empire so basically the non combatants, those 1200 drag knights are almost definitely dead, Lux from my understanding wasn't really about now killing anyone but to lower the casualities as much as possible so he was hopping to at least leave the former empire remnants alive and probably imprison them instead of what his brother did and just go ahead and execute them all.

Edited by kavinh, 07 February 2016 - 07:30 AM.